Type keyword(s) to search

S34: Aubry Bracco

Jabu
  • Start Topic

Hi.  I am from Kaoh Rong (aka Brains vs. Brains vs. Beauty 2).  And I am going to align with power players this time.

Hilariously, she regrets letting Joe eat as much red meat as he did.  Good thing, too, as that led to his evacuation, which did ultimately lead to her downfall.

Edited by Jabu

Considering how polarizing the outcome of her season was, I'm a little nervous for Aubry going in.  I don't know if she'll really been seen a threat, per se, but I really hope she can do well and go far, and make moves.  Probst created a teeny firestorm today in one of his interviews by getting another dig in at the outcome of KR (it seemed totally random why it was brought up, but dang, he really can't let that one go).  For the people and the cast of KR that didn't vote Aubry and didn't want an Aubry victory, that'll just give them a reason to further justify her losing.  And since it'll be people like Scot and Jason gloating, I really don't want that to happen.

• Love 1

It is interesting that Aubry played this season two weeks after her last one. Of course, she was in the Final 3 but didn't know if she won or not. They wouldn't find out for a whole year due to Second Chances. I can't recall if she knew she was going to lose when tribal council ended or not. I doubt the TPTB would have put her on Game Changers if they knew she had won, would they? Either way, I really like her and how she worked with Tai. Will they work together again? I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It is interesting that Aubry played this season two weeks after her last one. Of course, she was in the Final 3 but didn't know if she won or not. They wouldn't find out for a whole year due to Second Chances. I can't recall if she knew she was going to lose when tribal council ended or not. I doubt the TPTB would have put her on Game Changers if they knew she had won, would they? Either way, I really like her and how she worked with Tai. Will they work together again? I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

The cast flew out for this season 2 weeks after the survivor 32 finale in May. So, yes she did know that she lost.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, LanceM said:

The cast flew out for this season 2 weeks after the survivor 32 finale in May. So, yes she did know that she lost.

It will be interesting to see if that has any affect on her game or not. Hopefully, she'll address it in her confessionsals. 

• Love 1

I can see someone like Sierra doing well even though she's from a recent season simply because she's a nonentity and no one will be at all threatened by her. Same for Hali really. But people will be threatened by Aubry, so I could see her going early. Although, I could also see some of these idiots (the men mostly) thinking she's not threatening and letting her slide by.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can see someone like Sierra doing well even though she's from a recent season simply because she's a nonentity and no one will be at all threatened by her. Same for Hali really. But people will be threatened by Aubry, so I could see her going early. Although, I could also see some of these idiots (the men mostly) thinking she's not threatening and letting her slide by.

Sandra picked her to go first because she almost won. I think she'll have a bit of a target on her. 

I can understand why Aubry would want to come back now, even if a few seasons down the road might have been better for her.  Unlike someone like Cirie or Tony, I believe the target might have shifted slightly off of her over time.  However, after reading that interview with Jeff about CBS wanting to go for more recent seasons in these returning player seasons, I can see why she would jump at the chance.  I look at someone like Carolyn from WA, who was rumored for this season, and was also on the ballot for SC.  She may get another chance, but the more seasons that go by, the less likely her chances might be (especially if they find someone else that fits her "type").  A lot of the same names get brought up for returning player seasons, but it never happens.  So if Aubry had turned it down this season, that might have been it.  

• Love 4

Totally agree that it's kind of now or never for Aubry.  But I don't agree she's any kind of threat.  Honestly I think she's a babe in the woods out there compared to people like Cirie!  Which might be good for her, though, surely it would seem more pressing to take out some of the bigger, badder players.  But I suppose it all depends on perception, and how large her season is looming in people's minds, as the last they'd seen.

• Love 2

Aubry at her best was easily the best player of her season, I thought.  Her nerves got her into trouble a few times: if she can bring that under control, she's good to excellent at virtually every aspect of Survivor. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

But I don't agree she's any kind of threat ...But I suppose it all depends on perception, and how large her season is looming in people's minds, as the last they'd seen.

I agree that she's not a real threat, but I'm thinking that the recency might make her seem like a bigger threat than she is. Also, sure people like Cirie and JT and Sandra are far bigger threats than her, but they're also legends in the Survivor world, so I think that could make people more likely to work with them despite their threat status simply because people know/like them and Aubry doesn't really have that since she's a newer player.

I've seen her name come up by some of the castaways as someone they are watching out for, in addition to everyone being asked 'does it worry you there are 4 KR members here?'  This season filmed right after the KR finale, so everyone from that season would be fresh in the minds of the rest of the cast.  That's why I say down the road it might have worked out for Aubry better.

• Love 1

Thinking of the Kao Rong final 3, who won got me wondering how many seasons there has been mostly people I didn't like that much at the end.  Sometimes its almost like some averaging thing happens, not the best, not the worst.  To me the KR f3 fits that bill,   My memory is so bad though.  I remember Aubry but not as KR and had to google who won KR.  I remember a lot of the season but not f3, not too memorable.  The thing with Aubry is she would probably get voted most improved.  If she keeps improving she is going to have an impact.

• Love 1

It's such a shock to have Aubry front and center on one season and then purple in another season. I'm hoping she gets more airtime and gets in good with an alliance to make it far in the game. I guess the same could be said for Zeke and Michaela. So little airtime and no storyline.

• Love 3

Zeke I can understand since he has yet to go to TC and lose a challenge, so his tribes haven't really been much focus.  That said, for being such a Probst fave, I'm surprised Andrea has gotten more screen time over him.  I can understand them focusing on Ozzy, Troyzan, and Cirie.  I'm wondering if Zeke is too overwhelmed.  It's why I'm not really a fan of people playing back to back without having a break in between, and everyone seeing their season.  Zeke's run on MvsGX didn't exactly go well when he got blindsided.  I think Michaela might have the same issue-she seems overwhelmed, and for some reason her tribe doesn't seem to want to utilize her in challenges.  Going off in the first ep over being a fake first boot to throw Ciera off might have made her afraid to make any moves.  

As for Aubry-I'm also surprised, and sad, that she's faded into the background.  I'm hoping that changes as the game goes on.  I mainly want someone to team up and knock Brad and his alliance off their pedestal.

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Zeke I can understand since he has yet to go to TC and lose a challenge, so his tribes haven't really been much focus.  That said, for being such a Probst fave, I'm surprised Andrea has gotten more screen time over him.  I can understand them focusing on Ozzy, Troyzan, and Cirie.  I'm wondering if Zeke is too overwhelmed.  It's why I'm not really a fan of people playing back to back without having a break in between, and everyone seeing their season.  Zeke's run on MvsGX didn't exactly go well when he got blindsided.  I think Michaela might have the same issue-she seems overwhelmed, and for some reason her tribe doesn't seem to want to utilize her in challenges.  Going off in the first ep over being a fake first boot to throw Ciera off might have made her afraid to make any moves.  

As for Aubry-I'm also surprised, and sad, that she's faded into the background.  I'm hoping that changes as the game goes on.  I mainly want someone to team up and knock Brad and his alliance off their pedestal.

Exactly! I totally agree. I know it's hard to show everyone. Of course, we don't see everything but I will be curious how they do and find out if they were surprised by the purple edit (as of now). Everyone saw Aubry's season and that she "almost" won. She might be down playing her whole game. Zeke and Michaela's season hadn't even aired. They may be laying even lower then Aubry. It makes for boring television and less screen time. I'm still holding out hope. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

Aubry did mention that she was nervous going in because they left right after her season aired, so she's very fresh in everyone's mind.  And the downside of being s fan fave, is if everyone saw the backlash to her losing (which is the first time in a long time I can remember a win being so disputed), that might make her more of a target.  There was a extra clip I'll have to see if I can find, where she basically says she is just another number but at the bottom and knows it.  It seemed like original Mana was tight.

Edited by LadyChatts
19 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Aubry did mention that she was nervous going in because they left right after her season aired, so she's very fresh in everyone's mind.  And the downside of being s fan fave, is if everyone saw the backlash to her losing (which is the first time in a long time I can remember a win being so disputed), that might make her more of a target.  There was a extra clip I'll have to see if I can find, where she basically says she is just another number but at the bottom and knows it.  It seemed like original Mana was tight.

Aubry being robbed of a win seems so long ago. LOL!! They left two weeks later and GenX hadn't even aired. I'm sure she is smart enough to know that she needed to lay low. I'm hoping she gets to make a move here and there. She could be in the Final 3 for all I know. I just hope they show her game.....soon.

• Love 3

Honestly, I think she should be feeling really, really lucky that a swap's coming up next week.  She was played almost as badly as J.T. was tonight and is only slightly better off than he is now (for the simple reason that at least she's still in the game while he's out of it).

The fact that she threw in with him in the first place, though, made me very disappointed in her.

• Love 2

I get the feeling Aubry threw in with Malcolm from the time they hit the beach at the season's opening, and JT only joined them after the swap.  Maybe Aubry could have renegotiated after JT's cluster-fuck got Malcolm booted.  Not so easy, though, when lines had already been drawn in the sand.

Actually, JT almost survived the night despite himself.  Varner, the swing vote, looked conflicted.  (The evidence suggests to me the complaints about Michaela are not unfounded.)  Maybe if JT had not kept running his mouth at tribal, Jeff would have sided with Aubry and JT. 

9 minutes ago, kikaha said:

Actually, JT almost survived the night despite himself.  Varner, the swing vote, looked conflicted.  (The evidence suggests to me the complaints about Michaela are not unfounded.)  Maybe if JT had not kept running his mouth at tribal, Jeff would have sided with Aubry and JT. 

I don't think so.  I suspect that Jeff had been tight with Sandra since their days at Mana and was never really going to side against her.  Probably not least because he knew she could make his life miserable if he did.  (I kid, I kid. . . . Mostly.)

10 minutes ago, kikaha said:

I get the feeling Aubry threw in with Malcolm from the time they hit the beach at the season's opening, and JT only joined them after the swap.  Maybe Aubry could have renegotiated after JT's cluster-fuck got Malcolm booted.  Not so easy, though, when lines had already been drawn in the sand.

Possibly, since Aubry was in an alliance with him.  But she had to have known how dumb J.T. could often be.

• Love 3

Hopefully, we get to see Sandra, Michelela, Varner & Aubry after Tribal Council but before the swap. I want to see what they tell her about keeping her in the dark or if they assure she isn't really on the bottom when she actually is. Then there is a swap and BAM she gets her footing on a new tribe and the rest of them are screwed. I'm really curious to see how it plays out.

• Love 2

I'm starting to love Aubry again. I grew a bit tired of her in BBB2 and then after the finale when the internet was all, "Aubry was way better than Michele!" I started to hate her. But even though we barely see her this season when we do she's hilarious.

• Love 3

I wonder if she had as much fun as she did the first time? The first time she made the finals & got a lot of air time. Now, she's had no air time but we don't know the out come. She doesn't seem as happy or as engaged this time around. I know she went into the game right after the finale which may play a part. Although, she didn't go back to back like Zeke & Michaela.  I don't think when you are out there you think about air time. They are all playing and think it's all taped (I assume it is) but she doesn't seem as happy this time. Maybe, it's me wanting to see more of her. 

• Love 1

Many contestants who get little airtime are surprised after the show airs.  I was disappointed Aubry was so invisible during the first half of the season, and was hoping she wasn't too intimidated to try and play the game.  I know she was nervous going into the game right after her season aired.  But I'm glad she's finally gotten her head into the game.  Her reaction to her conversation with Debbie was hysterical.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

But I'm glad she's finally gotten her head into the game.  Her reaction to her conversation with Debbie was hysterical.

I take it from that reaction that she really doesn't like Debbie. . . .

20 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Many contestants who get little airtime are surprised after the show airs.  I was disappointed Aubry was so invisible during the first half of the season, and was hoping she wasn't too intimidated to try and play the game.  I know she was nervous going into the game right after her season aired.  But I'm glad she's finally gotten her head into the game.  Her reaction to her conversation with Debbie was hysterical.

Well, she did say in her ore interviews that was going to stay under the radar and lay low. Everyone had just seen her Finale where she had just lost to Michelle. The general consensus at that time was that she was robbed. She might been trying to stay out of trouble and say very little. Obviously, it's worked for her since she's in the Top 10. Of course, it might have affect her air time, too.

On 5/6/2017 at 0:04 PM, LadyChatts said:

[Aubry's] reaction to her conversation with Debbie was hysterical.

20 hours ago, Nalan said:

I take it from that reaction that she really doesn't like Debbie. . . .

Gotta give Editing their props on that'un.  The juxtaposition of (a) Debbie saying Aubry would believe anything Debbie told her with (b) Aubry's eyeroll at Debbie's jabbering?  Beauty.

• Love 3

I know Aubry was quite invisible this season until the end, but was the only thing Probst could ask her at the reunion was about Cochran?  

I hope she returns again.  I think playing so close to her last season did a number on her, but coming back down the road, I hope/expect different. 

• Love 2

When Aubry and Cirie were out, I mentally wrote off this season because I didn't much like anyone left in.  I didn't like the Michelle win because it was out of left field but I didn't like the Sarah win because it felt entirely telegraphed, and yet still I never found Sarah particularly rootable beyond, "Well, at least she's not that insufferable, insurance fraud perp Brad..."

Aubry should be the poster girl of how Survivor cures anxiety. Exhibit 1: Aubrey in the first episodes of her first season. Exhibit 2: Aubry any time this season.

I like her a lot, she shows a weird mix of savvy, Tai whisperer power and laser focused analysis on what's going on around her. And also, and I'm surprising myself with liking that trait, while she has great strategic ideas (vote out Troy, for once), if nobody bites, she rolls with it. After all, she has a great life outside the game.  

• Love 6

Interesting talk with Aubry on RHAP. She took a deep dive on both of her seasons. It was interesting to hear how upset they were when they found out Kaoh Rong was being delayed and switched with 2nd Chances. She seemed kind of worn out and that it's been a long 2 years. It is amazing that she made the finals in Kaoh Rong but had to wait to wait a year to find out the results. Although, she knew she had lost. Then she had to wait another 9 months for 2nd Chances to air. That's a lot of sitting around waiting to see how you are portrayed. I like the old days when they filmed and it was aired 3 months later. LOL!!!

• Love 6

Thanks @ByaNose, I listened to that today at work.  It made the time fly by.  I haven't been a huge Aubry fan and I'm still not, but her very human flaws (which are hardly important flaws, more like "I see you doing the thing I always do which I don't like about myself" sorts of things) made it all the more interesting for me.  I'm not convinced by her explanations of some of her moves (by which I mean, I still don't think they were great or even necessary moves), but I really felt for her.  She got a raw deal from the producers and the Survivor gods both in a lot of ways.  She didn't ask to be at the center of the AUBRY VS MICHELE controversy, she had to wait a million years to see herself lose, she got called back too soon and it set her up for failure pretty much.  It was interesting how she said she identified with Michaela when Michaela said she felt like she had to play Game Changers "in a box" and sort of wasn't allowed to do anything or talk to anyone, and that Zeke felt the same way -- which, until Rob pointed it out, she maybe didn't realize might have been because they were recent players and to some extent unknown quantities.  And she felt she couldn't even talk about Kaoh Rong the way she wanted to in the post-game interviews because those interviews became part of the pre-game for her.  It's hard for me to imagine being in the situation Aubry was this season, 37 solid days of futility -- apparently people were still bringing up that she "talked to Tony" in the last few days of the game as a reason not to trust her.  (These must have been people who voted Ciera out instead of Tony, I might note...)  I maybe took it especially keenly because I suspect if I were out there my experience would be a lot like Aubry's; I'd probably struggle a good deal and if very lucky might get my feet under me enough to play well, but make a ton of mistakes too, and in a lot of ways her Game Changers experience sounds like my literal Survivor nightmares.  But she made some good friends it seems (including unlikely ones like Nick and even Kyle Jason) and the very interesting advice from Michele to be "quiet at camp and loud at tribal".

Really, a fascinating interview start to finish.

• Love 7

I'm going to look for this interview. Aubry's really impressed in different ways both seasons, the first time because she changed so much over the season, the second because the few moments we had of her showed a "real" person, i.e. genuine, in her boredom, her excitement, her interest, her reactions to people and situations around her, her random crush on a guy she saw on TV (and to way she threw that back at Probst), her enjoying herself, her just going through the motions - she could be one of my friends, maybe the one who overcame the angst of her 20s and is now very comfortable in her skin and her choices big and small.

She got dealt a tough hand both times, mostly this second time, I think, because this time she came more prepared and it didn't work out, whereas the first time she was as unprepared as Cirie when she first played... But she must have a strong life going on, because she never once confused Survivor with Life.

Also, I like her soft approach to people. Asking Tai "What do you want to do?" got her good results in both seasons (if more short live in the most recent one). I think that skill got seriously underestimated, probably because she was not the bubbly, social persona that a Parvati can be, for instance. I do however remain convinced that her approach can be powerful.   

• Love 6