Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: Jasmine

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Did Jasmine say she wet on herself? If so, did that happen BEFORE she entered the hotel to meet the John? Yikes. 

I really didn't feel for anyone in this episode. Jasmine seemed like a spoiled, whiny brat who didn't really have any discipline while growing up. Her "tears" at finding her family in the hotel suite and during the intervention were so fake IMO. 

Finally, an adult steps up when they see someone is on drugs and gets the innocent baby out of the situation. I don't know what happened with Jasmine and her ex when the "assault" happened, but it must not have been too terrible with him obtaining shared custody of their child after the assault, then eventually getting full custody when Jasmine went full on in her addiction. 

All that said, I'm glad she got help. She looked great after 90 days. 

• Love 6

This chick was casually sitting in the passenger seat of a moving vehicle and smoking her patch, but nothing happened to her. I received a ticket for not stopping long enough at a red light before I turned right. Sigh.

Also, I can't imagine sitting down with someone especially my grandfather and discussing if I bought dope, how good the dope was and whether or not I was ripped off in the process!

• Love 5

Yes, I sure did.  That was a powerful episode.

That episode with Jasmine was wrong on so many levels. First, the grandfather; he was one of the worst enablers I've seen on any episode, US or Canadian. Secondly, what was Jasmine's mother thinking by driving Jasmine to her dealer and making sure the fentanyl patch was legit? She's a NURSE!  I don't know how it works in Canada, but down here, if she'd gotten caught "helping" Jasmine, she probably would have permanently lost her license to practice.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, grisgris said:

I think the Canadian episodes are a lot more interesting than the American ones.

Grisgris! You read my mind. At first I thought I loved them because I'm a Canuck and I love hearing/seeing familiar cities and accents. I can also relate to what different communities in Canada are experiencing - but now I think that the Canadian episodes have a different vibe and it's a nice change!

• Love 1

As a mother with a daughter in recovery I am shocked to read these comments.  My daughter also grew up in a loving home without abuse. She suffered from anxiety and turned to drugs and alcohol.  When I read these and hear how many people judge Jasmine (who has worked so hard to gain sobriety), it breaks my heart.   I sure hope she doesn't read these comments.  I for one am proud of you and I'm rooting for you.   Sending you much love and compassion.  

Sue 

• Love 2

As a mother with a daughter in recovery I am shocked to read these comments.  My daughter also grew up in a loving home without abuse. She suffered from anxiety and turned to drugs and alcohol.  When I read these and hear how many people judge Jasmine (who has worked so hard to gain sobriety), it breaks my heart.   I sure hope she doesn't read these comments.  I for one am proud of you and I'm rooting for you.   Sending you much love and compassion.  

Sue 

I think the comments here are pretty tame and mostly supportive. Just my opinion though.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:04 PM, Enero said:

. I don't know what happened with Jasmine and her ex when the "assault" happened, but it must not have been too terrible with him obtaining shared custody of their child after the assault, then eventually getting full custody when Jasmine went full on in her addiction.

Men who abuse their partners get visitation and custody all the time. In fact, it's one way abusive men continue controlling women who leave them. Dare to object, and she is likely to be accused of "parental alienation". This isn't even rare. Too bad that doubting abuse victims isn't, either. 

• Love 1