Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Just now, Dccfanatic said:

But don't you think that the tweet could be toward someone else, like Jenna? She made Jenna's try out routine dance, plus her own. She had posts that they were all BFF. If what this board says is true, that Jenna threw her under the bus, maybe her beef is not with DCC but with Jenna. Maybe Jenna got a lighter sentence than her, which made her so upset, so she made a rash decision. Then she may come to regret it, or they may reach out to her, and they reconcile. I just don't see how this situation can't be remediated. 

I guess what bothers me so much is that just a few weeks ago, she was on the team and was happy, and now all of a sudden, she is off, and there is no explanation? Then the Erica thing? I feel betrayed by DCC and the show. I really do.  I really am a fan and have watched since the first season and this is really the only show I look forward to! I know, this all sounds so pathetic, but I really am so upset. I wouldn't have cared this much otherwise, but the circumstances are so suspect and all of the secrecy and media blackout by everyone.... 

I sound like the girls from the last show ("definitely") with all of my reallys! But I really, really, really don't get it! AHHHHH!!!! Oh well, I have to let it go :( 

I'm enjoying this season so far, yeah it's a little different but still enjoyable at least to me. 

at first I was bummed about Holly but after seeing her throwing shade in her tweets and over the top ego I just can't stomach her anymore and don't care anymore she is gone. 

• Love 6

I guess I simply don't understand the moaning about how MTT is ignoring Erica, not addressing the Holly/DCC separation, etc.  DCC:MTT is showing TC AS IT HAPPENED. The show isn't going to jump ahead and address these situations out of order just to satisfy a small group of us fans who chat about the show online. If TC started at the beginning of June and Holly didn't leave till around mid July ... we've got a ways to go to find out what happened. Let's keep our hair on! Lol

And because CMT clumsily showed KaShara being named GL rather than Erica doesn't mean the show is trying to "erase" her like she'd never been there. The (moronic) editing probably had more to do with real life pre-season games where Erica isn't on the field. The show itself is airing stuff that happened back in June. And let's be honest - the show has never really aired much if anything about the Vets. This year is barely showing us a glimpse ... marginally.

I know I'm really curious about what happened with Holly, Jenna and about Erica stepping away. But we're going to have to wait awhile more. Sorry, just my common sense, non-conspiracy self talking!

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 7
On 9/8/2017 at 10:41 PM, TUOwl84 said:

I love KaShara, but I definitely think she should be on a weight warning.  I mean I have seen too many pictures in the last so many months where she looks heavier than in previous seasons.  Here is a recent picture of her that DCC posted on their instagram. 

Plus her hair and makeup (if any) lately on the show has me irked!  I definitely noticed the lack of makeup on last nights episode when she was assisting Melissa with the TCC.  I was like...Wow!  

IMG_2271.JPG

This shot looks like Jenna's phoning it in.  The back 1/2  of the left line looks sloppy. 

Honestly, why does the DCC keep posting these half-assed pics?  Surely they have better photo's of practice and performance than what they've shown?

Looking at their photos with an objective eye, I wouldn't guess that they're are anymore precise, engaging or skilled than other NFL cheer teams, and we know that they're supposed to be.

For a world class organization, some of the photos they've released do not make them look any more polished than the Dolphins cheerleaders. 

9 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

I guess I simply don't understand the moaning about how MTT is ignoring Erica, not addressing the Holly/DCC separation, etc.  DCC:MTT is showing TC AS IT HAPPENED. The show isn't going to jump ahead and address these situations out of order just to satisfy a small group of us fans who chat about the show online. If TC started at the beginning of June and Holly didn't leave till around min July ... we've got a ways to go to find out what happened. Let's keep our hair on! Lol

And because CMT clumsily showed KaShara being named GL rather than Erica doesn't mean the show is trying to "erase" her like she'd never been there. The (moronic) editing probably had more to do with real life pre-season games where Erica isn't on the field. The show itself is airing stuff that happened back in June. And let's be honest - the show has never really aired much if anything about the Vets. This year is barely showing us a glimpse ... marginally.

I know I'm really curious about what happened with Holly, Jenna and about Erica stepping away. But we're going to have to wait awhile more. Sorry, just my common sense, non-conspiracy self talking!

:CLAPPING:  Well said.

• Love 3

Putting in my two cents. The DCC Organization can market themselves by saying they are the best and a world class organization until the cows come home, but marketing and saying they are the best and actually being the best and world class are two different things.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Putting in my two cents. The DCC Organization can market themselves by saying they are the best and a world class organization until the cows come home, but marketing and saying they are the best and actually being the best and world class are two different things.

THIS

Kelli and the DCC in general have a hugely inflated idea of how famous and beloved the DCC are.  I think a lot of their 'fame' is less to do with being the best, than constant promotion, in particular the show but also by constantly stating that they're the best. From what we've seen of this year in particular, they are nowhere near the best, not in the NFL and certainly not 'world-class'.

12 minutes ago, Java said:

This shot looks like Jenna's phoning it in.  The back 1/2  of the left line looks sloppy. 

Honestly, why does the DCC keep posting these half-assed pics?  Surely they have better photo's of practice and performance than what they've shown?

Looking at their photos with an objective eye, I wouldn't guess that they're are anymore precise, engaging or skilled than other NFL cheer teams, and we know that they're supposed to be.

For a world class organization, some of the photos they've released do not make them look any more polished than the Dolphins cheerleaders. 

:CLAPPING:  Well said.

Some of the videos too - I was watching some of the instagram stories and the videos they were released were not good - the lines were sloppy, the girls seriously out of time with each other and the beat of the music, it was frankly an embarrassment, yet the official dcc insta thought it was a good idea to show them as being indicitive of being 'world-class'.  I know they've got a lot of rookies this year, and there may be an undercurrent in the team of upheaval after the loss of Holly and Erica and maybe something up with Jenna, but I've never seen them so sloppy or unfocused.  They have GOT to pull it together.  I have frankly been surprised by some of the images/videos theyve chosen to release this year because they've not shown the team off to its best advantage at all.

• Love 4

The thing is, they are the ones putting out these pics. It doesn't take a trained person to see that the formation is sloppy, Kashara looks out of shape, and Jenna's placement is off in the picture above. It also doesn't take a trained person to see that the kick line photos that they've been posting are embarrassingly bad. They control their social media, and yet they keep putting out these awful photos. Makes no sense!

I'm all for the tv show showing the good AND the bad that happens in training camp. It's a reality show, but I would think that the twitter, instagram, and Facebook accounts would be posting pics and videos that showcase the team's strengths, not their sloppiness. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 4

For instance, this picture is just embarrassing - neither line is straight (and the back line has little excuse as theres the yellow line to use as a guide), the blonde second from the end at the front is either way ahead or way behind as is the brunette in the back line (can't see who they are as too blurry), nobody has the same foot placement OR hand placement meaning they're all out of sync... this is just sloppy and to release it like it shows the team off to its best is just naive.

dcc 1.jpg

• Love 1

On the two cents track: I do think DCC is a world class organization with many world class dancers involved. There's been a lot of outside verification of their skills from world class choreographers and organizations, Candace Romo even said she's seen numerous NFL pom squads, and DCC has them all beat. The squad isn't going to be as in demand as they are if they're not good.

That said, are they perfect? Of course not. Are all DCC dancers of the same caliber? No. Are there seasons where the squad needs more work to gel than other years? Definitely! DCC lost several of their strongest dancers this year; Melissa, Jennifer, Jessica, Megan, Amy T, Holly, Erica....  Regrouping doesn't happen on a dime. And having many seasoned NFL dancers this year can be a blessing as well as a curse, as these ladies need to work on getting DCC style into their muscle memory after years of dancing on the field.

My two cents suggests giving this new, young squad a chance. :)

• Love 4

I see your point of view about giving the new squad a chance to step up, but you cannot go around saying we are the best and look bad like the pictures and videos have shown. And yes Candace Romo was a great judge last year, but I would not go by what she considers to be the best. Just like in Season 8 when Charlotte and Kelli said we only pick the best girls, but Morgan and Kaitlyn were chosen to be on the squad. Sorry, but in order to be world class they need to stop with the blasted marketing of we are the best at what we do and actually stand up and actually prove you are the best.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I see your point of view about giving the new squad a chance to step up, but you cannot go around saying we are the best and look bad like the pictures and videos have shown. And yes Candace Romo was a great judge last year, but I would not go by what she considers to be the best. Just like in Season 8 when Charlotte and Kelli said we only pick the best girls, but Morgan and Kaitlyn were chosen to be on the squad. Sorry, but in order to be world class they need to stop with the blasted marketing of we are the best at what we do and actually stand up and actually prove you are the best.

YES

• Love 1

Season 6 was a rebuilding year since a lot of the standouts from Season 5 left the squad. I think Season 6 rookies were a lot better than the rookies from Season 11 and 12. To me, Season 8 and 9 were the worse, but the last few years have been blah!!! city to me.

Btw, is that Milan at the front in the one picture. Poor girl! Her hair and makeup ages her and not in a good way.

21 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

On the two cents track: I do think DCC is a world class organization with many world class dancers involved. There's been a lot of outside verification of their skills from world class choreographers and organizations, Candace Romo even said she's seen numerous NFL pom squads, and DCC has them all beat. The squad isn't going to be as in demand as they are if they're not good.

That said, are they perfect? Of course not. Are all DCC dancers of the same caliber? No. Are there seasons where the squad needs more work to gel than other years? Definitely! DCC lost several of their strongest dancers this year; Melissa, Jennifer, Jessica, Megan, Amy T, Holly, Erica....  Regrouping doesn't happen on a dime. And having many seasoned NFL dancers this year can be a blessing as well as a curse, as these ladies need to work on getting DCC style into their muscle memory after years of dancing on the field.

And ordinarily, I'd 100% agree with you, but if you're going to constantly promote yourself as the best, as world-class, you have to prove it.  Part of that is recovering from setbacks, from putting your best foot forward (literally in this case) quickly, and from continuing on with a smile and a wave because the show must go on.  a mark of a world leading team is that they can do that quickly and that nobody outside the team would know any different.  They've been dancing together for months now, they should be more together than they are. 

The other thing is, I think Im just kinda bemused - Kelli usually has an iron hand on the promotion of the DCC, its world-class or nothing, what the girls post, when the girls post, what is posted by the official account, normally it's only to show the team off to its best advantage as we've seen from previous years on MTT, the girls get training as to social media and Kelli seems pretty strict on it.  but the last few months...the last few months Im surprised by the pictures and videos released on the official insta.  rather than showing off a world-class team, they're more often than not displaying mistakes, sloppiness, and a lack of showmanship.  Now, obviously most of the pictures are from rehearsal where things like tht happen and is to be expected and rehearsal is there to catch and correct that, I've got zero problem with mistakes being made, BUT a year ago, a picture with sloppy lines and literally nobody in sync with anyone else would never have been posted.  I don't know if Kelli herself actually does the posting, but I'd pretty much guarantee she gets approval or at very least checks it.  that pictures as bad as some of the recent ones have been posted is just a bit confusing to me - do not constantly promote yourself as world-class if what you're showing the world is far from it.   

are they all phenomenal dancers, no of course not.  are they all good? yes.  are they necessarily gelling as a team this year, even after months together, not really/

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

And ordinarily, I'd 100% agree with you, but if you're going to constantly promote yourself as the best, as world-class, you have to prove it.  Part of that is recovering from setbacks, from putting your best foot forward (literally in this case) quickly, and from continuing on with a smile and a wave because the show must go on.  a mark of a world leading team is that they can do that quickly and that nobody outside the team would know any different.  They've been dancing together for months now, they should be more together than they are. 

are they all phenomenal dancers, no of course not.  are they all good? yes.  are they necessarily gelling as a team this year, even after months together?

Guess we look at some things differently. I think the girls are working hard after some serious set-backs; not just losing terrific dancers in retirement, but the upheaval in TC with Holly/Jenna and Erica. They are continuing forward, definitely seem to be putting their best foot forward (the girls), and I believe working hard to get in sync again.  Even world class organizations have rebuilding years. This team was just finalized a month or so ago, so "months" together as a team is stretching it. Yes, they danced through TC together, but TC focuses on who will make the squad, not on the finalized "we're a team!" IMPO that "announcement" has a huge impact on how you view yourself: as either a TCC or a DCC.

I do agree about some of the pictures being published on the DCC web-links. That one of Christina where she's not remotely in sync with anyone else on the jump split was cringe-worthy. And some others haven't shown the girls in the best possible light.  But every year there are clumsy moments, wobbly moments, moments where the girls are out of line or not in sync with one another. This year we're just seeing some of those shots.

Also, we here on this forum are super critical, much more so than the general public. We analyze and overanalyze a picture that represents a fraction of a second in the practice sessions. (I also find it funny that an oft repeated criticism of Kelli/Judy et al on this board is that they cover up/water down stuff that happens in TC etc. to show the organization in a positive light. Now they're getting criticized for pictures on the DCC feed that aren't as complimentary and DON'T show the organization in a positive light. Damned if you do/don't. lol)

It may be taking longer this year for the girls to gel together, and many may ridicule me for saying it - but to me, DCC is still a world class team. :)

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 7

Omg, a line isn't straight in practice. Clutching my pearls. 

In more exciting news I'm looking forward to the special halftime tonight - R&B are involved too and from a clip on the DCC Insta story a few days ago it's also new hip hope choreo I think. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Also, we here on this forum are super critical, much more so than the general public. We analyze and overanalyze a picture that represents a fraction of a second in the practice sessions. (I also find it funny that an oft repeated criticism of Kelli/Judy et al on this board is that they cover up/water down stuff that happens in TC etc. to show the organization in a positive light. Now they're getting criticized for pictures on the DCC feed that aren't as complimentary and DON'T show the organization in a positive light. Damned if you do/don't. lol)

I think it's apples and oranges. If you have a reality show called Making The Team, then I expect to see an at least somewhat accurate representation of how the team got made - good and bad. If you only want to show the good, fine, but then don't have a reality show and pick your team like every other team does. No issue with that whatsoever, but you can't have it both ways. 

Promotional material is a totally different matter. It's there to promote the team, and I don't expect to see anything that's not positive for the team. If bad pictures are continually there, then the social media person isn't doing the job. Every model in the world takes bad photos, but I don't expect Victoria's Secrets to post them for example. Yet, if they choose to have a reality show that takes us behind the scenes of a photo shoot and the creation of a catalog, then yeah, I expect to see the good and bad. 

Its not a big deal by any means, but it's baffling that they keep posting bad pics (kick line with Christina being the prime example). 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Omg, a line isn't straight in practice. Clutching my pearls. 

In more exciting news I'm looking forward to the special halftime tonight - R&B are involved too and from a clip on the DCC Insta story a few days ago it's also new hip hope choreo I think. 

the more hip-hop/R&B numbers do tend to be where a lot of the girls shine, so hopefully they'll get to play in that sandpit tonight

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

YES!!!  I agree and I actually think they look fine!

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Season 6 was a rebuilding year since a lot of the standouts from Season 5 left the squad. I think Season 6 rookies were a lot better than the rookies from Season 11 and 12. To me, Season 8 and 9 were the worse, but the last few years have been blah!!! city to me.

I do agree that earlier years made more of an impression on me than later years. Don't know exactly why, cause the year Holly made it should have been dynamite. Ah, well.  I agree that S8 had the weakest Rookies. But it did give us Jinelle! 

I thought S9 Rookies were a mixed batch - which I suppose all years are - of terrific (Melissa, Erica, Lacey, Mary), good (Loren, Courtney, Victoria, Caila) and poor (Breelan and Ashley). Though I will always be impressed that Ashley, with no dance training at all, was able to make the squad!  I'm not sure why S10 and 11 didn't make more of an impression.

...Maybe I need to re-watch them more.....

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think it's apples and oranges. If you have a reality show called Making The Team, then I expect to see an at least somewhat accurate representation of how the team got made - good and bad. If you only want to show the good, fine, but then don't have a reality show and pick your team like every other team does. No issue with that whatsoever, but you can't have it both ways. 

Promotional material is a totally different matter. It's there to promote the team, and I don't expect to see anything that's not positive for the team. If bad pictures are continually there, then the social media person isn't doing the job. Every model in the world takes bad photos, but I don't expect Victoria's Secrets to post them for example. Yet, if they choose to have a reality show that takes us behind the scenes of a photo shoot and the creation of a catalog, then yeah, I expect to see the good and bad. 

Its not a big deal by any means, but it's baffling that they keep posting bad pics (kick line with Christina being the prime example). 

my point exactly, I'm just confused why they'd post so many pictures with the team looking poor, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the kickline given that's the signature move, it's what they're most famous for.  I don't care that things go wrong in rehearsal and practice, of course they do, it's literally what practice is for and I couldn't care less if the girls are out of sync or whatever because it'll be corrected,, but its just strange to me to promote moments where the team looks sloppy or unpolished.  that's their public face, and it's not displaying them to their best nd I just find it weird, particularly given how driven Kelli is (in particular) when it comes to displaying the team as the best of the best.  I guess I'm just bemused by it.

8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Gotta disagree a little bit, in that the show itself is a promotional tool of a kind. It's promoting and showcasing this organization as world class and how it gets there.  But I agree that pictures showcasing the girls caught mid-whatever is promotional.  There are different types of promotional materials, and putting pictures out on a DCC Twitter is another kind of promotional than print work being sent to organizations. Just nitpicking. lol

The super critical part I see that we're doing here is the overanalyzing of most pictures into badness when they aren't. I don't think all the pictures that have been released are poor, though some certainly fit that bill - the Christina one we both mentioned being one of them. Guess it's how one looks at the pictures, and that's totally individual. :)

8 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

my point exactly, I'm just confused why they'd post so many pictures with the team looking poor, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the kickline given that's the signature move, it's what they're most famous for.

The Christina one is also the photo that has me baffled. Why post that, when it's of their famous signature kickline?  I can see the print being made to show Christina how horrible her jump split was, but did it get out by mistake? Cause I don't see the rest of the pictures being released as that bad. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Gotta disagree a little bit, in that the show itself is a promotional tool of a kind. It's promoting and showcasing this organization as world class and how it gets there.  But I agree that pictures showcasing the girls caught mid-whatever is promotional.  There are different types of promotional materials, and putting pictures out on a DCC Twitter is another kind of promotional than print work being sent to organizations. Just nitpicking. lol

The super critical part I see that we're doing here is the overanalyzing of most pictures into badness when they aren't. I don't think all the pictures that have been released are poor, though some certainly fit that bill - the Christina one we both mentioned being one of them. Guess it's how one looks at the pictures, and that's totally individual. :)

I don't think anyone is saying that they're all poor, certainly not me.  But the ones that are bad, tend to be pretty bad.  Maybe I can't turn off the hyper-critical former dancer part of me, but while I don't care if a girl is sickling her feet, or something pretty small, a picture in which almost, if not all, of the girls are in different hand and feet positions, two of them are ahead or behind, and neither line is remotely straight (and how often have we seen Judy stop practice over and over and over again in regards to lines?) is pretty bad, and isn't complimentary for the team, or those behind it. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

I think the first part of your post illustrates part of the varying opinions that we're seeing on the show this year - whether it's supposed to be a reality show or just another orchestrated promo for the team. Some people seem to be fine with the show hiding things may be embarrassing to the organization, and other people don't like it. I don't mean that to be condescending by any means, as I don't think there's a right or wrong way to view it. In many ways, the girls don't have a choice to be on the show, so I can see why they may be less inclined to show things that would reflect poorly on them than on a different type of reality show. 

We can definitely be obsessive and hyper focused on little things here, but to be honest, I'm just glad that we're actually discussing the team and the show rather than who likes who or rehashing the Holly/Jenna stuff for the 800th time lol (all of which I have also done, so not pointing fingers). 

• Love 1
Just now, CaseyRe said:

I don't think anyone is saying that they're all poor, certainly not me.  But the ones that are bad, tend to be pretty bad.  Maybe I can't turn off the hyper-critical former dancer part of me, but while I don't care if a girl is sickling her feet, or something pretty small, a picture in which almost, if not all, of the girls are in different hand and feet positions, two of them are ahead or behind, and neither line is remotely straight (and how often have we seen Judy stop practice over and over and over again in regards to lines?) is pretty bad, and isn't complimentary for the team, or those behind it. 

I'm not a dancer, so I'm not going to see everything you see. Though I am a perfectionist, so I see the lines, etc. Guess we'll split the difference! I just don't see the majority as being as horrible as you, a dancer, might. And most of the pics have been from practice, right? (I might have missed some games ones except the Christina one.)

I do think this is going to be a tough year for DCC, one where the majority of the squad is young and new (1st and 2nd years), and an odd mixed of DCC Vets, experienced NFL/NON-DCCs and Rookies.  I think they're going to have to work very hard this year to gel and sync together.

For the dancers out there, my sympathizes for your cringing and my comfort in saying many of us who aren't dancers aren't seeing to the depth you see! 

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

I think the first part of your post illustrates part of the varying opinions that we're seeing on the show this year - whether it's supposed to be a reality show or just another orchestrated promo for the team. Some people seem to be fine with the show hiding things may be embarrassing to the organization, and other people don't like it. I don't mean that to be condescending by any means, as I don't think there's a right or wrong way to view it. In many ways, the girls don't have a choice to be on the show, so I can see why they may be less inclined to show things that would reflect poorly on them than on a different type of reality show. 

We can definitely be obsessive and hyper focused on little things here, but to be honest, I'm just glad that we're actually discussing the team and the show rather than who likes who or rehashing the Holly/Jenna stuff for the 800th time lol (all of which I have also done, so not pointing fingers). 

TWO BIG THUMBS UP!! lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

I'm not a dancer, so I'm not going to see everything you see. Though I am a perfectionist, so I see the lines, etc. Guess we'll split the difference! I just don't see the majority as being as horrible as you, a dancer, might. And most of the pics have been from practice, right? (I might have missed some games ones except the Christina one.)

I do think this is going to be a tough year for DCC, one where the majority of the squad is young and new (1st and 2nd years), and an odd mixed of DCC Vets, experienced NFL/NON-DCCs and Rookies.  I think they're going to have to work very hard this year to gel and sync together.

For the dancers out there, my sympathizes for your cringing and my comfort in saying many of us who aren't dancers aren't seeing to the depth you see! 

Oh yeah, I do not envy the Group Leaders or the more experienced vets (say 3+years, of which there is a v small amount) because they''re really going to have to step up and lead by example, particularly the GLs. They get a tough job each year, but this year, they've got a lot of straight-up rookies/former-NFL rookies to muscle into shape, and you know that K&J are going to be leaning on them hard over any mistakes girls in their groups make or troubles they have.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Clip of the new halftime on Insta story. DCRB and DCC dancing together tonight! 

I saw just saw it,  I'm trying hard to be nice but they are just sloppy, weak and a hot mess.  Nothing sharp or distinct at all.... really missing all the ladies from last years team !

• Love 2

For myself, I don't care for the opposite line arm and leg stuff they're doing more of this year.  I think the squad may be too young and new for those opposite movements to come off as sharp.  I've no doubt they'll get it, but right now it looks rather sloppy, and that's to my non-dancer eyes. :(

Edited by KatebytheSea
19 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

The social media is so bad this year. So so bad. The just posted a pic of some rookies in those half time costumes, and Miranda just does not look good. Why post that picture?

That is what she really looks like if you have ever seen her up close !

19 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

The social media is so bad this year. So so bad. The just posted a pic of some rookies in those half time costumes, and Miranda just does not look good. Why post that picture?

I like the jersey-uniform costumes, but I wish they'd change it up a bit and have a different one more often. Seems whenever they do a hip-hop like half-time show, they use the same costume and I would just love to see them wear something new.  But that''s just me being nitpicky (though yeah, I can't put my finger on why I winced when I saw that pic come up in the stories, but i did. maybe just because I wish they'd change it up a bit but maybe because wsan't super flattering)

35 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

For myself, I don't care for the opposite line arm and leg stuff they're doing more of this year.  I think the squad may be too young and new for those opposite movements to come off as sharp.  I've not doubt they'll get it, but right now it looks rather sloppy, and that's to my non-dancer eyes. :(

I gotta somewhat agree, Ive not been loving what I've seen recently in the stories/posts as to choreo, if just doesn't have the flow it used to.  I'm no great lover of Thunderstruck (I find it pretty meh tbh, even if that is sacrilege) but even though I think it's dated, the choreo is decent and most of the girls really seem to enjoy performing it.  I'm holding out a full opinion until we see more than a few seconds of distant shots at funny angles but Im hoping it just a few awkward beats/bars and not the norm

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Can someone post a link to that video....I cannot find it on instgram

It's on Insta stories. They can't be linked. Click on the DCC profile picture on Instagram on your phone to see. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I'm holding out a full opinion until we see more than a few seconds of distant shots at funny angles but Im hoping it just a few awkward beats/bars and not the norm

I'm holding out too. They'll get it, sooner rather than later, I hope!

I also think Jenna has endured her reprimand and censure with grace and dignity - LET THAT GIRL BE POINT!  Come on, Kelli and Judy, give her the point position.

• Love 2

Personally I don't see it fair to judge an entire performance or the team based on one picture, most of which are them in movement and not every hand or foot is going to be place. I expect that kind of precision from Marines, not NFL dancers. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Personally I don't see it fair to judge an entire performance or the team based on one picture, most of which are them in movement and not every hand or foot is going to be place. I expect that kind of precision from Marines, not NFL dancers. 

I totally agree with you, HOWDEEDO. I don't want to be too harsh on the girls.

From what I've seen in the past of DCC, I do expect more precision than what we've seen in clips, but also understand they ARE just clips and this is obviously a rebuilding year. I just overall don't care for the opposite movements choreography. But that's probably because it doesn't look clean right now. So I think I'll shut up about it now! Lol

I think this is the best of the group performances on the plaza so far. I have only watched it once but on first viewing, no one stood out to me as visibly sloppy like in the Group 2 plaza performance, and I didn't get a "Lacey and the rest of the DCCs" vibe like I did with the Group 1 plaza performance with Jenna or the other 3 performance that was posted a couple of weeks ago with Michelle Keys' choreography. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3

As others have said, this is a rebuilding year and that means it's going to be harder/rougher on everyone.  The experienced girls (especially those who have already put in some time with the DCC) will have to step it up and really LEAD and the rookies will have to work their tail feathers off to get with the program.  They've got the dances, they've got the skills, now's the time to see who can really pull it together and show Judy and Kelli what they've got.  I predict that there are only two types of girls in the rookies this year, the ones who can really slot in and look like they've always been part of the squad and the girls who struggle the entire year.  There are usually three types of girls among the rookies: the ones who will make it to third year and beyond, the ones who struggle to make it to second/third year but they don't really bring it and end up getting cut and the ones who are one-and-done. 

Next year will be a blood bath in auditions, especially if people want to come back, but they've struggled throughout the year.  Hopefully, we don't get another Whitney, a girl who's told she isn't the right fit for the team but decides to come back anyway (trying out after that isn't determination, but desperation).  Girl, coming back after being told to go away, especially when you've told Judy and Kelli that they need someone like you on the squad, is not a good thing.  Being blunt in cases like that is a good thing.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
Just now, Bailey3606 said:

At the game right now and Jenn K just performed the opening performance and kickoff. Who is sitting out?!

Couldn't tell, saw her in practice but I think maybe a rookie? Was she towards the back where they are?

I don't know much about any other NFL football cheer squads but which ones would be considered to be better than DCC? Is this in terms of the dance level or opportunities? 

Also, Ashton Torres posted a clip from the big screen to her insta story. Gina's arms look really out of sync as they're going onto the field...I could actually hear Judy screaming 'YOU'RE RUSHING'. 

Holly also posted a throw back DCC picture onto her insta...one second she's talking about karma getting peeps, the next second she's happy to cash into the DCC for likes. I wonder if she's starting to regret anything now that she's seeing how the DCC wheel will keep turning without her.  

• Love 3

if Jenn K filled in for someone who is not dancing for the entire game, then its probably someone from Group 2. Group 3 looks complete from plaza performance, and neither Group 1,nor 4, appeared to be missing anyone from the rehearsal clips. Now, if she just subbed in for someone who only sat out the opening performance/kick line, then I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

DCC just posted a pix on insta.  Who is that that is completely out of step?  Why would DCC post this??!!!!!!!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Because it doesn't really matter? 

But we all know that is BS. They have an entire show where they nitpick all sorts of nonsense that does not matter.

of course this crap doesn't matter -- but I am also not the one on TV every Thursday saying it does. The 9000th time someone tells you something is world class and it clearly isn't you start to wonder if they are lying to you, or do they really have no idea about the quality of their product. The team is not good this year. It just isn't. But pretty much anyone with half a brain could at least hide some of the mistakes on social media if they took a few minutes.

i swear we are going to find out Sam or Cassie is the new social media manager before the season is over.

• Love 10