Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E09: Still Throwin' Punches

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Maybe it's that Jay-charisma that Zeke was talking about in last week's episode, but I too enjoy Jay very VERY much. Everyone else can fight over Ken, I'll have me some Jay.

I like Jay, too.  I believe he'll survive this week due to his idol, but I hope he can hang on a little longer after that.  Hopefully if the GenXers start turning on each other, Jay becomes an after thought to get rid of.  Truthfully, I don't know if he can win.  It will probably depend if it's a super bitter jury or not.  Right now, the only ones I feel don't have the best chance of winning are Adam, Hannah, and Sunday, and probably Jessica.  I don't know how well liked Adam is, but considering he's all over the place, Hannah's kind of flaky, and Sunday and Jessica haven't done anything much in this game (so far)...hard to say.  I never expected Natalie A to win SJDS since I don't remember much about her until the Jeremy boot.  People can suddenly come out of no where to win.  I will say, though this season has bored me, I have liked the unpredictability of it.  Obviously Taylor going last week wasn't a huge shock, but I really don't know whose next, or who will win, and most of the early boots (minus CeCe) were pretty surprising.

• Love 2
On 11/17/2016 at 11:47 PM, AliShibaz said:

Poor old Tayls will be spending a few weeks in Ponderosa with Young Hot Michelle.

Care to guess what might happen? Care to guess what Figgy might be pissed about?

I'm guessing that if anyone I know ever decides to get married, I'd like to have them watch this season and then tell them to be careful they don't ever marry someone like Tayls because if he has no qualms about cheating his friends out of their food, what are the odds he wouldn't cheat on his wife?

I wonder if any woman who has ever seen this season of Survivor would ever be so stupid as to marry Good Old Tayls?

Um. Nothing?  Unless of course you think Tayls is so irresistible that women cannot resist his charms. This does seem pretty insulting to Michelle by the way who has shown no inclination whatsoever that she is attracted in any way to Tayls or anyone else for that matter on the island.

(For the record in her pre-game interview Michelle mentions having a boyfriend and unlike Tayls she doesn't seem to be the cheating type)

• Love 15
14 hours ago, LanceM said:

(For the record in her pre-game interview Michelle mentions having a boyfriend and unlike Tayls she doesn't seem to be the cheating type)

Michelle also said she was willing to be someone's downfall in the game, a la Samson and Delilah. I don't think that extends to Ponderosa though.

Right!  Looks like Tays has plans to be an extra for Viking History on the History Chanel.  Bangin Bod?  Um, no.

At first I thought the above said he was going to be an extra for the Vikings. (Huh??)

I love Will's voice. It has that nice, deep tone.

As to the nasal accent others mentioned, I don't notice it at all. Granted, I grew up in an area affected by the Northern Cities Vowel Shift (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Cities_Vowel_Shift ) and don't tend to notice a lot of fairly common nasal accents.

Count me as another person who thought Jay was referring to himself when he said he wasn't just a dumb surfer. I think he gets pissed off by the "Millennials have no goals and don't know how to work" stereotype and can't help responding even as he's willing to play along with the theme and work it for camera time.

• Love 4

The casting this season seems to me to be the best I can ever remember. 

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. One would hope the producers have gotten enough backlash from casting the sort of bullies that have populated the show for the past several seasons to make an effort in course-correction, but that may be overly optimistic for this show. It's probably more likely they just didn't get the "big" personalities (i.e. jerks) they were hoping for. Also, the "millennial vs. Gen-X" gimmick probably made them look harder for idiot slackers and blue collar mooks than their usual "villains."

It's one thing to behave like a goof. But when one's goofy behavior will obviously be very hurtful to someone else, there is just no excuse. What a fool! The fact that Taylor is a so-called "Millenial" does not excuse a thing. 

Let's not overlook, or underestimate, the influence the producers and directors have over these people, let alone the editing. I think it's quite likely the producers encouraged Taylor to pursue a show-mance and assured him it would bolster his profile. A lot of the things he said in interviews felt prompted by the producers who were probably telling him what a great "character" he was, and how funny everyone would think he was. And he seems just naive to believe it.

• Love 5