Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

6 out! I know they do it for comedic reasons, but if I went to eat somewhere and had frigging sheetrock falling into my food, there'd be hell to pay and you'd better believe it.

Favorite Random Moments

1.  Lorelai goes back out to the Jeep when she realizes Rory isn't at FND yet, and does a weird little dance to the song on the radio. Emily knocks on the window and scares her half to death. "So I put my purse on the seat and I put the keys in the car, and naturally the radio came on 'cause that's what it does, and, uh, Shadow Dancing was playing, which was one of my all time favorite songs in junior high." "And you forgot to look for your lip gloss." "Just for a second." "Which makes sense since it's in the ashtray right next to you."  (The Fundamental Things Apply)

15.  Lorelai and Emily model matching outfits for the Chilton fashion show fundraiser and dance/strut down the runway to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

22.  Luke catches up with Lorelai as they're both on their way to Mailboxes, Etc.  Lorelai needs stamps, Luke needs a divorce.  She offers to wait, to give him some privacy.  "I'm not taking a shower, I'm signing a paper." "I can come back later." "Will you please get in there and buy your stamps?" "Okay, fine." "Lots and lots of work."

29.  Luke is having trouble figuring out how to bury his 160 lb uncle and his 140 lbs of stuff.  "No, no, Taylor and the guys were right. I was cutting Louie slack out of respect for my dad, but the man was rotten and mean and selfish all his life. For God’s sake, he’s even selfish in death. Other people would’ve loved to have had those baseball cards. I would’ve loved to have those baseball cards. He’s got Lou Gehrig’s rookie card, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, tons of others – but no! My uncle, King Tut, has to take all of them to the afterlife with him!" "Sir, your voice." "I’m done, I’ve had it. From now on, it’s just the bare minimum and that’s it. Dig a big hole and just dump the casket in unlatched. If stuff falls out, fine. Just pile on enough dirt and make sure nothing’s showing!"  (Dead Uncles & Vegetables)

1 out. I don't know why that scene is so hilarious to me, but it is.

Favorite Random Moments

15.  Lorelai and Emily model matching outfits for the Chilton fashion show fundraiser and dance/strut down the runway to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

22.  Luke catches up with Lorelai as they're both on their way to Mailboxes, Etc.  Lorelai needs stamps, Luke needs a divorce.  She offers to wait, to give him some privacy.  "I'm not taking a shower, I'm signing a paper." "I can come back later." "Will you please get in there and buy your stamps?" "Okay, fine." "Lots and lots of work."

29.  Luke is having trouble figuring out how to bury his 160 lb uncle and his 140 lbs of stuff.  "No, no, Taylor and the guys were right. I was cutting Louie slack out of respect for my dad, but the man was rotten and mean and selfish all his life. For God’s sake, he’s even selfish in death. Other people would’ve loved to have had those baseball cards. I would’ve loved to have those baseball cards. He’s got Lou Gehrig’s rookie card, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, tons of others – but no! My uncle, King Tut, has to take all of them to the afterlife with him!" "Sir, your voice." "I’m done, I’ve had it. From now on, it’s just the bare minimum and that’s it. Dig a big hole and just dump the casket in unlatched. If stuff falls out, fine. Just pile on enough dirt and make sure nothing’s showing!"  (Dead Uncles & Vegetables)

15 out! Such a fun moment. I'm glad Lorelai finally just went with it.

Time to vote FOR our WINNER!

Favorite Random Moments

4 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

29 to win. The convo with the funeral director always amuses me, plus Lorelai trying to be helpful and supportive was nice

I agree.  Plus, "My uncle, King Tut..." makes me laugh until I cry.  Hands down one of the funniest things Luke says on this entire show.  Heh.

Well it was close and I was sweating it, but we have our winner!

Favorite Random Moments

Luke is having trouble figuring out how to bury his 160 lb uncle and his 140 lbs of stuff.  "No, no, Taylor and the guys were right. I was cutting Louie slack out of respect for my dad, but the man was rotten and mean and selfish all his life. For God’s sake, he’s even selfish in death. Other people would’ve loved to have had those baseball cards. I would’ve loved to have those baseball cards. He’s got Lou Gehrig’s rookie card, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, tons of others – but no! My uncle, King Tut, has to take all of them to the afterlife with him!" "Sir, your voice." "I’m done, I’ve had it. From now on, it’s just the bare minimum and that’s it. Dig a big hole and just dump the casket in unlatched. If stuff falls out, fine. Just pile on enough dirt and make sure nothing’s showing!"  (Dead Uncles & Vegetables)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

This might stray too far from the idea, but what about - meals/foods we'd most like to try? Luke's Santa burger, the magical risotta, Johnny Machete, a Rory? 

OMG I LOVE THIS IDEA.

Please, start listing!  I'll start us with chitowngirl's!

GG Foods You'd Most Like to Try

1.  Rory's heading-to-Yale-breakfast from Luke's.  "Since we were short on time, I had them make us something to go. My Yale special." "Oh, share, share." "Sausage, wrapped in a pancake, tied together with bacon." "You made that up?" "I don't know how I do it." (The Lorelais' First Day at Yale)

• Love 1

Luke's pasta with artichokes (the one he made when Lorelai came over in her maid outfit.)

Chiliquiles!

Rory's birthday cake (the 21st birthday)

The eggs Benedict that Luke and Sookie created when they spilled the cayenne pepper

Sookie's scones that Richard loved

1.  Rory's heading-to-Yale-breakfast from Luke's.  "Since we were short on time, I had them make us something to go. My Yale special." "Oh, share, share." "Sausage, wrapped in a pancake, tied together with bacon." "You made that up?" "I don't know how I do it." (The Lorelais' First Day at Yale)

2.  Lorelai makes Luke make her dinner after Liz brags about all the fancy food he likes to cook.  "Man, something smells crazy good in here. Oh my G-d, what are you making?" "Lamb and artichoke stew, penne with pesto and potatoes, roasted garlic with rosemary focaccia, tomatoes stuffed with bread crumbs and goat cheese, and ricotta cheesecake with Amaretto cookies to go with your coffee." "You're the perfect man." "Thank you." "I used to think it was Kelsey Grammer, but it's not. It's you." "Finally, I'm one-upping Grammer."  (The Party's Over)

3.  Caesar has gained more confidence cooking at Luke's.  "Chilaquiles, huh?" "Chilaquiles." "People went nuts for them. Mr. And Mrs. Fiss said they want them every morning now. Who knew? I didn't even think we'd sell one of them." "Well it was all Caesar -- his idea, his recipe, his refusal to take no for an answer." "Hey, Caesar. Chilaquiles!" "Chilaquiles!"  (Lorelai? Lorelai?)

4.  Emily is in charge of Rory's 21st birthday party.  "A chocolate praline crunch cake. A chocolate praline crunch cake completely covered with pearls. Ah, to be 21 again."  (21 is the Loneliest Number)

5.  Sookie temporarily takes over Luke's diner when the Independence Inn burns down.  "Hey, we making the Cajun Eggs Benedict again?" "I don't know, we could." "Let's do it, it was good." "Well, the Cajun was all your doing." "Only because I knocked the cayenne pepper into your hollandaise." "Hey, how do you think they invented the Reese's cup and penicillin, my friend? We can win the Nobel here."  (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

6.  Richard has to come to the Dragonfly to help Lorelai with an insurance claim.  "Oh, my, what is that heavenly smell?" "Scones." "I have never smelled anything as heavenly as this." "Wait 'til you taste them."  (So...Good Talk)

(edited)

Caesar's Caesar salad.

50,000 broccoli tarts

Sookie's entire menu for that childrens birthday party

And because we are talking food, just have to throw in a favorite exchange:

EMILY: Yes. How is your Caesar salad dressing prepared?

LUKE: I’ll have to call Paul Newman and ask him.

Edited by Kohola3
  • LOL 1

2.  Lorelai makes Luke make her dinner after Liz brags about all the fancy food he likes to cook.  "Man, something smells crazy good in here. Oh my G-d, what are you making?" "Lamb and artichoke stew, penne with pesto and potatoes, roasted garlic with rosemary focaccia, tomatoes stuffed with bread crumbs and goat cheese, and ricotta cheesecake with Amaretto cookies to go with your coffee." "You're the perfect man." "Thank you." "I used to think it was Kelsey Grammer, but it's not. It's you." "Finally, I'm one-upping Grammer."  (The Party's Over)

3.  Caesar has gained more confidence cooking at Luke's.  "Chilaquiles, huh?" "Chilaquiles." "People went nuts for them. Mr. And Mrs. Fiss said they want them every morning now. Who knew? I didn't even think we'd sell one of them." "Well it was all Caesar -- his idea, his recipe, his refusal to take no for an answer." "Hey, Caesar. Chilaquiles!" "Chilaquiles!"  (Lorelai? Lorelai?)

4.  Emily is in charge of Rory's 21st birthday party.  "A chocolate praline crunch cake. A chocolate praline crunch cake completely covered with pearls. Ah, to be 21 again."  (21 is the Loneliest Number)

5.  Sookie temporarily takes over Luke's diner when the Independence Inn burns down.  "Hey, we making the Cajun Eggs Benedict again?" "I don't know, we could." "Let's do it, it was good." "Well, the Cajun was all your doing." "Only because I knocked the cayenne pepper into your hollandaise." "Hey, how do you think they invented the Reese's cup and penicillin, my friend? We can win the Nobel here."  (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

6.  Richard has to come to the Dragonfly to help Lorelai with an insurance claim.  "Oh, my, what is that heavenly smell?" "Scones." "I have never smelled anything as heavenly as this." "Wait 'til you taste them."  (So...Good Talk)

7.  Caesar wants to add a new salad to the menu.  "Onion, guacamole, a little red pepper over butter lettuce and endive -- it could be a big seller." "But, Caesar, it's not the salad. The salad looks delicious. It's what you're calling it." "Caesar's salad." "Right." "So?" "There's already a Caesar salad. It's kind of famous." "That's Caesar salad. Mine's got an apostrophe-S."  (A Messenger, Nothing More)

8.  Sookie made, and has to throw out, a bunch of broccoli tarts when Emily has to cancel the launch party she planned.  "I have something I have to do. I'll be back in a little while. And have these damn tarts out of here by the time I get home!" "Grab a fork."  (An Affair to Remember)

9.  Sookie doesn't quite get the idea of a children's menu for a children's birthday party.  "You made brie." "Oh. With lavender honey and, uh, bourbon-sugared pecans. I thought it would go nicely with the crudités platter." "Please tell me you made food for the kids." "I did make food for the kids." "These kids, not the Romanov kids." ..... "So, uh, what do we have here?" "A little lemon-garlic aioli for the blanched veggies." "Oh, great." "You think I should put the assorted charcuteries on this table or this one?" ..... "What is that?" "It's macaroni and cheese." "It's green. Why is it green?" "Because I made it with a jalapeno-chipotle cream sauce." ..... "Is that the cake?" "Of course it's the cake. You think I would go to a birthday party without a cake?" "What kind of cake is it, Sookie?" "Chocolate. With a rum-raisin, tropical-fruit ganache."  (The Hobbit, the Sofa, and Digger Stiles)

7.  Caesar wants to add a new salad to the menu.  "Onion, guacamole, a little red pepper over butter lettuce and endive -- it could be a big seller." "But, Caesar, it's not the salad. The salad looks delicious. It's what you're calling it." "Caesar's salad." "Right." "So?" "There's already a Caesar salad. It's kind of famous." "That's Caesar salad. Mine's got an apostrophe-S."  (A Messenger, Nothing More)

8.  Sookie made, and has to throw out, a bunch of broccoli tarts when Emily has to cancel the launch party she planned.  "I have something I have to do. I'll be back in a little while. And have these damn tarts out of here by the time I get home!" "Grab a fork."  (An Affair to Remember)

9.  Sookie doesn't quite get the idea of a children's menu for a children's birthday party.  "You made brie." "Oh. With lavender honey and, uh, bourbon-sugared pecans. I thought it would go nicely with the crudités platter." "Please tell me you made food for the kids." "I did make food for the kids." "These kids, not the Romanov kids." ..... "So, uh, what do we have here?" "A little lemon-garlic aioli for the blanched veggies." "Oh, great." "You think I should put the assorted charcuteries on this table or this one?" ..... "What is that?" "It's macaroni and cheese." "It's green. Why is it green?" "Because I made it with a jalapeno-chipotle cream sauce." ..... "Is that the cake?" "Of course it's the cake. You think I would go to a birthday party without a cake?" "What kind of cake is it, Sookie?" "Chocolate. With a rum-raisin, tropical-fruit ganache."  (The Hobbit, the Sofa, and Digger Stiles)

10.  Richard is inconsolable after Trix's death.  "Sookie, do you have any idea what turtleneck soup could be?" "You mean mock turtle soup?" "Mom, do you think he means mock turtle soup?" "Maybe that's what he said. Is there such a thing?"  (The Reigning Lorelai)

11.  Lorelai and Rory sample wedding cakes at Weston's.  "Um, can I ask you an ethical question?" "Mmm." "Is it right to be sampling wedding cakes when Sookie's making ours for free?" "What is right anyway, you know? Who defines right? And if eating cake is wrong, I don't want to be right." "I'm bringing out a mocha crunch cream!" "So, ethics?" "Highly subjective and completely overrated."  (Red Light on the Wedding Night)

12.  Sookie prepares an elaborate 19th century feast.  "We're talking seven courses here. Soup, fish, Peacock Pie, the Baron of Beef, the salad, then the Plum Pudding and the Wassail."  (Bracebridge Dinner)

13.  Rory sips on a cup of Funky Monkey while she packs up after her first year at Yale.  "Everyone poured all the alcohol they had left into a bowl and that's what's in the cup. Tastes gross, but does the trick."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

14.  Lorelai asks Sookie to bring over some food because she's expecting her parents.  Sookie misunderstands and thinks Lorelai wants junk food because she's pregnant.  "Okay, the mini hot dogs can be bratwurst. The mac and cheese can be Pasta la Sookie. And, presto, the taquitos are blinis." "And the chili fries?" "Are....chili fries." "Right."  (I'm Okay, You're Okay)

The FND with escargot that Lorelai claims are still alive.

The pink cocktail at the 21st birthday party.

Sookie's duck with double strained sauce, supervised from afar while on bed rest.

Awww, I'm glad you guys like it. This is gonna be fun! 

"World's" biggest pizza. 

Dessert sushi. 

The marzipan Emily brings the girls. 

Jackson's deep fried turkey. 

Wasabi bites 

Sookie's goat cheese pretzel basket (and all that came inside of it).

The magic risotto. 

The extra chocolate brownies Luke accidentally made Lorelai. 

Weston's candy cane coffee. 

This game is making me crazy hungry.  Anyone got any more faves they want to add before we start voting?

10.  Richard is inconsolable after Trix's death.  "Sookie, do you have any idea what turtleneck soup could be?" "You mean mock turtle soup?" "Mom, do you think he means mock turtle soup?" "Maybe that's what he said. Is there such a thing?"  (The Reigning Lorelai)

11.  Lorelai and Rory sample wedding cakes at Weston's.  "Um, can I ask you an ethical question?" "Mmm." "Is it right to be sampling wedding cakes when Sookie's making ours for free?" "What is right anyway, you know? Who defines right? And if eating cake is wrong, I don't want to be right." "I'm bringing out a mocha crunch cream!" "So, ethics?" "Highly subjective and completely overrated."  (Red Light on the Wedding Night)

12.  Sookie prepares an elaborate 19th century feast.  "We're talking seven courses here. Soup, fish, Peacock Pie, the Baron of Beef, the salad, then the Plum Pudding and the Wassail."  (Bracebridge Dinner)

13.  Rory sips on a cup of Funky Monkey while she packs up after her first year at Yale.  "Everyone poured all the alcohol they had left into a bowl and that's what's in the cup. Tastes gross, but does the trick."  (Last Week Fights, This Week Tights)

14.  Lorelai asks Sookie to bring over some food because she's expecting her parents.  Sookie misunderstands and thinks Lorelai wants junk food because she's pregnant.  "Okay, the mini hot dogs can be bratwurst. The mac and cheese can be Pasta la Sookie. And, presto, the taquitos are blinis." "And the chili fries?" "Are....chili fries." "Right."  (I'm Okay, You're Okay)

15.  The Gilmores serve escargot.  Lorelai is not impressed.  "They taste like garlic and butter."  "Don't say 'they'. Food should not have pronouns."  (The Reigning Lorelai)

16.  Emily serves custom drinks - The Rory - at Rory's 21st birthday party.  "It's like drinking a My Little Pony."  (21 is the Loneliest Number)

17.  Luke takes over the Dragonfly's kitchen while Sookie is on bedrest.  "The duck sauce. Are you straining it?" "Yes." "Twice?" "No." "Oh, well. It's really best if you strain it twice. It makes it really smooth." "People seem to be liking the sauce, Sookie." "Well, sure, when you don't know what you're missing, then...."  (But I'm a Gilmore!)

18.  Rory has Pete's Pizza make Lorelai the World's Biggest Pizza - sort of - for her birthday.  "The thing’s a hazard, babe." "Pete, did it ever occur to you that the problem may not be the pizza, it may be Kirk?"  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

19.  The girls make dessert sushi as a consolation for Rory not getting to travel to Asia with Logan.  "You are honestly asserting that you like the tootsie-roll marshmallow twizzler roll better than the butterfinger junior mint chocolate chip jujube roll?" "Hey, call me crazy. I don't think butterfingers go with jujubes." "The limitations of your palate astound me."  (That's What You Get, Folks, for Makin' Whoopee)

20.  The Gilmores bring back the finest marzipan in all of Europe, made by cloistered nuns.  "Those nuns kick you-know-what."  (The Nanny & the Professor)

21.  Jackson horrifies Sookie by deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.  "A couple of days ago, Jackson asked me if he could cook the turkey. I thought he was gonna roast it, stick a couple of onions around it, something simple. So I said yes, figuring that the minute he put it in the oven and leaves the kitchen, I can sneak in and give it a nice herb-butter rub and stuff it with a pancetta-chestnut stuffing." "Sure, ‘cause he’d never notice that." "Exactly! Then the propane tank arrived, and the industrial burner, and the fifteen gallons of peanut oil. Then he springs it on me – ‘I’m gonna deep-fry a turkey!'" "Deep-fried turkey." "Interesting." "I tried to talk him out of it, but I’d already promised and now he’s excited about it."  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

22.  Marty eats a handful of wasabi bites during the doomed Marx Brothers marathon with Rory.  "You in a little bit of pain there?" "Uh-huh. Much, much more than a little!" "Well, don’t worry. Your mouth will get numb in about a minute." "I’m really looking forward to that."  (Jews & Chinese Food)

23.  Sookie puts together her basket for the Bid-a-Basket fundraiser event.  "I made four kinds of pesto and three different desserts. Plus the entire basket is an edible pretzel with a goat cheese filling."  (A'Tisket A'Tasket)

24.  The food critic isn't impressed with Sookie's risotto.  "I mean, you know about this risotto. I mean, on my mother’s deathbed --" "You made the risotto and she lived three more years." "She was supposed to be dead. The doctor said she wouldn’t make it through the night." "And she lived because of the risotto. The magic risotto." "And this guy had the nerve to say it was ‘fine’."  (The Deer Hunters)

25.  Luke bribes Lorelai with brownies to get her to agree to let Rory tutor Jess.  "Well, I accidentally dropped triple the amount of cocoa powder in the batter so I either had to dump the batch or find someone with some sort of superhuman chocolate tolerance – only one name came to mind." "G-d, I love being special."  (Teach Me Tonight)

26.  Lorelai and Rory tell Christopher about their Christmas traditions.  "Oh, we always go to Weston's for a cup of holiday candy-cane coffee, which is so delicious." "Delicious. And we bake cookies." "You bake?" "Well we put on Christmas music, drink eggnog, and pretend to bake the cookies we bought from Weston's."  (Santa's Secret Stuff)

27.  Lorelai calls Sookie to tell her the wedding is off.  Sookie starts carving up the cake she was almost finished with and handing out slices.  "You were a good cake, Clyde. I never should've named you."  (Road Trip to Harvard)

28.  The girls are upset Luke changed his menus.  "Did you take off the Monte Cristo sandwich?" "Well, I –" "No!" "You did, you took off the Monte Cristo sandwich." "I omitted a few obsolete dishes." "I can’t believe Nicole made you take off the Monte Cristo. She’s got you menu-whipped."  (The Big One)

29.  Luke's got time to make a few fancier dishes since he hired Brennan to help at the diner.  "I'm making pumpkin pancakes and it comes with homemade cinnamon butter." "You made cinnamon butter?" "This morning." "Wow. I bet the other people who would love a table right now but can't have one 'cause they're all taken would love pumpkin pancakes with homemade cinnamon butter."  (Ted Koppel's Big Night Out)

30.  Jackson can't get Sookie any strawberries so she makes blueberry shortcake for the DoubleMint Twins' wedding.  Lorelai takes some to FND.  "You brought us used dessert?" "It's not used. It's left over." "How nice. I'll just put it in the kitchen next to my half-empty box of Cheer."  (Kill Me Now)

31.  Lorelai orders the special omelet to make Luke crazy.  "I’m gonna go with the special omelet." "Okay." "With a side of bacon." "There’s bacon in the omelet." "Oh, then skip the bacon." "The side of bacon?" "The bacon in the omelet." "Hold the bacon." "Can I get Jack cheese?" "On the side?" "Instead of Swiss, Swiss is so stringy." "Fine, Jack cheese." "Also, I think I’m allergic to oregano so hold that, too, and some coffee." "So, just the eggs, tomatoes, and Jack cheese." "Not too many tomatoes." "Light on the tomatoes." "Very light, just a teeny-tiny amount, practically none." "I’m skipping the tomatoes. It’s an omelet with Jack cheese." "Perfect."  (Back in the Saddle Again)

3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Taryn74 let me just say that your summaries are the best part of this game!

Aw, thanks! I think it adds a lot to have quotes and a brief bit about the scene.  Many of these I wouldn't even remember well enough to vote otherwise. LOL

I'm adding one more even though I don't like the scene as much (because, Max) because I want some of Luke's blueberry pancakes in the worst way!!!  Let's start voting.  Three to start.

* Vote AGAINST the ones you would LEAST like to try.

15.  The Gilmores serve escargot.  Lorelai is not impressed.  "They taste like garlic and butter."  "Don't say 'they'. Food should not have pronouns."  (The Reigning Lorelai)

16.  Emily serves custom drinks - The Rory - at Rory's 21st birthday party.  "It's like drinking a My Little Pony."  (21 is the Loneliest Number)

17.  Luke takes over the Dragonfly's kitchen while Sookie is on bedrest.  "The duck sauce. Are you straining it?" "Yes." "Twice?" "No." "Oh, well. It's really best if you strain it twice. It makes it really smooth." "People seem to be liking the sauce, Sookie." "Well, sure, when you don't know what you're missing, then...."  (But I'm a Gilmore!)

18.  Rory has Pete's Pizza make Lorelai the World's Biggest Pizza - sort of - for her birthday.  "The thing’s a hazard, babe." "Pete, did it ever occur to you that the problem may not be the pizza, it may be Kirk?"  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

19.  The girls make dessert sushi as a consolation for Rory not getting to travel to Asia with Logan.  "You are honestly asserting that you like the tootsie-roll marshmallow twizzler roll better than the butterfinger junior mint chocolate chip jujube roll?" "Hey, call me crazy. I don't think butterfingers go with jujubes." "The limitations of your palate astound me."  (That's What You Get, Folks, for Makin' Whoopee)

20.  The Gilmores bring back the finest marzipan in all of Europe, made by cloistered nuns.  "Those nuns kick you-know-what."  (The Nanny & the Professor)

21.  Jackson horrifies Sookie by deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.  "A couple of days ago, Jackson asked me if he could cook the turkey. I thought he was gonna roast it, stick a couple of onions around it, something simple. So I said yes, figuring that the minute he put it in the oven and leaves the kitchen, I can sneak in and give it a nice herb-butter rub and stuff it with a pancetta-chestnut stuffing." "Sure, ‘cause he’d never notice that." "Exactly! Then the propane tank arrived, and the industrial burner, and the fifteen gallons of peanut oil. Then he springs it on me – ‘I’m gonna deep-fry a turkey!'" "Deep-fried turkey." "Interesting." "I tried to talk him out of it, but I’d already promised and now he’s excited about it."  (A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving)

22.  Marty eats a handful of wasabi bites during the doomed Marx Brothers marathon with Rory.  "You in a little bit of pain there?" "Uh-huh. Much, much more than a little!" "Well, don’t worry. Your mouth will get numb in about a minute." "I’m really looking forward to that."  (Jews & Chinese Food)

23.  Sookie puts together her basket for the Bid-a-Basket fundraiser event.  "I made four kinds of pesto and three different desserts. Plus the entire basket is an edible pretzel with a goat cheese filling."  (A'Tisket A'Tasket)

24.  The food critic isn't impressed with Sookie's risotto.  "I mean, you know about this risotto. I mean, on my mother’s deathbed --" "You made the risotto and she lived three more years." "She was supposed to be dead. The doctor said she wouldn’t make it through the night." "And she lived because of the risotto. The magic risotto." "And this guy had the nerve to say it was ‘fine’."  (The Deer Hunters)

25.  Luke bribes Lorelai with brownies to get her to agree to let Rory tutor Jess.  "Well, I accidentally dropped triple the amount of cocoa powder in the batter so I either had to dump the batch or find someone with some sort of superhuman chocolate tolerance – only one name came to mind." "G-d, I love being special."  (Teach Me Tonight)

26.  Lorelai and Rory tell Christopher about their Christmas traditions.  "Oh, we always go to Weston's for a cup of holiday candy-cane coffee, which is so delicious." "Delicious. And we bake cookies." "You bake?" "Well we put on Christmas music, drink eggnog, and pretend to bake the cookies we bought from Weston's."  (Santa's Secret Stuff)

27.  Lorelai calls Sookie to tell her the wedding is off.  Sookie starts carving up the cake she was almost finished with and handing out slices.  "You were a good cake, Clyde. I never should've named you."  (Road Trip to Harvard)

28.  The girls are upset Luke changed his menus.  "Did you take off the Monte Cristo sandwich?" "Well, I –" "No!" "You did, you took off the Monte Cristo sandwich." "I omitted a few obsolete dishes." "I can’t believe Nicole made you take off the Monte Cristo. She’s got you menu-whipped."  (The Big One)

29.  Luke's got time to make a few fancier dishes since he hired Brennan to help at the diner.  "I'm making pumpkin pancakes and it comes with homemade cinnamon butter." "You made cinnamon butter?" "This morning." "Wow. I bet the other people who would love a table right now but can't have one 'cause they're all taken would love pumpkin pancakes with homemade cinnamon butter."  (Ted Koppel's Big Night Out)

30.  Jackson can't get Sookie any strawberries so she makes blueberry shortcake for the DoubleMint Twins' wedding.  Lorelai takes some to FND.  "You brought us used dessert?" "It's not used. It's left over." "How nice. I'll just put it in the kitchen next to my half-empty box of Cheer."  (Kill Me Now)

31.  Lorelai orders the special omelet to make Luke crazy.  "I’m gonna go with the special omelet." "Okay." "With a side of bacon." "There’s bacon in the omelet." "Oh, then skip the bacon." "The side of bacon?" "The bacon in the omelet." "Hold the bacon." "Can I get Jack cheese?" "On the side?" "Instead of Swiss, Swiss is so stringy." "Fine, Jack cheese." "Also, I think I’m allergic to oregano so hold that, too, and some coffee." "So, just the eggs, tomatoes, and Jack cheese." "Not too many tomatoes." "Light on the tomatoes." "Very light, just a teeny-tiny amount, practically none." "I’m skipping the tomatoes. It’s an omelet with Jack cheese." "Perfect."  (Back in the Saddle Again)

32.  Max goes to Luke's with Lorelai and Rory.  "I've got the blueberry pancakes this morning." "Bring 'em." "Bring 'em twice." (Red Light on the Wedding Night)

Edited by Taryn74
29 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Wait, just to be clear.  We are voting against the ones we would LEAST like to try, correct?  So that we end up with the tastiest one?

That's how I'm doing it. Voting off the ones I wouldn't want to try.

10- No turtle soup for me.

13- No thank you to random alcohol.

15- I've tried escargot and it wasn't bad but it was made in a lovely cream sauce and Lorelai's didn't look like that.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Wait, just to be clear.  We are voting against the ones we would LEAST like to try, correct?  So that we end up with the tastiest one?

Yes, that's the idea!  I edited the post just now to add that note.

Edited by Taryn74
10 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

10- No turtle soup for me.

13- No thank you to random alcohol.

15- I've tried escargot and it wasn't bad but it was made in a lovely cream sauce and Lorelai's didn't look like that.

I'm going with those as well although I have never tried escargot.  And never plan to.

• LOL 1

Ha ha ha what ironic timing, one of the ladies I "work" with (I work from home) just bought some Guide to Gilmore Girls Eating cookbook and made the jalapeno-chipotle mac n cheese and dessert sushi today!  Her IG story about it is hilarious!

10 - I think mock turtle soup is just made with chicken, isn't it? I need to go look up a recipe now. Speaking of 'mock' foods, I remember mock apple pie was a thing when I was a kid. The "apples" were actually Ritz crackers. Um, why?? I have no idea.

13 - Yeah, no. Really sounds disgusting and why would you want to be drinking as you're packing up and about to drive home from school? I can understand at a end-of-year party, but that was just weird.

15 - I don't care how much garlic and butter it tastes like, I have no reason to ever eat a snail. Ever.

Still voting against three!  * Vote AGAINST the ones you would LEAST like to try.

32.  Max goes to Luke's with Lorelai and Rory.  "I've got the blueberry pancakes this morning." "Bring 'em." "Bring 'em twice." (Red Light on the Wedding Night)