Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

22 - Luke gives the best hugs, truly. The hair-ruffling thing just melts me.

26 - Awww.

Favorite Hugs

1.   Lorelai is with Sookie and Michel when she finds out Gran has died.  Michel offers her a hug.  "A little weird, huh?" "Yeah, extremely." "Heart in the right place, but never again?" "Thank G-d."  (The Reigning Lorelai)

4.  Lorelai brags on Rory getting accepted into Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.  Luke awkwardly hugs/pats her head.  "Oh." "Oh." "Okay." "Wow." "Ah, I'm not good at hugging." "Oh, I thought it worked."  (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

7.  Lorelai leaves Rory at Yale.  For the first time, at least.  "So. . .this is it." "This is it." "Learn a lot of stuff." "I'll try." "And, uh, you know, keep in touch." "Well, we'll at least exchange Christmas cards." "With a letter detailing what's happened over the year." "And a current photo." "Don't joke!" "You started it." "I was masking my pain."  (The Lorelai's First Day at Yale)

10.  After her humiliating dinner with Gran grilling her about her lack of money to finish work on the Dragonfly, Lorelai sits on a park bench with Luke and breaks down.  He gently hugs her and strokes her hair as she cries.  "You are not failing."  (The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)

11.  Jess thanks Luke for all the help over the past two years.  "Well, it's good to hear, but I kind of knew that." "Yeah, but, in a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation." "I think I read that somewhere." "Yeah?" "You're hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here." "Thanks. The tie work out?" "The tie was perfect."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

16.  Lorelai and Sookie realize at the same time that Sookie is pregnant.  Lorelai and Rory run to hug her.  "Oh my G-d....oh my G-d....you're pregnant!" "I’m pregnant! Oh my G-d, I’m pregnant!" "You’re pregnant?" "I’m pregnant!"  (The Big One)

17.  Rory finds out she's going to Chilton.  "Really?!" "Really." "I don't believe this! Oh my G-d, I'm going to Chilton!" "Yeah." "Sookie, I'm going to Chilton!" "I'll make cookies. Protestants love oatmeal."  (Pilot)

18.  Rory finally gets back from Washington DC.  She and Lorelai run toward each other in the airport and fall down hugging.  "I am so glad to see you!" "No, I’m glad to see you!" "I’m never leaving home again." "Aw, that’s my emotionally stunted girl!"  (Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days)

21.  Babette and Miss Patty find out Luke and Lorelai are engaged and come hunting him down.  "Where the hell is he?" "There! He's right there!" "Get over here you!" "I can't believe it!" "You finally did it you dumb son of a bitch! You finally got in there and closed the deal!"  (New & Improved Lorelai)

25.  Richard & Emily find out Rory is going to Yale (and that it's okay for them to be excited about it).  "She’s going to Yale!" "She’s going to Yale!"  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

1 - Aw, at least he tried.

17 - Meh. Fine scene but not that special to me.

Vote against two one last time.

Favorite Hugs

4.  Lorelai brags on Rory getting accepted into Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.  Luke awkwardly hugs/pats her head.  "Oh." "Oh." "Okay." "Wow." "Ah, I'm not good at hugging." "Oh, I thought it worked."  (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

7.  Lorelai leaves Rory at Yale.  For the first time, at least.  "So. . .this is it." "This is it." "Learn a lot of stuff." "I'll try." "And, uh, you know, keep in touch." "Well, we'll at least exchange Christmas cards." "With a letter detailing what's happened over the year." "And a current photo." "Don't joke!" "You started it." "I was masking my pain."  (The Lorelai's First Day at Yale)

10.  After her humiliating dinner with Gran grilling her about her lack of money to finish work on the Dragonfly, Lorelai sits on a park bench with Luke and breaks down.  He gently hugs her and strokes her hair as she cries.  "You are not failing."  (The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)

11.  Jess thanks Luke for all the help over the past two years.  "Well, it's good to hear, but I kind of knew that." "Yeah, but, in a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation." "I think I read that somewhere." "Yeah?" "You're hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here." "Thanks. The tie work out?" "The tie was perfect."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

16.  Lorelai and Sookie realize at the same time that Sookie is pregnant.  Lorelai and Rory run to hug her.  "Oh my G-d....oh my G-d....you're pregnant!" "I’m pregnant! Oh my G-d, I’m pregnant!" "You’re pregnant?" "I’m pregnant!"  (The Big One)

18.  Rory finally gets back from Washington DC.  She and Lorelai run toward each other in the airport and fall down hugging.  "I am so glad to see you!" "No, I’m glad to see you!" "I’m never leaving home again." "Aw, that’s my emotionally stunted girl!"  (Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days)

21.  Babette and Miss Patty find out Luke and Lorelai are engaged and come hunting him down.  "Where the hell is he?" "There! He's right there!" "Get over here you!" "I can't believe it!" "You finally did it you dumb son of a bitch! You finally got in there and closed the deal!"  (New & Improved Lorelai)

25.  Richard & Emily find out Rory is going to Yale (and that it's okay for them to be excited about it).  "She’s going to Yale!" "She’s going to Yale!"  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

16 & 21 out. Love them both, both great "friends" moments, not much else to say other than this is pretty much impossible now.  Voting against one.

Favorite Hugs

10 - I love how genuinely comforting Luke is.

Favorite Hugs

18 - My only wish for this scene is that Lorelai had been wearing sunglasses and holding a sign that said 'Gilmore' like she was a hired driver when Rory got off the plane, heh.

Favorite Hugs

4 - As much as I love it, it's not quite on the emotional level as the rest.

Favorite Hugs

7 is out!  Sweet scene, a little OTT though when you stop to think that Yale is literally a 20 minute drive away.  Heh.

Time to vote FOR our WINNER!

Favorite Hugs

11 it is! *squeals happily*

Favorite Hugs

Jess thanks Luke for all the help over the past two years.  "Well, it's good to hear, but I kind of knew that." "Yeah, but, in a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation." "I think I read that somewhere." "Yeah?" "You're hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here." "Thanks. The tie work out?" "The tie was perfect."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

• Love 1

Okay my idea for the next game may end up just one big hot mess, heh, but I'd like to do Favorite Random Moments.  These are moments that don't really have anything to do with anything, but are memorable just because they are funny, or sweet, or touching, or nostalgic, or whatever.  I'll post the first one, which always makes me die laughing and I always have to watch it three or four times before I can move on.

Favorite Random Moments

1.  Lorelai goes back out to the Jeep when she realizes Rory isn't at FND yet, and does a weird little dance to the song on the radio. Emily knocks on the window and scares her half to death. "So I put my purse on the seat and I put the keys in the car, and naturally the radio came on 'cause that's what it does, and, uh, Shadow Dancing was playing, which was one of my all time favorite songs in junior high." "And you forgot to look for your lip gloss." "Just for a second." "Which makes sense since it's in the ashtray right next to you."  (The Fundamental Things Apply)

Luke and Lorelai are packing Rory's stuff in the truck and Kirk strolls by with a parachute.

Rory and Paris are on the beach and Glen comes stumbling out of the ocean.

Richard is making Gypsy check and recheck the car that Dean gave to Rory. He looks at Dean says, "You're tall." To which Dean replies, "Do you want to dance?"

Michel jogs around the square (seriously?) to covertly deliver a CD to Rory.

The diner is being renovated. Sheetrock is falling. Out of the blue, Jess pulls out an umbrella to cover Lorelai and Rory.

When the girls teach Emily how to order from the food court. 

When Rory guesses the Clash song while "tutoring" Jess. 

When Lorelai's business school classmates go on and on about rich people and then find out she's one of THEM. 

Rory calling Paris a "pop up book from hell". 

Sookie flipping the golf ball themed cake into the trash after that crazy guy (name is eluding me) changed his mind for the 4548th time. 

When the roommates are discussing the message left on their door and Paris says she has her "East Side 860 guys" on it. 

When Dave gives Lane a coded message about where he'll be during the dance marathon. 

The entire scene where Robert asks Rory to the Tarantino dance. 

Emily and Lorelai dancing in matching outfits down the runway. 

Kirk staying at Lorelai's and getting yelled at to turn the TV off. 

When Rory comes to visit the Kim's during the termite infestation and Mrs. Kim chases her down the walkway with the hose. 

Logan bothers Rory in the library and she calls him a "buttfaced miscreant". 

I don’t know if this is random enough but I always loved it!

Jess realising before Luke that Liz’s friend had obviously ordered a stripper to show up for Liz and he makes a hasty retreat and then waves to Luke through the window.

• LOL 1

Jess teasing Luke through the window about Luke needing more time to make his moves on Nicole. Luke goes out and smacks him on the head.

Mrs. Kim has had enough of Lane's wallowing over her breakup with Zack. She pulls out the hidden stash of sake.

(edited)

I am loving all these suggestions, I'm laughing so hard at some of them! Anyone have any more to add?

Favorite Random Moments

1.  Lorelai goes back out to the Jeep when she realizes Rory isn't at FND yet, and does a weird little dance to the song on the radio. Emily knocks on the window and scares her half to death. "So I put my purse on the seat and I put the keys in the car, and naturally the radio came on 'cause that's what it does, and, uh, Shadow Dancing was playing, which was one of my all time favorite songs in junior high." "And you forgot to look for your lip gloss." "Just for a second." "Which makes sense since it's in the ashtray right next to you."  (The Fundamental Things Apply)

2.  Luke admits to Lorelai that he and Nicole got married on the cruise ship (and are getting divorced) and they talk about it while packing Rory's things in the truck.  Kirk walks by with a parachute, presumably after skydiving to promote the opening of Taylor's Soda Shoppe.  "Strong wind."  (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

3.  Paris and Rory decide they're done with Spring Break and are going to leave as soon as the beach stops spinning.  Glenn washes up with the tide.  "Glenn! What happened to you?" "The last time we saw you, you went to get a hot dog." "Hot dog? Hot dog. Hot dog. Ahhhh! Ahh! Ahhhhhh! Ahh! Ahhhhhhh!"  (Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist)

4.  Richard makes Gypsy check - and recheck - the car Dean built for Rory, while he interrogates Dean.  "How tall are you?"  "Why, you wanna dance?"  "No, thank you. I appreciate the offer though."  (Richard in Stars Hollow)

5.  Michel jogs around town square numerous times, waiting for Lane and Mrs. Kim to come by so he can do a covert CD drop.  (And I agree - seriously? Michel would never. Heh.) "I’ve been running around this stupid square for over an hour." "Why?" "Why? Because the plan was to drop the CD at nine o’clock." "No, it got changed to ten. I told my mom and she said she’d pass it on. She didn’t pass it on, did she?"  (It Should've Been Lorelai)

6.  Luke is renovating his apartment, which is causing all kinds of construction havoc in the diner.  Jess comes over and opens up an umbrella for Rory to sit under while she and Lorelai eat.  (There's the Rub)

7.  The girls run into Emily at the mall (!!) and take her to eat at the food court.  "I got a little something from everywhere." "I wouldn't know where to begin." "Well, start at the top and stop when you hit table."  (Scene in a Mall)

8.  Rory is supposed to be tutoring Jess, who is doing everything except actually study.  "Done." "This isn’t Shakespeare." "It’s not?" "It’s the words to a Clash song." "Ah, now, but which Clash song?" "Hey, I’m not the one being tested right now." "Ten seconds." "Jess." "Nine, eight, seven." "Stop it." "Six, five, four." "You know you’re really starting to - " "Three." "Ooh, ooh, Guns of Brixton!"  (Teach Me Tonight)

9.  Lorelai chats with some of her business degree schoolmates about how horrible snotty rich people are, after they see Emily and the cameraman setting up to film the graduation.  A woman brings in a box of corsages for Lorelai to pick one.  "This one, thanks." "Good choice. The cameraman said that would look best on film."  (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

10.  Paris is waiting outside the cafeteria to grill Rory about sitting with the Puffs.  "G-d! You're like a popup book from hell."  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

11.  Lorelai and the others redecorate for some rich guy's retirement party, who keeps changing his mind.  Lorelai goes to tell Sookie about the change just as she's finishing a very elaborate golf-ball cake, which she flips over into the trash can without a word.  (Dear Emily & Richard)

12.  Rory, Paris, Janet, and Tanna try to figure out who could have written Die, Jerk on their door.  Paris has her list narrowed down from twenty-six to five.  "And my five are already taken care of." "They're taken care of?" "I got my East Side 860 partners on it."  (Die, Jerk)

13.  Dave stops by the dance marathon to see Lane.  He improvises a story when Mrs. Kim shows up.  "So if for some reason I'm not back here in twenty minutes, that means that I'm gonna be over there, on the church steps, waiting for my parents to get out so that I can tell them about the great sandwiches that they missed. Okay? Okay, great. Thanks a lot and I hope to see you soon." "I hope he comes back. He seemed hungry."  (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

14.  Robert finds Rory reading a book and asks her to the Tarantino-themed party.  "Business or pleasure? ....Social Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy: Lord and peasant and the making of the modern world. Oh. Pleasure." "Have you read it?" "I’m waiting for the film to come out." "Yeah, I heard Renee Zellweger is gaining a ton of weight to play the peasant." "Listen, I was wondering if you’re doing anything tomorrow night." "Oh. Um, I don’t know. Why?" "Well, it’s Finn’s birthday. He’s having a party. Lots of booze, no food whatsoever."  (Pulp Friction)

15.  Lorelai and Emily model matching outfits for the Chilton fashion show fundraiser and dance/strut down the runway to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

16.  Kirk, Paris, and Rory spend the night at Lorelai's house after "partying" too hard at the opening of the Twickham House museum.  "Kirk?" "Yeah?" "Turn off the TV, come have your breakfast." "In a minute." "Now!" "How old is he?"  (To Live and Let Diorama)

17.  Rory tries to come see Lane, but Mrs. Kim has found out there's termites at the Crap Shack.  She chases Rory away with a water hose.  (Secrets & Loans)

18.  Logan comes to see if Rory is mad at him after the classroom prank he, Colin, and Finn played on her while she was showing Anna around Yale.  "That's not a good look." "I have no words." "It was just a joke." "Oh no, wait. I found some. Jerk, ass, arrogant, inconsiderate, mindless, frat boy, lowlife, buttfaced miscreant."  (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

19.  Jess leaves the diner - quickly - when he realizes Liz's friends arranged for a stripper to come by.  "Got a package here." "From who? I'm not expecting anything." "It's a very important package." "But there's no address on it."  Jess waves at Luke through the window as he's leaving.  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

20.  Luke and Nicole come by the diner for coffee after their first date.  Jess offers to go out for about an hour.  "Go where?" "Out." "Out where?" "Out....for about an hour." "What are you talking about?" "I'm talking about going out for about an hour. What, you need more time?"  Luke drags him outside and smacks him upside the head.  (Dear Emily & Richard)

21.  Mrs. Kim has had enough of Lane's wallowing over breaking up with Zach.  She locks the door, covers the windows, and pulls out a hidden bottle of sake.  "Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on. Ahh. One more."  (The Perfect Dress)

22.  Luke catches up with Lorelai as they're both on their way to Mailboxes, Etc.  Lorelai needs stamps, Luke needs a divorce.  She offers to wait, to give him some privacy.  "I'm not taking a shower, I'm signing a paper." "I can come back later." "Will you please get in there and buy your stamps?" "Okay, fine." "Lots and lots of work."

23.  Luke is upset because there's a young mom breastfeeding in the diner.  He tries to get Lorelai to go tell her to stop.  Jess comes down the stairs and bolts away with an 'aw, geez!' when he sees what's going on.  "Okay, well, that was kind of fun."  (Eight O'Clock at the Oasis)

24.  Emily buys a panic room because she's afraid Richard wouldn't even come to see what was going on if she was being robbed or attacked.  She calls to tell Lorelai the code.  "Are you ready?" "Pen is poised." "1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1."  (We Got Us a Pippi Virgin)

25.  Richard tells the girls that he and Jason have acquired another insurance company.  "It's not a big company. It's smaller than ours, but very powerful." "Wait, the company is smaller than yours? Your company is two guys -- you and Jason." "This company is a one-man operation -- Bob Sutton." "So, you're acquiring Bob?" "We're acquiring his company, and his company is him." "Did he have to give himself two weeks' notice?" "No." "Is there gonna be a sad little going-away party where he brings in his own cake and blows out his candles?"  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)

26.  Sookie and Jackson tell Lorelai about the home birth they're planning.  Sookie rolls her eyes mockingly when Jackson refers to the baby as Davey or Colgate.  (Festival of Living Art)

27.  Sookie and Lorelai go over to let Emily have a taste-testing before they cater the launch party.  Lorelai points to herself when Emily mentions that the food is excellent but the presentation still needs a little work.  (An Affair to Remember)

28.  Lorelai finds out Jackson is hiding in Sookie's shoe closet because he's wearing pajamas with pictures of him in his wrestling uniform from high school.  "Jackson, you have to come out here right now!" "No." "Why?" "Because you sound too eager."  (Secrets & Loans)

Edited by Taryn74

Luke wants to dump Uncle Louis and his stuff into ground with the lid unlatched.  (I loved the droll funeral director.)

At the Christmas pageant rehearsal Mary goes into labor and baby Jesus is missing his arem.

• LOL 2

Oh, those are great!  That brings our list up to 30, so let's start voting! Voting against three.

Favorite Random Moments

2.  Luke admits to Lorelai that he and Nicole got married on the cruise ship (and are getting divorced) and they talk about it while packing Rory's things in the truck.  Kirk walks by with a parachute, presumably after skydiving to promote the opening of Taylor's Soda Shoppe.  "Strong wind."  (Ballrooms & Biscotti)

3.  Paris and Rory decide they're done with Spring Break and are going to leave as soon as the beach stops spinning.  Glenn washes up with the tide.  "Glenn! What happened to you?" "The last time we saw you, you went to get a hot dog." "Hot dog? Hot dog. Hot dog. Ahhhh! Ahh! Ahhhhhh! Ahh! Ahhhhhhh!"  (Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist)

4.  Richard makes Gypsy check - and recheck - the car Dean built for Rory, while he interrogates Dean.  "How tall are you?"  "Why, you wanna dance?"  "No, thank you. I appreciate the offer though."  (Richard in Stars Hollow)

5.  Michel jogs around town square numerous times, waiting for Lane and Mrs. Kim to come by so he can do a covert CD drop.  (And I agree - seriously? Michel would never. Heh.) "I’ve been running around this stupid square for over an hour." "Why?" "Why? Because the plan was to drop the CD at nine o’clock." "No, it got changed to ten. I told my mom and she said she’d pass it on. She didn’t pass it on, did she?"  (It Should've Been Lorelai)

6.  Luke is renovating his apartment, which is causing all kinds of construction havoc in the diner.  Jess comes over and opens up an umbrella for Rory to sit under while she and Lorelai eat.  (There's the Rub)

7.  The girls run into Emily at the mall (!!) and take her to eat at the food court.  "I got a little something from everywhere." "I wouldn't know where to begin." "Well, start at the top and stop when you hit table."  (Scene in a Mall)

8.  Rory is supposed to be tutoring Jess, who is doing everything except actually study.  "Done." "This isn’t Shakespeare." "It’s not?" "It’s the words to a Clash song." "Ah, now, but which Clash song?" "Hey, I’m not the one being tested right now." "Ten seconds." "Jess." "Nine, eight, seven." "Stop it." "Six, five, four." "You know you’re really starting to - " "Three." "Ooh, ooh, Guns of Brixton!"  (Teach Me Tonight)

9.  Lorelai chats with some of her business degree schoolmates about how horrible snotty rich people are, after they see Emily and the cameraman setting up to film the graduation.  A woman brings in a box of corsages for Lorelai to pick one.  "This one, thanks." "Good choice. The cameraman said that would look best on film."  (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

10.  Paris is waiting outside the cafeteria to grill Rory about sitting with the Puffs.  "G-d! You're like a popup book from hell."  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

11.  Lorelai and the others redecorate for some rich guy's retirement party, who keeps changing his mind.  Lorelai goes to tell Sookie about the change just as she's finishing a very elaborate golf-ball cake, which she flips over into the trash can without a word.  (Dear Emily & Richard)

12.  Rory, Paris, Janet, and Tanna try to figure out who could have written Die, Jerk on their door.  Paris has her list narrowed down from twenty-six to five.  "And my five are already taken care of." "They're taken care of?" "I got my East Side 860 partners on it."  (Die, Jerk)

13.  Dave stops by the dance marathon to see Lane.  He improvises a story when Mrs. Kim shows up.  "So if for some reason I'm not back here in twenty minutes, that means that I'm gonna be over there, on the church steps, waiting for my parents to get out so that I can tell them about the great sandwiches that they missed. Okay? Okay, great. Thanks a lot and I hope to see you soon." "I hope he comes back. He seemed hungry."  (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

14.  Robert finds Rory reading a book and asks her to the Tarantino-themed party.  "Business or pleasure? ....Social Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy: Lord and peasant and the making of the modern world. Oh. Pleasure." "Have you read it?" "I’m waiting for the film to come out." "Yeah, I heard Renee Zellweger is gaining a ton of weight to play the peasant." "Listen, I was wondering if you’re doing anything tomorrow night." "Oh. Um, I don’t know. Why?" "Well, it’s Finn’s birthday. He’s having a party. Lots of booze, no food whatsoever."  (Pulp Friction)

15.  Lorelai and Emily model matching outfits for the Chilton fashion show fundraiser and dance/strut down the runway to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

16.  Kirk, Paris, and Rory spend the night at Lorelai's house after "partying" too hard at the opening of the Twickham House museum.  "Kirk?" "Yeah?" "Turn off the TV, come have your breakfast." "In a minute." "Now!" "How old is he?"  (To Live and Let Diorama)

17.  Rory tries to come see Lane, but Mrs. Kim has found out there's termites at the Crap Shack.  She chases Rory away with a water hose.  (Secrets & Loans)

18.  Logan comes to see if Rory is mad at him after the classroom prank he, Colin, and Finn played on her while she was showing Anna around Yale.  "That's not a good look." "I have no words." "It was just a joke." "Oh no, wait. I found some. Jerk, ass, arrogant, inconsiderate, mindless, frat boy, lowlife, buttfaced miscreant."  (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

19.  Jess leaves the diner - quickly - when he realizes Liz's friends arranged for a stripper to come by.  "Got a package here." "From who? I'm not expecting anything." "It's a very important package." "But there's no address on it."  Jess waves at Luke through the window as he's leaving.  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

20.  Luke and Nicole come by the diner for coffee after their first date.  Jess offers to go out for about an hour.  "Go where?" "Out." "Out where?" "Out....for about an hour." "What are you talking about?" "I'm talking about going out for about an hour. What, you need more time?"  Luke drags him outside and smacks him upside the head.  (Dear Emily & Richard)

21.  Mrs. Kim has had enough of Lane's wallowing over breaking up with Zach.  She locks the door, covers the windows, and pulls out a hidden bottle of sake.  "Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on. Ahh. One more."  (The Perfect Dress)

22.  Luke catches up with Lorelai as they're both on their way to Mailboxes, Etc.  Lorelai needs stamps, Luke needs a divorce.  She offers to wait, to give him some privacy.  "I'm not taking a shower, I'm signing a paper." "I can come back later." "Will you please get in there and buy your stamps?" "Okay, fine." "Lots and lots of work."

23.  Luke is upset because there's a young mom breastfeeding in the diner.  He tries to get Lorelai to go tell her to stop.  Jess comes down the stairs and bolts away with an 'aw, geez!' when he sees what's going on.  "Okay, well, that was kind of fun."  (Eight O'Clock at the Oasis)

24.  Emily buys a panic room because she's afraid Richard wouldn't even come to see what was going on if she was being robbed or attacked.  She calls to tell Lorelai the code.  "Are you ready?" "Pen is poised." "1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1."  (We Got Us a Pippi Virgin)

25.  Richard tells the girls that he and Jason have acquired another insurance company.  "It's not a big company. It's smaller than ours, but very powerful." "Wait, the company is smaller than yours? Your company is two guys -- you and Jason." "This company is a one-man operation -- Bob Sutton." "So, you're acquiring Bob?" "We're acquiring his company, and his company is him." "Did he have to give himself two weeks' notice?" "No." "Is there gonna be a sad little going-away party where he brings in his own cake and blows out his candles?"  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)

26.  Sookie and Jackson tell Lorelai about the home birth they're planning.  Sookie rolls her eyes mockingly when Jackson refers to the baby as Davey or Colgate.  (Festival of Living Art)

27.  Sookie and Lorelai go over to let Emily have a taste-testing before they cater the launch party.  Lorelai points to herself when Emily mentions that the food is excellent but the presentation still needs a little work.  (An Affair to Remember)

28.  Lorelai finds out Jackson is hiding in Sookie's shoe closet because he's wearing pajamas with pictures of him in his wrestling uniform from high school.  "Jackson, you have to come out here right now!" "No." "Why?" "Because you sound too eager."  (Secrets & Loans)

29.  Luke is having trouble figuring out how to bury his 160 lb uncle and his 140 lbs of stuff.  "No, no, Taylor and the guys were right. I was cutting Louie slack out of respect for my dad, but the man was rotten and mean and selfish all his life. For God’s sake, he’s even selfish in death. Other people would’ve loved to have had those baseball cards. I would’ve loved to have those baseball cards. He’s got Lou Gehrig’s rookie card, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, tons of others – but no! My uncle, King Tut, has to take all of them to the afterlife with him!" "Sir, your voice." "I’m done, I’ve had it. From now on, it’s just the bare minimum and that’s it. Dig a big hole and just dump the casket in unlatched. If stuff falls out, fine. Just pile on enough dirt and make sure nothing’s showing!"  (Dead Uncles & Vegetables)

30.  The townies practice for the annual Christmas play.  The 'before' Mary is about to become an 'after'.  Baby Jesus is missing his arm, again.  "Maybe it’s just time to get a new baby Jesus, you know, one that’s a boy." "It’s a doll, no one can tell." "Well, it has a bow."  (Forgiveness & Stuff)

3 - I always found Glen very OTT and annoying.

23 - this is one of the few times I couldn't stand Luke. 

26 - just not super memorable 

*This is going to be super hard because these are all such great moments; and, since there's no strong theme, I'm going to have trouble finding my basis for voting. LOL

• Love 2