Type keyword(s) to search

Sex And The City - General Discussion

Message added by Black Knight,

The HBO sequel series, And Just Like That, has its own forum here.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think the “92%” during SATC’s airing was the stats of adults who were either married or had been married. So it was counting divorced or widowed people. And of course the older a population is the more likely it would be that people who lived a typical lifespan would have been married. 

I find that statistic high.  This is the 90s and early 2000s we are talking about not the 50s.  So 8% of adults had never been married?  I find that hard to believe.

18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Most women were expected to be married at some point, now I don’t think that’s the case.

On the show Charlotte definitely expected to be married.  Carrie wanted a commitment from Big. I don't think it necessarily had to be marriage.  Miranda played the cards she was given.  If she hadn't had Brady I think she would have been happy staying single. But with Brady and wanting a family for him she got married.  No way was Samantha ever getting married. So just from that sampling of four women there was only one that really wanted it.

16 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Rebecca Traister published her book All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation back in 2016. It's a great read, digging into the history as well as present-day. I bet both Sam and Miranda would have copies.

I read that book a couple years ago.  I think that book would have spoke to Miranda but I'm not so sure about Samantha. I don't think Samantha thought of herself as being independent as anything other than just who she was.  But I do  think Miranda thought her independence was a statement.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I read that book a couple years ago.  I think that book would have spoke to Miranda but I'm not so sure about Samantha. I don't think Samantha thought of herself as being independent as anything other than just who she was.  But I do  think Miranda thought her independence was a statement.

I'm very much like Sam, independent is just who I am, and the book spoke to me. But I don't think that you have to relate directly to the book to get something from it, though. Traister herself is married, and of course Miranda got married and has been married for at least a while (we'll have to find out from the spin-off!). But also it's just something I can see Sam referencing in conversation with others when the topic of being unmarried comes up, since there are numerous women who are single for a variety of reasons.

• Love 2

Right before they decide to make Aleksander a villain, he's a pretty good boyfriend.

They're having lunch somewhere and Aleks's snotty friends show up.  The woman tries to be a snob to Carrie and Aleks says "You're not sure, you're SNIDE".  He commandeers somebody's New York Star paper and reads Carrie's column out loud to everyone.  He's so proud of her!  ❤️

Oh my god.   Now Carrie is ditching all of her friends for lunch hanging out at Aleks's even though Miranda came from Brooklyn just to see them.  (And Sam has cancer by the way.). Sorry.  I really thought I was going to make an entire post without complaining about her. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Right before they decide to make Aleksander a villain, he's a pretty good boyfriend.

They're having lunch somewhere and Aleks's snotty friends show up.  The woman tries to be a snob to Carrie and Aleks says "You're not sure, you're SNIDE".  He commandeers somebody's New York Star paper and reads Carrie's column out loud to everyone.  He's so proud of her!  ❤️

Oh my god.   Now Carrie is ditching all of her friends for lunch hanging out at Aleks's even though Miranda came from Brooklyn just to see them.  (And Sam has cancer by the way.). Sorry.  I really thought I was going to make an entire post without complaining about her. 

I thought Alek’s was just the kind of boyfriend Carrie needed. He was like Big without all of the emotional turnmoil. Alek’s wanted consistent companionship, partnered sex and fun- he was willing to provide the lifestyle for that. He didn’t want any more kids, and his only child was very much an adult. Seemed ideal for Carrie. 

And then they have him hit her? That was so weird. 

• Love 11

Yeah Aleks had to concentrate on his art exhibit, for only a matter of days, but Carrie took it extremely personally and was spiralling that she made a huge mistake.  Watching this for the (?????)th time, I now see that Big suddenly leaving a bunch of voicemails on her answering machine definitely led to this.  She called Miranda and said "I keep thinking about Big.  I keep wondering what it would be like if Big took me here."

Girl.  Big COULD HAVE took you there.  In Season 2.  Instead he left your ass crying in your Brownstone and jetted off to Paris and married a 25 year old. 

Meanwhile Aleks moved her right on in and paid for her Brownstone while she stayed with him!

Though, I wonder why they're at a hotel for the trip.  Doesn't Aleks have his own place?  

I also couldn't believe Carrie left her laptop in NYC.  She just sat in a hotel room for 10 hours in a dress waiting for Aleks.  In the early 2000s did people not bring their laptops everywhere?  I certainly do now.  I had a desktop computer back then and I think I got my first laptop sometime around then?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought Alex’s was just the kind of boyfriend Carrie needed. He was like Big without all of the emotional turnmoil. Alek’s wanted consistent companionship, partnered sex and fun- he was willing to provide the lifestyle for that. He didn’t want any more kids, and his only child was very much an adult. Seemed ideal for Carrie. 

He was also worldly and romantic and Carrie described their partnership as "Grown up".  Like you said, they didn't have the silly push and pull and all the bullshit fights she had with Big.  They had one fight about Samantha having cancer and Aleks was able to finally explain himself and Carrie was able to listen, so they solved it.  Far cry from throwing McDonalds in Big's apartment.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is so true. Also, what amazing line did he read out to prove Carrie's brilliance?

"No one has liked the 69 position since 1969"

That is not an exact quote but it was similar and it made me cringe, even at my relatively young age at the time, on its awfulness but Aleks was so proud.

• LOL 4

Carrie:  That wasn't one of my smartest ones.  😄

It's also a nice contrast to Berger.  Berger TRIED to be supportive, but he definitely let his insecurities show through sometimes.  Aleks was perfectly happy trying to make Carrie feel like the perfect little snowflake she thinks she is at all times..... until they went to Paris and Aleks had his exhibit.  No wonder she couldn't understand the big change.  

Here's some nice music they play while Carrie wanders alone:

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 4

Oh god now I'm watching Part 2.

I am someone who is looking for love.
Real love.
Ridiculous...inconvenient...consuming...can't-live-without-each-other love.
And...I don't think...that love is here...in this expensive suite...in this lovely hotel in Paris.

Is she fucking kidding me.  That is all Aleks ever gave her before his needs had to take priority for once.  No matter how romantic Aleks is, he still has a CAREER.

What in the world makes her think that Big would EVER give this to her based on his 6 years of behaviour.  Sorry I don't buy it!!!!!!  And guess what, Big has a CAREER TOO.  He's just probably so wealthy that he barely has to go into an office.  Although we did finally see him in an office in the first movie.  There's no way he'd be happy with her trying to show up at his workplace and acting like a fool like she wanted to do with Aleks.  What was he supposed to do?  Ditch his big exhibit he's been working on and play tour guide????????  She's supposed to be an "artist" too and I don't know if it's realistic that she'd be so insensitive.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh god now I'm watching Part 2.

Is she fucking kidding me.  That is all Aleks ever gave her before his needs had to take priority for once.  No matter how romantic Aleks is, he still has a CAREER.

What in the world makes her think that Big would EVER give this to her based on his 6 years of behaviour.  Sorry I don't buy it!!!!!!  And guess what, Big has a CAREER TOO.  He's just probably so wealthy that he barely has to go into an office.  Although we did finally see him in an office in the first movie.  There's no way he'd be happy with her trying to show up at his workplace and acting like a fool like she wanted to do with Aleks.  What was he supposed to do?  Ditch his big exhibit he's been working on and play tour guide????????  She's supposed to be an "artist" too and I don't know if it's realistic that she'd be so insensitive.

Remember, this is a woman who did EVERYTHING you can do in Paris in about a week.

Also, did she even bother to try to learn a little French?

I can't remember if she did.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Remember, this is a woman who did EVERYTHING you can do in Paris in about a week.

Also, did she even bother to try to learn a little French?

I can't remember if she did.

She totally did.  She was kind of (unrealistically?) good at using very basic French but of course when French people spoke to each other around her she couldn't follow.  Another strike against Aleks.  LOL

On like her second day there she called Miranda crying saying that she'd done every museum twice already.  Seriously?  Uhhhhhh.  I went to NYC recently for a long weekend and I did 1 museum twice but that's it.  😄. I was all alone and I never had a mental breakdown once.  Although, I was smart enough to bring my laptop and I watched movies about NYC to comfort me.  😄.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

It seemed Carrie's lunch with Alek's ex-wife where she heard her say she couldn't deal with always coming second to his work got her started doubting that it would work for her in the long run.  Of course it didn't help   that Aleks and Carrie seemed to have zero chemistry... but I get it, we were supposed  to believe he and his old world romantic ways were seeping her off her feet.

She should have had the wisdom to realize there isn't a major career making (or sustaining in Alek's case) art exhibit   taking up his time and focus all the time. How often does a major known artist get a show... maybe every few years?

So during the times Aleks was pouring himself into his work, Carrie who "lives for fashion" would have had to amuse herself in the fashion capital of the world with the money to finally be able to spend on the designer clothes and accessories she's dreamt of.  In reality in her  old life she would have only been able to buy those fashions in  thrift shops or as very occasional treats.  I'm sure his Paris home or apartment was quite luxe as well.  If that sounds materialistic, I think of Carrie as fairly materialistic. She was dating the new NYC mogul whose name was a household word, after all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Although we did finally see him in an office in the first movie.

We see it before, actually, in the episode where Carrie browbeats Charlotte into getting the money for the apartment down payment.

Carrie being bored and lonely in France was just beyond stupid. I realize this was before social media, but didn't she make any friends in her French classes? And if not, all she had to was contact the embassy and/or consulate and ask about any social groups or clubs for American citizens living in Paris, or ask about any events that she could have attended. She could have easily made a friend or two, but this being Carrie, she probably was waiting for them to track down her fabulous ass or something.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

We see it before, actually, in the episode where Carrie browbeats Charlotte into getting the money for the apartment down payment.

Carrie being bored and lonely in France was just beyond stupid. I realize this was before social media, but didn't she make any friends in her French classes? And if not, all she had to was contact the embassy and/or consulate and ask about any social groups or clubs for American citizens living in Paris, or ask about any events that she could have attended. She could have easily made a friend or two, but this being Carrie, she probably was waiting for them to track down her fabulous ass or something.

She was probably waiting around for a stranger to ask if she wanted to be on the cover of Vogue Paris because no one else in the city had her flair for style and panache. 

Hey, this late in the game the show was mostly fantasy and had abandoned a lot of the realistic elements...so it definitely could have happened.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Great, great, great points.  

Thank you, Ms Blue Jay  💓

IDK, did it read as Carrie and Aleks had great chemistry to other viewers? With her little speech about ridiculous all consuming love I guess we were to believe that but for his shutting her out of his art studio  and discipline at times... they had that?

I think of Carrie as doubting her writing was  a real art form. Her comments like... her column being at the back of the paper near ads for penis pumps, this is not an economy in which to be whipped cream, doubting her french fry treatise and men as socks...is that anything? and many other comments reveal she regards her writing as rather trite.

In contrast  she idolized fashion designers and looked on them with wide eyed admiration. Carrie literally said to Aleks  this was her art  whilst showing him the Oscar de le Renta gown   in a fashion mag.  Probably Vogue. Then she later  went to work at Vogue. She may have  even wished her talents were such  that  she could have made her name  and way in the  world in fashion instead of as she  did. From the real people fashion show we know she looked up to  the models and  the girls did attend fashion shows together. In reality Carrie Bradshaw would have only owned designer fashions after others had worn them i.e. thrifted,  or maybe from sample sales?  and  likely  by the time she got her hands on them they'd  be out of season... on   what she earned writing a back of the paper sex column.

All that to say I think she could have amused herself in Paris for longer than a week.

• Love 6

Carrie freaking out in Paris was just a storyline to get her back in NYC with Big and wrap up the series. I would’ve prefered if she had never left- realized she didn’t like Alek enough to move cities for him and let him go on his way.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, T Summer said:

Thank you, Ms Blue Jay  💓

IDK, did it read as Carrie and Aleks had great chemistry to other viewers? With her little speech about ridiculous all consuming love I guess we were to believe that but for his shutting her out of his art studio  and discipline at times... they had that?

I personally think they had chemistry sometimes.

Their first meeting is probably their best scene.  I hate how Carrie is always so "Adorable and Charming" and every guy falls for her but the way they did the scene was good.  Aleks was very arch around her, rather than totally charmed.  It was an interesting dynamic.

They've had a couple of other good scenes together.  But there's a big age difference, and he's not tall -- Carrie in heels is exactly his height -- so I get that them together is not everyone's cup of tea.  They had really romantic scenes together and I quite enjoyed them. I'm like Carrie - starved for real romance.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

I didn't think Carrie and Alek had chemistry and SJP had chemistry with just about everyone.  For me I think I think the idea of a larger than life character such as Alek worked better in theory than practice. 

I always thought Carrie wrote simply as a means to an end.  It paid her bills and gave her a lot of free time to do what she really wanted to do.  Shop and have lunch with the girls.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I personally think they had chemistry sometimes.

Their first meeting is probably their best scene.  I hate how Carrie is always so "Adorable and Charming" and every guy falls for her but the way they did the scene was good.  Aleks was very arch around her, rather than totally charmed.  It was an interesting dynamic.

They've had a couple of other good scenes together.  But there's a big age difference, and he's not tall -- Carrie in heels is exactly his height -- so I get that them together is not everyone's cup of tea.  They had really romantic scenes together and I quite enjoyed them. I'm like Carrie - starved for real romance.  

Yes, the first scene at the gallery was a good one. As was  the time  he gave her the formal gown and she fainted! and they ended up at McDonald's instead of the performance. Then I could see that staying  in together by the fire while the rest of NYC slowed down during a  snowstorm would've seemed  really romantic.

The rest of the scenes like dinner in the Russian place, dinner where he met the  friends,  the talk about whether Carrie  wanted children,  when she tried to enter his studio and talk about his pre-show jitters and the scenes where he gave her chocolates in the park... not so much.

Honestly when I think of who Carrie had the most chemistry with, I'm at a loss. I guess I think of Big, but no doubt that's owing to Chris Noth's   acting skills. I know Berger nor  Aiden leap to mind.

No, I don't think couples who can look each other in the eye look odd. I'm almost 5.8 and when I was single  and prior to a back injury which now kills wearing high heels... I surely didn't discount every man  under 6'2". Plus I grew up seeing an older 5'10" cousin married to a woman who'd done a lot of modeling in her home country of Sweden and she was TALL!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I agree that Carrie could have easily made friends. I know she wasn't always the perfect friend, but she was still somewhat a social butterfly. She was the one person who was connected to all the girls really strongly. She was outgoing. She enjoyed being social. She wasn't socially anxious, shy, or introverted. I guess for drama she just had to be lonely and miserable in France. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree that Carrie could have easily made friends. I know she wasn't always the perfect friend, but she was still somewhat a social butterfly. She was the one person who was connected to all the girls really strongly. She was outgoing. She enjoyed being social. She wasn't socially anxious, shy, or introverted. I guess for drama she just had to be lonely and miserable in France. 

She wasn’t even in Paris that long. A few weeks, no? Even the most social and extroverted among us need more time than that to make people we really connect with. 

Carrie didn’t like it there and didn’t really want to be with Aleks. (Which is fine) But it wasn’t this big emotional angsty thing the writers made it out to be, well only because they wanted the scene of Big rescuing her. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, T Summer said:

Honestly when I think of who Carrie had the most chemistry with, I'm at a loss. I guess I think of Big, but no doubt that's owing to Chris Noth's   acting skills. I know Berger nor  Aiden leap to mind.

When I was rewatching the show just this past summer her early scenes with Berger were adoooooooooooorable.  I was so into them.

My favourite of the Aidan and Carrie scenes are when they're really domestic at home together.  The absolute pinnacle is when Carrie spills to Aidan that Miranda's pregnant and she thinks he told Steve, but didn't.  The argument is so damn funny.  

- Hey, pudding.
- Did you tell him?
- What?
- About Miranda and the…
- No!
- Are you sure?
- Yeah.
- He's asking about Miranda.
- He always asks about Miranda.
- You told him, didn't you?
- No.
- Listen, it's ok, I can't keep secrets either, obviously.
- I didn't tell him anything.
- He's looking at me funny.
- That's the way he looks at everyone.
- Are you sure?
- I didn't tell him. But I think he deserves to know.
- What does that mean?
- I don't agree with what she's doing.
- It doesn't have anything to do with you.
- Chief, you told ME! I'd just as soon not know any of it!

It's an interesting question, who did Carrie have the most chemistry with?  I agree she had chemistry with a lot of people, even people who only appeared for one episode.

I think some of us wanted Miranda to end up with Robert, but I don't have someone obvious that Carrie should have ended up with.  I think Robert, Smith, Harry are big favourites but when it comes to Carrie each relationship was explored very deeply so we see the big problems with each match.  I think Carrie was legitimately happy with Aidan in Season 4, but unfortunately, he wanted marriage and she didn't.  And I guess if she didn't want marriage with him, she wasn't all that happy.  (Because she certainly wanted it with Big.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

MsBlueJay

That "Hey Puddin" scene between Carrie and Aiden was a cute one. I may not have heard it the 53 times I've heard  every other SATC scene because IIRC it follows the scene where Carrie is out and Aiden brings Steve in because he has to use the loo., and you KNOW what happens when Carrie enters. No doubt my TV was on mute! j.k. ;)

Aiden was very likeable in the scene where he went and rescued Miranda curled up on her bathroom floor, too.

Berger should have been a great match for Carrie but  things just never clicked between them for me as a viewer... their scenes always seemed forced.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think Carrie was legitimately happy with Aidan in Season 4, but unfortunately, he wanted marriage and she didn't.  And I guess if she didn't want marriage with him, she wasn't all that happy.  (Because she certainly wanted it with Big.)

I think Carrie was very “pleased” with Aidan in Season 4, but he wasn’t “the one” (I know we’ve all discussed that she was Aidan’s Big). 

Off of the top of my head I did love Carrie with the politician. He was handsome and they were witty together. SJP was very charming so I could see her having acting chemistry with tons of co-stars……

• Love 2

I've said before I thought Carrie and Berger should have worked.  But his character was just filler to get us to Alek and eventually the ending with Big. 

Out of the one shot men I liked Dr Bradley Meego.  The good on paper guy Carrie met in the Hamptons. Although he might have been too normal for Carrie.

• Love 4

I like when Carrie dated the Fuck Buddy (Dean Winters) and the Yankee.  I just love that season.  Vince Vaughn in LA was so hot too.  The David Duchovny episode was cute too, but they were more sweet than sexy.  Timothy Olyphant is gorgeous, obviously.

There were some wild episodes (was there more than 1?) with Craig Bierko.  That guy was mad horny for Carrie's body.  

There was a huge school of men I didn't find attractive at all.  Sam and Miranda had the hottest guys I think.  

Carrie was kind of the Petrovsky to Berger - the much more successful artist who tried to "spoil" him (she bought him a very expensive Prada shirt).  Carrie found it hard to celebrate Aleks's work and successes in Paris, kind of like how Berger was insecure when Carrie got her big book deal and was throwing money around.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

I liked the fuck buddy too.  Mostly because I like Dean Winters.  The Yankee didn't really make an impression on me. I like Craig Bierko the actor but didn't care for his character.   Way too hyper for me.

Other than Robert Miranda had one guy I thought was really attractive.   The guy she hooked up when she was pregnant.  The actor's name escapes me at the moment. He was Bart Bass on Gossip Girl and has been a bunch of other stuff. I find him really sexy.

Edited to add his name is Robert John Burke and Miranda hooked up with him again after Carrie's book party. 

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There was also the guy that Miranda found so goodlooking she got completely drunk.

She also got to date Will Arnett and I love him!

I remember that episode! Poor Miranda. She was so nervous she got so drunk and he thought she had a substance abuse problem. 

1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

The guy she hooked up when she was pregnant.  The actor's name escapes me at the moment. He was Bart Bass on Gossip Girl and has been a bunch of other stuff. I find him really sexy.

He was sexy. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

She wasn’t even in Paris that long. A few weeks, no? Even the most social and extroverted among us need more time than that to make people we really connect with. 

Carrie didn’t like it there and didn’t really want to be with Aleks. (Which is fine) But it wasn’t this big emotional angsty thing the writers made it out to be, well only because they wanted the scene of Big rescuing her. 

Oh yeah, my sister is one of those. I know it's not like boom, new replacements for Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha. IRC, she just had the attitude of someone who was going to hate her time there forever. I think if she stuck it out, she would have made friends and had a lot of fun. The issue was that she didn't want to be with Aleks. If you're with the wrong person and feel lonely in that relationship, it's hard to be positive about anything else. Maybe if she were there with Big, she would have managed to enjoy Paris and know in time she'd adjust and could build a great life there. I definitely think moving is incredibly hard and scary, even if it's to a beautiful, glamorous city. I'm not sure I could go through with it myself even if it were to be with my dream man. I'd miss my loved ones too much. 

• Love 4

That's exactly what annoys me.  The writers made the conflict so convoluted.  I can TOTALLY picture Carrie there "with Big" while Big has to do his business shit and Carrie is perfectly happy flitting around Paris waiting for him being the kept woman and shopping all day -- puuuuhhhhhhh leeze.  But because she "missed Big" she was moping around and crying about him.  Lord...

36 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I definitely think moving is incredibly hard and scary, even if it's to a beautiful, glamorous city. I'm not sure I could go through with it myself even if it were to be with my dream man. I'd miss my loved ones too much. 

Yes, but Carrie had it soooooooo easy.  It was all on somebody else's dime and she already knew a bit of French.  These are the best possible scenarios.  She was acting like a huge baby :) 

• Love 5

3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I like when Carrie dated the Fuck Buddy (Dean Winters) and the Yankee.  I just love that season.  Vince Vaughn in LA was so hot too.  The David Duchovny episode was cute too, but they were more sweet than sexy.  Timothy Olyphant is gorgeous, obviously.

There were some wild episodes (was there more than 1?) with Craig Bierko.  That guy was mad horny for Carrie's body.  

There was a huge school of men I didn't find attractive at all.  Sam and Miranda had the hottest guys I think.  

Carrie was kind of the Petrovsky to Berger - the much more successful artist who tried to "spoil" him (she bought him a very expensive Prada shirt).  Carrie found it hard to celebrate Aleks's work and successes in Paris, kind of like how Berger was insecure when Carrie got her big book deal and was throwing money around.

Of Carrie's one shot guy's I liked the shy lonely model/actor? guy she brought home but didn't sleep with. Then it would have been cute if she got back with her high school boyfriend... but it's hard to imagine David Ducovney being anyone's heartthrob. Sorry Dave. John Bon Jovi and she Carrie looked cute together for about one minute, but that ended badly as did her dalliance with the politition. The less said about that the better. The N.Y. Yankee and the French Architect  were ok, but then they gave her a few dweebs... like Valerie Harper's kid.😒 Wedding guy Howie also springs to mind.

I personally dislike the Hollywood episode and the 2 male actors in it.

Who is Craig Bierko? I looked him up and still don't know.  Not Ray?

Hated the jazz guy!

You know I've only read this topic a few pages back from when I joined the convo and the first maybe 6 pages in? I'll catch up in winter... I promise.

....and I must say there's been an inordinate amount of Timothy Olyphant mentions. Are a lot of you majorly crushing on Timothy? If you haven't seen it already (and I'm betting you have), you might want to watch a cute little movie he's in called Catch and Release.

https://fast32.com/watch/bdrYaZGN-catch-and-release.html

Edited by T Summer
added link to the movie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

As I was reading I  was  thinking about where I first saw Blair Underwood. I knew it was a TV series... maybe a medical one? No it was L.A. Law, and it's coming back and he's in it!  His IMBD lists it as ":announced".

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

^ Completely agree! Plus Big being so rich she could regularly go see the girls and everyone else she’d miss. 

Good point!  Aleks was supposed to be some huge celebrity artist known globally, so it was probably the same deal!

52 minutes ago, T Summer said:

Of Carrie's one shot guy's I liked the shy lonely model/actor? guy she brought home but didn't sleep with.

Oh god, the model Bone.  He was sooooooooooooo pretty.  I don't know if he ever showed interest in Carrie though.  He just seemed lonely and like he needed a friend.

MV5BMjA3NTkyMTg2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTc4MTEzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 9.59.47 PM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, T Summer said:

....and I must say there's been an inordinate amount of Timothy Olyphant mentions. Are a lot of you majorly crushing on Timothy? If you haven't seen it already (and I'm betting you have), you might want to watch a cute little movie he's in called Catch and Release.

https://fast32.com/watch/bdrYaZGN-catch-and-release.html

He's also in this fantastic episode of "The Office" where everyone - including all the straight men - totally fall in love with him and react to him like he's a male model.  It's hysterical!!!!  It's called "The Sting", episode 705.

_qozMSxBOuB_ag-J8iKm8CAC_SukSdHcJbXRV5UuKik.jpeg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Good point!  Aleks was supposed to be some huge celebrity artist known globally, so it was probably the same deal!

It was quite unbelievable for Carrie to refer to the girls as her family and then just decide to move to Paris with Aleks in a matter of weeks. Even if it was a couple of months.  She was so full of conviction  that she fought with Miranda when she suggested that leaving everything about the life and city you know and love and all the people you have relationships without so much as a go see what it's like trip... was a bit of a rash decision. 🙄

• Love 1

It may have been more realistic for Carrie to commit to going for a month or two and seeing how she liked it, then deciding if she wanted to move. How long had they been dating anyway? A couple of months? Not like they had been a long term thing for years. 

• Love 2

I side with Carrie on the issue 🤷‍♂️. If it weren't for the Big Factor, Carrie would have been a normal adult and had a great time in Paris.  The real test would be to see how Aleks acted after his big exhibit finally opened.  If he was only doing this, say, once a year, if that, then Carrie would have to grow up and just deal with it.  That's supporting your partner.  Everyone has crazy times in their jobs/career and you shouldn't get dumped over it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, T Summer said:

Who is Craig Bierko?

Only thing I remember about him was he was one of the actors up for the role of Chandler Bing on Friends (and obviously lost out to Matthew Perry there!).

• Love 1
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Only thing I remember about him was he was one of the actors up for the role of Chandler Bing on Friends (and obviously lost out to Matthew Perry there!).

T Summer figured out who I meant.  It's Ray the Jazz man.

NINTCHDBPICT000630164175.jpg

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The writers made the conflict so convoluted. 

This happened a lot in the later seasons.  Whereas the show was once a mostly well written comedy with some heartbreak thrown in it turned into almost a soap opera.  And I say this as someone who loves me some soap operas.  I also think once they saw the end of the show coming they started positioning characters for their happily ever after.   I don't know if they knew there would be a movie or not.  But if they did they could have left Carrie's and Big's reunion for the movie.  Everything was so rushed in Season 6. Especially the second half.  

• Love 3