Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Thanks @deaja!

3 - Totally agree that Glenn is just a strange, unfunny character. I'm glad we didn't have to put up with him more than what we did.

8 - Aww, I love the tutoring Jess stuff.

4 - Tie-breaking to vote this one out. While I love the Gypsy wanting to go home bit (especially that she breaks off the windshield wipers and then admits to it....bahahahahaha.....) Dean was so smart-aleck and impudent there I want to kill him more than usual.

Still voting against three!

Favorite Random Moments

1.  Lorelai goes back out to the Jeep when she realizes Rory isn't at FND yet, and does a weird little dance to the song on the radio. Emily knocks on the window and scares her half to death. "So I put my purse on the seat and I put the keys in the car, and naturally the radio came on 'cause that's what it does, and, uh, Shadow Dancing was playing, which was one of my all time favorite songs in junior high." "And you forgot to look for your lip gloss." "Just for a second." "Which makes sense since it's in the ashtray right next to you."  (The Fundamental Things Apply)

2.  Luke admits to Lorelai that he and Nicole got married on the cruise ship (and are getting divorced) and they talk about it while packing Rory's things in the truck.  Kirk walks by with a parachute, presumably after skydiving to promote the opening of Taylor's Soda Shoppe.  "Strong wind."  (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

5.  Michel jogs around town square numerous times, waiting for Lane and Mrs. Kim to come by so he can do a covert CD drop.  (And I agree - seriously? Michel would never. Heh.) "I’ve been running around this stupid square for over an hour." "Why?" "Why? Because the plan was to drop the CD at nine o’clock." "No, it got changed to ten. I told my mom and she said she’d pass it on. She didn’t pass it on, did she?"  (It Should've Been Lorelai)

6.  Luke is renovating his apartment, which is causing all kinds of construction havoc in the diner.  Jess comes over and opens up an umbrella for Rory to sit under while she and Lorelai eat.  (There's the Rub)

7.  The girls run into Emily at the mall (!!) and take her to eat at the food court.  "I got a little something from everywhere." "I wouldn't know where to begin." "Well, start at the top and stop when you hit table."  (Scene in a Mall)

9.  Lorelai chats with some of her business degree schoolmates about how horrible snotty rich people are, after they see Emily and the cameraman setting up to film the graduation.  A woman brings in a box of corsages for Lorelai to pick one.  "This one, thanks." "Good choice. The cameraman said that would look best on film."  (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

10.  Paris is waiting outside the cafeteria to grill Rory about sitting with the Puffs.  "G-d! You're like a popup book from hell."  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

11.  Lorelai and the others redecorate for some rich guy's retirement party, who keeps changing his mind.  Lorelai goes to tell Sookie about the change just as she's finishing a very elaborate golf-ball cake, which she flips over into the trash can without a word.  (Dear Emily & Richard)

12.  Rory, Paris, Janet, and Tanna try to figure out who could have written Die, Jerk on their door.  Paris has her list narrowed down from twenty-six to five.  "And my five are already taken care of." "They're taken care of?" "I got my East Side 860 partners on it."  (Die, Jerk)

13.  Dave stops by the dance marathon to see Lane.  He improvises a story when Mrs. Kim shows up.  "So if for some reason I'm not back here in twenty minutes, that means that I'm gonna be over there, on the church steps, waiting for my parents to get out so that I can tell them about the great sandwiches that they missed. Okay? Okay, great. Thanks a lot and I hope to see you soon." "I hope he comes back. He seemed hungry."  (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

14.  Robert finds Rory reading a book and asks her to the Tarantino-themed party.  "Business or pleasure? ....Social Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy: Lord and peasant and the making of the modern world. Oh. Pleasure." "Have you read it?" "I’m waiting for the film to come out." "Yeah, I heard Renee Zellweger is gaining a ton of weight to play the peasant." "Listen, I was wondering if you’re doing anything tomorrow night." "Oh. Um, I don’t know. Why?" "Well, it’s Finn’s birthday. He’s having a party. Lots of booze, no food whatsoever."  (Pulp Friction)

15.  Lorelai and Emily model matching outfits for the Chilton fashion show fundraiser and dance/strut down the runway to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

16.  Kirk, Paris, and Rory spend the night at Lorelai's house after "partying" too hard at the opening of the Twickham House museum.  "Kirk?" "Yeah?" "Turn off the TV, come have your breakfast." "In a minute." "Now!" "How old is he?"  (To Live and Let Diorama)

17.  Rory tries to come see Lane, but Mrs. Kim has found out there's termites at the Crap Shack.  She chases Rory away with a water hose.  (Secrets & Loans)

18.  Logan comes to see if Rory is mad at him after the classroom prank he, Colin, and Finn played on her while she was showing Anna around Yale.  "That's not a good look." "I have no words." "It was just a joke." "Oh no, wait. I found some. Jerk, ass, arrogant, inconsiderate, mindless, frat boy, lowlife, buttfaced miscreant."  (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

19.  Jess leaves the diner - quickly - when he realizes Liz's friends arranged for a stripper to come by.  "Got a package here." "From who? I'm not expecting anything." "It's a very important package." "But there's no address on it."  Jess waves at Luke through the window as he's leaving.  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

20.  Luke and Nicole come by the diner for coffee after their first date.  Jess offers to go out for about an hour.  "Go where?" "Out." "Out where?" "Out....for about an hour." "What are you talking about?" "I'm talking about going out for about an hour. What, you need more time?"  Luke drags him outside and smacks him upside the head.  (Dear Emily & Richard)

21.  Mrs. Kim has had enough of Lane's wallowing over breaking up with Zach.  She locks the door, covers the windows, and pulls out a hidden bottle of sake.  "Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on. Ahh. One more."  (The Perfect Dress)

22.  Luke catches up with Lorelai as they're both on their way to Mailboxes, Etc.  Lorelai needs stamps, Luke needs a divorce.  She offers to wait, to give him some privacy.  "I'm not taking a shower, I'm signing a paper." "I can come back later." "Will you please get in there and buy your stamps?" "Okay, fine." "Lots and lots of work."

23.  Luke is upset because there's a young mom breastfeeding in the diner.  He tries to get Lorelai to go tell her to stop.  Jess comes down the stairs and bolts away with an 'aw, geez!' when he sees what's going on.  "Okay, well, that was kind of fun."  (Eight O'Clock at the Oasis)

24.  Emily buys a panic room because she's afraid Richard wouldn't even come to see what was going on if she was being robbed or attacked.  She calls to tell Lorelai the code.  "Are you ready?" "Pen is poised." "1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1."  (We Got Us a Pippi Virgin)

25.  Richard tells the girls that he and Jason have acquired another insurance company.  "It's not a big company. It's smaller than ours, but very powerful." "Wait, the company is smaller than yours? Your company is two guys -- you and Jason." "This company is a one-man operation -- Bob Sutton." "So, you're acquiring Bob?" "We're acquiring his company, and his company is him." "Did he have to give himself two weeks' notice?" "No." "Is there gonna be a sad little going-away party where he brings in his own cake and blows out his candles?"  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)

26.  Sookie and Jackson tell Lorelai about the home birth they're planning.  Sookie rolls her eyes mockingly when Jackson refers to the baby as Davey or Colgate.  (Festival of Living Art)

27.  Sookie and Lorelai go over to let Emily have a taste-testing before they cater the launch party.  Lorelai points to herself when Emily mentions that the food is excellent but the presentation still needs a little work.  (An Affair to Remember)

28.  Lorelai finds out Jackson is hiding in Sookie's shoe closet because he's wearing pajamas with pictures of him in his wrestling uniform from high school.  "Jackson, you have to come out here right now!" "No." "Why?" "Because you sound too eager."  (Secrets & Loans)

29.  Luke is having trouble figuring out how to bury his 160 lb uncle and his 140 lbs of stuff.  "No, no, Taylor and the guys were right. I was cutting Louie slack out of respect for my dad, but the man was rotten and mean and selfish all his life. For God’s sake, he’s even selfish in death. Other people would’ve loved to have had those baseball cards. I would’ve loved to have those baseball cards. He’s got Lou Gehrig’s rookie card, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, tons of others – but no! My uncle, King Tut, has to take all of them to the afterlife with him!" "Sir, your voice." "I’m done, I’ve had it. From now on, it’s just the bare minimum and that’s it. Dig a big hole and just dump the casket in unlatched. If stuff falls out, fine. Just pile on enough dirt and make sure nothing’s showing!"  (Dead Uncles & Vegetables)

30.  The townies practice for the annual Christmas play.  The 'before' Mary is about to become an 'after'.  Baby Jesus is missing his arm, again.  "Maybe it’s just time to get a new baby Jesus, you know, one that’s a boy." "It’s a doll, no one can tell." "Well, it has a bow."  (Forgiveness & Stuff)

17 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

14 totally because it has the word "Finn" in it

I love this reasoning, so I will also vote for 14.

In addition to 14, 7, 9

Just to jump in here.

Favorite Random Moments is one of my favorite lists ever! It really captures much of the charm of GG.

Is there an informal rule about infrequent voters? I cannot keep up with your speed but would love to vote when I can.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

Is there an informal rule about infrequent voters? I cannot keep up with your speed but would love to vote when I can.

The more the merrier!  Not even all of our "regulars" can or do vote all the time.  :)

• Love 1

14 - I hate Colin much more than Finn, and I thought Robert was actually pretty funny, but yeah.  Meh.

27 - Funny but nothing special.

9 - I hate everything about this scene, sorry.

Favorite Random Moments

1.  Lorelai goes back out to the Jeep when she realizes Rory isn't at FND yet, and does a weird little dance to the song on the radio. Emily knocks on the window and scares her half to death. "So I put my purse on the seat and I put the keys in the car, and naturally the radio came on 'cause that's what it does, and, uh, Shadow Dancing was playing, which was one of my all time favorite songs in junior high." "And you forgot to look for your lip gloss." "Just for a second." "Which makes sense since it's in the ashtray right next to you."  (The Fundamental Things Apply)

2.  Luke admits to Lorelai that he and Nicole got married on the cruise ship (and are getting divorced) and they talk about it while packing Rory's things in the truck.  Kirk walks by with a parachute, presumably after skydiving to promote the opening of Taylor's Soda Shoppe.  "Strong wind."  (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

5.  Michel jogs around town square numerous times, waiting for Lane and Mrs. Kim to come by so he can do a covert CD drop.  (And I agree - seriously? Michel would never. Heh.) "I’ve been running around this stupid square for over an hour." "Why?" "Why? Because the plan was to drop the CD at nine o’clock." "No, it got changed to ten. I told my mom and she said she’d pass it on. She didn’t pass it on, did she?"  (It Should've Been Lorelai)

6.  Luke is renovating his apartment, which is causing all kinds of construction havoc in the diner.  Jess comes over and opens up an umbrella for Rory to sit under while she and Lorelai eat.  (There's the Rub)

7.  The girls run into Emily at the mall (!!) and take her to eat at the food court.  "I got a little something from everywhere." "I wouldn't know where to begin." "Well, start at the top and stop when you hit table."  (Scene in a Mall)

10.  Paris is waiting outside the cafeteria to grill Rory about sitting with the Puffs.  "G-d! You're like a popup book from hell."  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

11.  Lorelai and the others redecorate for some rich guy's retirement party, who keeps changing his mind.  Lorelai goes to tell Sookie about the change just as she's finishing a very elaborate golf-ball cake, which she flips over into the trash can without a word.  (Dear Emily & Richard)

12.  Rory, Paris, Janet, and Tanna try to figure out who could have written Die, Jerk on their door.  Paris has her list narrowed down from twenty-six to five.  "And my five are already taken care of." "They're taken care of?" "I got my East Side 860 partners on it."  (Die, Jerk)

13.  Dave stops by the dance marathon to see Lane.  He improvises a story when Mrs. Kim shows up.  "So if for some reason I'm not back here in twenty minutes, that means that I'm gonna be over there, on the church steps, waiting for my parents to get out so that I can tell them about the great sandwiches that they missed. Okay? Okay, great. Thanks a lot and I hope to see you soon." "I hope he comes back. He seemed hungry."  (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

15.  Lorelai and Emily model matching outfits for the Chilton fashion show fundraiser and dance/strut down the runway to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

16.  Kirk, Paris, and Rory spend the night at Lorelai's house after "partying" too hard at the opening of the Twickham House museum.  "Kirk?" "Yeah?" "Turn off the TV, come have your breakfast." "In a minute." "Now!" "How old is he?"  (To Live and Let Diorama)

17.  Rory tries to come see Lane, but Mrs. Kim has found out there's termites at the Crap Shack.  She chases Rory away with a water hose.  (Secrets & Loans)

18.  Logan comes to see if Rory is mad at him after the classroom prank he, Colin, and Finn played on her while she was showing Anna around Yale.  "That's not a good look." "I have no words." "It was just a joke." "Oh no, wait. I found some. Jerk, ass, arrogant, inconsiderate, mindless, frat boy, lowlife, buttfaced miscreant."  (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

19.  Jess leaves the diner - quickly - when he realizes Liz's friends arranged for a stripper to come by.  "Got a package here." "From who? I'm not expecting anything." "It's a very important package." "But there's no address on it."  Jess waves at Luke through the window as he's leaving.  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

20.  Luke and Nicole come by the diner for coffee after their first date.  Jess offers to go out for about an hour.  "Go where?" "Out." "Out where?" "Out....for about an hour." "What are you talking about?" "I'm talking about going out for about an hour. What, you need more time?"  Luke drags him outside and smacks him upside the head.  (Dear Emily & Richard)

21.  Mrs. Kim has had enough of Lane's wallowing over breaking up with Zach.  She locks the door, covers the windows, and pulls out a hidden bottle of sake.  "Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on. Ahh. One more."  (The Perfect Dress)

22.  Luke catches up with Lorelai as they're both on their way to Mailboxes, Etc.  Lorelai needs stamps, Luke needs a divorce.  She offers to wait, to give him some privacy.  "I'm not taking a shower, I'm signing a paper." "I can come back later." "Will you please get in there and buy your stamps?" "Okay, fine." "Lots and lots of work."

23.  Luke is upset because there's a young mom breastfeeding in the diner.  He tries to get Lorelai to go tell her to stop.  Jess comes down the stairs and bolts away with an 'aw, geez!' when he sees what's going on.  "Okay, well, that was kind of fun."  (Eight O'Clock at the Oasis)

24.  Emily buys a panic room because she's afraid Richard wouldn't even come to see what was going on if she was being robbed or attacked.  She calls to tell Lorelai the code.  "Are you ready?" "Pen is poised." "1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1."  (We Got Us a Pippi Virgin)

25.  Richard tells the girls that he and Jason have acquired another insurance company.  "It's not a big company. It's smaller than ours, but very powerful." "Wait, the company is smaller than yours? Your company is two guys -- you and Jason." "This company is a one-man operation -- Bob Sutton." "So, you're acquiring Bob?" "We're acquiring his company, and his company is him." "Did he have to give himself two weeks' notice?" "No." "Is there gonna be a sad little going-away party where he brings in his own cake and blows out his candles?"  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)

26.  Sookie and Jackson tell Lorelai about the home birth they're planning.  Sookie rolls her eyes mockingly when Jackson refers to the baby as Davey or Colgate.  (Festival of Living Art)

28.  Lorelai finds out Jackson is hiding in Sookie's shoe closet because he's wearing pajamas with pictures of him in his wrestling uniform from high school.  "Jackson, you have to come out here right now!" "No." "Why?" "Because you sound too eager."  (Secrets & Loans)

29.  Luke is having trouble figuring out how to bury his 160 lb uncle and his 140 lbs of stuff.  "No, no, Taylor and the guys were right. I was cutting Louie slack out of respect for my dad, but the man was rotten and mean and selfish all his life. For God’s sake, he’s even selfish in death. Other people would’ve loved to have had those baseball cards. I would’ve loved to have those baseball cards. He’s got Lou Gehrig’s rookie card, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, tons of others – but no! My uncle, King Tut, has to take all of them to the afterlife with him!" "Sir, your voice." "I’m done, I’ve had it. From now on, it’s just the bare minimum and that’s it. Dig a big hole and just dump the casket in unlatched. If stuff falls out, fine. Just pile on enough dirt and make sure nothing’s showing!"  (Dead Uncles & Vegetables)

30.  The townies practice for the annual Christmas play.  The 'before' Mary is about to become an 'after'.  Baby Jesus is missing his arm, again.  "Maybe it’s just time to get a new baby Jesus, you know, one that’s a boy." "It’s a doll, no one can tell." "Well, it has a bow."  (Forgiveness & Stuff)

8 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Also, 28. Poor Jackson. 

Bahahahaha.  I can't believe he'd even wear them around Sookie!  I'd have burnt that trash as soon as I was able.

• LOL 1

12 - I do find it amusing that Paris, who is annoyed by everything and everyone, dismissed the possibility of Die, Jerk being aimed at Rory when it was totally aimed at Rory.  Heh.

11 - I sure hope they were charging that old geezer an arm and a leg for all the wasted party decorations and man hours.  That is infuriating and entirely unprofessional.  Also, I can't believe they didn't have a policy about no changes within a certain time frame of the party.  (In other words, stupid plotline and I don't really remember the purpose of it at all?)

23 - The whole scene would have been funnier if Luke hadn't made such a huge deal about the mom breastfeeding.  It's not like she bared herself to the whole diner.  She even had her back turned to everyone, as I recall.  It does remind me of a funny story about one time I was sitting in the bathroom floor at Walmart feeding my oldest.  (I did that less out of worry about others as I could only nurse in a certain position and I had to be sitting down.)  I'm normally a very quiet and non-confrontational person but a gal came in and saw me and turned around to leave while loudly telling her friends she was going to wait because she "didn't want to see what was going on in here" and that just set me off.  I yelled after her if she's never seen one of these before, she's in the wrong bathroom.  Heh.

Favorite Random Moments

5 - Funny but you'll never convince me that Michel went along with it.  Kirk, sure, but not Michel.

10 - Meh.

16 - So wonderfully random.  I love when Kirk pouts and makes a fort out of cereal boxes.  He's such a child LOL.

Still three!

Favorite Random Moments

25 - I LOVE that Emily is amused by Lorelai and Rory here and kind of smirk-laughs as she's eating, otherwise meh.

26 - Ha ha ha I love the blink-and-you'll-miss-it physical comedy that MM is so good at.

30 - I always forget this scene exists until I happen to be watching the episode. The dog running by with the Jesus arm in his mouth later is funny though.

Still three!

Favorite Random Moments

13 - Considering that Dave has never been a fave of mine, not sad to see this one go.

18 - GIVE them BACK their BALLS! makes me laugh, so the classroom prank, while tacky and immature, does make me laugh. But overall, meh.

28 - Ah, Jackson's wrasslin' jammies. Poor guy.

Let's vote against two now!

Favorite Random Moments

21 - I love that this backs up my pet theory that Mrs. Kim was not nearly as strict and unbending as Lane grew up believing.

24 - Yeah this one cracks me up.

Favorite Random Moments

Most unanimous round of voting yet! Thanks for making this one easy on me! LOL

2 - Cracks me up that we had completely forgotten all about Kirk's skydiving gig until he walked by, hours later.  Poor Kirk.

17 - Hee!  I love Mrs. Kim.

Last time voting against two!

Favorite Random Moments

7 - I still have a hard time believing the mall had a store that was exclusive enough for Emily Gilmore to step foot in.  I just.....can't.

20 - Hee hee hee.  I don't think Jess meant any disrespect to Nicole.  I say this sadly as a Liz fan, but making himself scarce for about an hour after his "parent" went out on a date was probably what he was used to.  Aw, Jess.

Voting against just one now!

Favorite Random Moments

19 out! Liz's friends are disgusting, but Luke & Jess make that scene hilarious.

Favorite Random Moments