Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, GingerJ said:

Pretty sure Judy will never read this board. Why would she? It's a bunch of gossip about her team, hatred towards her family and second-guessing by non-experts about how she, as an expert, does her job?? Why would she bother?

All it would do is anger, frustrate and hurt her and at the end of the day none of it matters. And she is wise enough to know that.

We may be super fans of the show, but we in no way represent the larger audience. That's an audience that is measured by ratings. That audience is continually telling CMT that this show is a hit and they love everything about it. 

Judy posted on the old board.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Shallan said:

I agree. I love Judy, always have. I think she is fair and good at her job. I always felt bad for Cassie until the whole Taylor debacle. However, the nepotism thing never bothered me that much. Did it help she chances that Judy is her mom; yeah. Do I think being friends with Charlotte's daughter helped Allie's chances of making the team; yeah. I think it's the same for others who made it (Meredith Oden, Stephanie Heyman, etc.) However, this is how things work in the real world. I'm a lawyer. I got my current job because a friend of mine knew her firm had a position opening up and recommended me for it. I was a perfect fit for the job and I was interviewed and hired without them even having to advertise the position. This happens all the time in every field. The connections Cassie and others have/had doesn't take away from the fact that they are talented in their own right. 

Yuko can only be explained by connections/behind the scenes issues we know nothing about.

I'm excited to see the new crop of TCC this year.

Allie did not know Hayley until she meet her st auditions FYI.

Alexis' TC announcement just popped up on my explore page again. I can't get over how pretty she is!!! Man oh man I hope she rocks out TC and slides onto the team. Her and that red head Savannah are just winners in my eyes!

• Love 2

It makes me laugh that they still have the things up on the DCC website for prep classes and audition registration ?

I'm glad Dayton got some feedback she can use for next year, she seems really sweet and like she'd make a great DCC when she's ready. @ShellyB are the other finalists able to get some form of feedback?

(edited)
6 hours ago, cashandprizes said:

Under her real name or a fake one? TWOP or cmt board?

Edited by MrsEVH
8 hours ago, Josreason said:

Girl there is the Kelli and Judy "tonight will be your last night thread" lol ? you know i was in ? agreement with you! I just think the Trammell family deserves at least one night off! Hehe 

You are literally serious? Do you have a way to prove it? this would make me so happy... but it looked like she was cut alongside Cristi and Randi... She could be our 45th girl! 

She made it to the Vegas round in season 12

? one minute of brief joy snatched away so fast!

Lmao ooioohhhh THAT thread! Should we just throw props to the Trammells and peace out on this one then? Ok ok I can take a hint.... :-D

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Lmao ooioohhhh THAT thread! Should we just throw props to the Trammells and peace out on this one then? Ok ok I can take a hint.... :-D

Yay, you're baaaaaack!!!!  Awesome to seeya :)

I wasn't convinced you were really you until I saw your chardonnay comment :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
Just now, ByTor said:

Man, it's auditions! I was going through withdrawals and found myself just sitting in my bathroom staring at pom poms and fatheads. Pretty pathetic. Missed ya! 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wasn't convinced you were really you until I saw your chardonnay comment :)

Hahaha!! I'm me. No one else wants the job. 

• Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Dayton posted her solo. It was gorgeous! I am sad she didn't make it this year, but I can't wait for her to come back next year.

That child is gonna be juuuust fine next year. I cannot wait to see her come back and own it. She should train with Holly and Madeline. So should vic. Power and protection, baby. 

The compulsory "god has plans for me" with accompanying bible verse is intact, I see. 

Edited by QuiteCalM
Keeping it real
  • Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, cashandprizes said:

Thank you. I didn't know that, I wasn't ever on TWOP but I know for a fact that they read this board. It's on their radar for sure. DCCs, TCCs and staff. Especially around this time of year.

ETA: Let me add as a generalization to no one in particular that I DO NOT think people in the org are sitting up at night at their computers and sifting through the swell of opinions on here and adjusting their lives according to what we think. That's just silly. My initial point was a fucking JOKE that Judy would chuckle that people think she's out partying all night. Jesus. Horse dead, macerated, decimated, beaten and DEAD.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, cashandprizes said:

Did she know the answer?

Please someone, please say she did. I can't believe she wouldn't have known that.

OT: I'm dying for cheez-its.

That is all.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Please someone, please say she did. I can't believe she wouldn't have known that.

OT: I'm dying for cheez-its.

That is all.

Waiiiiiittt. This all wasn't a joke? That was a real interview question for her? No way. Come on. LOL

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Waiiiiiittt. This all wasn't a joke? That was a real interview question for her? No way. Come on. LOL

I know, that's what I'm hoping. I'm operating under the assumption that it was just a joke and she does indeed know the president's name.

• Love 1

Kelli Q looks so happy and blissed out in that pic. Yuko is very pretty too. 

I love the gals in the front row that noped right out of sitting on their legs until they had to - I hate sitting like that, and ouch on the hardwood floor. It's the most random things that I notice. 

• Love 2

There's people hiding in that photo, why didn't they post an official one? Why are they trying to keep secrets this year? These are things I must know!!

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

There's people hiding in that photo, why didn't they post an official one? Why are they trying to keep secrets this year? These are things I must know!!

Because the theme this year seems to be "incompetence."  

• Love 2

Guys do we know who this is ? This Solo is FANTASTIC !!, do we who this is SHE IS AMAZING !!! did she make it ? she better have made itttt!!

6 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Because of us I presume. 

5 minutes ago, mmm said:

Guys do we know who this is ? This Solo is FANTASTIC !!, do we who this is SHE IS AMAZING !!! did she make it ? she better have made itttt!!

Are you kidding me?  I thought that was one of the worst solos.  Soo boring and poor technique!

• Love 4

Not sure who that girl is, the solo was pretty good though. Not my favorite. Her turns were pretty though.

1 hour ago, Shan18 said:

Not a joke. hashtag life is not fair, that's just how it goes LOL

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

Not sure who that girl is, the solo was pretty good though. Not my favorite. Her turns were pretty though.

i'm thinking she did not...but it is hard to tell exactly who it is. i love that they showed not just vet solos this year! 

I cant' believe ultimatecheerleaders doesn't have the official pic yet! 

• Love 1

There's radio silence on just about all (or maybe all) of the DCC Twitter pages and the few Instagram pages I checked.  So do y'all think they're going to forbid DCC and TCCs from posting on social media all summer and leave the cut vets' accounts up? That just seems so...extreme. If not, then what's the point of the enforced silence?  I need to know which girls to be sad for and mad about!   

Also, without the fan vote, I really have almost no idea of who the rookies are, except for the few I recognized in the DJEJ pic, like Christina (yawn), Brenna (sweet girl but not a DCC looker to me), and Celinda (maybe she's improved but my memory of her is meh). Meaning, I don't really have rookies to be excited about yet, except for those I think are pretty. I hardly know their names and can't get that worked up to root for looks alone. I guess they're trying to keep the excitement for the show, but come on. Give me something, Kelli! Ultimate Cheerleaders! Somebody! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, crazydegulady said:

It makes me laugh that they still have the things up on the DCC website for prep classes and audition registration ?

I'm glad Dayton got some feedback she can use for next year, she seems really sweet and like she'd make a great DCC when she's ready. @ShellyB are the other finalists able to get some form of feedback?

It's never been a normal practice given to cut finalists, as a general statement is always made about continuing with training. Dayton's message was special and unexpected. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, M1977G said:

There's radio silence on just about all (or maybe all) of the DCC Twitter pages and the few Instagram pages I checked.  So do y'all think they're going to forbid DCC and TCCs from posting on social media all summer and leave the cut vets' accounts up? That just seems so...extreme. If not, then what's the point of the enforced silence?  I need to know which girls to be sad for and mad about!   

Also, without the fan vote, I really have almost no idea of who the rookies are, except for the few I recognized in the DJEJ pic, like Christina (yawn), Brenna (sweet girl but not a DCC looker to me), and Celinda (maybe she's improved but my memory of her is meh). Meaning, I don't really have rookies to be excited about yet, except for those I think are pretty. I hardly know their names and can't get that worked up to root for looks alone. I guess they're trying to keep the excitement for the show, but come on. Give me something, Kelli! Ultimate Cheerleaders! Somebody! 

No. That's really extra. I don't think they have anything they can "forbid" when it comes to personal accounts.

Whether she's finished baking or not, Dayton's solo was one of the best I've seen, from a strictly dance perspective. Maybe she needs to learn to DDC it up, but that should be easy peasy for her. PS I'm not just saying this because her mom is here, lol.

• Love 6

I'm convinced that the only reason this wasn't Dayton's year (unlike next year, when I predict she'll KILL IT with Vic Kalina) is that she hasn't perfected the signature @ShellyB sommersalt. Had she worked more closely with Mom, things maaaay have been different ;-). Shelly, if you dare her to do that on camera next year, I'll send you a unicorn for Christmas. It's only right!

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

She is BEAUTIFUL.  I hope she tries out again! 

Good gravy, she really is. I hope she tries again. I like everything about her.

• Love 5

Honestly , i am big part why is thing there should be more dance experts on the judges because if the solo isn't cheerful and full of energy they will think it's boring. I've noticed less and less girls do lyrical every year 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I'm convinced that the only reason this wasn't Dayton's year (unlike next year, when I predict she'll KILL IT with Vic Kalina) is that she hasn't perfected the signature @ShellyB sommersalt. Had she worked more closely with Mom, things maaaay have been different ;-). Shelly, if you dare her to do that on camera next year, I'll send you a unicorn for Christmas. It's only right!

I can hardly look at the first pic tho without getting sad about Brittney not making it. *weeps*

4 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

I am mesmerized by Holly and Kelsey's makeup they had done, prior to interviews. ?

they seriously both look incredible. DANG. 

• Love 4

I know, that's what I'm hoping. I'm operating under the assumption that it was just a joke and she does indeed know the president's name.

Maybe a joke, maybe not.

Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't.

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I can hardly look at the first pic tho without getting sad about Brittney not making it. *weeps*

Britt wasn't on my radar, honestly, my aging, chardonnay soaked brain can't keep track of all the potentials, but now that I look at her, she's ADORBS. I love her haircut so much too. Her figure is great too. Who knows why they pick/don't pick people, I give up.

• Love 1

I kind of feel like, can't you do your own makeup for an interview?  Having a makeup artist for this seems a bit much.  If the artist did it for free, I guess that's different and free advertising for her.  They look lovely because they both are gorgeous girls, but they look like they have SO MUCH makeup on.  My eyelids feel heavy looking at the closeup shots.  I forget how much makeup these girls wear!

• Love 5
(edited)

I kind of feel like, can't you do your own makeup for an interview?

They both look great, but I had the same thought. They knew they might be on tv, so I can see why they did it. But I'm mentally adding this to the already insanely long list of expenses to get on this team. It's a wonder anyone without connections or disposable income ever makes it.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

She will try again. Of course I worked with her, but she also worked with other DCC Alum, including her dance teacher. The cartwheel was a dare; she would never do it. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I kind of feel like, can't you do your own makeup for an interview?  Having a makeup artist for this seems a bit much.  If the artist did it for free, I guess that's different and free advertising for her.  They look lovely because they both are gorgeous girls, but they look like they have SO MUCH makeup on.  My eyelids feel heavy looking at the closeup shots.  I forget how much makeup these girls wear!

I wonder if it's yet another plug/business partnership where they get it for free? They do name the business/makeup artist in their post, so could be that?

SO MUCH MAKEUP. I'm a makeup artist and that's it for these glamour looks. I have been doing prom makeup this month left and right and I hate sending 17 year olds out the door with ten layers, but that's what they want LOL!

Just now, ShellyB said:

She will try again. Of course I worked with her, but she also worked with other DCC Alum, including her dance teacher. The cartwheel was a dare; she would never do it. 

Dammit. Was it a cartwheel? I distinctly remember a sommersalt! Well, I'll keep my unicorn I guess then. I am SURE you worked with her on stuff, I was being silly about the cartwheel. Must be fun for you two to get to do this together.

• Love 4

I'm thinking that they probably got it done just because they wanted to look extra good for interviews. I suck at makeup so kudos to them for doing their own makeup every game and it looking flawless after 4 quarters and pregame.

I am sure it also has to do with being on a reality TV show lol You bet your booty i'd be getting someone to do my make up if i thought i'd somehow even flash across the screen LOL  don't need people seeing my mascara flaking on my cheeks or foundation not rubbed in properly haha 

• Love 6