Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Cheerio34 said:

TBH I'm not a huge Holly fan and wouldn't be upset if she isn't on the team anymore. How many times do we see the girls do turns and leaps at the football games? Literally never. Only at showgroup auditions and solos. 

There are PLENTY of other talented, hardworking, and gorgeous girls who would do anything to be a DCC. 

I am a Holly fan, but I agree that we hardly ever see the DCC talent.  I have fun watching the show.  I pull for the TCC candidates and I like to see how hard they work.  The show never really shows the vets after their TCC tryouts until a little bit last year.  I remember McKenzie making the team and then we never really saw her again on the show.  The show is about making the team.  They are not celebrities and when the Cowboys are broadcast on tv we are lucky to even see a total of 10 secs of the cheerleaders for the entire game.  The are just a backdrop to the home games & you can get their autograph at a supermarket.  You see their routines on Facebook & Instagram only.  I sense no loyalty to the cheerleaders, if K&J want you out so be it.  When cutting vets during MTT, I wish it was done privately,  instead of making them sit there and realize they are probably not going to hear their name.  Holly probably got mad that they were giving her grief about being seen out or something and said bye-bye.  (Just speculation). I am traveling tonight and will miss the show until I am back home.  Have fun everyone!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dancer88 said:

So were are sitting here, condemning a young woman while forgiving every man in this organization should he do something horrible to another woman.

Maybe it's because you're new to the board (welcome, BTW!), but I can honestly say in all the time I have posted on this and the Television Without Pity board,  I have never seen any posts that forgives a man for doing horrible things to a woman. 

• Love 17
19 hours ago, kalibean said:

Holly's own Instagram still features her DCC pic and DCC in her title. Let's not get all crazy about a fire when we barely have any smoke. 

If SYTYCD was auditioning I would believe it more. Holly has a show to do! (I need a .gif for this, where is Moni when you need her??)

Gah! I SO dont miss the GIFS.  I HATE those.

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dancer88 said:

In regards to pictures of her at a club, what freak is stalking cheerleaders at some club?

She (or Jenna) posted a picture on Instagram, not a stalker.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Grahamsmom said:

Ok sooo... What if all this holly and Jenna speculation was just started to increase viewer excitement of the show?? Like production decided they may be the most potential "scandalous" girls so decided to have them stay back from the Hof game to train with the rookies and cause all of us to go nuts?

That would be low but nothing would surprise me.

59 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Apples and oranges what's expected from the Cowboys and the cheerleaders, in regards to contracts, job duties, expectations.

I danced for a long time, too, and the college revenue sport or especially pro NFL player's talent IS more valuable than a cheerleader's. Maybe not theoretically if we're strictly artistically speaking, definitely not if we're comparing a human life to a human life. But we're not. This is about being hired for a job, and breaking a contract she signed. (BTW college revenue = football, men's basketball, stuff that brings in donors and sells tickets = more important than any other sport, no matter what the talent level or contribution to society).

DCC willingly agree to not fraternize with players, not be seen without makeup, not drinking/doing drugs, etc. The players don't have to agree to any of that. If she does those things, she SHOULD "expect what [she] gets" in regards to being fired. She wasn't physically abused or sexually assaulted, she chose to drink in bars with players after she agreed not to. She broke the law and she broke her contract. I'm not slut shaming her or saying she can't show any interest in men. I am saying, that according to the rules she chose, she was required to steer clear of a few dozen men who are Dallas Cowboys football players. She chose not to do that. 

The guys don't sign that contract, their duties are not the same, and they don't have the same job expectations. Maybe they should be required to steer clear of the cheerleaders. Now if we had a male DCC and a female DCC, who both broke the same rules, and one was punished and not the other, then I'd agree that it isn't fair, moral, or legal. If she was punished for dating someone totally unrelated to the DCB, that's not right either. But that's not what happened.

Now as for the guys who mistreat women, animals, whatever, they should absolutely be held accountable for their actions. Fire them. Prosecute them. Don't let them get away with abuse of any sort. This abuse if far worse than a college kid drinking in a bar with a football player, and it's horrible that it isn't punished harshly. But Holly's breaking rules, as stupid as those rules are, just isn't comparable.

Bottom line = NOBODY IS EVER AS IMPORTANT AS THE PLAYERS WHO BRING IN THE $$$, and even they are treated like cattle. Kobi beef vs a plain brown heifer, but still cattle.

I also agree that Holly needs to move on where she's appreciated and isn't treated like a child. Maybe she'll pay closer attention to her next contract.

ETA: We don't even know 100% for sure Holly quit, why she may have quit, if she was cut, etc. Girl could have had a come to Jesus moment and decided to be a nun, got pregnant, got a Broadway job, ANYTHING. Maybe all three at the same time. Can she sing? Sister Act, Sound of Music, Nunsense costumes could hide a bump for a long time.  Or, she could still be on the team. I need to simmer down.

THIS MY FRIEND IS EVERYTHING!!! 

• Love 6
Just now, GAgirl said:

@RazzleberryPie I would double like your post if I could. Rules are rules, regardless of how equal they are. You sign, you understand you're going to be held accountable.

If Holly's even truly cut, she'll be fine. She'll move on, hopefully to something where we can still follow her. She's learning a hard lesson, whether this is all rumor or Bible truth, but she's not the first or last person the entertainment industry has chewed up and spit out. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

She (or Jenna) posted a picture on Instagram, not a stalker.

I follow Holly and she had a post of her and Jenna tagged for some concert that night but they were supposedly seen at the bar after midnight so that would have been after the concert.

13 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

THIS would be a great place for a gif

giphy.gif

closest gif  I could find to a pregnant nun on Broadway, LOL 

not even any good pics so sad

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I hope Holly is out.  It will make for fun drama.  I'm sorry but she's trashy.  

I think her persona and Jenna's attitude definitely changed when they started to hang out with each other, maybe catalyst for each other's inner wildchild? Holly used to be in company with Maddie and Kelly's daughter and Jenna under Sydney's wing. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think her persona and Jenna's attitude definitely changed when they started to hang out with each other, maybe catalyst for each other's inner wildchild? Holly used to be in company with Maddie and Kelly's daughter and Jenna under Sydney's wing. 

I seem to remember, thinking Holly was "trouble" or she didn't come across as mature, at times, only because I remember the rumor where Holly text everyone in DCC (the year she made it) bad mouthing the rest of the girls (or thats the "rumor" that I read when on this board, if I remember correctly, if I am wrong on this PLEASE CORRECT ME!!!) when it was meant to be for her mom(? Can't remember who it was meant to be sent to). I would have thought that was "strike one" in K + J's books if that was true.

As for Jenna, I've never been a fan of hers. I thought she was (and this is my opinion) at times a bit of a show off. I agree she is a good dancer and should have "known" better being the "current" most senior DCC and as the only current 6 yr vet (yes I know there was Sydney and Regina(?) who both had 7 and 8 years under their belt and Jenna is just 1yr shy of matching Sydney's 7yr tenure) I would have thought she would be the one that has the most to lose and would be the one setting the highest example to the other DCC even if they are rookier or 2 yr vets etc. I thought she came across a bit like Cassie Trammell, in the sense that (to me Jenna) seem to come across (in some of the things she does e.g. her dress choices at times like at finals or at the DCC Banquet)  thinking "oh I'm going into my 6th yr as a DCC I can do what I want and basically "get away" with it because K + J would "turn a blind eye" and I'll do what I want". I just thought at times she was prob worse than Cassie (in recent months and I know many will "argue" that Cassie was basically got on the squad, in her rookie year, because of Judy and had to work 10x harder than most to proof herself and everyone else, as well as rising above all the criticism). But in my eyes some of the things Jenna done recently made some things Cassie did, look like nothing.

I remember Kitty saying to one of the vets, in a previous season, that just because you are a vet does not mean you can think you are safe (or something to that effect). But I think there was more to what we heard as a rumor of Jenna and Holly being "best friends" with each other to bring out this side of them that DCC does not approve of. I mean did Paige get "sacked" or was she asked to retire, before the season ended, when it came out in public, that she was dating a Cowboys player?  Just asking because if Holly and Jenna did "indeed" been dating a Cowboys player, why was there "one set" of rules for one girl (who at the time was a 3 yr vet - Paige) and then a warning for another etc? I get its favoritism at times ... but still. Maybe this is me confused with it.

• Love 2

I'm not exactly a Holly fan, but the girl is (supposedly) dating people she agreed not to and allegedly goes to bars (even though she's underage it's not a horrible offense IMO), so until I hear that she kicks puppies & gives nuns the finger for fun I'll hold off on calling her trashy.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

I seem to remember, thinking Holly was "trouble" or she didn't come across as mature, at times, only because I remember the rumor where Holly text everyone in DCC (the year she made it) bad mouthing the rest of the girls (or thats the "rumor" that I read when on this board, if I remember correctly, if I am wrong on this PLEASE CORRECT ME!!!) when it was meant to be for her mom(? Can't remember who it was meant to be sent to). I would have thought that was "strike one" in K + J's books if that was true.

From what I remember I think you have this right.  For the record, I never believed this rumor...I can't believe she somehow mixed up "mom" with "DCC" on her contact list.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Apples and oranges what's expected from the Cowboys and the cheerleaders, in regards to contracts, job duties, expectations.

I danced for a long time, too, and the college revenue sport or especially pro NFL player's talent IS more valuable than a cheerleader's. Maybe not theoretically if we're strictly artistically speaking, definitely not if we're comparing a human life to a human life. But we're not. This is about being hired for a job, and breaking a contract she signed. (BTW college revenue = football, men's basketball, stuff that brings in donors and sells tickets = more important than any other sport, no matter what the talent level or contribution to society).

DCC willingly agree to not fraternize with players, not be seen without makeup, not drinking/doing drugs, etc. The players don't have to agree to any of that. If she does those things, she SHOULD "expect what [she] gets" in regards to being fired. She wasn't physically abused or sexually assaulted, she chose to drink in bars with players after she agreed not to. She broke the law and she broke her contract. I'm not slut shaming her or saying she can't show any interest in men. I am saying, that according to the rules she chose, she was required to steer clear of a few dozen men who are Dallas Cowboys football players. She chose not to do that. 

The guys don't sign that contract, their duties are not the same, and they don't have the same job expectations. Maybe they should be required to steer clear of the cheerleaders. Now if we had a male DCC and a female DCC, who both broke the same rules, and one was punished and not the other, then I'd agree that it isn't fair, moral, or legal. If she was punished for dating someone totally unrelated to the DCB, that's not right either. But that's not what happened.

Now as for the guys who mistreat women, animals, whatever, they should absolutely be held accountable for their actions. Fire them. Prosecute them. Don't let them get away with abuse of any sort. This abuse if far worse than a college kid drinking in a bar with a football player, and it's horrible that it isn't punished harshly. But Holly's breaking rules, as stupid as those rules are, just isn't comparable.

Bottom line = NOBODY IS EVER AS IMPORTANT AS THE PLAYERS WHO BRING IN THE $$$, and even they are treated like cattle. Kobi beef vs a plain brown heifer, but still cattle.

I also agree that Holly needs to move on where she's appreciated and isn't treated like a child. Maybe she'll pay closer attention to her next contract.

ETA: We don't even know 100% for sure Holly quit, why she may have quit, if she was cut, etc. Girl could have had a come to Jesus moment and decided to be a nun, got pregnant, got a Broadway job, ANYTHING. Maybe all three at the same time. Can she sing? Sister Act, Sound of Music, Nunsense costumes could hide a bump for a long time.  Or, she could still be on the team. I need to simmer down.

Amen to all of this, and I would just also add that saying "Holly/Jenna/Paige/whoever knew what the rules were" does not equal saying "those rules are great." Personally, I think the non-fraternization rule is dumb and antiquated. However, if they don't want to abide by it, they can ) refuse to sign on or 2) hey can engage in the behavior anyway and hope that they don't get caught - but if they get caught, then they have to take the consequences, whatever those consequences may be. The same goes for any other rule. Holly and Jenna are both phenomenal dancers and beautiful young women. I don't dislike either of them (or anyone else), nor do I think they're bad people because they apparently ran afoul of some rules. However, this is a 3 year vet and a 6 year vet. They know the game, and I'm not going to blame Kelli and Judy for enforcing their rules. Of course, should the real story emerge, and it's shown to be some outrageous behavior by the DCCs towards them, that's different, but I don't have a reason to think that. 

• Love 5

less than an hour til show time!!!!

giphy.gif

all these rumors about Holly have got me

giphy.gif

waiting to see if we ever get an actual answer on what's going on with Jenna and Holly like

giphy.gif

peeking in on the HOF game trying to get a glimpse of the girls there

giphy.gif

wondering how long until we get the squad announcement

giphy.gif

really hoping Christina has her kicks this year and Miranda makes the team too

giphy.gif

seriously feeling like this is my clock this evening

giphy.gif

Edited by twinkietwin94
ETA: bc I forgot to say this post is in honor of Moni that I miss :(
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Piscesmama4 said:

Super long time lurker here, have seen every season... I'm basically dying right now, will this be on Amazon or iTunes tonight???? I don't have cable, so it's my only way to watch it. Last year I preordered season 11 ahead of time and the episodes popped up each week. They have me nervous now that I'll have to wait until the season is over!

Still not preorderable on Amazon ??

3 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

So now we have a whoooole episode on day 1? Will episode 2 only be semis? Episode 3 only be finals? Is this our extended season?

I think they had a lot to get through with star info and extra tidbits. Semis could be shortened but I think they'll stretch it out more. We've got 5 extra episodes this year, so really they're only using one extra than previous seasons on auditions. 

• Love 1