Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Unforgiven

Harlee Santos takes drastic measures to cover up the murder of her abusive ex, Miguel. Lieutenant Matt Wozniak makes a deal with FBI Agent Robert Stahl to keep himself and his crew out of jail but soon discovers Stahl has led him into an impossible trap. As the crew deals with the fall-out from the failed heist, Tess struggles to keep her painful gunshot wound under wraps.

• Love 1

I miss Sap.

I was wondering how they were going to keep the show going with Woz captured but it was a smart move to make her be a link in the chain up to another level.  I just don't think they can do that for a third season.  

I don't think this show is super original but I've always liked the ambiance it creates from the way the precinct feels to the thunderstorm trick while they flashed back and forth between Julia & the mobster and Woz & Harlee. 

• Love 9

I never watched Breaking Bad (I know, I know) so I have no prior opinion of Anna Gunn but I think she really fits in well on this show. She and Ray Liotta especially have chemistry out the butt.

"If I only needed a dirty cop, I'd put a donut on a hook." Oh, Stahl's got jokes! He's still a massive fucking creep tho.

I like the direction this season is heading, with Woz now on the hook and the complications with Julia and the mob.

Yep, Sap's senseless death still really stings.

Smart of Harlee to get rid of Miguel's teeth so he can't be identified by his dental records. Hopefully she chopped off his fingers so he can't be identified that way either.

• Love 4

Arrghhh....my NBC station was totally glitching for the last 10 minutes of the show. I know it wasn't Direct TV because the other channels were fine.

Anyone care to recap, please?

Smart of Harlee to get rid of Miguel's teeth so he can't be identified by his dental records. Hopefully she chopped off his fingers so he can't be identified that way either.

So, that's what she was doing! Jeeze! How she sleeps at night! Glad the show is back

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cranky One said:

Arrghhh....my NBC station was totally glitching for the last 10 minutes of the show. I know it wasn't Direct TV because the other channels were fine.

Here's the last five minutes:

Before that, I suppose the most important thing was Harlee texting Cristina from Miguel's phone, telling her "he" had to leave and to never contact him again. Then she tossed his phone into the river.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Cranky One said:

Sorry, but I fell asleep for those last 10 minutes. Not because it was boring--I was just tired. Will have to re-watch. 

9 hours ago, helenamonster said:

I have no prior opinion of Anna Gunn but I think she really fits in well on this show. She and Ray Liotta especially have chemistry out the butt.

I like the direction this season is heading, with Woz now on the hook and the complications with Julia and the mob.

Woz seems to have great chemistry with everyone: Julia, Harlee, of course, and even Stahl. I loved Woz's dig about how Stahl would have a hard time dressing up a prostitute to look like him. 

This season Ray Liotta is doing a great job with Woz. Last season, I couldn't figure out what he wanted to do with the character: either he was either wayyy over the top maniacally evil, or he was paternal and sympathetic with Harlee and Christina. Or he was simply cold and heartless, as he was at work and with the rest of his corrupt cop team. It's okay to have more than one character quality, but last season's Woz was almost cartoonish. I like him much more this season after just one episode. 

• Love 5

I love this show. I know, but I can't help it. Ray Liotta is all kinds of awesome, and I could watch him 24/7. Plus his dialogue writers rocked it this week. I'm glad they recapped last season since I had totally forgotten everything that happened, even down to where Woz got the $ he was sitting on. I wish Harlee had given Miquel's money to her mysterious and cool friend instead of torching it, but if I remember correctly, he got a good cut last season. Still ... what a waste, especially if it wasn't traceable bills. I didn't know what Harlee was doing to Miguel's corpse either, so thanks for clarifying the dental work. (I think.) I didn't recognize Anna Gunn, and I watched every minute of Breaking Bad. So, good on her for changing it up from Mrs. White. Stahl ... still the creepiest creep who ever creeped.

• Love 6

I love this show. I know, but I can't help it.

Last year was "J Lo as a hard nosed dirty cop?  Executive producer Ryan Seacrest? HAHAHAHA." (watches the season) I'll be damned, this is good!"

Didn't get a chance to watch it last night properly due to a massive headache, so more thoughts later.

• Love 2

So, I just binged on Season 1 and was excited to watch last night's episode and liked it A LOT. A couple minor points: For a few seconds I tried to figure out who Margaret Colin was supposed to be until I realized she was replacing Lolita Davidovitch as Woz's wife. Funny comment about the new hairdo. My least fav character continues to be Cristina. I groaned out loud during scenes to come when she's talking to Stahl about finding Miguel. This girl, a daughter of a cop, just can't leave well enough alone and reaches out to everyone but her mom. I don't care that Harlee has lied to her-this girl can't be that dumb. That aside, looking forward to this season! 

• Love 8

Is Anna Gunn going to be a series regular? I HATED her on Breaking Bad, but I like her on this show. On the superficial side, she looks like she gained some weight. 

I agree about the daughter being the weakest link. I would much rather see more scene time with Drea (can't remember her character name) or hottie ADA Nava than Christina. 

Stahl is a creepy creep! 

• Love 2

I disliked Christina last season with a passion, and now this season she is going to be a PITA to everyone (including me) too. I don't mind that Harlee has a daughter to protect, but she needs to kick Christina's *ss instead of trying to coddle her. I'd be fine if somehow Christina gets "written off" although I know shows don't like to off kids, even PITA ones like Christina. But it would be a cool story line if Stahl (somehow) kills Christina, then gets blackmailed by Woz. Writers: Pay attention!

• Love 3

An additional thought about Cristina-for anyone who also watches Blue Bloods, Cristina is like Nikki on Blue Bloods. Thinks she's a know-it-all, gets in the way, pokes her nose into serious, adult things, and doesn't know when to shut up. 

End rant. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

An additional thought about Cristina-for anyone who also watches Blue Bloods, Cristina is like Nikki on Blue Bloods. Thinks she's a know-it-all, gets in the way, pokes her nose into serious, adult things, and doesn't know when to shut up. 

End rant. 

You'd have to imagine that this isn't the first situation where her mom has been in a dangerous situation or working on a big case and has to send Cristina to her aunt or someplace else for a few days. Why does she act like she's being inconvenienced by her mother's detective work? Maybe it's a teenager thing. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, juliet73 said:

Is Anna Gunn going to be a series regular? I HATED her on Breaking Bad, but I like her on this show. On the superficial side, she looks like she gained some weight. 

I agree about the daughter being the weakest link. I would much rather see more scene time with Drea (can't remember her character name) or hottie ADA Nava than Christina. 

Stahl is a creepy creep! 

Uh...yeah.  I was a little weirded out because she has gained significant weight -- but clearly, she needed it.  She looks very, very different than her BB days.

Glad it was confirmed Woz has a 'new' wife.  I was totally confused.

Liotta is awesome -- what's weird is watching him in pre-premiere interviews...he turns it on for his work.  In the interviews...he seems like he just wants a nap.  lol  (But I still adore him.)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I loved Anna on Deadwood, Breaking Bad and here as well.  She's technically a recurring character but her arc was billed as significant.  Donnie last season was recurring and he was in 11 of the 13 episodes.  Saperstein was recurring and he was in every episode until he was killed.

18 hours ago, hookedontv said:

For a few seconds I tried to figure out who Margaret Colin was supposed to be until I realized she was replacing Lolita Davidovitch as Woz's wife

I'm so glad you wrote this - I thought I was losing what little brain power I have left! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Just watched it last night, glad the show is back, wow Skyler has gained some weight. 

How will Harlee get Woz to trust her again? It's like we are now just co-workers not friends. :(

And why did she burn the money if she can keep it for herself?

Edited by piequinn35
added something
  • Love 1

Caught the premiere.  Thought it was pretty solid.  I was wondering how they would continue this, but the idea of Stahl making Woz a mole to go against Anna Gunn's character is an interesting idea, along with Harlee trying to inject herself into the proceedings.  The Harlee/Woz relationship continues to be the highlight, and both Jennifer Lopze and Ray Liotta are great together.

Looking forward to seeing more of Anna Gunn's character, the history she has with Harlee, Woz, and the rest of the cops, and whatever is going on with her and this mobster played by Ritchie Coster.

Not much of the rest of the cops this time, but I'm sure they'll factor in more in future episodes.

Cristina is still kind of annoying, but I can kind of understand why, since Harlee does keep lying and misleading her.

They recast Woz's wife, I see.

Stahl is still the biggest creep on the planet!

Harlee seem to do a good job at covering up her killing Miguel, but I have a feeling that is far, far from over.

• Love 3
On 3/6/2017 at 1:41 PM, hookedontv said:

So, I just binged on Season 1 and was excited to watch last night's episode and liked it A LOT. A couple minor points: For a few seconds I tried to figure out who Margaret Colin was supposed to be until I realized she was replacing Lolita Davidovitch as Woz's wife. Funny comment about the new hairdo. My least fav character continues to be Cristina. I groaned out loud during scenes to come when she's talking to Stahl about finding Miguel. This girl, a daughter of a cop, just can't leave well enough alone and reaches out to everyone but her mom. I don't care that Harlee has lied to her-this girl can't be that dumb. That aside, looking forward to this season! 

Yeah when the new actress was in the scene with Cristina, I was very confused about who she was. I loled at the hair comment as their "slick" little way to let us know it was the same character, new actress.

Cristina didn't bother me too much last season because I understood the plot point she served. But now, yeah, I kinda wish Harlee would just send her off to cello boarding school or something. I'd much rather have subplots with the other cops than Cristina.

On 3/6/2017 at 5:55 PM, BeatrixK said:

Liotta is awesome -- what's weird is watching him in pre-premiere interviews...he turns it on for his work.  In the interviews...he seems like he just wants a nap.  lol  (But I still adore him.)

He mentioned somewhere that he doesn't really like the press part of his job, so I think he just shows up to those sorts of things out of contractual obligation and feels no need to try. Which, hey, we all have parts of our job that we phone in.

On a somewhat related note, I follow him on Instagram and he is a delight. His captions are hilariously honest and weirdly uplifting. Anyone with an Instagram, I seriously recommend it.

• Love 2

LOL, that's how all the "Goodfellas," act in interviews, all of them. It's hilarious and painful to watch, and I say they've earned the privilege of not having to do those interviews. I wish the suits would stop sending them out to promote stuff, they don't need to. I see Liotta, De Niro, etc. I'm either going to check it out or not simply based on seeing their names because I already know how great they are.

• Love 2

I am a pretty big fan of Margaret Colin. She went to Hofstra University on Long Island in the late 70's when I was there. I did not know her but a friend who was a drama major knew her because Colin was in a few productions, I think. She left school for a role on The Edge of Night soap opera and never looked back. The link below says she is an alumni but not sure if that's true unless she went back. She was in a very short lived sitcom called Leg Work in '87, which also had Frances MacDormand in the cast. I remember liking the show and was a bit disappointed when it was cancelled. 

Hofstra has a good Drama program and lots of well known folks came out of there, some graduated and some just attended for a while. Francis Ford Coppola, for one. 

http://www.hofstra.edu/academics/colleges/hclas/dd/dd-alumni.html

• Love 1
On March 17, 2017 at 7:57 PM, prican58 said:

[Margaret Colin] was in a very short lived sitcom called Leg Work in '87,

I must have posted my Margaret C screen summary in another thread, but a very minor correction: her sitcom was Foley Square

Leg Work, which happened soon afterward, was an hourlong detective drama. It aired 6 episodes, then a few years later TV Land put those (plus 4 more that never got to air) into weekly rotation for some time, so that was the chance to catch up for a lot of us. I can still hum the theme song.