Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Only one dissenting vote! So funny.

10 - Yeah, the plotline with Joe was weird. I did like that someone had a "thing" for Sookie for so long though. That was sweet.

17 - Meh. Nothing special.

30 - I have a love/hate relationship with Jason. Sometimes he made me laugh, sometimes I hated him. Didn't like him with Lorelai at all though.

Still voting against three!

Favorite scenes with someone cooking

1.  The montage from the Pilot where Sookie's kitchen helpers rush around preventing disasters while she's cooking. "My sauce. Whoo, that's pretty good. Hello, a little bit of greens. Okay, okay. Hello, my little babies. You like that? A little bit of juice. Okay. You're very pretty. Okay." She ends up knocking out Salvador with a skillet when Lorelai comes in to tell her Rory got into Chilton.  (Pilot)

2.  Jackson cooks dinner for Sookie, and drives her crazy by not letting her micromanage every step.   "It really is, it’s sweet. I’m just -- do you hear something?" "Like what?" "Like someone using the wrong size pan to sweat the onions in!" "No, nothing like that." "Ok, well, maybe I’m hearing things."  (The Breakup, Part 2)

4.  Luke asks Lorelai to stir the sauce while he talks to TJ. She panics. "It's bubbling and turning brown." "It's fine." "Well, what constitutes sticking?" "You can't ruin it." "I can, I have powers. Once the Barefoot Contessa was making a soufflé and when it fell, she looked out the TV and said, 'Gilmore, was that you?' ” (The Party's Over)

5.  Not!DreamTrampLorelai comes downstairs to find DreamLuke cooking her breakfast.  He's switched out her coffee for decaf.  "I’m a busy man. I don’t have time to sneak around switching your coffee. I have a diner to run, I have shipments to order, I have things to flip and fry. Will you stop that?" "Ha, haha, hahaha! Under the sink, very clever, but not clever enough, bucko."  (Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days)

6.  Rory is snowed in at the Grandparents and they have to fix their own dinner.  She finds a boxed pizza in the freezer to cook.  "You must come downstairs immediately." "What's wrong?" "The stove is buzzing." "It's just the timer, Grandma." "I know it's the timer, Rory. What I don't know is where it's located or how to turn it off." (Love & War & Snow)

7.  Richard is feeling nostalgic and makes Johnny Machete for FND.  "Oh, this is my favorite thing to eat as a boy. My gran used to make this for me whenever I was feeling a little sad. You know, if my cricket team lost or a girl I fancied turned up her nose at me." "Well, then load me up because there was this really cute chick at the pharmacy today. I used my best material on her and nothing." "Richard, at least let Pina serve it." "No comment on my lesbian hilarity. My, how far we’ve come." "Pina will serve tiny, proper servings. Johnny Machete needs to be presented in a heap." (Happy Birthday, Baby)

9.  Sookie takes over Luke's kitchen after the Inn burns down.  "Hey, we making the Cajun Eggs Benedict again?" "I don't know, we could." "Let's do it, it was good." "Well, the Cajun was all your doing." "Only because I knocked the cayenne pepper into your hollandaise." "Hey, how do you think they invented the Reese's cup and penicillin, my friend? We can win the Nobel here." (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

12.  Rory makes Dean a 1950s-era meal.  "I can't believe I forgot the rolls." "What are you doing?" "I'll make 'em now." "Hold on, it's -- come on, we really don't need rolls." "Donna Reed would have never forgotten the rolls. They're gonna make me turn in my pearls." (That Damn Donna Reed)

13.  Luke is making breakfast - for real - at Lorelai's, the works.  "Well, I have my things, you know? I have certain things. And one of my things is going to Luke's. And just because I now have Dating Luke doesn't mean I want to lose my Cooking Luke." "But I am cooking, and I am Luke." "Look, it's like Tommy Lee having a Starbucks at his house." "What?" "On the surface, it sounds great. But half the reason you go to a Starbucks is to go to a Starbucks, you know, to go out and see the people." "Tommy Lee has a Starbucks in his house?" " 'Cribs', baby. Watch it." (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

15.  Richard has his valet make steak-on-a-stick for his portion of FND with the girls.  "I knew I smelled something, you're barbecuing!" "So what?" "So what?! The agreement was the girls have drinks with you and dinners with me!" "We are having drinks. Drinks and appetizers." "Those are not appetizers! Those are skewers!" (The Party's Over)

16.  The girls spend the night at Sookie's after they realize they have termites.  "We can make a nice avocado/mango face mask. Get out the tarot cards, tell fortunes, play Twister, make a Häagen-Dazs chocolate chocolate chip ice cream milkshake, and we'll watch Purple Rain. . ." "Sookie, it's midnight." "Okay, let's go straight for the milkshakes." (Secrets & Loans)

19.  Sookie flips out the night before her wedding and tries to take apart her wedding cake.  "Daffodils. Am I insane? You can’t have daffodils on your wedding cake. What was I thinking?!" (I Can't Get Started)

20.  Emily has a taste-testing before she has Sookie and Lorelai cater the launch party.  "Now, we would start off with either the roasted asparagus with the Parmesan or the trio of winter soups - tomato basil, butternut squash, and Catalonian garlic." "Very ambitious." "And very tasty." (An Affair to Remember)

21.  Lorelai and Rory step in to help Luke out at the diner when Uncle Louie dies.  "We're running out of coffee." "I'll make some more." "No, I got it." "Do you know how?" "Do I . . . uhh. . .I am Cathy Coffee, mister, the bastard offspring of Mrs. Folger and Juan Valdez." (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

22.  The girls go to Luke's for one of their four Thanksgiving dinners.  "Well, you can skip eating this one if you want. Just have cokes or something, it’s no big deal." "No, no way, you’re the main event today, my friend." "Oh, good." "What’s good are the yams." "Definitely. Got some more marshmallows?" (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

23.  Mrs. Kim and several Kim relatives get kimchi ready for Lane's wedding. "Mmm, very good. Not too spicy." "I pack it very tightly. It strangles the spice." "Well, it's perfect, and we're doing very good on time. At four o'clock, we move on to dumplings. I'm going to open another window." (I Get a Sidekick Out of You)

24.  Emily insists on staying over to take care of Lorelai when she throws her back out.  "There you go." "Mom, I think somebody already ate that." "That is a mashed banana on toast." "Okay." "I used to make this for you all the time when you were a little girl." "You did?" "Yes, whenever you got sick I made this." "Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?" (Rory's Dance)

25.  Sookie makes hundreds of broccoli tarts for the launch party.  "Try this one." "Sookie, I love you, I love your cooking, but I swear if you make me eat one more bite of broccoli tart, I will beat you to death with it." "Your mother is the pickiest woman I have ever catered for. She has impeccable taste, the highest standards, and she can smell an inferior tart a mile away." "Well, depending on how long it's been left out, we all can." (An Affair to Remember)

27.  Rory's home on break from Yale.  "Oh, hi! Great! I'm still on my finals sleep schedule, and, man, am I wired. What time is it? Like, 3:00 in the morning? I cannot tell anymore. Want some mac and cheese? I love mac and cheese when I can't sleep. Cool. Individual cheese slices. So, I've been making out my résumé so I can try to get a summer job, because there is no way that I am going to swipe cafeteria cards again next year. My whites are done! Do you know that the best time to do your laundry at Yale is in the middle of the night? You have your pick of washers, the place has just been swept, and the trash is completely empty. So, what do you think? The Stars Hollow Gazette needs a facts checker, but Rob's Tire is offering way more money. I know that now is the time to suffer for my art, but I was so broke...." Lorelai locks her in her room. "Great to have you home, hon." (Raincoats & Recipes)

28.  Jackson deep fries the Thanksgiving turkey.  "Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson. . ." "Did someone say. . .Jackson?!" "Wow, it’s like Thunderdome in here." "He should’ve just driven it out on a monster truck. He’s shamelessly catering to his demographic."  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

29.  Sookie's doctor puts her on bedrest, so Luke has to help out at the Inn.  "So, I just wanted to tell you that I'm really grateful to you for jumping in like this." "Happy to jump." "Are you straining the sauce?" "Excuse me?" "The duck sauce. Are you straining it?" "Yes." "Twice?" "No." "Oh, well. It's really best if you strain it twice. It makes it really smooth." "People seem to be liking the sauce, Sookie." "Well, sure, when you don't know what you're missing, then - " (But I'm a Gilmore!)

31.  Zach cooks Lane dinner.  "This whole thing was so sweet, Zach. Cooking me dinner?" "It was fun." "The sauce was amazing." "My own creation. Ragu with garlic salt, cayenne pepper and a dash of wasabi." "It made my ears pop." "One of the benefits." "Spaghetti was just right, too." "I threw some up against the wall to tell if it was done. Made a shape like Peter Gabriel’s big bloated head. It’s still there if you want to see it." (So...Good Talk)

32.  Sookie makes Jackson a special dinner when she feels guilty for Joe thinking they had a date.  "Lamb chops with Sicilian olives, rosemary and garlic, and a warm potato and chorizo salad." "I love lamb chops with Sicilian olives, rosemary and garlic, and a warm potato and chorizo salad." "I know." "What’s that?" "Beef jerky." "You made beef jerky for me." "And there’s cornbread, and fried marshmallow pie for dessert." "And you have CCR on." "Well, you like CCR." "I know I like CCR, you don’t like CCR." "Sometimes I like CCR, and tonight I like CCR." "You cheated on me!" "No!" "Oh my G-d." "I just flirted. Accidentally!" (I Solemnly Swear)

33.  Mrs. Kim and Lane are in charge of the food for the 24-hour dance marathon.  "What is that stuff?" "Eggless egg salad. Though this year my mom added food coloring to make the egg-like product look more eggy." "Smart." "And every sandwich comes with your own personal pamphlet 'Dancing for the Devil', an illustrated look at the effect of dancing on your chances of spending all eternity in hell." "Boy, her flames are getting really good." (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

34.  Lucien Mills, famous restaurant critic, calls Sookie's risotto 'fine'.  "Sookie! What’s with all the risotto? Have we gone theme now? Ooh, is it gonna be like the scotch tape store?" "Look, I’ve made forty recipes, okay? Forty. And every single time I come back to the same conclusion." "That yours is better?" "Yes!" "It is!" "You were looking for me?" "Yes, great! Three weeks ago, guy comes in, Lucien Mills, orders the risotto, doesn’t like it." "The magic risotto? You’re kidding." "Not helping." (The Deer Hunters)

35.  Sookie doesn't know she's pregnant and that her taste buds are off. "Free desserts? You’re giving the stupid people free desserts." "Sookie, I love you." "I love you, too." "Okay, and I love your food, you know that." "Yeah." "But I have to tell you that that bite I just had over there is one of the worst things I’ve ever tasted, and I’ve tasted some very bad things." "What?" "Are you sure you didn’t just accidentally drop something in the food tonight, like, I don’t know, uh, strychnine or manure?"  (The Big One)

16 - Not really a cooking scene I guess.  That milkshake did sound amazing though, heh.  And of course Jackson's wrasslin' pajamas are worth the price of admission.

23 - I can't help it, I just love everything about Lane's wedding.  (Well, not Lorelai's drunken rant at the reception, but everything else.)

34 - She shouldn't have been making a ton of risotto on the Inn's dime just to taste different recipes, really Sookie?  

Still three!

1.  The montage from the Pilot where Sookie's kitchen helpers rush around preventing disasters while she's cooking. "My sauce. Whoo, that's pretty good. Hello, a little bit of greens. Okay, okay. Hello, my little babies. You like that? A little bit of juice. Okay. You're very pretty. Okay." She ends up knocking out Salvador with a skillet when Lorelai comes in to tell her Rory got into Chilton.  (Pilot)

2.  Jackson cooks dinner for Sookie, and drives her crazy by not letting her micromanage every step.   "It really is, it’s sweet. I’m just -- do you hear something?" "Like what?" "Like someone using the wrong size pan to sweat the onions in!" "No, nothing like that." "Ok, well, maybe I’m hearing things."  (The Breakup, Part 2)

4.  Luke asks Lorelai to stir the sauce while he talks to TJ. She panics. "It's bubbling and turning brown." "It's fine." "Well, what constitutes sticking?" "You can't ruin it." "I can, I have powers. Once the Barefoot Contessa was making a soufflé and when it fell, she looked out the TV and said, 'Gilmore, was that you?' ” (The Party's Over)

5.  Not!DreamTrampLorelai comes downstairs to find DreamLuke cooking her breakfast.  He's switched out her coffee for decaf.  "I’m a busy man. I don’t have time to sneak around switching your coffee. I have a diner to run, I have shipments to order, I have things to flip and fry. Will you stop that?" "Ha, haha, hahaha! Under the sink, very clever, but not clever enough, bucko."  (Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days)

6.  Rory is snowed in at the Grandparents and they have to fix their own dinner.  She finds a boxed pizza in the freezer to cook.  "You must come downstairs immediately." "What's wrong?" "The stove is buzzing." "It's just the timer, Grandma." "I know it's the timer, Rory. What I don't know is where it's located or how to turn it off." (Love & War & Snow)

7.  Richard is feeling nostalgic and makes Johnny Machete for FND.  "Oh, this is my favorite thing to eat as a boy. My gran used to make this for me whenever I was feeling a little sad. You know, if my cricket team lost or a girl I fancied turned up her nose at me." "Well, then load me up because there was this really cute chick at the pharmacy today. I used my best material on her and nothing." "Richard, at least let Pina serve it." "No comment on my lesbian hilarity. My, how far we’ve come." "Pina will serve tiny, proper servings. Johnny Machete needs to be presented in a heap." (Happy Birthday, Baby)

9.  Sookie takes over Luke's kitchen after the Inn burns down.  "Hey, we making the Cajun Eggs Benedict again?" "I don't know, we could." "Let's do it, it was good." "Well, the Cajun was all your doing." "Only because I knocked the cayenne pepper into your hollandaise." "Hey, how do you think they invented the Reese's cup and penicillin, my friend? We can win the Nobel here." (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

12.  Rory makes Dean a 1950s-era meal.  "I can't believe I forgot the rolls." "What are you doing?" "I'll make 'em now." "Hold on, it's -- come on, we really don't need rolls." "Donna Reed would have never forgotten the rolls. They're gonna make me turn in my pearls." (That Damn Donna Reed)

13.  Luke is making breakfast - for real - at Lorelai's, the works.  "Well, I have my things, you know? I have certain things. And one of my things is going to Luke's. And just because I now have Dating Luke doesn't mean I want to lose my Cooking Luke." "But I am cooking, and I am Luke." "Look, it's like Tommy Lee having a Starbucks at his house." "What?" "On the surface, it sounds great. But half the reason you go to a Starbucks is to go to a Starbucks, you know, to go out and see the people." "Tommy Lee has a Starbucks in his house?" " 'Cribs', baby. Watch it." (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

15.  Richard has his valet make steak-on-a-stick for his portion of FND with the girls.  "I knew I smelled something, you're barbecuing!" "So what?" "So what?! The agreement was the girls have drinks with you and dinners with me!" "We are having drinks. Drinks and appetizers." "Those are not appetizers! Those are skewers!" (The Party's Over)

19.  Sookie flips out the night before her wedding and tries to take apart her wedding cake.  "Daffodils. Am I insane? You can’t have daffodils on your wedding cake. What was I thinking?!" (I Can't Get Started)

20.  Emily has a taste-testing before she has Sookie and Lorelai cater the launch party.  "Now, we would start off with either the roasted asparagus with the Parmesan or the trio of winter soups - tomato basil, butternut squash, and Catalonian garlic." "Very ambitious." "And very tasty." (An Affair to Remember)

21.  Lorelai and Rory step in to help Luke out at the diner when Uncle Louie dies.  "We're running out of coffee." "I'll make some more." "No, I got it." "Do you know how?" "Do I . . . uhh. . .I am Cathy Coffee, mister, the bastard offspring of Mrs. Folger and Juan Valdez." (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

22.  The girls go to Luke's for one of their four Thanksgiving dinners.  "Well, you can skip eating this one if you want. Just have cokes or something, it’s no big deal." "No, no way, you’re the main event today, my friend." "Oh, good." "What’s good are the yams." "Definitely. Got some more marshmallows?" (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

24.  Emily insists on staying over to take care of Lorelai when she throws her back out.  "There you go." "Mom, I think somebody already ate that." "That is a mashed banana on toast." "Okay." "I used to make this for you all the time when you were a little girl." "You did?" "Yes, whenever you got sick I made this." "Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?" (Rory's Dance)

25.  Sookie makes hundreds of broccoli tarts for the launch party.  "Try this one." "Sookie, I love you, I love your cooking, but I swear if you make me eat one more bite of broccoli tart, I will beat you to death with it." "Your mother is the pickiest woman I have ever catered for. She has impeccable taste, the highest standards, and she can smell an inferior tart a mile away." "Well, depending on how long it's been left out, we all can." (An Affair to Remember)

27.  Rory's home on break from Yale.  "Oh, hi! Great! I'm still on my finals sleep schedule, and, man, am I wired. What time is it? Like, 3:00 in the morning? I cannot tell anymore. Want some mac and cheese? I love mac and cheese when I can't sleep. Cool. Individual cheese slices. So, I've been making out my résumé so I can try to get a summer job, because there is no way that I am going to swipe cafeteria cards again next year. My whites are done! Do you know that the best time to do your laundry at Yale is in the middle of the night? You have your pick of washers, the place has just been swept, and the trash is completely empty. So, what do you think? The Stars Hollow Gazette needs a facts checker, but Rob's Tire is offering way more money. I know that now is the time to suffer for my art, but I was so broke...." Lorelai locks her in her room. "Great to have you home, hon." (Raincoats & Recipes)

28.  Jackson deep fries the Thanksgiving turkey.  "Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, Jackson. . ." "Did someone say. . .Jackson?!" "Wow, it’s like Thunderdome in here." "He should’ve just driven it out on a monster truck. He’s shamelessly catering to his demographic."  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

29.  Sookie's doctor puts her on bedrest, so Luke has to help out at the Inn.  "So, I just wanted to tell you that I'm really grateful to you for jumping in like this." "Happy to jump." "Are you straining the sauce?" "Excuse me?" "The duck sauce. Are you straining it?" "Yes." "Twice?" "No." "Oh, well. It's really best if you strain it twice. It makes it really smooth." "People seem to be liking the sauce, Sookie." "Well, sure, when you don't know what you're missing, then - " (But I'm a Gilmore!)

31.  Zach cooks Lane dinner.  "This whole thing was so sweet, Zach. Cooking me dinner?" "It was fun." "The sauce was amazing." "My own creation. Ragu with garlic salt, cayenne pepper and a dash of wasabi." "It made my ears pop." "One of the benefits." "Spaghetti was just right, too." "I threw some up against the wall to tell if it was done. Made a shape like Peter Gabriel’s big bloated head. It’s still there if you want to see it." (So...Good Talk)

32.  Sookie makes Jackson a special dinner when she feels guilty for Joe thinking they had a date.  "Lamb chops with Sicilian olives, rosemary and garlic, and a warm potato and chorizo salad." "I love lamb chops with Sicilian olives, rosemary and garlic, and a warm potato and chorizo salad." "I know." "What’s that?" "Beef jerky." "You made beef jerky for me." "And there’s cornbread, and fried marshmallow pie for dessert." "And you have CCR on." "Well, you like CCR." "I know I like CCR, you don’t like CCR." "Sometimes I like CCR, and tonight I like CCR." "You cheated on me!" "No!" "Oh my G-d." "I just flirted. Accidentally!" (I Solemnly Swear)

33.  Mrs. Kim and Lane are in charge of the food for the 24-hour dance marathon.  "What is that stuff?" "Eggless egg salad. Though this year my mom added food coloring to make the egg-like product look more eggy." "Smart." "And every sandwich comes with your own personal pamphlet 'Dancing for the Devil', an illustrated look at the effect of dancing on your chances of spending all eternity in hell." "Boy, her flames are getting really good." (They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?)

35.  Sookie doesn't know she's pregnant and that her taste buds are off. "Free desserts? You’re giving the stupid people free desserts." "Sookie, I love you." "I love you, too." "Okay, and I love your food, you know that." "Yeah." "But I have to tell you that that bite I just had over there is one of the worst things I’ve ever tasted, and I’ve tasted some very bad things." "What?" "Are you sure you didn’t just accidentally drop something in the food tonight, like, I don’t know, uh, strychnine or manure?"  (The Big One)

Playing tie-breaker, that's more like it. 😏

4 - Truly, nobody is that helpless, and the "I'm too cute to be useful!" does get old.

13 - Not everything is about you, Lorelai. I know that's shocking, but there it is.

20 - Meh.

Still three!

5 - Aw, as ridiculous as it was, I loved the dream teaser.

25 - Broccoli is my favorite veggie but I can't even imagine what hundreds of tarts in that house must have smelled like, heh. Also, I don't believe for a second that Lorelai would have eaten even one bit of one.

29 - True to character but lord was Sookie ever annoying with the bedrest thing!

Still three.

10 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

32 although fried marshmallow pie sounded....intriguing

Ha! I totally want to try a fried marshmallow pie. Whatever it is.

19 - Other than Lorelai gloating about Chris and making it all about her (as usual) I love this scene. Sookie is OTT (also as usual) but MM does manic flipout so well, heh.

27 - AB, however, does not do manic very well. Annoying scene and unless Rory was just banging pots together and otherwise making a ton of noise, I want to know how Lorelai heard her from upstairs and woke up to come see what she was doing. It's not like there was someone else there for her to be talking to.

32 - When did she have time to make all that in between work and Jackson getting home is what I want to know.

Time to drop down to two!

15 - Mmmm, steak on a stick. *drool*

31 - Ha, the spaghetti sauce sounds totally disgusting.

Voting against two!

52 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Deaja, we are voting for only 2

Oops! I must have looked at an old page since I also voted for one that is already gone.

4, 35

2 - Heh. This scene always cracks me up.

12 - It has Dean so meh.

Vote against two one last time!

21 - I love how the girls jump in and help Luke out when Uncle Louie dies. I bet they had a ton of fun running the diner too.

35 - This scene always makes me think of this video.  I howl every time I watch it.  "It burns!"  https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/holiday-food-segment-goes-wrong-on-live-tv-with-bad-artichoke-dip

Voting against just one now!

Edited by Taryn74