Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

6 out. *sad face*

Favorite scenes with someone cooking

1.  The montage from the Pilot where Sookie's kitchen helpers rush around preventing disasters while she's cooking. "My sauce. Whoo, that's pretty good. Hello, a little bit of greens. Okay, okay. Hello, my little babies. You like that? A little bit of juice. Okay. You're very pretty. Okay." She ends up knocking out Salvador with a skillet when Lorelai comes in to tell her Rory got into Chilton.  (Pilot)

7.  Richard is feeling nostalgic and makes Johnny Machete for FND.  "Oh, this is my favorite thing to eat as a boy. My gran used to make this for me whenever I was feeling a little sad. You know, if my cricket team lost or a girl I fancied turned up her nose at me." "Well, then load me up because there was this really cute chick at the pharmacy today. I used my best material on her and nothing." "Richard, at least let Pina serve it." "No comment on my lesbian hilarity. My, how far we’ve come." "Pina will serve tiny, proper servings. Johnny Machete needs to be presented in a heap." (Happy Birthday, Baby)

9.  Sookie takes over Luke's kitchen after the Inn burns down.  "Hey, we making the Cajun Eggs Benedict again?" "I don't know, we could." "Let's do it, it was good." "Well, the Cajun was all your doing." "Only because I knocked the cayenne pepper into your hollandaise." "Hey, how do you think they invented the Reese's cup and penicillin, my friend? We can win the Nobel here." (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

22.  The girls go to Luke's for one of their four Thanksgiving dinners.  "Well, you can skip eating this one if you want. Just have cokes or something, it’s no big deal." "No, no way, you’re the main event today, my friend." "Oh, good." "What’s good are the yams." "Definitely. Got some more marshmallows?" (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

24.  Emily insists on staying over to take care of Lorelai when she throws her back out.  "There you go." "Mom, I think somebody already ate that." "That is a mashed banana on toast." "Okay." "I used to make this for you all the time when you were a little girl." "You did?" "Yes, whenever you got sick I made this." "Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?" (Rory's Dance)

28.  Jackson deep fries the Thanksgiving turkey.  "Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson. . ." "Did someone say. . .Jackson?!" "Wow, it’s like Thunderdome in here." "He should’ve just driven it out on a monster truck. He’s shamelessly catering to his demographic."  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

33.  Mrs. Kim and Lane are in charge of the food for the 24-hour dance marathon.  "What is that stuff?" "Eggless egg salad. Though this year my mom added food coloring to make the egg-like product look more eggy." "Smart." "And every sandwich comes with your own personal pamphlet 'Dancing for the Devil', an illustrated look at the effect of dancing on your chances of spending all eternity in hell." "Boy, her flames are getting really good." (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

9 - I always enjoy when Luke and Sookie work together without Sookie being all weird about it.

1.  The montage from the Pilot where Sookie's kitchen helpers rush around preventing disasters while she's cooking. "My sauce. Whoo, that's pretty good. Hello, a little bit of greens. Okay, okay. Hello, my little babies. You like that? A little bit of juice. Okay. You're very pretty. Okay." She ends up knocking out Salvador with a skillet when Lorelai comes in to tell her Rory got into Chilton.  (Pilot)

7.  Richard is feeling nostalgic and makes Johnny Machete for FND.  "Oh, this is my favorite thing to eat as a boy. My gran used to make this for me whenever I was feeling a little sad. You know, if my cricket team lost or a girl I fancied turned up her nose at me." "Well, then load me up because there was this really cute chick at the pharmacy today. I used my best material on her and nothing." "Richard, at least let Pina serve it." "No comment on my lesbian hilarity. My, how far we’ve come." "Pina will serve tiny, proper servings. Johnny Machete needs to be presented in a heap." (Happy Birthday, Baby)

22.  The girls go to Luke's for one of their four Thanksgiving dinners.  "Well, you can skip eating this one if you want. Just have cokes or something, it’s no big deal." "No, no way, you’re the main event today, my friend." "Oh, good." "What’s good are the yams." "Definitely. Got some more marshmallows?" (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

24.  Emily insists on staying over to take care of Lorelai when she throws her back out.  "There you go." "Mom, I think somebody already ate that." "That is a mashed banana on toast." "Okay." "I used to make this for you all the time when you were a little girl." "You did?" "Yes, whenever you got sick I made this." "Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?" (Rory's Dance)

28.  Jackson deep fries the Thanksgiving turkey.  "Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson. . ." "Did someone say. . .Jackson?!" "Wow, it’s like Thunderdome in here." "He should’ve just driven it out on a monster truck. He’s shamelessly catering to his demographic."  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

33.  Mrs. Kim and Lane are in charge of the food for the 24-hour dance marathon.  "What is that stuff?" "Eggless egg salad. Though this year my mom added food coloring to make the egg-like product look more eggy." "Smart." "And every sandwich comes with your own personal pamphlet 'Dancing for the Devil', an illustrated look at the effect of dancing on your chances of spending all eternity in hell." "Boy, her flames are getting really good." (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

28 gone! One of the more hilarious scenes of the series, but it's funny rather than touching/nostalgic to me.

20 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

😆 I guess we made this round easy on Taryn! 

Yup!  What a perfect introduction to Sookie this one was, though.

15 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Fine, 33. Though I did like when Jess was cowered to give Mrs. Kim a “m’am” after introductions.

Bahahaha. I loved that too. Jess ain't no dummy.

Our final three!

13 hours ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

I'm going with 22, and I feel like I'm going to be in the minority here, but as much as I love Luke, I just find the other two moments a bit more memorable.

I agree with you, but 7 got the boot this time! I do adore Richard actually cooking something, especially something that Emily would consider beneath her.

Time to vote FOR our winner!

24 to win. Emily and Lorelai's relationship is probably one of my favorites of the show. I just love those little moments where they're able to let go of their pride and the past and bond over something. 

• Love 1

We have our winner!  I love how excited Emily is in this one to be doing something for Lorelai that she used to do when she was a little girl.

Emily insists on staying over to take care of Lorelai when she throws her back out.  "There you go." "Mom, I think somebody already ate that." "That is a mashed banana on toast." "Okay." "I used to make this for you all the time when you were a little girl." "You did?" "Yes, whenever you got sick I made this." "Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?" (Rory's Dance)

4 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I also loved the last part when Lorelai falls asleep, Emily covers her, and Lorelai murmurs, “Thank you Mommy”. Not Mom, Mommy.

Me too.  

I think we'll do Party & Celebration Scenes next.  I probably won't put the list together until Monday since tomorrow is Easter, but everyone feel free to start listing some scenes!

Rory's birthday party at her house. Richard is an autumn

Rory's birthday party at her grandparents. She yelled at Emily for inviting all the people she doesn't even know.

The opening at the Dragonfly. Michel, Sookie, and Lorelai are in the kitchen realizing that it's going to work

Miss Patty's anniversary of this thing we call show. Luke drops by outside to tell Lorelai to keep thinking how she thinks.

Rory's graduation party. The grandparents sing, Logan proposes.

Lorelai’s Graduation. Looking at her parents as she switched the tassel over

Rory’s sendoff celebration on the series finale. Luke sews the tent.

Emily and Richard renew their vows. He is “Bill” for the evening.

Lane's bachelorette party is a bust they end up at Brian's aunt's house.

(Not) Olivia's birthday party. Paris and Doyle dance up a storm. "Boyfriend" hits on Rory

Life and Death Brigade in the woods. Paintball, races, and jumping off towers with umbrellas

Favorite Party/Celebration Scenes

1.  Emily and Richard come to Rory's Stars Hollow party.  "Um, okay, uh, my parents are here." "No!" "Yeah. I've cursed in front of them twice and Miss Patty already tried to hit on my dad, and I'm sure my mom is going to call Child Protective Services."  Richard is an Autumn. (Rory's Birthday Parties)

2.  Emily throws Rory a birthday party in lieu of FND.  She invites all the kids from Chilton.  "This is your party and these are your guests and I don't have anything to say to them, so you give the speech." (Rory's Birthday Parties)

3.  The Dragonfly Inn has its test run opening for the townies.  "I went to check on the backup generators. Everything is fine." "And the dinner's going great." "Everyone's settled, the doors are up." "Everyone seems happy." "They do, don't they? This is gonna work." (Raincoats & Recipes)

4.  Miss Patty throws a big 40th anniversary party.  "Which husband?" "Oh, no husband, honey. I'm talking about a lover that's been much more loyal and seductive than a husband. I'm talking about that business we call Show."  Luke stops by to apologize to Lorelai for going off on her about the boat on his Dark Day.  "You keep thinking like you'd think."  (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

5.  Rory's Yale Graduation party.  Emily & Richard sing.  "You'll make us proud, we'll sing it loud." "It’s true!" " 'Cause now, Rory you're a Bulldog, through and through."  Logan proposes.  Rory is shook.  "I’m sorry, I know you said you were over big gestures, but that’s what wedding proposals are. And tonight with your parents here and your grandparents, I just thought...." "No, it’s not the size of the gesture. It’s the gesture itself."  (Unto the Breach)

6.  Lorelai graduates from her business school.  Rory invites Richard & Emily and they go all out with a fancy photographer and watch with pride and a few tears as Lorelai switches her tassel over.  (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

7.  The townies throw Rory a bon voyage party after she graduates from Yale and gets a job covering the presidential election.  Lorelai finds out the party was all Luke's doing.  "He made me promise not to tell you, but I don't care. This is all Luke. He did all of it. He's the one that came to me and said, 'let's do the party,' and then he planned the secret town meeting, everything." "Really?" "Yeah. I mean, last night when we thought it was gonna rain and we'd have to cancel the party, he went around and collected everybody's tarps and tents and raincoats. I don't know how he did it. He must have stayed up all night doing this." (Bon Voyage)

8.  Richard & Emily reconcile and have a vow renewal to celebrate their 40th anniversary.  Richard dedicates a song to Emily for their first dance.  "Now, most of you know my daughter, Lorelai. When Lorelai was three, she went through a period of having chronic ear infections. It was terrible. Screaming all night long, we couldn’t keep a nanny longer than a week." "Yeah, that was the terrible part. The searing pain was just a side note." "And so, it fell to Emily to sit with her all night long. She tried everything to calm her down. Finally, she found a song that seemed to soothe her. It was a popular song on the radio and it soon became Emily’s favorite. Of course, it drove me crazy -- some woman complaining about how she wanted to marry a man named Bill. Not exactly Cole Porter. Emily would tease me, saying, ‘If only your name was Bill, then this could be our song.’ Well, Emily, for tonight, and tonight only, my name is Bill, and this is our song. Hit the button, Johnny."  (Wedding Bell Blues)

9.  Rory and the townies throw Lorelai a birthday party.  "What is that?" "The world’s largest pizza. Almost." "That is amazing." "You like it?" "I love it. Thank you, honey. Hey, what happened to Kirk?"  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

10.  Lane's bachelorette party.  All of their wild plans end up a flop.  "Hi. Are you Brian's aunt?" "Oh, you must be Lane. The boys are downstairs in the rec room." "Sounds like they have foosball." "Foosball's fun." "Bachelorettes in the house!"  (I Get a Sidekick Out of You)

11.  Olivia, Rory, and Lucy have a party.  "It's Lucy's 21st birthday. We're throwing her a big party. I was hoping you might be able to come." "I can't -- Nobu." "Nobu, schmobu. It's a college party. Don't you miss college parties? Our theme's 2002." "Why?" "Just because."  Paris prepares.  "Paris, you don't have to hip-hop dance at this party." "I can hip-hop dance. Don't you worry. Doyle and I will be scorching the floorboards."  Rory finally meets Boyfriend, who ends up being Marty, who ends up not being over Rory and hits on her.  (Knit, People, Knit)

12.  Rory attends her first Life & Death Brigade gala.  It's in the woods, with tents, paintball, and jumping off giant scaffolding with umbrellas.  "Oh, good, you’re using ‘e’s. No champagne?"  "I'll have a little later."  (You Jump, I Jump, Jack)

THE WALTZ - sorry to yell, but this HAS to be on the list. 🙂 Liz and TJ's wedding reception would be a better descriptor, I suppose.

1.  Emily and Richard come to Rory's Stars Hollow party.  "Um, okay, uh, my parents are here." "No!" "Yeah. I've cursed in front of them twice and Miss Patty already tried to hit on my dad, and I'm sure my mom is going to call Child Protective Services."  Richard is an Autumn. (Rory's Birthday Parties)

2.  Emily throws Rory a birthday party in lieu of FND.  She invites all the kids from Chilton.  "This is your party and these are your guests and I don't have anything to say to them, so you give the speech." (Rory's Birthday Parties)

3.  The Dragonfly Inn has its test run opening for the townies.  "I went to check on the backup generators. Everything is fine." "And the dinner's going great." "Everyone's settled, the doors are up." "Everyone seems happy." "They do, don't they? This is gonna work." (Raincoats & Recipes)

4.  Miss Patty throws a big 40th anniversary party.  "Which husband?" "Oh, no husband, honey. I'm talking about a lover that's been much more loyal and seductive than a husband. I'm talking about that business we call Show."  Luke stops by to apologize to Lorelai for going off on her about the boat on his Dark Day.  "You keep thinking like you'd think."  (But Not as Cute as Pushkin)

5.  Rory's Yale Graduation party.  Emily & Richard sing.  "You'll make us proud, we'll sing it loud." "It’s true!" " 'Cause now, Rory you're a Bulldog, through and through."  Logan proposes.  Rory is shook.  "I’m sorry, I know you said you were over big gestures, but that’s what wedding proposals are. And tonight with your parents here and your grandparents, I just thought...." "No, it’s not the size of the gesture. It’s the gesture itself."  (Unto the Breach)

6.  Lorelai graduates from her business school.  Rory invites Richard & Emily and they go all out with a fancy photographer and watch with pride and a few tears as Lorelai switches her tassel over.  (Lorelai's Graduation Day)

7.  The townies throw Rory a bon voyage party after she graduates from Yale and gets a job covering the presidential election.  Lorelai finds out the party was all Luke's doing.  "He made me promise not to tell you, but I don't care. This is all Luke. He did all of it. He's the one that came to me and said, 'let's do the party,' and then he planned the secret town meeting, everything." "Really?" "Yeah. I mean, last night when we thought it was gonna rain and we'd have to cancel the party, he went around and collected everybody's tarps and tents and raincoats. I don't know how he did it. He must have stayed up all night doing this." (Bon Voyage)

8.  Richard & Emily reconcile and have a vow renewal to celebrate their 40th anniversary.  Richard dedicates a song to Emily for their first dance.  "Now, most of you know my daughter, Lorelai. When Lorelai was three, she went through a period of having chronic ear infections. It was terrible. Screaming all night long, we couldn’t keep a nanny longer than a week." "Yeah, that was the terrible part. The searing pain was just a side note." "And so, it fell to Emily to sit with her all night long. She tried everything to calm her down. Finally, she found a song that seemed to soothe her. It was a popular song on the radio and it soon became Emily’s favorite. Of course, it drove me crazy -- some woman complaining about how she wanted to marry a man named Bill. Not exactly Cole Porter. Emily would tease me, saying, ‘If only your name was Bill, then this could be our song.’ Well, Emily, for tonight, and tonight only, my name is Bill, and this is our song. Hit the button, Johnny."  (Wedding Bell Blues)

9.  Rory and the townies throw Lorelai a birthday party.  "What is that?" "The world’s largest pizza. Almost." "That is amazing." "You like it?" "I love it. Thank you, honey. Hey, what happened to Kirk?"  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

10.  Lane's bachelorette party.  All of their wild plans end up a flop.  "Hi. Are you Brian's aunt?" "Oh, you must be Lane. The boys are downstairs in the rec room." "Sounds like they have foosball." "Foosball's fun." "Bachelorettes in the house!"  (I Get a Sidekick Out of You)

11.  Olivia, Rory, and Lucy have a party.  "It's Lucy's 21st birthday. We're throwing her a big party. I was hoping you might be able to come." "I can't -- Nobu." "Nobu, schmobu. It's a college party. Don't you miss college parties? Our theme's 2002." "Why?" "Just because."  Paris prepares.  "Paris, you don't have to hip-hop dance at this party." "I can hip-hop dance. Don't you worry. Doyle and I will be scorching the floorboards."  Rory finally meets Boyfriend, who ends up being Marty, who ends up not being over Rory and hits on her.  (Knit, People, Knit)

12.  Rory attends her first Life & Death Brigade gala.  It's in the woods, with tents, paintball, and jumping off giant scaffolding with umbrellas.  "Oh, good, you’re using ‘e’s. No champagne?"  "I'll have a little later."  (You Jump, I Jump, Jack)

13.  Luke & Lorelai dance at Liz & TJ's wedding reception.  "And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

14.  The townies show up to support Babette & Morey at Cinnamon's wake.  Everyone gathers around the piano while Morey plays Cinnamon's Song.  Patty plays the bongos.  (Cinnamon's Wake)

15.  Luke & Lorelai have a very intimate wedding-before-the-wedding, decorated by Kirk.  "It's perfect."  (Revival, Fall)

16.  Lane's wedding reception.  There's Yummy Bartenders, ear plugs - "the good ones, that expand in your ears" - silk robes, a tear-away wedding dress - "Yes! My wife's got legs!" - and drunken toasts.  (I Get a Sidekick Out of You)

17.  Rory and Lane do the bride's hair and makeup for her wedding to Cousin James.  "Um, your hair, do you like it?" "Too much for me." (Lorelai Out of Water)

18.  Everyone hangs out at the Inn before Sookie & Jackson's wedding begins.  Patty and Babette are singing while Morey plays the piano and Lane pretend-plays the drums.  "So, uh, how many cocktails caused that?" "Oh, they haven’t had any cocktails yet." "Really?" "Oh yeah. When they start having cocktails, we’re gonna have to hide you."  (I Can't Get Started)

Rory's 21st with the dreadful pink drinks. 

TJ's bachelorette party where Jess doesn't want to sit. "A lap is an illusion". 

Lane's baby shower when she had to remain on bed rest. 

Kyle's party. Lane gets drunk. Jess and Dean fight. 

Korean New Year when Brian is told "Nature must wait!" and Zach and Mrs. Kim bond over how great Lane looks in her glasses. 

Madeline's party where Lane meets Henry and Tristan and Rory kiss. 

The first floor party at Yale where Paris convinces Rory to leave the door open. 

13.  Luke & Lorelai dance at Liz & TJ's wedding reception.  "And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

14.  The townies show up to support Babette & Morey at Cinnamon's wake.  Everyone gathers around the piano while Morey plays Cinnamon's Song.  Patty plays the bongos.  (Cinnamon's Wake)

15.  Luke & Lorelai have a very intimate wedding-before-the-wedding, decorated by Kirk.  "It's perfect."  (Revival, Fall)

16.  Lane's wedding reception.  There's Yummy Bartenders, ear plugs - "the good ones, that expand in your ears" - silk robes, a tear-away wedding dress - "Yes! My wife's got legs!" - and drunken toasts.  (I Get a Sidekick Out of You)

17.  Rory and Lane do the bride's hair and makeup for her wedding to Cousin James.  "Um, your hair, do you like it?" "Too much for me." (Lorelai Out of Water)

18.  Everyone hangs out at the Inn before Sookie & Jackson's wedding begins.  Patty and Babette are singing while Morey plays the piano and Lane pretend-plays the drums.  "So, uh, how many cocktails caused that?" "Oh, they haven’t had any cocktails yet." "Really?" "Oh yeah. When they start having cocktails, we’re gonna have to hide you."  (I Can't Get Started)

19.  Rory's uppity 21st birthday party.  She and Lorelai are barely speaking.  Luke gives her his mother's pearls.  Everyone gets a special The Rory cocktail.  "It's like drinking a My Little Pony."  Lane thinks Logan is cute.  Zach is a little intimidated.  Paris and Doyle share the news about Paris being the new editor of the Yale Daily News.  "Last year, I was sleeping with the editor." "And this year, I am."  (21 is the Loneliest Number)

20.  TJ has a bachelor party at a strip club.  Jess reads.  Luke stands.  "If I stand, there's no lap to dance on. Everything will be easier."  TJ's mind is blown.  "A lap is just an illusion."  TJ asks Jess to walk Liz down the aisle for their wedding, Jess doesn't want to.  "There's girls wallowing around in slimy dirt, and you're looking at me?" "I don't want to tell your mom no." "Then I'll tell her." "I don't want you telling her either." "Want to pitch in for a telegram?"  They end up in a fight and everyone gets kicked out.  (Luke Can See Her Face)

21.  Lane's pregnant with twins and on bed rest but doesn't want to give up her baby shower.  "It's just that this one is my last." "Why is it your last?" "I'm about to be a mother." "Um, mothers can have parties." "Not for themselves. They only do things for their children. She did everything for me. And...I'm...gonna be the same way." Mrs. Kim insists that Lorelai find a way to still have the party.  They move it to Miss Patty's and push Lane there on her bed.  "This party is amazing. Everything you guys did -- truthfully, I didn't think it was actually gonna happen." "Yes well, that whole bed rest thing really threw a wrench in." "Plus the fight." "What fight?" "You didn't hear about the fight? Me and my mom, classic Kim family grudgefest? If not for your mom, we might have gone the way of Pretty Girls Make Graves. They were so young and had so many killer albums left in them." "So my mom brokered peace?" "Hard-core. Listen, here's the thing. Um, my kids are gonna need that, too -- you know, when they're hiding Bibles and they can't stand me. So what I wanted to know is...would you be their Lorelai Gilmore?"  (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?)

22.  Kyle has a party while his parents are out of town and has Lane's band play.  She gets drunk and calls her mother.  "Had a beer and a half, nice cold beer. And I just thought I'd tell you, I'm drumming in a band tonight at a party and we rocked. We were The Clash and Rage Against the Machine and Nirvana combined. And I'm in love with Dave Rygalski. He's my guy, not Young Chui. Young Chui's a ship in the night, Mama. Not even a ship, he's a little tugboat tooting along and I'm not gonna go to the prom with him, unh uh. I'm going with Dave, because we rock together, Mama. The charade is over."  Dean and Jess end up in a fight over Rory.  (Keg! Max!)

23.  Lane invites the entire band over when her mother insists on her coming to the Lunar New Year dinner.  "How about if I bring my whole band? The whole noisy lot of us. How about that? Will that work?" "Yes." "What?"  Zach tries to leave the table before everyone is finished eating.  "You’re not allowed to leave the table." "Nature’s calling, kid." "Nature must wait!"  Later, Zach and Mrs. Kim bond over Lane's glasses.  (Come Home)

24.  Rory is upset over her breakup with Dean so she and Lane go to Madeline's party.  Lane meets Henry.  "Oh no." "What?" "It just figures that the only Korean boy at this party has his Korean girl radar turned on."  Tristan's girlfriend breaks up with him.  He and Rory kiss.  (The Breakup, Part 2)

25.  Paris is mad that Rory won't agree to open their dorm door for the first Yale party of the year.  She calls Lorelai for help.  "Now I'm sure it's tempting to emotionally stunt your daughter so she'll move back home and take care of you in your old age, but I thought you wanted better for her."  Rory finally agrees.  Tanna borrows an outfit.  "You said I could borrow something to wear to the party." "Yeah, I did, but that's my Chilton uniform. My mom probably threw it in for a joke. It's my high-school uniform. I wore it every day to. . .you know, there's a tie in there that goes with it."  Madeline and Louise show up.  They're making all the first college party rounds.  Paris lasts for about five minutes before she's over it.  "Hey, Bim and Bim, up. Let's move, now." "Hey!" "Sorry. She's my roommate. What can I do? Call me."  (The Hobbit, the Sofa, and Digger Stiles)

26.  Lorelai and Rory attend the Rare Manuscripts Acquisition Fundraiser when Richard & Emily can't fill their table.  Lorelai didn't realize she was supposed to bring a man.  "We do like Rory but we're short of men." "Well so am I." "Honestly, Lorelai. It's not your looks that keep them away. Think about that."  Lorelai, who is pretending not to be dating Jason, has to pretend to be his date.  Jason holds Lorelai's hand.  "Hey, your mom said."  Marjorie and Shawna have to pretend their dates are occupied all evening.  "Who are Marjorie and Shawna?" "Richard and Jason's secretaries. Dull girls, like two rolling pins sitting across from you, but we were desperate."  (Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels)

27.  Rory is coming out.  "I can't believe you're letting her do it." "Oh, well, I wasn't about to let her use my method of getting out of it."  There's a fan dance.  Richard is stressed about work.  He and Emily fight.  "You don't want your granddaughter presented to society?" "To hell with society. Yes, I'm talking about you!"  (Presenting Lorelai Gilmore)

28.  Luke is getting the food ready for Liz's wedding.  Liz's friends hire a stripper.  "This package is for Liz Danes?" "That's me." "Do you accept delivery?" "I -- I guess." "Shake it, doll, shake it." "No, don't shake it in here." "Luke, we need change!" "Turn these twenties into ones!"  (Luke Can See Her Face)

29.  Emily comes over under the guise of having Lorelai repair her wedding dress.  Richard calls from his bachelor's party and Lorelai realizes Emily was expecting a bachelorette party.  She calls in the townies.  "I have to say, Lorelai, I am loving this drink. Have you ever had one of these, Gypsy?" "I don't know." "It's called a rum and coke." "You know, you may look high-brow, Emily, but underneath, you're just a broad." "Did you hear that, Gypsy? I'm a broad." Lorelai finds some dirty-shaped pasta Sookie gave her years before.  "Mom, for you on your special night." "What is this? Oh my G-d. Oh my G-d!" (Wedding Bell Blues)

30.  Michel, Sookie, Miss Patty and Rory go with Lorelai to her bachelorette party.  Michel invited Emily.  "What in Lucifer's reach is my mother doing here?"  Emily reminisces about her own wedding.  "But the thing I remember most was that for the entire week before my wedding, I'd wait 'til my mother went to sleep, and I'd sneak out of bed and I'd put on my wedding dress and my tiara and my gloves, and I would stare at myself in the mirror and think how very safe I felt. How very right and wise and honored."  (Red Light on the Wedding Night)

Edited by Taryn74