Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Hey. Hey. Hey.

There was another cut and another vet in currently on weight warning. I'll let you ponder your thoughts while I finish my twizzlers

ergh this is just mean LOL hmmm vet on weight warning makes me wanna go through the girls IGs and see what I can see in the pics

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Hey. Hey. Hey.

There was another cut and another vet in currently on weight warning. I'll let you ponder your thoughts while I finish my twizzlers

I totally misread the last sentence. *whistles* I think I might have an idea which vet was put on weight warning. I have been trying to stay out of this thread until the new season starts next month, but I keep coming back. Only twenty three days to go.

13 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Hey. Hey. Hey.

Blonde, brunette, redhead? any hints?? :D

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Hey. Hey. Hey.

I need the receipts... 

IMG_3805.JPG

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Just finished my candy. I'm sad

Celinda has sadly been released from TC. I know we are all highly upset 

one of the fading starlights, Selinda, has been warned!

????  Do you mean Selina??

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1

I guess I was wrong about the vet. Since we have not gotten too much news about the TC Candidates, I have no clue on who is who, who is still in TC, and who has a good chance of making the team. August 3rd cannot come fast enough. *lol*

22 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Girl your inital twizzlers post CRACKED me up!!!

Selina. God she's so forgettable to me. How do these girls bulk up IN TRAINING CAMP?! I mean, talk about a time when your neck's on the line, and you could EASILY be replaced!!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Just when I was thinking they've had a few pics of Selina on social media lately, she gets knocked down for weight. I guess it's safe to guess she'll retire after this year.

Maybe we'll have a vet cut, we've not had one for a few years, just to remind the vets they're not safe. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

How the heck did uniboob girl survive the cameos? 

Totally forgot about Selina. I actually thought it was Holly. She had posted some stuff on Instagram video last week that made it seem like she was having a bad week. 

I have to say uniboob is a pretty standout dancer, as I have seen her dance in person. She also has sort of an accent. Those accents tend to win them over. LOL. There's other positives about her. I don't think uniform is a sole determining factor. Personally, I'm not a fan. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

I have to say uniboob is a pretty standout dancer, as I have seen her dance in person. She also has sort of an accent. Those accents tend to win them over. LOL. There's other positives about her. I don't think uniform is a sole determining factor. Personally, I'm not a fan. 

I like uniboob's face and figure. She's pretty and it's good to hear she can dance. If DCC org can make Jinelle looks as great as she does now (don't anyone tell me you don't remember when that girl showed up to auditions...The girl from The Ring called, she wants her complexion back), I'm sure they can disguise uniboob until she gets that thing split down the middle.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I like uniboob's face and figure. She's pretty and it's good to hear she can dance. If DCC org can make Jinelle looks as great as she does now (don't anyone tell me you don't remember when that girl showed up to auditions...The girl from The Ring called, she wants her complexion back), I'm sure they can disguise uniboob until she gets that thing split down the middle.

Does anyone have a pic of Jinelle's 1st audition? I didn't follow dcc then

(edited)
4 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I love Jinelle but yeah that limp stringy hair at auditions was baaaad and she needed makeup advice. Now I think she's stunning

I agree. I absolutely adore her now. She also has made me think, because I know how grossed out she is by the American diet, it made me think about what I eat a little differently. Like, oh, not everyone thinks this shit is food? Interesting.

ETA: Can we just talk about kangaroos for a second?!

-Head like a dog

-Deer ears

-Chest of a man

-Carries child in pouch

-T rex arms

-Long, extremely muscular legs

-Tail it can sit on like a bar stool

That is all.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 9

Kangaroos are awesome.  They were my HS mascot.  People would make fun back then.  Nowadays I would point them to a YouTube video of roos fighting.  They will get with you like a mofo.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

NO! I was really rooting for her. Ugh that sucks. 

WW is not the end of the road. Selina will bounce back (as will Tasha and Stephanie).

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, atxdccfan said:

Kangaroos are awesome.  They were my HS mascot.  People would make fun back then.  Nowadays I would point them to a YouTube video of roos fighting.  They will get with you like a mofo.

HAHAAH!!! I LOVE them!! They're amazing!

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Thank you for the tea with extra sugar, milady...

I remember thinking from watching Celinda's Instagram dance videos she didn't look better than last year. It looked like she was marking her dances. I had hoped for the best since they took her over Sheridan, who got farther in training camp last year and to me, danced better than last year. 

Poor Selina...at least she looks good in her Bimini Bikini pics.

Now I'm sad because I have no candy. ?

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 4

I always feel bad for those girls who are brought in twice then are cut. She doesn't have the DCC look to me but she seems like a sweetheart.

I liked Selina better the year she got cut. After the rumored drama last year I wouldn't be upset if she got cut during training camp for whatever reason.

Jinelle has definitely glamored up over the years and has become one of my favorites the past couple of seasons.

We are down to 40 in camp right????

I suspect a lot more cuts in the next 2 weeks, I just have no clue who will be cut, all of them seem so good and sweet.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

If I remember the episode where she got cut Kelli and Judy made they comment they hate to see the really nice ones not make it or something to that effect. I think they really liked her personality and I love her hair in the shorter bob. She definitely is working hard to make the team:)

i liked her personality as well.  I just hope she updated her solo so she didn't look like a lacy chicken rolling around on the floor.  omg.  those gloves, fans, and the clip they showed at KCDF before finals that year she previously made it to training camp.  wowza....

She has tried out multiple times... it's funny how you recognize the girls in other seasons when you rewatch.. and I noticed snippets of her (and Shelby) in multiple other tryout years.  So maybe she just needed to grow up and mature as a person and a dancer and really trust her dancing .. and now her dancing matches her real self.  Those are the girls I really cheer for and hope make the team...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Just when I was thinking they've had a few pics of Selina on social media lately, she gets knocked down for weight. I guess it's safe to guess she'll retire after this year.

Oh no... i like Selina...  but remember she was one of Melissa Rycroft's "projects".  Selina is gorgeous, but she has very square shoulders - that likely makes it easier for her to seem chunky and square all over instead of curvy.

And I'm not totally surprise by Celinda - even in her pre try out videos on instagram - she was still very stiff and drill-teamy....  I hope she didn't go all Vivian with her dream poem or dang it the girl with braces who misunderstood grateful (??) who went off on kelli and judy (which was fun to watch but I was yelling at my tv STOP DOING THAT)... Meghan Flaherty!  i hope Celinda kept it classy.  She should go be on another team for a few years and then come back and try again.  

• Love 1

I'm kind of meh about both Celinda and Selina. I liked Selina the first year she auditioned, and felt like her cut came out of nowhere at the end. Last year they barely mentioned her, and we got wind of the suspected drama with her. That coupled with the fact that she doesn't make many appearances on the other girls' social media pages made me think they didn't care for her, yet she reauditoned.  Oh well. 

• Love 1
Just now, LaurelleJ said:

I'm kind of meh about both Celinda and Selina. I liked Selina the first year she auditioned, and felt like her cut came out of nowhere at the end. Last year they barely mentioned her, and we got wind of the suspected drama with her. That coupled with the fact that she doesn't make many appearances on the other girls' social media pages made me think they didn't care for her, yet she reauditoned.  Oh well. 

Please explain for the newbies!!!  :)

28 minutes ago, mittensgizmo said:

I always feel bad for those girls who are brought in twice then are cut. She doesn't have the DCC look to me but she seems like a sweetheart.

I liked Selina better the year she got cut. After the rumored drama last year I wouldn't be upset if she got cut during training camp for whatever reason.

Drama?  What drama?

And Jinelle is one of my favorites.  I remember they were very iffy about her until they went onto the field with the HD screen and she just blossomed - no longer super skinny and besides the hair, gorgeous.  She also has a very genuine and sweet personality.  you can totally tell how grateful and excited she is for this opportunity even after several years.  She definitely doesn't take it for granted.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Please explain for the newbies!!!  :)

IIRC she chewed out another girl on the team and made her cry. Her behavior was such that her group leader, Jessica, had to write her up. 

9 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

IIRC she chewed out another girl on the team and made her cry. Her behavior was such that her group leader, Jessica, had to write her up. 

That really doesn't seem like her, or any of them. I hope it's just a rumor or something :/ 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Ugh.  So unattractive.  No wonder she's never in the front in the squad photo.

I think she started looking amazing post-makeover her rookie year. All she needed was guidance. 

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

@LaurenBrook didnt you find out the Jessica write up wasn't accurate, or am I thinking of something else?

Exactly. Apparently never happened, despite what we heard on here. 

11 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

I think she started looking amazing post-makeover her rookie year. All she needed was guidance. 

She's plain awesome now. Case closed. ?

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

@LaurenBrook didnt you find out the Jessica write up wasn't accurate, or am I thinking of something else?

it's not accurate.  i have no idea if Selina has any personality issues but she did not blow up on Jessica ... no one in that group blew up on Jessica.  more than one person i trust confirmed this.  

that's too bad Selina is on WW but i saw her in several clips from camp dcc and actually wondered if she was on their radar for it.  i remember being told selina herself thought her weight was the reason she didn't make the team the first time she went through camp.  i'm hoping she can get it together in time!  as for not being on anyone else's social media...if you think about it, when is the last time you saw Jinelle hanging out with any of the girls outside of camp, events or 'happy birthday!' posts?  and she is a sweet girl that they all seem to like.  so i wouldn't necessarily judge on that...

not sad about celinda. i feel terrible saying that.  she did look better this year though and her dance seemed very entertaining! 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Tootie said:

Well, she does a gorgeous split in the air!!!  :)

thumbnail_Screenshot_2017-07-11-00-59-25.jpg

I'm sure she can do the splits just fine but I was 100% sure this was photoshopped until I noticed her one little hair flying up to confirm leaping. Her smile looks real too, which is cool because she never seemed very happy or relaxed previously. Maybe her stars have finally aligned.

1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

According to multiple Instagram stories, the girls got new boots tonight. 

Oh my gosh.. after all this uniboob talk I thought you said boobs. That would certainly increase the awkward fitting talks haha

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

I'm sure she can do the splits just fine but I was 100% sure this was photoshopped until I noticed her one little hair flying up to confirm leaping. Her smile looks real too, which is cool because she never seemed very happy or relaxed previously. Maybe her stars have finally aligned.

Here she was at the beach last year in the same pose:)

6 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Someone should tell Shelby that her likeness is being used without her permission in this promo (LOL)

They did that with Vivian for a few years. It also shows Maggie and a few other vets in pink.

10 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Here she was at the beach last year in the same pose:)

I'm glad for her- I'm a big fan of hard work and achieving dreams! Go Christina! I haven't been a huge fan of her but things like this make me root for her! 

10 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I have to admit that I am the one who first brought Hosebeast to the hallowed halls of this forum and I am ridiculously tickled that it's taken on a life of its own! 

You are legend.

• Love 2

Here ya go!  A trendy and ever-so-nifty adult coloring project to celebrate the special, sparkly, powerful entity known as the "hosebeast".  Suitable for so many uses.  I was thinking it would make a nice name tag presentation in case we all infiltrate the Star at DCC tryouts some year!  But again, you can use it any way you see fit!

IMG_1985.PNG

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

it's not accurate.  i have no idea if Selina has any personality issues but she did not blow up on Jessica ... no one in that group blew up on Jessica.  more than one person i trust confirmed this.

Yeah, but I thought the rumor was that she had a meltdown, not that she did/said anything to specifically disrespect Jessica.  Not that I necessarily ever believed the rumor anyway.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, but I thought the rumor was that she had a meltdown, not that she did/said anything to specifically disrespect Jessica.  Not that I necessarily ever believed the rumor anyway.

i would think having an epic meltdown as a DCC would disrespect your group leader (and organization) but to each their own.   i guess part of the fun of this board is picking and choosing what we want to believe and run with lol.  there could be some truths to it i guess but jessica having to write her up for her 'sequoia sized snap' (as i believe dalgal put it)...no one has any idea where that story came from.  Selina looks like she's having fun in all the DCC camp videos :) i don't follow her on social media but if she's dialing it in like Stephanie has been with workouts and food she should have no problems.  As @QuiteCalM said though, HOW do they gain weight in training camp? they must stand around more than they show. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, GingerJ said:

They did that with Vivian for a few years. It also shows Maggie and a few other vets in pink.

Yeah, that was the joke. I believe last year, Kat Dunn commented on something about Vivian saying that she should be talking to them about using her in a promo video without her permission.

28 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yeah, that was the joke. I believe last year, Kat Dunn commented on something about Vivian saying that she should be talking to them about using her in a promo video without her permission.

OMG i forgot about that! hahahaha!! that's right, i didn't even think twice about it but Vivian had to make that big post about 'sorry everyone, not trying out again, they just used me pointing in the promo' and then Kat got all fired up about it.  like do they not understand how CMT owns all the footage to use forever...? 

• Love 7