Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Duggars Reunited

Josh's family arrives in Washington, D.C. to visit and also to celebrate Mackynzie, Jordyn and Josie's birthdays, which involves candy making. While there, the older girls make an attempt to drive around the city and the entire family goes to an ice rink.

There have been many eposides that were themed around many of the J'Slaves learning to drive. 

In the previews for this episode we get to see miracle Josie licking up chocolate or some other slop off a table....  how precious...

Jordyn, Josie and Kynzie celebrate their birthdays. It's so sad that Jordyn has to be lumped with Josie and Kynzie. She's a year older than them.  Why can't she have a party of her own?

Because the party was originally for Josie and Kynzie. They just added Jordyn after the fact when they remembered she existed.

I remember when they celebrated Josie's first birthday. There were tons of gifts for her, banners, and a huge cake but no mention of Jordan whose birthday is like less than ten days away.

Jim Bob has to emphasize what a jerk he is just in case some one missed it.  That could be the theme of so many episodes recently.  I saw he had his plate well filled, but Jessa seems to have only put a little on her plate which made me again think the entire meal was just for filming. 

I hope the little girls are continuing with speech therapy.  They've improved but I think they still have plenty of room for improvement.  My two year old (almost) grandson can years and four more clearly than any of them can. 

Is it just me or does Miracle Josie just always seem to look "sickly"?   Aside from whatever learning or cognative delays she may have, she never looks well to me.  Of course in this episode J'Chelle had to over-emphasize that she is HEALTHY....   Really?

Edited by MrMattyMatt
  • Love 1

Josie just has that micropreemie look.  You can usually pick a micropreemie out of a crowd until they are about six.  There's just something about the size of their heads and eyes in proportion to their bodies.  She also seems to have some allergy issues:  the dark eye circles, redness around the whites of the eyes, runny nose, and slight gaping of her mouth says chronic allergies to me.  She's a mouth breather.  Since her dad has allergies and we saw Michelle's Tupperware container full of antihistamine for the great westward migration of 08' (suggesting quite a few Duggar spawn have allergies), on top of preemie lungs, it's not surprising that she looks a little sickly.

Also wanted to add-  please tell me those boys don't truly believe that filming their own passion play in the snow is a great idea.  Please?  That's something you do, as a laugh, at your second grade slumber party, with your friends.  The fact that Josiah and Josh were involved is a little weird.  Why must everything be a Bible based parable?  We all know that, left to his own devises, one of the Duggar boys films movies about assault weapons and paramilitary missions in the backyard.  Where is that in the Bible?  I don't recall Lot's daughters busting out Ak47s to keep drunk daddy off of them.  If they're going to go "biblical is better", than I say make a lorno out of Jacob, his two sisters, and a handmaid!   Perhaps some Song of Solomon, boob action?  I'm just saying, the Bible standard isn't as PG as it seems. 

Ugh.  Why must those girls ice skate in long skirts?

• Love 2

Ugh.  Why must those girls ice skate in long skirts?

I wondered the same thing - it didn't look safe since their long skirts are kind of tight and restrict movement. And movement is kind of essential when doing physical activity, JimBoob! I know I would be pissed if someone made me try to legitimately skate in a skirt that didn't let me move my legs to keep from falling!

(edited)

Is it just me or does Miracle Josie just always seem to look "sickly"? Aside from whatever learning or cognative delays she may have, she never looks well to me. Of course in this episode J'Chelle had to over-emphasize that she is HEALTHY.... Really?

Yep, what wanderwoman said, Josie has preemie head. They are turned periodically, rotisserie-style, to prevent their heads from just being flat in the back or whichever side they'd favor. The net result is what I call the bug-eyed preemie look, their faces are narrower and they don't have the round cherubic faces you're used to seeing. My son has my face which means his eyes are close together, so we've avoided the bug eyes but in school photos especially, his face looks like an older kid's, and when he's tired he can look pretty ragged.

I don't worry as much about Josie as others do; she talks way better than my kid (we're in speech therapy), and her gross and fine motor are pretty okay; she seems more engaged than Jordyn and Jenny did at that age. I remember people were really upset last season at her nonreaction to getting knocked down hard by a door but pain tolerance in preemies can be funny; a quick google turns up a trove of message board posts like "my micropreemie cut a big old gash in his foot, bled all over the house, and didn't even notice" type stories. It's handy for less screaming, scary when you realize they've got an eardrum-splitting ear infection and didn't even whimper, and hilarious when daycare's little injury reports are like "your kid has a scratch on his face but we have no idea when that happened. We gave him ice which annoyed him."

Edited by aunt jen
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's clear Josie has some "issues," but why shouldn't she, being born at 25 weeks?  It IS a miracle that she survived at all!  Too bad they have to spoil it by vociferous denying -- again -- REALITY.  Would it be a slight against their (idea of) God to admit to imperfection?  Life is full of it...  Certainly the Duggars are full of it!  Aside from that, I believe she's definitely one of prettier Duggar offspring; a mini-Michelle.  And, even if 'Kensie's line, "I wish you could stay forever," was scripted and rehearsed, she probably means it.  I find the relocation very sad... 

Edited by all4mom