Type keyword(s) to search

The Bletchley Circle - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought I was so late to this party, but look!  A post from April 2015!  I also was very perplexed about the 17-year-old daughter, and thought I had the date of the episode wrong.  Because 1945 (after a nine-month gestation) plus 17 years is 1962, and I thought the series was in the 1950s?  Or are we supposed to ignore her age?  I did a little reading on the series, but did not see anything to explain this. 

Hello back to you!  I am still waiting for answer to this question.  The second part of my post above was answered in Part II.

Just watched Season1 last week....Love, love,  love the smart writing and the actresses. So glad that they made the women  friends, but not besties, and each with their own talents!  

As drab , or sturdy (?) , as the clothes and decor is in this time period of Britain, I really like the style,  because it's so classic.... also, maybe because I was born in the 50's and like looking back at my mom's photos and the fashions of that time.   So much more class than today's everyday fashions. 

On 1/11/2018 at 2:13 PM, Caia said:

In the 'completely unexpected revivals' category:  The Bletchley Circle:San Francisco is being revived by BritBox and ITV.

How funny I sell collectibles on ebay and the production company (based in Canada btw) just bought something from me to use as a prop, LOL, and that why I am here I knew that you guys would have the word on the show coming back (or at least a reincarnation!) 

• Love 1

I just saw a promotion for this on my television, and was really having trouble understanding why it was being revived (with two or more of the original characters?), and why on earth is was being set in San Francisco.  How very peculiar.  I liked "The Bletchley Circle" and I like San Francisco, but together it would be like roast beef in a trifle.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, dcalley said:

Weird!

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, Caia said:

In the 'completely unexpected revivals' category:  The Bletchley Circle:San Francisco is being revived by BritBox and ITV.

(edited)
6 hours ago, jjj said:

I just saw a promotion for this on my television, and was really having trouble understanding why it was being revived (with two or more of the original characters?), and why on earth is was being set in San Francisco.  How very peculiar.  I liked "The Bletchley Circle" and I like San Francisco, but together it would be like roast beef in a trifle.

I read that San Francisco (along with other locations around the world) actually had a code breaking circle. 

So that, and probably production  related reasons, would make it a reasonable location. 

Edited by Anothermi
To complete my post after my keyboard froze & I had to reboot

All the coats are lovely but I really want Susan's coat. I've spotted a similar coat but it's a bit out of my price range so I'm waiting for a sale. It is a bit of a problem when the fashion is the most interesting thing about the show.

I saw it---it was very different than the first seasons, and unfortunately my favorite characters were the ones who didn't go to SF, but that said, I liked it and I liked some of the new characters they added.

• Love 1