Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

29 - I love Emily's reminiscing about her wedding.  I also love that this is the beginning of the end for Max, heh.

Favorite Party/Celebration Scenes

1.  Emily and Richard come to Rory's Stars Hollow party.  "Um, okay, uh, my parents are here." "No!" "Yeah. I've cursed in front of them twice and Miss Patty already tried to hit on my dad, and I'm sure my mom is going to call Child Protective Services."  Richard is an Autumn. (Rory's Birthday Parties)

3.  The Dragonfly Inn has its test run opening for the townies.  "I went to check on the backup generators. Everything is fine." "And the dinner's going great." "Everyone's settled, the doors are up." "Everyone seems happy." "They do, don't they? This is gonna work." (Raincoats & Recipes)

6.  Lorelai graduates from her business school.  Rory invites Richard & Emily and they go all out with a fancy photographer and watch with pride and a few tears as Lorelai switches her tassel over.  (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

7.  The townies throw Rory a bon voyage party after she graduates from Yale and gets a job covering the presidential election.  Lorelai finds out the party was all Luke's doing.  "He made me promise not to tell you, but I don't care. This is all Luke. He did all of it. He's the one that came to me and said, 'let's do the party,' and then he planned the secret town meeting, everything." "Really?" "Yeah. I mean, last night when we thought it was gonna rain and we'd have to cancel the party, he went around and collected everybody's tarps and tents and raincoats. I don't know how he did it. He must have stayed up all night doing this." (Bon Voyage)

13.  Luke & Lorelai dance at Liz & TJ's wedding reception.  "And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

14.  The townies show up to support Babette & Morey at Cinnamon's wake.  Everyone gathers around the piano while Morey plays Cinnamon's Song.  Patty plays the bongos.  (Cinnamon's Wake)

3 - Ah, such a beautiful culmination of a dream we first heard about in the Pilot.  Not even the Dean/Rory stuff to come ruins it for me (as long as I block it out, heh).

1.  Emily and Richard come to Rory's Stars Hollow party.  "Um, okay, uh, my parents are here." "No!" "Yeah. I've cursed in front of them twice and Miss Patty already tried to hit on my dad, and I'm sure my mom is going to call Child Protective Services."  Richard is an Autumn. (Rory's Birthday Parties)

6.  Lorelai graduates from her business school.  Rory invites Richard & Emily and they go all out with a fancy photographer and watch with pride and a few tears as Lorelai switches her tassel over.  (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

7.  The townies throw Rory a bon voyage party after she graduates from Yale and gets a job covering the presidential election.  Lorelai finds out the party was all Luke's doing.  "He made me promise not to tell you, but I don't care. This is all Luke. He did all of it. He's the one that came to me and said, 'let's do the party,' and then he planned the secret town meeting, everything." "Really?" "Yeah. I mean, last night when we thought it was gonna rain and we'd have to cancel the party, he went around and collected everybody's tarps and tents and raincoats. I don't know how he did it. He must have stayed up all night doing this." (Bon Voyage)

13.  Luke & Lorelai dance at Liz & TJ's wedding reception.  "And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

14.  The townies show up to support Babette & Morey at Cinnamon's wake.  Everyone gathers around the piano while Morey plays Cinnamon's Song.  Patty plays the bongos.  (Cinnamon's Wake)

39 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Gah, this is hard now!! 

Right?  I've got to admit, it fills me with joy to see the scene from Cinnamon's Wake still going strong.  I know the whole town showing up for a cat's wake is silly and OTT but damn if it isn't beautiful, especially this scene.  I just love it.

• Love 2

I guess I completely forgot to update this morning!  I wondered why no one was voting, ha!

1 - Lovely scenes but it's time to go.

Updating before anyone has a chance to tie it up again!  Ha!

7 - As much as I love Luke putting together this party when he and Lorelai were not only not dating, but weren't even close friends like they had been, overall it's just not as memorable/special a moment for me as these others.  It's just Luke being Luke, as far as I'm concerned.  It is why I love him, though.

Our Top Three!

6 out!  I'm conflicted about this scene/storyline.  On the one hand, I love the little glimpses we get of R&E's love for and pride in Lorelai, which she usually doesn't realize or think about.  On the other hand, it really is ridiculously OTT.  It's not like she finally got her doctorate after decades of part-time schooling while raising a child alone, LOL.  It was just a (presumably) 2-year degree from a local business college.

Moving on.

Time to pick our winner!  I am THRILLED that these are our two remaining and very intrigued to see how the votes turn out!

13 to win.

I truly adore Cinnamon's Wake because it gave us the first real glance at the charm of Stars Hollow. 

But that dance!  The awkward start, the furtive glances, then finally the comfortable coming together.  Add the magical music....and my fave scene from the entire series.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

13 to win.

I truly adore Cinnamon's Wake because it gave us the first real glance at the charm of Stars Hollow. 

But that dance!  The awkward start, the furtive glances, then finally the comfortable coming together.  Add the magical music....and my fave scene from the entire series.

I couldn't have said it better myself

13 to win

• Love 1
(edited)

Ok well, you guys have made it easy for me because 13 is also my favorite moment in the entire series (6 is up there too), but I was thinking for this one I might go with 14 since even though 13 happens AT a party, the moment is about Luke and Lorelai so 14 felt a little more appropriate for the category. Since there's a consensus though, I definitely don't need much convincing ;-). 

13 for the win.

Edited by Bumblebee Tights
  • Love 1

Well I think that settles it!  Our favorite party/celebration scene is -

Luke & Lorelai dance at Liz & TJ's wedding reception.  "And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

- and I couldn't be happier.  *shippy sigh*

Next up, how about we do Favorite Sarcastic Comments?  I think that one would be tons of fun and would heavily feature a couple of characters who don't get as much notice in our other games (Paris and Michel).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

how about we do Favorite Sarcastic Comments

That would be awesome!

"No, it's National Baptism Day" Paris in Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doing the Twist

"Excuse me. There's a phone call for you. And if I'm to fetch you like a dog, I'd like a cookie and a raise."  Michel

"Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me where we can find the best antiques" (Hotel guest to Michel) "At your house, I'd guess."

"I tried to work in a nice suicide, but my schedule wouldn't allow it." Jackson

"This great man was not brought down by my vagina, okay?" Paris 

"If you're going to throw your life away, he'd better have a motorcycle!" Lorelai in the Pilot

"You can use your mother's old golf clubs. They're upstairs gathering dust along with the rest of her potential."  Emily in Kill Me Now

(edited)

Do you want your kid to spend her life behind the counter at Dunkin' Donuts? Do you? Paris in The Long Morrow

Please remember that I am your editor. I am not your mother or your hugger. If you need some love, get a hooker. If you're having a bad day, find a ledge or a way to deal. My door is not open to you ever. You have five minutes to enjoy your cookies. Welcome to the Yale Daily News. Paris in The Perfect Dress

She's got a "c" average, which means she's either lazy or stupid. I can work with either. Frankly, sometimes stupid is easier. I can scare the stupid out of you, but the lazy runs deep. Paris in The Long Morrow

Hey, hug a dolphin another day, all right? We need to rev up the gunships and retaliate before the next strike.  We gotta go full out Sharon. Paris in Die Jerk

Seriously, you've got one minute to make an impression and that's all you can come up with? You want to know my sign too, Jack? Or how about my favorite color? Or if I'm a Britney or a Christina? Here, I'll ask you a question. Was the last time you had an interesting thought, when you considered flinging yourself off a building? Bye, Jack. I'll write Mother immediately. Paris in Pushkin

We got the band! I knew we had most of the academic clubs tied up, but band – they were the wild card ‘cause believe me, if anybody’s going to be truly scared of me, it’s some artsy loser with a tuba wrapped around his neck.  Paris in I Can’t Get Started

That would be if this was a museum, and you were a man allowed in museums.  Michel in Bracebridge

Well then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business.  Emily in Daisy Miller

Edited by Kohola3
(edited)

Lorelai: Please do not tell me that you are sitting there.

Emily: No, it's a hologram. Life like, isn't it?-Secrets and Loans

Lorelai: Luke, you gotta come out there with me. Patty gave my picture to all these guys because she thinks I needs a man.

Luke: You do, one with a nice couch and a deep knowledge of Freud.-A Tisket A Tasket

Edited by chitowngirl
(edited)

Favorite Snarky/Sarcastic Comments

1.  "Is it raining?" "No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot." (Paris - GIB,BDTT)

2.  "Excuse me. There's a phone call for you, and if I'm to fetch you like a dog, I'd like a cookie and a raise."  (Michel - The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

3.  "Excuse me sir. Can you tell me where we can find the best antiques?" "At your house, I'd guess."  (Michel - The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

4.  "He's got functions every day and meetings and hearings." "I tried to work in a nice suicide, but my schedule wouldn't allow it."  (Jackson - We Got Us a Pippi Virgin)

5.  "Heart attack?" "Yes." "Um...it wasn't during, um...was it?" "No, Rory. This great man was not brought down by my vagina, okay?"  (Paris - Written in the Stars)

6.  "Does he have a motorcycle? 'Cause if you're gonna throw your life away, he better have a motorcycle!" (Lorelai - Pilot)

7.  "Why should she pick something else? She needs to learn a sport and Richard can teach her a sport.....You can use your mother's old golf clubs. They're upstairs gathering dust along with the rest of her potential."  (Emily - Kill Me Now)

8.  "Do you want your kid to spend her life behind the counter at Dunkin' Donuts? Do you?.....She's got a 'C' average, which means she's either lazy or stupid. I can work with either. Frankly, sometimes stupid is easier. I can scare the stupid out of you, but the lazy runs deep."  (Paris - The Long Morrow)

9.  "Please remember that I am your editor. I am not your mother or your hugger. If you need some love, get a hooker. If you're having a bad day, find a ledge or a way to deal. My door is not open to you, ever. You have five minutes to enjoy your cookies. Welcome to the Yale Daily News."  (Paris - The Perfect Dress)

10.  "Hey, hug a dolphin another day, all right? We need to rev up the gunships and retaliate before the next strike. We gotta go full-out Sharon."  (Paris - Die, Jerk)

11.  "Seriously, you've got one minute to make an impression and that's all you can come up with? You want to know my sign too, Jack? Or how about my favorite color? Or if I'm a Britney or a Christina? Here, I'll ask you a question. Was the last time you had an interesting thought, when you considered flinging yourself off a building?.....Bye, Jack. I'll write Mother immediately."  (Paris - But Not As Cute As Pushkin)

12.  "We got the band! I knew we had most of the academic clubs tied up, but band – they were the wild card ‘cause believe me, if anybody’s going to be truly scared of me, it’s some artsy loser with a tuba wrapped around his neck."  (Paris - I Can’t Get Started)

13.  "I thought an alarm would go off like in The Thomas Crown Affair." "That would be if this was a museum, and you were a man allowed in museums."  (Michel - Bracebridge Dinner)

14.  "Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch." "Well, then, buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business."  (Emily - Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

15.  "You are not seriously sitting there." "No, it's a hologram. Lifelike, isn't it?"  (Emily - Secrets & Loans)

16.  "Luke, you gotta come out there with me. Patty gave my picture out to all these guys because she thinks I need a man." "You do, one with a nice couch and a deep knowledge of Freud."  (Luke - A'Tisket A'Tasket)

17.  "Half an hour they been playing and it’s tied zero - zero. Hey, if you ever take this show on the road I got a name for you, zero and zero. Dean Zero and Luke Zero - get it?" "Doesn’t even resemble clever." "I’m dumbing it down for you, Alfalfa."  (Kirk - Christopher Returns)

18.  "Okay, if I give you my lawyer's name, will you leave?" "I will leave." "Okay, you ready? His name is Don Dewey. He works at the firm of Dewey. . ." "Dewey." "Cheatham. . ." "Cheatham." "And Howe." "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe. That was very immature." "Yeah, well, tickled me."  (Luke - The Lorelai's First Day at Yale)

19.  "There's the bathroom, there's the closet, there's the dresser, the phone, and over there is the kitchen. I've got Frosted Flakes." "Wow, that's grrrrreat."  (Jess - Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy)

20.  "This is a serious problem. These Friday dinners are the only proper food that child eats all week." "Rory, are you in any way malnourished or in need of some international relief organization to recruit a celebrity to raise money on your account?" "I'm good." "She's good, Emily."  (Richard - Love & War & Snow)

21.  "This is a once in a lifetime event. You get to be there and I don't." "Oh boy." "I figure if I got enough pictures I could at least line them up in chronological order and pretend I was there." "Mom." "Maybe bind them together, make a flipbook out of them."  (Emily - Rory's Dance)

22.  "So, is this party Grandma's having going to be a big deal?" "Not really. The government will close that day. Flags will fly at half-mast. Barbra Streisand will give her final concert...again." "Uh huh." "Now, the Pope has previous plans, but he's trying to get out of them. However, Elvis and Jim Morrison are coming and they're bringing chips."  (Lorelai - Rory's Birthday Parties)

23.  "It seems that I was allergic to the crap metal hoop that I paid $19.95 to have jammed into my nose." "Did you take a picture?" "No, Louise, I did not take a picture. I was a little busy trying to get air to my brain cells, a burden you’ve not yet faced."  (Paris - Happy Birthday, Baby)

24.  "As I was saying, all the proceeds from the auction go to the children’s hospital, and we’re going to be offering some lovely pieces which I think would like very nice in that inn of yours." "What sort of pieces?" "Basically a lot canes and shawls, a couple of walkers. I believe we finally talked Old Lady Rollins into giving up her teeth."  (Emily - Eight O'Clock at the Oasis)

25.  "People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them."  (Michel - Pilot)

26.  "You don't care at all, do you?" "To me you are the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoon."  (Michel - Kill Me Now)

27.  "My life with the Banger Sisters."  (Paris - A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

28.  "What about Paris, does she ever sleep?" "I think she periodically makes a whirring noise and then just shuts down."  (Rory - Bracebridge Dinner)

29.  "Well, this is wonderful, to smell like a dead guy. You’ll have to beat them off with a stick."  (Michel - Happy Birthday, Baby)

30.  "Did you make sure Andrew Jackson was on the bills, not Alfred E. Newman or someone?" "Looked real to me." "Well, when he took the money out of wherever he had it, did a mask or a gun fall out?" "No, but he was carrying it in a canvas bag with a big dollar sign on it."  (Gypsy - Take the Deviled Eggs)

Edited by Taryn74
59 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

We've got enough to start voting unless someone has more they want to add!

Can we hold off until tomorrow?  There are some more gems out there, just have to find them!

• Love 1

Adding some more.  Anyone else got any?

1.  "Is it raining?" "No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot." (Paris - GIB,BDTT)

2.  "Excuse me. There's a phone call for you, and if I'm to fetch you like a dog, I'd like a cookie and a raise."  (Michel - The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

3.  "Excuse me sir. Can you tell me where we can find the best antiques?" "At your house, I'd guess."  (Michel - The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

4.  "He's got functions every day and meetings and hearings." "I tried to work in a nice suicide, but my schedule wouldn't allow it."  (Jackson - We Got Us a Pippi Virgin)

5.  "Heart attack?" "Yes." "Um...it wasn't during, um...was it?" "No, Rory. This great man was not brought down by my vagina, okay?"  (Paris - Written in the Stars)

6.  "Does he have a motorcycle? 'Cause if you're gonna throw your life away, he better have a motorcycle!" (Lorelai - Pilot)

7.  "Why should she pick something else? She needs to learn a sport and Richard can teach her a sport.....You can use your mother's old golf clubs. They're upstairs gathering dust along with the rest of her potential."  (Emily - Kill Me Now)

8.  "Do you want your kid to spend her life behind the counter at Dunkin' Donuts? Do you?.....She's got a 'C' average, which means she's either lazy or stupid. I can work with either. Frankly, sometimes stupid is easier. I can scare the stupid out of you, but the lazy runs deep."  (Paris - The Long Morrow)

9.  "Please remember that I am your editor. I am not your mother or your hugger. If you need some love, get a hooker. If you're having a bad day, find a ledge or a way to deal. My door is not open to you, ever. You have five minutes to enjoy your cookies. Welcome to the Yale Daily News."  (Paris - The Perfect Dress)

10.  "Hey, hug a dolphin another day, all right? We need to rev up the gunships and retaliate before the next strike. We gotta go full-out Sharon."  (Paris - Die, Jerk)

11.  "Seriously, you've got one minute to make an impression and that's all you can come up with? You want to know my sign too, Jack? Or how about my favorite color? Or if I'm a Britney or a Christina? Here, I'll ask you a question. Was the last time you had an interesting thought, when you considered flinging yourself off a building?.....Bye, Jack. I'll write Mother immediately."  (Paris - But Not As Cute As Pushkin)

12.  "We got the band! I knew we had most of the academic clubs tied up, but band – they were the wild card ‘cause believe me, if anybody’s going to be truly scared of me, it’s some artsy loser with a tuba wrapped around his neck."  (Paris - I Can’t Get Started)

13.  "I thought an alarm would go off like in The Thomas Crown Affair." "That would be if this was a museum, and you were a man allowed in museums."  (Michel - Bracebridge Dinner)

14.  "Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch." "Well, then, buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business."  (Emily - Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

15.  "You are not seriously sitting there." "No, it's a hologram. Lifelike, isn't it?"  (Emily - Secrets & Loans)

16.  "Luke, you gotta come out there with me. Patty gave my picture out to all these guys because she thinks I need a man." "You do, one with a nice couch and a deep knowledge of Freud."  (Luke - A'Tisket A'Tasket)

17.  "Half an hour they been playing and it’s tied zero - zero. Hey, if you ever take this show on the road I got a name for you, zero and zero. Dean Zero and Luke Zero - get it?" "Doesn’t even resemble clever." "I’m dumbing it down for you, Alfalfa."  (Kirk - Christopher Returns)

18.  "Okay, if I give you my lawyer's name, will you leave?" "I will leave." "Okay, you ready? His name is Don Dewey. He works at the firm of Dewey. . ." "Dewey." "Cheatham. . ." "Cheatham." "And Howe." "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe. That was very immature." "Yeah, well, tickled me."  (Luke - The Lorelai's First Day at Yale)

19.  "There's the bathroom, there's the closet, there's the dresser, the phone, and over there is the kitchen. I've got Frosted Flakes." "Wow, that's grrrrreat."  (Jess - Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy)

20.  "This is a serious problem. These Friday dinners are the only proper food that child eats all week." "Rory, are you in any way malnourished or in need of some international relief organization to recruit a celebrity to raise money on your account?" "I'm good." "She's good, Emily."  (Richard - Love & War & Snow)

21.  "This is a once in a lifetime event. You get to be there and I don't." "Oh boy." "I figure if I got enough pictures I could at least line them up in chronological order and pretend I was there." "Mom." "Maybe bind them together, make a flipbook out of them."  (Emily - Rory's Dance)

22.  "So, is this party Grandma's having going to be a big deal?" "Not really. The government will close that day. Flags will fly at half-mast. Barbra Streisand will give her final concert...again." "Uh huh." "Now, the Pope has previous plans, but he's trying to get out of them. However, Elvis and Jim Morrison are coming and they're bringing chips."  (Lorelai - Rory's Birthday Parties)

23.  "It seems that I was allergic to the crap metal hoop that I paid $19.95 to have jammed into my nose." "Did you take a picture?" "No, Louise, I did not take a picture. I was a little busy trying to get air to my brain cells, a burden you’ve not yet faced."  (Paris - Happy Birthday, Baby)

24.  "As I was saying, all the proceeds from the auction go to the children’s hospital, and we’re going to be offering some lovely pieces which I think would like very nice in that inn of yours." "What sort of pieces?" "Basically a lot canes and shawls, a couple of walkers. I believe we finally talked Old Lady Rollins into giving up her teeth."  (Emily - Eight O'Clock at the Oasis)

25.  "People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them."  (Michel - Pilot)

26.  "You don't care at all, do you?" "To me you are the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoon."  (Michel - Kill Me Now)

27.  "My life with the Banger Sisters."  (Paris - A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

28.  "What about Paris, does she ever sleep?" "I think she periodically makes a whirring noise and then just shuts down."  (Rory - Bracebridge Dinner)

29.  "Well, this is wonderful, to smell like a dead guy. You’ll have to beat them off with a stick."  (Michel - Happy Birthday, Baby)

30.  "Did you make sure Andrew Jackson was on the bills, not Alfred E. Newman or someone?" "Looked real to me." "Well, when he took the money out of wherever he had it, did a mask or a gun fall out?" "No, but he was carrying it in a canvas bag with a big dollar sign on it."  (Gypsy - Take the Deviled Eggs)

31.  "Twelve guys stood in a row all night." "Waiting for the Redcoats." "Who never showed!" "Now just a minute!" "Twelve guys stood in a row all night waiting for an enemy that never showed. They got stood up. They should've been wearing prom dresses."  (Luke - Love & War & Snow)

32.  "I say I'll cover the desk, but how will you know if I'm actually doing it?" "I trust you, Michel." "I mean, it's just as possible I say I'll cover the desk, and the moment you've stepped away I'll put some fruit on my head and join a conga line somewhere." "I believe you looked for the bracelet." "And while I'm shaking it to the Miami Sound Machine, the phones here – they would ring and ring and ring, and no one to answer, no one to assist."  (Michel - Lost & Found)

33.  "I give up." "That’s the spirit." "I can’t remember any of this crap." "Well, not everyone is cut out to be their own boss. Maybe you are more of a worker bee, a follower, a ticket ripper, or the man at the concert with the orange glow stick directing you where to park." "You’re baiting me, aren’t you?" "No, I seriously have no faith in your aptitude."  (Michel - Double Date)

34.  "What is that?" "It’s a paper clip." "And what do you intend to do with that paper clip?" "I intend to carve something really dirty into the bathroom door." "Lorelai." "What rhymes with Nantucket?" (Lorelai - Let the Games Begin)

35.  "We have decided to just go sit at the table. Perhaps the food will appear by sheer wish fulfillment." "I'll check on it again, Mom." "Oh, please don't. I wouldn't want to disturb your cook. She's obviously in the middle of a crossword puzzle."  (Gran - The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)

36.  "Richard, I would like to be escorted into the dining room now." "Your wish is my command." "Well, uh, I’m not sure that dinner is ready just yet." "Well perhaps our presence in the dining room will teach your help that when one is told dinner is at seven o'clock, people often expects dinner at seven o'clock." "But it’s only five after, Mom." "Only five after? Richard, in the even that I am kidnapped and a ransom is demanded at a certain time, I would prefer that Emily not be in charge of the drop off."  (Gran - The Third Lorelai)

(edited)

Okay then, start voting!  Voting against three.

3.  "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me where we can find the best antiques?" "At your house, I'd guess."  (Michel - The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

31.  "Twelve guys stood in a row all night." "Waiting for the Redcoats." "Who never showed!" "Now just a minute!" "Twelve guys stood in a row all night waiting for an enemy that never showed. They got stood up. They should've been wearing prom dresses."  (Luke - Love & War & Snow)

32.  "I say I'll cover the desk, but how will you know if I'm actually doing it?" "I trust you, Michel." "I mean, it's just as possible I say I'll cover the desk, and the moment you've stepped away I'll put some fruit on my head and join a conga line somewhere." "I believe you looked for the bracelet." "And while I'm shaking it to the Miami Sound Machine, the phones here – they would ring and ring and ring, and no one to answer, no one to assist."  (Michel - Lost & Found)

33.  "I give up." "That’s the spirit." "I can’t remember any of this crap." "Well, not everyone is cut out to be their own boss. Maybe you are more of a worker bee, a follower, a ticket ripper, or the man at the concert with the orange glow stick directing you where to park." "You’re baiting me, aren’t you?" "No, I seriously have no faith in your aptitude."  (Michel - Double Date)

34.  "What is that?" "It’s a paper clip." "And what do you intend to do with that paper clip?" "I intend to carve something really dirty into the bathroom door." "Lorelai." "What rhymes with Nantucket?" (Lorelai - Let the Games Begin)

35.  "We have decided to just go sit at the table. Perhaps the food will appear by sheer wish fulfillment." "I'll check on it again, Mom." "Oh, please don't. I wouldn't want to disturb your cook. She's obviously in the middle of a crossword puzzle."  (Gran - The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais)

36.  "Richard, I would like to be escorted into the dining room now." "Your wish is my command." "Well, uh, I’m not sure that dinner is ready just yet." "Well perhaps our presence in the dining room will teach your help that when one is told dinner is at seven o'clock, people often expects dinner at seven o'clock." "But it’s only five after, Mom." "Only five after? Richard, in the even that I am kidnapped and a ransom is demanded at a certain time, I would prefer that Emily not be in charge of the drop off."  (Gran - The Third Lorelai)

37.  "I have no memory of this whatsoever." "Rory, correct me if I'm wrong, but men have walked on the moon regardless of whether your mother remembers it or not." "That's the rumor."  (Emily - Cinnamon's Wake)

38.  "I gotta place an order." "Talk into the clown." "I am."  (Dean - Dear Emily and Richard)

39.  "It’s from my mother." "What is it?" "It’s heavy. Must be her hopes and dreams for me." "I thought she discarded those years ago."  (Rory - Dear Emily and Richard)

40.  "No, it doesn't work there either." "What an enormous shock. Anywhere else you want to try it -- maybe at the Lincoln Memorial, on his giant lap?"  (Michel - Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)

Edited by Taryn74