Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

So in watching the marathon of last season, there was a fair amount of discussion about Allie's figure when she came in for her fitting that I had forgotten about.  And when they did the cameo shoot, there was only one pose that really worked for her.  If she came in "not looking her best," as Kelli and Jay have been known to say, I suspect that was likely the reason for her cut. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

So in watching the marathon of last season, there was a fair amount of discussion about Allie's figure when she came in for her fitting that I had forgotten about.  And when they did the cameo shoot, there was only one pose that really worked for her.  If she came in "not looking her best," as Kelli and Jay have been known to say, I suspect that was likely the reason for her cut. 

THANK you. I binged the marathon today and I was like, wow, Allie came in looking questionable. I guess she wasn't a standout for me ever, so I forgot about her. I'm never sorry to see someone as sad as she must have been, but I was not sorry to see her go. She was not DCC material as she was.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

My husband watched with me and said she is square like a minute before Kelli did haha. She is square but Milan is and a few others are too

• Love 6
(edited)

My husband watched with me and said she is square like a minute before Kelli did haha

#relationshipgoals

Oh man, Kelli is NOT A FAN of the "square" girls.  She really wants that hourglass shape with the tiny waist. 

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Hate on me, I had makeup on for my c section and plan to again. Booooom. I had my hair curled too. Looked fabulous. But I was shaking like a crackhead so they put a washcloth on my forehead

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

Moving to small talk

Edited by missmansfield
Mod comment
4 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Molly and Brianna both had Insta stories flying back to Dallas yesterday so I guess they're still Ok.  

That leaves Taryn and Brennan. 

Time to stalk social media for any hint possible lol

4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Not another blonde...

Wait so does that mean Molly :( feel free to message me. I live in SC and have no personal connection to any one DCC. 

15 minutes ago, mittensgizmo said:

Time to stalk social media for any hint possible lol

Wait so does that mean Molly :( feel free to message me. I live in SC and have no personal connection to any one DCC. 

No, not Molly! 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

No, not Molly! 

Oh good! I like Molly. So that leaves Brianna. 2nd Barbie rookie this year. :( Like someone said a few weeks back sometimes the best studio trained dances have a hard time adapting due to the amount of dances. Compared to Pom team dancers in college and high school who are used to learning multiple dances at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, mittensgizmo said:

Oh good! I like Molly. So that leaves Brianna. 2nd Barbie rookie this year. :( Like someone said a few weeks back sometimes the best studio trained dances have a hard time adapting due to the amount of dances. Compared to Pom team dancers in college and high school who are used to learning multiple dances at the same time. 

It's turning into such an interesting summer...two vets with weight watch/warning make SG (one of which was one of the lowest scoring vets to make TC), two out of the three rookies with barbies are cut, and Amy L who is a GL2 and barbie winner doesn't make show group (and yes, she might have said she didn't want to do it but a recent tweet from Sarah Gourley makes me wonder...)...anyway, leave it to Kelli to throw us a bunch of curveballs! LOL 

But yes, I think it shows how studio training is sooo different than what the girls who did pom team come in with. 

• Love 4

Hey guys....I just returned home from spending time with my 87 year old dad for the holidays...i was focused on him:) I wanted to share this photo showing how Bri does indeed have a beautiful smile. She had such an amazing time with her new friends she made in training camp. I will always defend her because she left her home at the young age of 18 and travelled to Texas to pursue her dream of dance. You will all see in August when the show airs what a wonderful impression she made and who knows you just may see her again in the future;) I really appreciate @LaurenBrook @GingerJ and @mcmrdh always being so kind. 

• Love 10
Just now, Rosiemac said:

Hey guys....I just returned home from spending time with my 87 year old dad for the holidays...i was focused on him:) I wanted to share this photo showing how Bri does indeed have a beautiful smile. She had such an amazing time with her new friends she made in training camp. I will always defend her because she left her home at the young age of 18 and travelled to Texas to pursue her dream of dance. You will all see in August when the show airs what a wonderful impression she made and who knows you just may see her again in the future;) I really appreciate @LaurenBrook @GingerJ and @mcmrdh always being so kind. 

I LOVE that picture of her!!! 

I didn't hear anything negative about why she was cut...not like a drama thing, etc.  Just needing some more experience in the style, along that line. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

It's turning into such an interesting summer...two vets with weight watch/warning make SG (one of which was one of the lowest scoring vets to make TC), two out of the three rookies with barbies are cut, and Amy L who is a GL2 and barbie winner doesn't make show group (and yes, she might have said she didn't want to do it but a recent tweet from Sarah Gourley makes me wonder...)...anyway, leave it to Kelli to throw us a bunch of curveballs! LOL 

But yes, I think it shows how studio training is sooo different than what the girls who did pom team come in with. 

I'm still confused on how Tasha made SG unless she has worked super hard the past month to make up for her audition performance. I love Amy L and think she is super fun to watch.

I'm super excited to watch the show to see how it all happened. They seem like a wonderful group of rookies who just need more experience with the style of dance and learning multiple routines at one time. It will come in time and I think we will see many of these girls return in the future. 

• Love 1

Is there video of Tasha's audition performance (this year or last year) anywhere?

I hope this Brianna makes it back. She was my fave TCC. Probably just really young. She's gorgeous and I thought she has a great dancer. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Rosie is she related to you? Just wondering how you know her. She is indeed LOVELY! :-)

Just now, QuiteCalM said:

Rosie is she related to you? Just wondering how you know her. She is indeed LOVELY! :-)

She is the daughter of a good friend of mine. I have been following her for years. She is a really sweet girl. I am bummed she won't be on the squad but she still is young and is starting college in the fall. I am amazed at how talented and dedicated these women are. I had never really followed them on social media before, but they always are on the go!!!

• Love 9
Just now, Rosiemac said:

She is the daughter of a good friend of mine. I have been following her for years. She is a really sweet girl. I am bummed she won't be on the squad but she still is young and is starting college in the fall. I am amazed at how talented and dedicated these women are. I had never really followed them on social media before, but they always are on the go!!!

Ah gotcha. Missed that part. Well, she is SO YOUNG! Maybe she'll come back with a fresh outlook? I have no idea why she was cut but sometimes when you're that young you just have to gain a little maturity. Or if it's dance, she can focus and come back strong. At any rate, she's a stunner. No way she was cut for her looks!!

• Love 4

I def don't think it was for looks! 

Brennan and Celinda are two i'm curious about, as our 'comeback girls'.  I like them both fine but neither stood out a lot to me last year so just wondering if they've actually improved enough to make it?? oh and christina, of course. 

Rachel is the one i keep forgetting exists.  

• Love 6

So there is approximately 5 more cuts 

The remaining girls are: Alexandria, Alexis, Brennan, Celinda, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Tara, Taryn, Keyra

If you subtract the ones who made show group, you have Alexandria, Alexis, Brennan, Celinda, Christina, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Tara, Taryn, Keyra 

My thoughts on possible cuts

Taryn - I just find her to be a sloppy dancer:(

Keyra - She definitely seems close to a lot of vets but her height scares me. I wonder how she looked in the uniform! 

Miranda 

Celinda - I just don't think her look screams DCC

Lexie - ONLY because of her shape. I think she's a fantastic dancer and definitely gorgeous. But she has a short torso and more square and it scares me seeing how other girls have panned out

Christina - If kicks are still low

1 minute ago, dccfan37 said:

So there is approximately 5 more cuts 

The remaining girls are: Alexandria, Alexis, Brennan, Celinda, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Tara, Taryn, Keyra

If you subtract the ones who made show group, you have Alexandria, Alexis, Brennan, Celinda, Christina, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Tara, Taryn, Keyra 

My thoughts on possible cuts

Taryn - I just find her to be a sloppy dancer:(

Keyra - She definitely seems close to a lot of vets but her height scares me. I wonder how she looked in the uniform! 

Miranda 

Celinda - I just don't think her look screams DCC

Lexie - ONLY because of her shape. I think she's a fantastic dancer and definitely gorgeous. But she has a short torso and more square and it scares me seeing how other girls have panned out

Christina - If kicks are still low

I really hope both DMD girls make it! i see what you mean with Lexie but goodness, she is so pretty.  

I think Savannah is such a unique beauty, i hope she makes it.  Tara's video on prodancecheer was so cute and i like Taryn a lot too from what i've seen (i haven't seen much of her dancing).  I hear really wonderful things about Alexandria - like her maturity in personality and dance, plus pro cheer experience but she got called out for not being glam enough (stringy hair when dancing? lol) so i dunno what they think of her. 

Keyra and Molly are both so pretty but other than that i don't know too much. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I really hope both DMD girls make it! i see what you mean with Lexie but goodness, she is so pretty.  

I think Savannah is such a unique beauty, i hope she makes it.  Tara's video on prodancecheer was so cute and i like Taryn a lot too from what i've seen (i haven't seen much of her dancing).  I hear really wonderful things about Alexandria - like her maturity in personality and dance, plus pro cheer experience but she got called out for not being glam enough (stringy hair when dancing? lol) so i dunno what they think of her. 

Keyra and Molly are both so pretty but other than that i don't know too much. 

I am definitely rooting for both DMD girls and savvy and Tara. They are all definitely by far my favorites

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Molly (she was already close friends with Maggie, cheered for Oregon): 

https://www.instagram.com/mollyneumeister/

Molly is a first grade teacher!!!  omg - America's Sweetheart indeed.

I hope it wasn't Brennan.  that would suck to be brought back and then leave earlier than the year before.

I was hoping that uni-boob (sorry i cannot remember her name, Miranda maybe?)would get cut because  her top doesn't work well in the uniform...  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

For the record, no one, myself included, ever said Brianna isn't beautiful or doesn't have a beautiful smile. All I said was that her Instagram doesn't show her smiling with her teeth that much. I was actually really rooting for Brianna. She was one of my favorite TCCs. The comment about smiling was really just a passing observation, as we've seen girls in the past (Ika Irene) who got ripped to shreds during camp for not smiling enough. I think the closed-mouth smile is more just a thing girls do on Instagram these days because it looks more flirty or coy or something, so it probably doesn't even apply to her dancing, but she has very little out there in the way of dancing vids so it's hard to say. Anyway, I'm sad that she was cut and I hope that she returns with a little more power pom experience under her belt.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Tootie said:

Since cameos were today, surely somebody "didn't look good in the uniform" so there will probably be a cut tomorrow  :(

i think miranda has been dragged enough for her boob job so i won't say much more on it except i DO wonder how she looked in the uniform for cameos.  she's one of the only ones i can see maybe some sort of 'look' issue...i can't think of any rookies who are questionable with weight or shape?? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

i think miranda has been dragged enough for her boob job so i won't say much more on it except i DO wonder how she looked in the uniform for cameos.  she's one of the only ones i can see maybe some sort of 'look' issue...i can't think of any rookies who are questionable with weight or shape?? 

I am concerned about Keira's height and more athletic shape. I think she is adorbs and has a beautiful face but I just know from the past the TCCs that are as short as her usually get the " The boots took up half the leg" from Kellie.

• Love 3
(edited)

Jessika and Milan have always been "boxy" to me but we've never heard Kelli comment on it like Ally so I wonder what's up there. And if Stephanie and Tasha are on weight warning were they allowed to shoot yesterday? 

Edited by HowdeeDo
5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Jessika and Milan have always been "boxy" to me but we've never heard Kelli comment on it like Ally so I wonder what's up there. And if Stephanie and Tasha are on weight warning were they allowed to shoot yesterday? 

Hm...didn't even think about that.  Stephanie's last tweet was yesterday saying "goodbye for now Wisconsin!" Is it possible she flew back yesterday and went straight to cameos? Tasha was in Vegas with her family over the holiday weekend but I think she was back to Dallas in time. 

She certainly looks fit from Tuesday's pic lol:

12 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Oh wow, she is a beauty! This picture shows more personality, she really looks like she's the total package. Hope she goes back to audition next year! 

10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Hm...didn't even think about that.  Stephanie's last tweet was yesterday saying "goodbye for now Wisconsin!" Is it possible she flew back yesterday and went straight to cameos? Tasha was in Vegas with her family over the holiday weekend but I think she was back to Dallas in time. 

She certainly looks fit from Tuesday's pic lol:

Yes I don't see any weight to warn her about!

13 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

oh man, this makes me so sad. Hold your head up girl, you have a bright future for sure! @rosiemac Thank you for the update

• Love 2

The things on the crotch of the practice shorts are supposed to resemble the laces on football pants I think