Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Winter is Coming

• Start Topic

Summer's over, and that means one last weekend with no regrets; a Hamptons White Party turns into a messy affair when Kyle blows up at Amanda over a lip-syncing scandal; Cristina makes a dramatic exit; Carl disappears into the night.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

sorry, but i just love kyle.   i sorta like steve.  can't stand any of the others.  i hope there is a second season with kyle .

If Kyle came back next season with a whole new group, I'd be down.  Hell, I'd even keep Lindsay & Everett if the twins stayed away and were replaced with someone more interesting/fun/pick an adjective.

• Love 1

Carl is seriously messed up. He needs to be in therapy. I don't know why any woman would want to be involved with him, when he has so many family issues.

I like the twins.

I actually felt bad for Christina. She did the right thing by leaving.

everett and Lindsay. No thanks. 

• Love 3

These kids are so dramatic. Except for the one twin who isn't even really friends with these idiots, they are all literally going back to the city where they live within 20 square blocks of each other, and some even live together. 

Christina is officially the worst. She's like a perpetual third wheel. I don't even know why she wanted to spend all summer in this house with people who don't even like her and even though Kyle is no saint, I'm glad he didn't back down from calling her behavior embarrassing. She was unnecessarily rude, not unlike the hooker comment from a few episodes back. It seems to be a pattern with her, and I don't think she's malicious, just bad at reading the room and desperate to fit in. It's tiring.

Even though it's a hideous double standard, I kind of love that Steven gets away with being just as much of a meddler. But I also think there are other personality traits that add to Christina's unlikability, that awkward staredown with Kyle at breakfast for example. Plus I still think the funniest bit was Steven leading aquarobics.

Also love how Kyle thinks Carl's douchiness negates his own. There can be more than one asshole, congrats on being just slightly less of a dick.

And protip for anyone who is trying to beat a hangover with a vitamin drip, it works better if you do it before you go drinking. Frankly, drinking a bottle of electrolyte water or gatorade before going to sleep is equally effective. Not that it would help Carl, he wasn't suffering from a hangover, more like debilitatingly bad decisions.

Edited by rho
  • Love 5

Carl isn't just a player. He is a psychopath. He was gushing all over Lauren Saturday night. HE was the one insisting they were going to continue hanging all night, and he'd sleep in her room, etc. Then he just vanishes into thin air. But he can't even bang his random girl somewhere else. No, he sneaks her back into the house then right back out again. Lauren is a fool for accepting his lame apologies over and over, but this dude is CRAZY. 

Now that Kyle isn't single anymore, he might be in the ring with Lindsey and Everette to battle it out for "most dysfunctional couple". They're only a couple for one weekend and he's already snapping at her in public, leaving her alone to go out partying with his friends....and she's nothing but a whiny, insecure mess. "Kyle, Kyyyyyle". Ugh. Her voice. She has to keep reminding him over and over that she's not "over" everything. Jesus God woman, give it a rest. Either let his single summer go and be with him or don't. 

Christina - I just can't like her. Sorry. She IS a meddler, and she just has this smug attitude that makes me constantly want to smack her. I will acknowledge that she is not solely responsible for a lot of the shit people are blaming her for, but I just find her to be a really unpleasant, annoying person and I think it says a lot that EVERYONE got fed up with her. 

Ashley and Lauren bawling over saying goodbye - it was like one of them was shipping off to 'Nam. I get that you're twins, but you will see each other again. I wonder how Ashley's husband feels watching this. He will always be second to Lauren. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this. It was good, snarky fun. If it comes back for season 2, I'll be with Stephen - grabbing my popcorn and sitting back to watch the drama unfold. 

• Love 10

I somehow doubt that Kyle and Amanda are still together. If they are, then she's an idiot. He specifically broke up with her at the beginning of summer because he wanted to fuck around, and knew he could get her back at the end. She's a sucker. Having said that, I find Kyle to be very entertaining (except for when he's interacting with Amanda). Even though he's a jerk.

Carl, on the other hand, is a jerk who is NOT entertaining. I wouldn't even want to be friends with that dude, much less date him. Ugh, he's gross.

Steven and Kyle can stay for season 2, everyone else should fuck off.

• Love 4

I agree. In non-romantic situations, Kyle is fun. 

He actually seems like he has a bit of a moral code, Amanda shit aside. It was Kyle who got super offended that Christina called those random girls "sluts". It was Kyle who wanted Christina and Amanda to stop loudly accusing the singers of lip syncing. So he seems to have some empathy and manners about him. 

Carl on the other hand struts around like his shit doesn't stink, like he's just so cute and funny that he can get away with anything. I really didn't see him trying to build a bond much with the house houseguests. It was like he just wanted a place to crash while he banged various girls all summer. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, rho said:

But I also think there are other personality traits that add to Christina's unlikability, that awkward staredown with Kyle at breakfast for example.

She does that staredown a lot. Then her eyes well up with tears and she acts like she can't speak. It's creepy and that departure was so damn staged and fake. She's a terrible actress and I think she's uncomfortable in front of the camera, despite her "entertainment reporter" profession. 

Lauren is such a doormat. Keeps talking about how strong she is, then falls for Carl's BS over and over again. Her sister  with the "If Lauren's good with Carl, then I'm good with him, too" comment. Well, that's not what you have been saying all summer, honey! Now all of a sudden you're fine with Carl treating your sister like shit. 

Kyle's getting a little old, (he's the oldest of the group at 35) for not being able to make a decision on what he wants with Amanda. He got exactly what he wanted, play all summer, back to a steady relationship for the winter.  I doubt they will stay together. He still has some growing up to do at the ripe old age of 35. 

Edited by bichonblitz
Lauren is the twin, not Lindsey
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Lindsey is such a doormat. Keeps talking about how strong she is, then falls for Carl's BS over and over again. Her sister  with the "If Lindsey's good with Carl, then I'm good with him, too" comment. Well, that's not what you have been saying all summer, honey! Now all of a sudden you're fine with Carl treating your sister like shit. 

Lauren and Ashley are the Wirkus twins; Lindsey is the one who is in "a healthy relationship" with Everett. 

8 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Lauren and Ashley are the Wirkus twins; Lindsey is the one who is in "a healthy relationship" with Everett. 

Yes, yes. I knew that, I stand corrected, thanks. Confused by the "L's" I guess.

Edited by bichonblitz
2 hours ago, Michichick said:

I somehow doubt that Kyle and Amanda are still together. If they are, then she's an idiot. He specifically broke up with her at the beginning of summer because he wanted to fuck around, and knew he could get her back at the end. She's a sucker. Having said that, I find Kyle to be very entertaining (except for when he's interacting with Amanda). Even though he's a jerk.

Carl, on the other hand, is a jerk who is NOT entertaining. I wouldn't even want to be friends with that dude, much less date him. Ugh, he's gross.

Steven and Kyle can stay for season 2, everyone else should fuck off.

If they aren't, they're putting on a hell of a show on Instagram and Twitter.  I think they'll be the only ones to return if there is a Season 2.

28 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

If they aren't, they're putting on a hell of a show on Instagram and Twitter.

Well, it's still winter. Let's wait until Memorial Day when summer officially begins at the Hamptons and see where the relationship is. I can't imagine Kyle and Amanda the lovebirds of Summerhouse season 2 will be all that interesting. 

• Love 2

True.  Bravo's promoting her Tweets today - so I just figured it was their way of insinuating her into the cast on the sly.  Though I imagine interest will wane before they have to commit to bringing it back or canceling it.  Everett tweeted pics of them all (including Christina) together watching the finale. 

12 hours ago, Drogo said:

If no one makes a GIF of Stephen eating popcorn out of his shirt, this whole season will have been for nothing.

Agreed! Stephen eating popcorn was the moment of the season. He was like an emoji in human form. It's hilarious that Christina got blamed for meddling and causing drama, but it was ALWAYS Stephen who would throw out a Truth Bomb and then just slink back and watch the fallout. Finally after a season of metaphorical popcorn eating, some producer thought to give him popcorn. Perfect. It was Stephen who announced that Carl snuck a girl out this episode, that Everett spent the night in a bed with 4 people, that Carl brought a date to the wedding (with photographic proof), etc. A good number of the fights throughout the season started because Stephen spilled a secret. But then he was smart enough to shut the F up, so he could just sit back and watch the drama unfold. Christina's problem wasn't that she stirred up more drama than Stephen; it was because she was too chatty about it and would ask people about their feelings and talk about her own thoughts on the situation. Stephen was involved in a lot of conversations, but he had a knack for just being a sounding board and listen without getting TOO involved--until the timing was just right to throw out some gossip or secret later on, and just float away on his Pegasus to avoid the shrapnel. (Mystery of how it was popped solved?) Stephen gets my vote for show MVP. It SEEMS like he didn't have a big role on the show, but his stealthy secret spilling is what made the show. 

• Love 10

I have to give Cristina some grief. I am amazed, AMAZED, when people put their germy suitcases right on the bed with nothing underneath it. No towel, nothing. Towels are easier to sanitize however even that bothers me, but less so. The last time I had girlfriends stay with me one of them did that on a white down comforter on the guest bed. She was never invited back.

On March 14, 2017 at 7:58 PM, JenE4 said:

Agreed! Stephen eating popcorn was the moment of the season. He was like an emoji in human form. It's hilarious that Christina got blamed for meddling and causing drama, but it was ALWAYS Stephen who would throw out a Truth Bomb and then just slink back and watch the fallout. Finally after a season of metaphorical popcorn eating, some producer thought to give him popcorn. Perfect. It was Stephen who announced that Carl snuck a girl out this episode, that Everett spent the night in a bed with 4 people, that Carl brought a date to the wedding (with photographic proof), etc. A good number of the fights throughout the season started because Stephen spilled a secret. But then he was smart enough to shut the F up, so he could just sit back and watch the drama unfold. Christina's problem wasn't that she stirred up more drama than Stephen; it was because she was too chatty about it and would ask people about their feelings and talk about her own thoughts on the situation. Stephen was involved in a lot of conversations, but he had a knack for just being a sounding board and listen without getting TOO involved--until the timing was just right to throw out some gossip or secret later on, and just float away on his Pegasus to avoid the shrapnel. (Mystery of how it was popped solved?) Stephen gets my vote for show MVP. It SEEMS like he didn't have a big role on the show, but his stealthy secret spilling is what made the show. 

Plus Stephen actually has some good qualities. He's funny and fun to be around. Christina literally has nothing going for her lol. Awkward stare downs, bitchy comments, crying, meddling, & that annoying smug look she does.. idk how any of them could be friends with her for so long. And I agree with what someone else said.. it says alot if an entire house of people turn against her. I think SHE is the problem, not them. 

Oh and even though Lindsay and Everett have a messed up relationship I do think it's cute when he's there for her when it comes to her issues with her mom. He seems to really care about her despite their fighting and drama. 

• Love 2
On 3/16/2017 at 11:42 PM, RedDelicious said:

I have to give Cristina some grief. I am amazed, AMAZED, when people put their germy suitcases right on the bed with nothing underneath it. No towel, nothing. Towels are easier to sanitize however even that bothers me, but less so. The last time I had girlfriends stay with me one of them did that on a white down comforter on the guest bed. She was never invited back.

This is fascinating because it's something that would never have occurred to me. Where is the correct place for one to put a suitcase if one is packing or unpacking it? I always put my suitcase on the bed to do this, unless I'm in a hotel that has a suitcase stand.

• Love 1