Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

9 - Paris gonna Paris.

36 - Again, Gran is funny but unreasonably mean.

Voting against two!

Favorite Snarky/Sarcastic Comments

1.  "Is it raining?" "No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot." (Paris - GIB,BDTT)

3.  "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me where we can find the best antiques?" "At your house, I'd guess."  (Michel - The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

14.  "Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch." "Well, then, buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business."  (Emily - Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

16.  "Luke, you gotta come out there with me. Patty gave my picture out to all these guys because she thinks I need a man." "You do, one with a nice couch and a deep knowledge of Freud."  (Luke - A'Tisket A'Tasket)

18.  "Okay, if I give you my lawyer's name, will you leave?" "I will leave." "Okay, you ready? His name is Don Dewey. He works at the firm of Dewey. . ." "Dewey." "Cheatham. . ." "Cheatham." "And Howe." "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe. That was very immature." "Yeah, well, tickled me."  (Luke - The Lorelai's First Day at Yale)

20.  "This is a serious problem. These Friday dinners are the only proper food that child eats all week." "Rory, are you in any way malnourished or in need of some international relief organization to recruit a celebrity to raise money on your account?" "I'm good." "She's good, Emily."  (Richard - Love & War & Snow)

24.  "As I was saying, all the proceeds from the auction go to the children’s hospital, and we’re going to be offering some lovely pieces which I think would like very nice in that inn of yours." "What sort of pieces?" "Basically a lot canes and shawls, a couple of walkers. I believe we finally talked Old Lady Rollins into giving up her teeth."  (Emily - Eight O'Clock at the Oasis)

25.  "People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them."  (Michel - Pilot)

28.  "What about Paris, does she ever sleep?" "I think she periodically makes a whirring noise and then just shuts down."  (Rory - Bracebridge Dinner)

30.  "Did you make sure Andrew Jackson was on the bills, not Alfred E. Newman or someone?" "Looked real to me." "Well, when he took the money out of wherever he had it, did a mask or a gun fall out?" "No, but he was carrying it in a canvas bag with a big dollar sign on it."  (Gypsy - Take the Deviled Eggs)

31.  "Twelve guys stood in a row all night." "Waiting for the Redcoats." "Who never showed!" "Now just a minute!" "Twelve guys stood in a row all night waiting for an enemy that never showed. They got stood up. They should've been wearing prom dresses."  (Luke - Love & War & Snow)

32.  "I say I'll cover the desk, but how will you know if I'm actually doing it?" "I trust you, Michel." "I mean, it's just as possible I say I'll cover the desk, and the moment you've stepped away I'll put some fruit on my head and join a conga line somewhere." "I believe you looked for the bracelet." "And while I'm shaking it to the Miami Sound Machine, the phones here – they would ring and ring and ring, and no one to answer, no one to assist."  (Michel - Lost & Found)

37.  "I have no memory of this whatsoever." "Rory, correct me if I'm wrong, but men have walked on the moon regardless of whether your mother remembers it or not." "That's the rumor."  (Emily - Cinnamon's Wake)

39.  "It’s from my mother." "What is it?" "It’s heavy. Must be her hopes and dreams for me." "I thought she discarded those years ago."  (Rory - Dear Emily and Richard)

40.  "I'm going to have color coming out of my yin-yang."  "Well, then, maybe you'll finally get a man."  (Rory - The Fundamental Things Apply)

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Damn. I loved 9 and 36. Maybe something is wrong with me, because I kind of want the "meaner" moments to win? LOL.

Heh.  Honestly, Paris wasn't wrong.  They're there to work, not be a therapy session.  She was a bit acidic in getting her point across, but that's Paris.

• Love 1

Dadgumit ya'll.  You're making me play tie-breaker between four of my personal faves!

Sigh.

16 and 28, I guess.  I can't even defend why I love them all so much, they just make me laugh.

Still voting against two.

1.  "Is it raining?" "No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot." (Paris - GIB,BDTT)

3.  "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me where we can find the best antiques?" "At your house, I'd guess."  (Michel - The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

14.  "Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch." "Well, then, buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business."  (Emily - Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

18.  "Okay, if I give you my lawyer's name, will you leave?" "I will leave." "Okay, you ready? His name is Don Dewey. He works at the firm of Dewey. . ." "Dewey." "Cheatham. . ." "Cheatham." "And Howe." "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe. That was very immature." "Yeah, well, tickled me."  (Luke - The Lorelai's First Day at Yale)

20.  "This is a serious problem. These Friday dinners are the only proper food that child eats all week." "Rory, are you in any way malnourished or in need of some international relief organization to recruit a celebrity to raise money on your account?" "I'm good." "She's good, Emily."  (Richard - Love & War & Snow)

24.  "As I was saying, all the proceeds from the auction go to the children’s hospital, and we’re going to be offering some lovely pieces which I think would like very nice in that inn of yours." "What sort of pieces?" "Basically a lot canes and shawls, a couple of walkers. I believe we finally talked Old Lady Rollins into giving up her teeth."  (Emily - Eight O'Clock at the Oasis)

25.  "People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them."  (Michel - Pilot)

30.  "Did you make sure Andrew Jackson was on the bills, not Alfred E. Newman or someone?" "Looked real to me." "Well, when he took the money out of wherever he had it, did a mask or a gun fall out?" "No, but he was carrying it in a canvas bag with a big dollar sign on it."  (Gypsy - Take the Deviled Eggs)

31.  "Twelve guys stood in a row all night." "Waiting for the Redcoats." "Who never showed!" "Now just a minute!" "Twelve guys stood in a row all night waiting for an enemy that never showed. They got stood up. They should've been wearing prom dresses."  (Luke - Love & War & Snow)

32.  "I say I'll cover the desk, but how will you know if I'm actually doing it?" "I trust you, Michel." "I mean, it's just as possible I say I'll cover the desk, and the moment you've stepped away I'll put some fruit on my head and join a conga line somewhere." "I believe you looked for the bracelet." "And while I'm shaking it to the Miami Sound Machine, the phones here – they would ring and ring and ring, and no one to answer, no one to assist."  (Michel - Lost & Found)

37.  "I have no memory of this whatsoever." "Rory, correct me if I'm wrong, but men have walked on the moon regardless of whether your mother remembers it or not." "That's the rumor."  (Emily - Cinnamon's Wake)

39.  "It’s from my mother." "What is it?" "It’s heavy. Must be her hopes and dreams for me." "I thought she discarded those years ago."  (Rory - Dear Emily and Richard)

40.  "I'm going to have color coming out of my yin-yang."  "Well, then, maybe you'll finally get a man."  (Rory - The Fundamental Things Apply)

18 may be an old joke (although it's one I had never personally heard, even Luke said "oh come on, he's heard that one before" when the lawyer said he was calling his boss) but SP's delivery always cracked me up.  And even though I don't agree with Luke in 31, Lorelai and Rory's reaction to his 'prom dresses' comment always kills me.  Alas.

Still voting against two.

39 - Hee.  I love the little scenes like this because this is exactly how my (now adult) daughter and I talk to each other all the time.  We were both heavily influenced by GG as she grew up, so I like to think that we formed our snarktastic bond through these characters.  (My 14 yo son still out-snarks the both of us though, so maybe it's just genetic.  Ha!)

And damn it all, you guys are making me choose between Gypsy's only contribution to this round, and two of Emily's most golden snarky moments.  This is agony.

I guess Gypsy gets the boot.  I love it, I think it's hilarious, but Emily just makes me laugh a little bit more.

Let's drop to voting against one.  This is getting too difficult.

5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, shoot, I was really hoping Gypsy would hang in there.  I loved her delivery of that line.

And Luke's clueless "really?"

Blast it all.  Tie-breaker.  

37 is out.  UNDER PROTEST.

Garrrrr, another tie-breaker, another impossible choice.  Gotta vote out Emily this time.  Michel's "shaking it to the Miami Sound Machine" gives this one a slight edge for me.

Finally, 1 is gone!  Is it okay that I kind of hate Paris here?  I know Paris gonna Paris and all, but as someone who struggles making small talk I would be deeply offended by her calling me an idiot if I asked if it was raining even though it obviously was.  Maybe it's just me.  😞

5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Sorry to lose the last remaining Paris one.

Oh, that is a good point!  That's......really surprising, actually LOL.  I guess there were other Paris quotes I would have chosen to keep rather than 1 if it was up to me.  Which it isn't.  Heh.

3 out. I always found this one unnecessarily mean-spirited.