Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Tasha be like... "Sean Spicer?"

On 7/13/2017 at 11:49 AM, California Girl said:

I like Tasha, I really do.  I understand that she must be beyond busy a DCC, a good mom and wife, and a self-employed model and product spokeswoman.  

However no woman should be ignorant (knowledge is power ladies!) and Tasha's response reflects at best a lack of interest and intellectual curiousity about current events.  

On the one hand I am sure a lot of us wish we could so completely detach ourselves from news of world affairs.  (And frankly Sean Spicer himself would probably forgive Tasha as he likely wishes that everyone would forget about him at this point.)

On the other hand, one need only devote themselves to 15 minutes of reading the front section of the newspaper, or Google News, or watching CNN or Fox to know these things.  I have a great suggestion for Tasha, sit with your daughter and read the paper or a book together for 10 minutes a day.  Demonstrate to her that you value the development of mind and body.

I do admire Tasha for subsequently stepping up her effort to make Show Group as an amends for her bad interview.  She has exactly the kind of good looks they love to showcase in Show Group, and I am sure they are happy her talent earned her a spot.

And I do appreciate Kelli sending Tasha and us viewers the clear message, by so prominently posting Tasha's photo and scores on her desk photo, that the DCC organization does not find ignorance pretty.

The gif below also applies to the next post as well

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Looks like Tess, or all star Jessica with a haircut to me... ?‍♀️??‍♂️

IMG_3845.GIF

Edited by Jaxratchet
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/14/2017 at 7:41 AM, LadyMsJay said:

Amy's was an "almost." Something they could show. 

I felt bad for Amy and was really surprised by how long they kept her - I wonder if that was a CMT choice and not a k+J decision....  but I'm glad she ended up with Golden State Warriors... She's cheered for a Championship team.  Can Kelli or Judy say that?  Most of the recent DCCs can't even say that.

I also applaud whenever I hear a woman of power and respect within her community speak up about the importance of education.  I come from a very educated family - and most of the phd's are held by women... I love that the DCC look for women who are well spoken and informed - because, like Kelli says whenever they get ready to show the panel interviews - you just never know who you might be speaking with.  And even with Texas being more conservative, they made a point of calling out the girls who didn't know who Obama was or what he stood for... i don't think it matters so much that they agree with the President (and their staff) - just that the women know who they are.  I mean it was less than 100 years women were even given the right to vote.  Education is power.  The more you know, the more you can stand up for your beliefs and have a thoughtful conversation with someone who might not agree with you - and have your voice, your truth be heard. ...

ok.... i'm stepping down off my soap box.  Thank you Kelli. 

Edited by ahndreeeah
expanded thoughts on later post. easier to combine into one post instead of having multiple.
  • Love 14
(edited)
8 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

And even with Texas being more conservative, they made a point of calling out the girls who didn't know who Obama was or what he stood for... i don't think it matters so much that they agree with the President (and their staff) - just that the women know who they are.

Plus, how can someone even agree/disagree with another's stance if they don't even know what their stance is?  Getting your information from just listening to the opinions of people around you just isn't the same.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

As far as Tasha not know about Sean Spicer, many of the age group that are attracted to DCC do not get their news from TV or even online but tweets or they simply do not watch the news.  As a college professor for many years, I see many who are not informed about what is happening even in their local community unless they make an effort to do so.  I am not sure that I watched much news when I was their age but did so as I got older.  Not excusing that Tasha wasn't well prepared but think it is their age and they really don't know what they should be prepared to answer.

• Love 4

I think political questions for DCC are rediculous anyways.  They are dancing and cheering.  They aren't on quiz bowl or jeopardy.  Some of these answers screwed over DCC who were already on the bubble.  Notably Caila, who was already having issues 

• Love 1
On 7/14/2017 at 5:53 PM, QuiteCalM said:

Ok #legacy, I see you.

She looks crazy to me until the very last few moves that are definitely not dcc style. Then again i'm also not a fan of that kind of choreography.

i think there are only three weeks left to tc right? 

• Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

She looks crazy to me until the very last few moves that are definitely not dcc style. Then again i'm also not a fan of that kind of choreography.

i think there are only three weeks left to tc right? 

Less than two now. Cowboys training camp starts on the 25th(?) and they usually have the team by then. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

I think political questions for DCC are rediculous anyways.  They are dancing and cheering.  They aren't on quiz bowl or jeopardy.  Some of these answers screwed over DCC who were already on the bubble.  Notably Caila, who was already having issues 

IIRC, Caila had posted some pro-Trump messaging on her social media prior to interviews, which made it about 100 times worse in a judge's eyes that she couldn't answer a simple question about his campaign. 

For this particular election, so many of the main players and their staffs are relevant in pop culture too, so it's surprising that a DCC wouldn't know his name. That said, I still think that most political questions during the interview are to see how the candidate reacts in an uncomfortable situation. They get some weird shit happening on appearances and need to show grace under fire. 

Kelli and crew have always made it VERY clear that the ladies need to be up on current events and considering how much of their job is NOT on the sidelines, it's not an unreasonable request. These women do a TON of appearances, including USO activities. 

If they only did sidelines, sure. But they don't. They're at grocery store openings, USO clubs at airports, dinners and events with the Jones family, etc. 

• Love 12

Victoria looks like she just has to mature a bit. Everything about her says "high school" because she is in high school. While I really love the idea of double legacy Victoria/Dayton, we may have to wait a bit. I really do not think Victoria will be able to make the squad for 2018-19 unless her style improves and she hits her moves stronger. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

I've lost track...how many more cuts are we expecting?

There's 40 in TC (last we heard of) so 4 unless they're giving grace to the struggling girls like usual..

I do not get Brennan's appeal, and Taryn looks like Tasha to me. I usually have at least one girl to root for by now in TC, but the last two years the majority of the TC Candidates are too blah for me.

6 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

How do we know who has gotten cut so far? Is there some insider information or  just from reading some TCCs social media accounts?

Insider information and photos from girls being posted while TC is going on 

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not get Brennan's appeal, and Taryn looks like Tasha to me. I usually have at least one girl to root for by now in TC, but the last two years the majority of the TC Candidates are too blah for me.

I think there's quite a few gorgeous TCCs this year. I agree on Brennan and I just don't see Christina as a DCC.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Jaxratchet said:

I don't see them as ridiculous. They are highly visible ambassadors for the Dallas Cowboys organization, which was just named by Forbes last week as the most profitable brand in the NFL.

They are a whole lot more than sidelines dancers, and  underpaid for how much responsibility they have, from what it sounds like on some occasions.

That's a lot of trust to put in a lowly underpaid grunt, so to me the well-rounded ambassador part should matter even more.

Bimbos could do a LOT of damage. I think given how young some of these girls are, they take a lot of chances even on the most polished of them.

25 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

I don't see them as ridiculous. They are highly visible ambassadors for the Dallas Cowboys organization, which was just named by Forbes last week as the most profitable brand in the NFL.

They are a whole lot more than sidelines dancers, and  underpaid for how much responsibility they have, from what it sounds like on some occasions.

That's a lot of trust to put in a lowly underpaid grunt, so to me the well-rounded ambassador part should matter even more.

Bimbos could do a LOT of damage. I think given how young some of these girls are, they take a lot of chances even on the most polished of them.

Precisely.

I mean, people can make excuses all day for this.  

The last word is with Kelli and Charlotte and clearly, they FULLY expect a diverse and immediate recall of current events from DCC'S and potential DCC'S, including but not limited to, who the damn hell Sean damn Spicer is. 

Good on ya Kelli and crew. 

• Love 9

It's really dark at Citizen so I couldn't take a photo unless I wanted the flash to go off. But I swear on my mother it was Holly. It was a table with literally 30 people surrounding Zeke. Holly wasn't flirting with him or necessarily doing anything bad. Everyone her age goes out and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure she's smart and won't take photos at bars if she's underage (like Caila) or take photos with Cowboys players (like Jasmine).

• Love 4
Just now, Bailey3606 said:

It's really dark at Citizen so I couldn't take a photo unless I wanted the flash to go off. But I swear on my mother it was Holly. It was a table with literally 30 people surrounding Zeke. Holly wasn't flirting with him or necessarily doing anything bad. Everyone her age goes out and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure she's smart and won't take photos at bars if she's underage (like Caila) or take photos with Cowboys players (like Jasmine).

She was out with Jenna on Friday night per Instagram so was she there too? 

• Love 3
Just now, RhiRhi said:

She was out with Jenna on Friday night per Instagram so was she there too? 

Jenna and a lot of other DCC's were there. Even TCC Christina was there, which I found odd. But those girls are all over 21

• Love 7
Just now, Bailey3606 said:

Actually, I believe ya. I just popped off because someone showed up with Holly dirt. Lol. You have an integral reputation on this board, imo, albeit a sparse one.

While I may be a big ol Holly fan, her antics, of late speak for themselves. Her partying is understandable, but it is also indefensible. 

• Love 2

I know of all the rumored dating and what not, I'm just having a hard time believe girls actively partying with players during TC when K&J have eyes and ears everywhere. That seems a little too extreme without any solid proof. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

I know of all the rumored dating and what not, I'm just having a hard time believe girls actively partying with players during TC when K&J have eyes and ears everywhere. That seems a little too extreme without any solid proof. 

Yeah, it is damn incredible. I agree. Almost unbelievable.

i know of the bullshit nameless rumor mill shit stirring as well. Suffice to say I find that "intel" as useful as the sweat off an old man's ballsack. 

Like 7-up with caffeine, so am i with cheap gossip: Never had it, never will. 

I base my opinion on solid references only. 

That said, if I were Holly, I'd be partying a thousand times harder lol. She's young, hot and crazy awesome. 

• Love 1

A reminder of the forum guidelines. Most importantly: 

Not everyone has to agree, there is no award for consensus. As a corollary to that, no-one has to "prove" with "evidence" anything.

Another corollary to that is you (general posters you) don't have to believe it. What you can't do is be rude or uncivil to other posters about it. You can scroll past and ignore it. And by ignore it is implied to mean not respond. That stops the convo right there.

So, in sum: No need to agree or believe. Don't demand receipts. Be civil. 

Thanks!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

This was at Citizen at 1:30 am

If she's of age and it didn't affect her ability to be at practice on Saturday, what's wrong with blowing off some steam? Seems to me like anyone who is in TC might have a pretty solid need for some stress relief! ?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

I for one hope she got her some of that.

Hahaha no doubt. 

My whole point is, there's showing up to dress someone down and there's stating a probability without opinions or embellishments. Bailey didn't say anything outlandish. 

Holly parties. Lawd I sure would too lol! 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I'm not surprised Holly got in under-age with this hair do.  They call this the "can I speak to your manager??" Haircut for moms. 

Good Christ, Holly's body is slamming. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Ante said:

Good Christ, Holly's body is slamming. 

I'd be such a freaking ho bag if I looked like that. I admire her restraint of sticking to mere fraternization in public. I'd be like "hey, entire team,  coach  and support staff, regardless of gender! And your respective significant others! Wanna come worship mah bod 'n pleasure me? Cool!" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I'm not surprised Holly got in under-age with this hair do.  They call this the "can I speak to your manager??" Haircut for moms. 

Yeah but GOD her BODY. You don't like the angled thing? I mean, I think it's more conservative but I like the edginess. 

HER BOD!! 

• Love 2