Type keyword(s) to search

The View 2016 Election Night Special on Lifetime

• Start Topic

The View 2016 Election Night special starts at 9pm (eastern) on LIFETIME!

From PEOPLE:

Co-hosts Joy Behar, Jedediah Bila, Candace Cameron Bure, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin tackle the race for the White House with journalists SuChin Pak live from Times Square and ABC News’ Juju Chang, who will flesh out election results minute by minute.

The special will provide live analysis of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump’s race to become POTUS 44, and the co-hosts will also follow Raven-Symoné on her house hunt and find whether she’ll move to Canada if Trump wins.

Special guests include Trump-shamed Miss Universe winner Alicia Machado, election-inspired bites from Rocco DiSpirito and Donald Trump impersonator Anthony Atamanuik, as well as special messages from actors Lena Dunham and Kathy Griffin.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Thank you, CR. Happy for a Sunny-Joy fest (funny how upbeat both their names are...lol)--without Whoopi or Raven.

Wow.  I was thinking the same thing yesterday, only I put Rosie in the trifecta.  Dare I dream Rosie O. comes through with a surprise appearance tonight?  

• Love 3
(edited)

Joy is so nervous, lol.  She is going to drop dead live on the air if Hillary doesn't win.  

omg is Cameron really reciting all the presidents in order .... seriously?  That's really impressive.  If you are in the third grade. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I missed a lot of the show ... when I checked in there always seemed to be something silly on and I changed the channel back to the news stations quickly.  

But I did see the very end where Joy was saying how disappointed she was and Sonny - who I usually like - was spewing some Pollyanna crap about how we all now have to join hands and sing Kumbaya  and shit.  Something about how he is now our president and we have to support him .... And Joy was having none of it. Thank god.

She mentioned not standing behind things George W, Bush did that she thought were crap and the audience applauded.  She was saying that you don't blindly go along with whatever the president says or wants "just because" ...  Sorry, I am tired and doing a poor job of paraphrasing, but I think I am communicating the gist of what Joy said.  She was clearly disappointed but not hateful or bitter .... but the idea that suddenly everyone was expected to fall in line behind Trump offended her.  And me. I like to think that isn't what Sunny meant, but ... eh, it was a long night.  I'd like to just give her the benefit of the doubt.  But I kinda wanted to smush a muffin in her face. Anyway.

Looks like Rachel Maddow and Brian Williams just signed off on MSNBC.  It was like watching someone say goodbye at the end of funeral. Damn. 

• Love 6

Again, Joy represents my thoughts, too. Democrats don't have any power to stop what's about to happen the next 4 years, but we still have our voices to denounce the hatred and evil that will likely be legislated. Sad to see another candidate win the popular vote and lose because of the Electoral College.

• Love 4

I am searching for the bright side in this and all I can come up with is the comedic potential of watching Donald Trump fall flat on his face as he tries to actually DO the things he said he would ... he has quite the wake up call headed his way, and I imagine Joy and many other comics are going to rip him a new one on a daily basis.

It doesn't make it worth enduring his presidency, of course, but it's something.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Again, Joy represents my thoughts, too. Democrats don't have any power to stop what's about to happen the next 4 years,

All of the House of Representatives and one third of the Senate will be up for election in 2018, so DJT will only have two years to implement his policies.

25 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If Democrats didn't win the presidential election, I don't believe they'll win the midterm elections (which has always been weak for them anyway).

True that, and part of it is lack of voting, but maybe this will inspire folks in these non presidential elections 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

All of the House of Representatives and one third of the Senate will be up for election in 2018, so DJT will only have two years to implement his policies.

And he will probably spend the entire first year of his reign just dealing with redecorating the White House.  All the doorknobs and faucets and toilets have to be gold-plated so his teeny-tiny hands (and incredibly large ass) can deign to touch them.  The entire interior needs to be walled with mirrors so he can keep an eye on his hair at all times.  And he has to get rid of all those hideous early American antiques Jackie Kennedy collected and replace them with gilded rococo chaises and settees.  

And then there is Mount Rushmore to tend to ... sculptors to be interviewed, posing for sketches, approving the design and execution.  Plus the Washington monument needs re-naming. Big gold letters down the front T-R-U-M-P .... and add some Bellagio-style dancing fountains to the reflecting pool for good measure.  Oh, and the thousand dollar-bill with his face on it, can't forget that! 

He is going to be very busy.  Hopefully too busy to screw up too much stuff before he is shown the door.

• Love 7