Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

Hard to believe Tasha made it back with a Panel answer like that. Usually for a vet that's a deal breaker.

And did I actually see someone in Cowboy Blue fall during the kicks across the floor?! Hope it wasn't Kelsey!

It's a curly girl, so either Maddie or Chantal. It goes so fast I can't tell though. 

(edited)

They posted the actual new promo on Facebook an hour ago. Can't link it =/

Tasha doesn't know who Sean Spicer is

Edited by heatherrrrz
30 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

BWAHAAA. As long as she knows who Melissa Mccarthy is, I'm good. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

BWAHAAA. As long as she knows who Melissa Mccarthy is, I'm good. 

Omgsh you would hope...not sure with her though.

1 minute ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Good! It's not just me. I can't tell them apart sometimes.

Simone is Hawaiian and Selina is probably latina? That's how I tell them apart lol

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

Simone is Hawaiian and Selina is probably latina? That's how I tell them apart lol

I'm sure I remember reading that Simone was from the Philipines (I think), moved to the USA as a child and then went to university in Hawaii.

• Love 1
Just now, crazydegulady said:

I'm sure I remember reading that Simone was from the Philipines (I think), moved to the USA as a child and then went to university in Hawaii.

I was going to edit and put Pacific Islander but I'm not sure, is she a mixture of Islander and Filipina?

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

latest preview, actually getting snippets of the process so far. 

Can someone tell me who are the two brunettes at 29 seconds - the far left and far right. 

48 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

What the HECK! You don't know who SEAN SPICER IS??? TASHA! SWEETIE OH MY GOSH 

19756670_860174907471562_4868694269473454440_n.jpg

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

latest preview, actually getting snippets of the process so far. 

I'm excited!

(edited)
40 minutes ago, ellekotonyok said:

What the HECK! You don't know who SEAN SPICER IS??? TASHA! SWEETIE OH MY GOSH 

19756670_860174907471562_4868694269473454440_n.jpg

I like Tasha, I really do.  I understand that she must be beyond busy a DCC, a good mom and wife, and a self-employed model and product spokeswoman.  

However no woman should be ignorant (knowledge is power ladies!) and Tasha's response reflects at best a lack of interest and intellectual curiousity about current events.  

On the one hand I am sure a lot of us wish we could so completely detach ourselves from news of world affairs.  (And frankly Sean Spicer himself would probably forgive Tasha as he likely wishes that everyone would forget about him at this point.)

On the other hand, one need only devote themselves to 15 minutes of reading the front section of the newspaper, or Google News, or watching CNN or Fox to know these things.  I have a great suggestion for Tasha, sit with your daughter and read the paper or a book together for 10 minutes a day.  Demonstrate to her that you value the development of mind and body.

I do admire Tasha for subsequently stepping up her effort to make Show Group as an amends for her bad interview.  She has exactly the kind of good looks they love to showcase in Show Group, and I am sure they are happy her talent earned her a spot.

And I do appreciate Kelli sending Tasha and us viewers the clear message, by so prominently posting Tasha's photo and scores on her desk photo, that the DCC organization does not find ignorance pretty.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 11

All the girls that read the newspaper and watch cnn and MSNBC as preparation for the interviews. As much coverage as the latest election has received, there is no excuse. Even if you aren't even trying to keep up, those things you just can't get away from hearing. 

• Love 3

Tasha has that ability to be able to not have the right answer, but still be able to sound poised enough to admit it and be humble without sounding like an idiot. That can take a girl just as far as knowing all the answers and sounding like a smug know it all.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if she retires after this year. She's close to 30, cheered for three teams, has a daughter and a few business ventures, so she may be over it if she's being critiqued right and left.

• Love 3

I have no idea who Sean Spicer is. Yes, I admit to it. I blame the heat, being tired. and hyperthyroidism for not knowing. My memory is fuzzy at times the last few months from being sick. This is my excuse, and I will stick with it.

39 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

I'm excited!

I've been watching this over and over. I hope we get to hear what they talked about with Jerry Jones! I hope we get to see a lot of The Star in Frisco! I agree Christina looks better, a lot better! This looks  like it is shaping up to be pretty exciting!

I wonder if we're maybe looking at another team of 37..I considered last year as "36 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders + Yuko" so I'm interested to see if that happens again 

• Love 3
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Silverleaf said:

I don't know who Sean Spicer is either. Can I use being British as an excuse?

I think you'll get a pass for that one lol

35 minutes ago, tlenay said:

Milan's pose is a little swimsuit illustrated for me

http://www.calendars.com/Swimsuit-Models/Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders-Desk-Calendar/prod201700003056/?categoryId=cat220002&seoCatId=cat220002

DAMNN KELSEY GOT THE BOX CALENDAR COVER!

Edited by heatherrrrz
3 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Can someone tell me who are the two brunettes at 29 seconds - the far left and far right. 

Miranda (who I think looks a lot like Lacey in this shot) is on the far right and Molly is on the far left.

I answered my own question...Miranda is the one who talks about an injury towards the end of the video.

screenshot.png

• Love 2
On 7/11/2017 at 4:58 PM, dccfan37 said:

Just finished my candy. I'm sad

Celinda has sadly been released from TC. I know we are all highly upset 

one of the fading starlights, Selinda, has been warned!

Thanks for not being cryptic.

On 7/11/2017 at 5:22 PM, QuiteCalM said:

Girl your inital twizzlers post CRACKED me up!!!

Selina. God she's so forgettable to me. How do these girls bulk up IN TRAINING CAMP?! I mean, talk about a time when your neck's on the line, and you could EASILY be replaced!!

I think it's fairly easy. Additionally, I think it can also be just "looking heavy" next to these ity bity girls trying out for the first time at their smallest. Granted, she never really had much curve, so I'm sure she can't really hide looking boxy.

On 7/11/2017 at 6:14 PM, QuiteCalM said:

jinelle.JPG

jinelle.JPG

Jinelle had definitely blossomed to me. I think her glow up was INCREDIBLE. 

On 7/12/2017 at 0:53 PM, DCCFAN71 said:

NOOOO!!! OMG!!! They gave Shelby 5 seconds of more fame! Her ego is big enough as it is!!!!!!!!!

I seriously doubt anyone but her even cares. No one cares about that girl anymore. I was rooting for her until her boyfriend ...well, you know.

11 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Miranda (who I think looks a lot like Lacey in this shot) is on the far right and Molly is on the far left.

I answered my own question...Miranda is the one who talks about an injury towards the end of the video.

screenshot.png

She is GORGEOUS to me!

• Love 1

whoa, i can't believe how much Miranda and Lacey look alike! i really thought that was Lacey bawling at the end of the clip about an injury and i was like WHAT. 

I like all the pics they chose for calendar covers...the other pics are beautiful but sooo many booty shots this time. And agree with another poster that Milan's makes me a little uncomfortable lol 

Kash looks GORGEOUS on the sideline calendar! i loved her hair like that. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

whoa, i can't believe how much Miranda and Lacey look alike! i really thought that was Lacey bawling at the end of the clip about an injury and i was like WHAT. 

I like all the pics they chose for calendar covers...the other pics are beautiful but sooo many booty shots this time. And agree with another poster that Milan's makes me a little uncomfortable lol 

Kash looks GORGEOUS on the sideline calendar! i loved her hair like that. 

All of the butt shots made the mini calendar ?http://m.calendars.com/Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders-Mini-Wall-Calendar/prod201700003215/?categoryId=cat220002&navCount=1&related=product_rr

1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

And Tasha got the mini wall calendar cover!!!

I think Kelsey has a photo in almost every calendar. Check the sideline calendar, she has one amazing shot in there. Of course they put Yuko in the sideline calendar, the photo's not even that good.

38 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Thanks for not being cryptic.

I think it's fairly easy. Additionally, I think it can also be just "looking heavy" next to these ity bity girls trying out for the first time at their smallest. Granted, she never really had much curve, so I'm sure she can't really hide looking boxy.

Jinelle had definitely blossomed to me. I think her glow up was INCREDIBLE. 

I seriously doubt anyone but her even cares. No one cares about that girl anymore. I was rooting for her until her boyfriend ...well, you know.

She is GORGEOUS to me!

Yes, Miranda is pretty! I love love Kalyssa. My new favorite rookie TCC are Kalyssa, Alexandria, Alexis, Savannah, Gina and Tara. They picked some really pretty girls this season. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

So the calendar girls are

Cover -Maggie 

Kelsey, Jenna, Stephanie ,Lacey,Tess, Jinelle (?), Holly, Khalyn, Milan, Bess, Chantal, Erica 

back cover Tasha 

Impressive that 4 second year Vets made calendar. All the new group leaders made it except Amy, Kashara and Robin.

2 hours ago, AmberRP said:

I wonder if we're maybe looking at another team of 37..I considered last year as "36 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders + Yuko" so I'm interested to see if that happens again 

BWWHAHA!!

I just watched the Minnesota Vikings version of Making the Team and Nao is the MVC's "Yuko". She wasn't featured much because she's a vet, but she did do a little speaking and her English is great. She conjugates verbs, uses correct pronouns and while her accent remains, it does not take away from the quality of annunciation. She seems like a really nice girl. I'm sure Yuko's a nice girl too, but who'd know, when she can't convey thoughts and feelings in a common language.

4 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

All the girls that read the newspaper and watch cnn and MSNBC as preparation for the interviews. As much coverage as the latest election has received, there is no excuse. Even if you aren't even trying to keep up, those things you just can't get away from hearing. 

Exactly. And between Melissa McCarthy lampooning him in the media, there's just no excuse. This kind of thing, like, "Duuhh I dunno what's going on with our government, but I'm pretty" just pisses me off. It's our responsibility as Americans to know who's running our fucking country. There I'm done.

giphy.gif

• Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Who is this? POpcorn?

popcorn.JPG

It looks like Kelly: she did audition this year but didn't make it. She's currently in MDC training camp. Where are you guys getting these screenshots/pictures from?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

It looks like Kelly: she did audition this year but didn't make it. She's currently in MDC training camp.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I knew she was in MDC TC but I didn't remember that she auditioned for DCC this year. She looks like she's about to serve Kitty a can o whoopass if Kitty doesn't back up out her grill.

Popcorn Kelly also tried out for Texans this year and would have been a 3rd year vet. Made me sad for her. I am way biased though cuz she wants to be a Speech-language Pathologist and that's what I am. ?Plus, she's gorgeous! 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

Popcorn Kelly also tried out for Texans this year and would have been a 3rd year vet. Made me sad for her. I am way biased though cuz she wants to be a Speech-language Pathologist and that's what I am. ?Plus, she's gorgeous! 

Wait, Popcorn was a Texans cheerleader and was cut? Is that what you're saying?

I think it's interesting that's her choice in career, because her speech pattern was what bugged the ever living shit outta me about her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Yes, Miranda is pretty! I love love Kalyssa. My new favorite rookie TCC are Kalyssa, Alexandria, Alexis, Savannah, Gina and Tara. They picked some really pretty girls this season. 

Help us know them! Why are they faves? Based on dance videos or more info?

3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

So the calendar girls are

Cover -Maggie 

Kelsey, Jenna, Stephanie ,Lacey,Tess, Jinelle (?), Holly, Khalyn, Milan, Bess, Chantal, Erica 

back cover Tasha 

Lot of rookies made the calendar!

1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Who is this? POpcorn?

popcorn.JPG

She looks like Nicole Scheringzher from Pussycat Dolls.

• Love 7

Ok! You can be intelligent and get your news info from another source other than the bias news media. And I think any girl auditioning to be one of America's sweethearts, sounds much more like a nincompoop to say at the panel interview that John F. Kennedy's quote was , It's not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for yourself!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Ok! You can be intelligent and get your news info from another source other than the bias news media. And I think any girl auditioning to be one of America's sweethearts, sounds much more like a nincompoop to say at the panel interview that John F. Kennedy's quote was , It's not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for yourself!

The problem is, she wasn't getting her "news info" at all. You don't have to camp out on MSNBC to have a basic understanding of who the most prominent people in government are. Hell, watch SNL. Tells you everything you need to know LOL.

This is a brand of ignorant. It's Tasha, it's Caila, it's out there and, as Finglass says "It offends me".

• Love 15

I think even The Skimm would be dangerous as an only news source. As someone else said, 15 min a day would fill you in on top stories and a few opinions on those. And a girl who's really wise would catch news from all sources- not just MSNBC that keeps getting mentioned. Texas is a pretty conservative area and I would think mixing in some Fox News might win you some points with the judges if you were pressed for thoughts beyond the headlines.