Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Getting Served

Niecy is just so stupid. I really, really can't with her. It's no surprise that she blew through all of her money and didn't set up the trust, but if there's a slight silver lining in the dumpster fire that is her life, at least she seems to be embarrassed by her choices and maybe, just maybe, she'll grow up. I'm sure in a few episodes, she'll backslide, but let me have this pipe dream. 

It was nice to see the Atlanta family. It was a welcomed break from MJ and her self-sabotaging ass ways. 

I was never inducted into nor interested in the Jack and Jill world. I get and respect the significance of the organization, but all of that bougieness and pretension would wear me out. 

PJ better steer clear of that Darth Susan aka his mentor's daughter. 

• Love 6

Niecy is just so stupid. I really, really can't with her. It's no surprise that she blew through all of her money and didn't set up the trust, but if there's a slight silver lining in the dumpster fire that is her life, at least she seems to be embarrassed by her choices and maybe, just maybe, she'll grow up. I'm sure in a few episodes, she'll backslide, but let me have this pipe dream. 

Jesus, all I kept thinking was why doesn't this girl go to cosmetology school? Start there, she's supposed to be good at doing hair; they've said it and shown it multiple times on this show. Wow, it's unbelievable how low her self-esteem or is she just that lazy? It would be one thing if she didn't have a skill, a skill that could very soon put her in business for herself.  At least take the damn money and enroll in a cosmetology program, but no...Yeah, I can't.  

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Jesus, all I kept thinking was why doesn't this girl go to cosmetology school? Start there, she's supposed to be good at doing hair; they've said it and shown it multiple times on this show. Wow, it's unbelievable how low her self-esteem or is she just that lazy? It would be one thing if she didn't have a skill, a skill that could very soon put her in business for herself.  At least take the damn money and enroll in a cosmetology program, but no...Yeah, I can't.  

That's what's so frustrating with Niecy. I think it's a combination of laziness and low self esteem. She can be a perpetual fuck up because she knows that she has a cushion. She has a loving, patient, supportive family. That money should've been set up for her children and she could've set some aside to better herself. Instead, she's out here buying an ain't shit boy a car and keeping her nails and hair fresh. 

She's like that dumbass lottery winner who spent the majority of her winnings bailing her ain't shit boyfriend out of jail. 

Doesn't Niecy have another sister? There's another one that has her shit together. Didn't she get engaged? What ever happened to her? I guess she got Judy Winslow'd. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 4

It makes me so mad.  I can't. It makes me so mad.  This is going to make me so mad for so long, LOL.

How can Niecy's grandparents just sit there, read the paper, be calm while their grandchild who lives in their house squandered 150K?

I get that her father was upset, but my god, oh my god.  I get that it wasn't anyone else's responsibility but Niecy's, but how could they let this happen.  

It would have been such a good idea to invest in some real estate, put some money away, blah blah. She could have lived off of that for so long.  I feel so privileged to have sensible parents. 

There is a lot of sense to MJ's idea of wanting to detach herself.  Good for her.  But damn, this was the wrong moment.

I guess this is all just to be a big teachable moment for Niecy and I guess it's deserved.  But you need to be educated, be taught responsibility... sigh. I forget how young or old she is.  Sorry.  I'm just so upset

Niecy's pride got the best of her at that club.  She couldn't prevent herself from showing another person up. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Doesn't Niecy have another sister? There's another one that has her shit together. Didn't she get engaged? What ever happened to her? I guess she got Judy Winslow'd. 

Yes, and when she showed up with her shit together on display, Niecy got in her feelings about it. Again, another moment when she could have reflected and said instead of being jealous of my got her shit together sister, I'm going to take my skill and perfect it and go enroll in cosmetology school. Again, but no...Then when her mother came, another perfect moment to reflect the mother played by the lovely Jill Scott, was even willing to help her out and told her to get a portfolio together. Again, but no

There is a lot of sense to MJ's idea of wanting to detach herself.  Good for her.  But damn, this was the wrong moment.

I died laughing when MJ and her brother were like OMG I can't, and proceeded to pass the phone back and forth trying to avoid it all.

MJ needs to stay right there, research some products to keep her weave from drying out and get daddy's ribs flown in from time to time. Visit of course, or find a warmer state to live in, just not the same state as Niecy and Co..

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I get that her father was upset, but my god, oh my god.  I get that it wasn't anyone else's responsibility but Niecy's, but how could they let this happen.  

It would have been such a good idea to invest in some real estate, put some money away, blah blah. She could have lived off of that for so long.  I feel so privileged to have sensible parents. 

I don't understand this.  Niecy is an adult.  Her parents could tell her what to do until the cows come home, but ultimately, you can't make an adult do anything they don't want to do.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It makes me so mad.  I can't. It makes me so mad.  This is going to make me so mad for so long, LOL.

How can Niecy's grandparents just sit there, read the paper, be calm while their grandchild who lives in their house squandered 150K?

I guess this is all just to be a big teachable moment for Niecy and I guess it's deserved.  But you need to be educated, be taught responsibility... sigh. I forget how young or old she is.  Sorry.  I'm just so upset

But she has been educated and taught responsibility. She just continues to make bad choices with her life.  I'm guessing she's in her early 20s at this point.   Her grandparents/father don't have much influence in how she spends her money.   They talked to her about what she should do, and helped her formulate a plan to set up the trust fund.   But at the end of the day, it was Niecy responsibility to show up a the lawyer's office to set it up.  MJ even said something slong the lines of, if she had been in town that she would have walked Niecy down to the lawyer's office herself and made sure she set up the trust fund.   But she immediately corrected herself, and realized she can't live a grown person's life for them, and that she needed to focus on herself.  

• Love 4

So Niecy needed to pay back the entire $150k and the car was only a part of that money.  If she takes the car back and gets $40k, where will she get the rest of the money? She already said she spent money on clothes, hair, and gave money to her friends.

PJ is so going to get into trouble trying to help that young intern bitch.  

Mama Shug Avery really is a bad actress.  She's lucky to have this gig. 

• Love 2

I just asked my sister before this episode why I watch when I don't like most of the characters?  Niecy is my least favorite, and I was punished with an episode mostly about her.  The only actor worse than the grandmother is Niecy's boyfriend.  He can't even say his lines. 

I can't even get started on this episode. It was so depressing, but then again this show is depressing.  I don't watch every episode, but I don't remember one "lighthearted" moment.   Everybody is always in crisis. 

Yes,there is a sister. I only know because I remembered her from the pilot episode (I think) and my best friend (who watches all the time) kept telling me I was making her up.  If I recall she lives in Colorado?  or somewhere like that, and she and/or her husband/boyfriend does something in the medical or dental field???

• Love 3

I get that Niecy is only 22 but she really has made a lot of mistakes for a person her age. And people keep rescuing her. They need to kick her out and let flail instead of rescuing her constantly. You couldn't live in my house for free and be getting your hair and nails done, buying designer clothes and contributing NOTHING to the household while I mind your children. Nope. I think that other baby mama gave her a wake up call that she's lucky to have all the support she has. I mean her grandparents should be relaxing and enjoying themselves instead they're stuck raising and living with grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, Sheenieb said:

It was nice to see the Atlanta family. It was a welcomed break from MJ and her self-sabotaging ass ways. 

I was never inducted into nor interested in the Jack and Jill world. I get and respect the significance of the organization, but all of that bougieness and pretension would wear me out. 

Niecy reminds me of my niece. They have the same personality and warped view of reality.  I can't tell you all of the drama that goes own in her life, bad choices, won't listen, and there are never any consequences for her actions,  23 years old and has 6 kids.  Niecy's grandfather was right to give his son the advice to let her fall, this is what I had to do with my niece instead of bailing her out of trouble each time. As a family we have tried everything to get her straight , but after 6 babies , failing the GED twice ,  will not keep a job, and her mother is not a disciplinarian this is one reason things are so bad, we just had to back off and let her fall.  Sometimes you have to fall down , so that you can look up.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

It's frustrating isn't it.. I live this drama in real life. I guess this is one reason I watch this show because my family is living this same crap with my ghetto ass niece. I did not like the show the first season, Mary Jane's character turned me off.  I  feel better watching now, glad I gave it a chance.  Yes Niecy has low-self esteem and she is lazy, just like my niece, maybe she's getting her head together now. I swear this character is just like my Niece, can talk a good game, intelligent and smart, but a real dumb-ass when it come to common sense.

19 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't understand this.  Niecy is an adult.  Her parents could tell her what to do until the cows come home, but ultimately, you can't make an adult do anything they don't want to do.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, After7Only said:

But she has been educated and taught responsibility. She just continues to make bad choices with her life.  I'm guessing she's in her early 20s at this point.   Her grandparents/father don't have much influence in how she spends her money.   They talked to her about what she should do, and helped her formulate a plan to set up the trust fund.   But at the end of the day, it was Niecy responsibility to show up a the lawyer's office to set it up.  MJ even said something slong the lines of, if she had been in town that she would have walked Niecy down to the lawyer's office herself and made sure she set up the trust fund.   But she immediately corrected herself, and realized she can't live a grown person's life for them, and that she needed to focus on herself.  

QUOTE FROM RHOBH:

We have no power over anyone else's life, we can share, but we can't change anything:

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, Sheenieb said:

I was so moved by the women of Jack & Jane when they came forward to confess what they were going through , It made that Bougie idiot look crazy. We all have some drama,  no perfect families, life is real. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1

I think the reason the grandparents haven't kicked Niecy out is because they would worry about the great-grandkids and how Niecy would care for them.  Niecy knows that her kids are her ace in the hole. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think the reason the grandparents haven't kicked Niecy out is because they would worry about the great-grandkids and how Niecy would care for them.  Niecy knows that her kids are her ace in the hole. 

Yes, thank God for grandparents :

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:56 PM, Ohwell said:

So Niecy needed to pay back the entire $150k and the car was only a part of that money.  If she takes the car back and gets $40k, where will she get the rest of the money? She already said she spent money on clothes, hair, and gave money to her friends.

PJ is so going to get into trouble trying to help that young intern bitch.  

Mama Shug Avery really is a bad actress.  She's lucky to have this gig. 

Really, I think she's great , (  Mama Shug Avery)  she plays this role just like a woman that has major health issues, and who is somewhat crabby and overbearing ,  and who is the heart of her home and has a husband and children that adore her., she reminds me of my mom whom I miss terribly.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, byrd said:

Really, I think she's great , (  Mama Shug Avery)  she plays this role just like a woman that has major health issues, and who is somewhat crabby and overbearing ,  and who is the heart of her home and has a husband and children that adore her., she reminds me of my mom whom I miss terribly.

My problem with Mama Shug is that her line delivery is very flat.  I know she's supposed to look and maybe even sound frail but she just speaks with little or no emotion.

I'm sorry about your mom.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

My problem with Mama Shug is that her line delivery is very flat.  I know she's supposed to look and maybe even sound frail but she just speaks with little or no emotion.

I'm sorry about your mom.

Yes, I see what you mean now, you are very sweet and kind.. thanks for your concern:    

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, byrd said:

I was so moved by the women of Jack & Jane when they came forward to confess what they were going through , It made that Bougie idiot look crazy. We all have some drama,  no perfect families, life is real. 

Hey , was that Bougie lady over Jack & Jane the same one that's after MJ's father ? Waiting on her mother to die, so she can go after him ?  Someone tell me please if I'm correct because past seasons I have seen her flirting with MJ's father.

19 hours ago, byrd said:

Hey , was that Bougie lady over Jack & Jane the same one that's after MJ's father ? Waiting on her mother to die, so she can go after him ?  Someone tell me please if I'm correct because past seasons I have seen her flirting with MJ's father.

I thought that was her too. In fact, I thought the show was going to make something more of that since this was the first time we've seen her since that episode when she made the play for MJ's dad and got shut down. No mention was made at all, so I believed I was mistaken about who she was. 

There was the potential for some good drama to come from the conflict between the two women. Instead, nothing. Pity.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:41 AM, TVForever said:

I thought that was her too. In fact, I thought the show was going to make something more of that since this was the first time we've seen her since that episode when she made the play for MJ's dad and got shut down. No mention was made at all, so I believed I was mistaken about who she was. 

There was the potential for some good drama to come from the conflict between the two women. Instead, nothing. Pity.

I know now that it definitely was her. The Mother shut her down real fast at the Debutant Ball that season. If you can recall this episode, his wife wanted a special table at the ball because she's on the board and it was very expensive. That woman made him promise to dance with her at the ball in exchange for the table., well mother interrupted that dance. She also came to the house to visit mother when she was ill, expecting to see her bedridden, she was surprised when mother was walking around looking good, she was hoping she was near death. Mother is no fool , she know this "HEIFER" was trolling her man.

Edited by byrd
48 minutes ago, byrd said:

I know now that it definitely was her. The Mother shut her down real fast at the Debutant Ball that season. If you can recall this episode, his wife wanted a special table at the ball because she's on the board and it was very expensive. That woman made him promise to dance with her at the ball in exchange for the table., well mother interrupted that dance. She also came to the house to visit mother when she was ill, expecting to see her bedridden, she was surprised when mother was walking around looking good, she was hoping she was near death. Mother is no fool , she know this "HEIFER" was trolling her man.

Absolutely, Byrd. That was actually the first episode that I liked Mama Shug ( after al these years, she's still Shug Avery to me). She showed how to shut a home wrecker down. No screaming, no hair-pulling, no histrionics, no drama; just quietly going about her business, but letting that woman ( and her husband, too), know just who Wifey was, and who was not. That was nice.

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 0:33 AM, catrice2 said:

The only actor worse than the grandmother is Niecy's boyfriend.  He can't even say his lines. 

The worst actor on the show by far is the little boy who plays Trayvon. Come on show! Atlanta os crawling with kid actors who don't sound like they're struggling through their first Easter Speech.

• Love 3
On 2/25/2017 at 9:16 PM, talktoomuch said:

The worst actor on the show by far is the little boy who plays Trayvon. Come on show! Atlanta os crawling with kid actors who don't sound like they're struggling through their first Easter Speech.

Sadly, I agree. I try not be hard on child actors because they're, well, children. But they certainly could have found a better child actor to play Trayvion. He must be related to someone on the production staff. 

• Love 1