Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E02: Lin-Manuel Miranda / Twenty One Pilots

• Start Topic

Watched part of the repeat. You think the gang would have taken back parts of the episode if they knew what would come in the following month? Seeing "Hillary" live it up to the Access Hollywood leak . . . that shit is hard to take now.

I need to get Netflix. To me, Matt Smith is "Eleven."

I didn't see this when it originally aired, so it was extremely bittersweet for this little Dem.

(Of course, I guess there are plenty of people enjoying this October repeat with a hearty laugh last, laugh best.)

"Crucible Afterparty" was fantastic--took me back, back, back to when I was even more innocent and naïve.  Is there anyone in the whole world who spent five minutes onstage in high school who wouldn't have loved that?  To me, that's been the best since "Twin Bed."  I have in my mind that Aidy Bryant is the creative force behind these--is that right?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, candall said:

I didn't see this when it originally aired, so it was extremely bittersweet for this little Dem.

(Of course, I guess there are plenty of people enjoying this October repeat with a hearty laugh last, laugh best.)

"Crucible Afterparty" was fantastic--took me back, back, back to when I was even more innocent and naïve.  Is there anyone in the whole world who spent five minutes onstage in high school who wouldn't have loved that?  To me, that's been the best since "Twin Bed."  I have in my mind that Aidy Bryant is the creative force behind these--is that right?

Twin Bed and Crucible Cast Party (and some of those other songs in a similar vein) are written by Aidy, Kate, Chris Kelley, and Sarah Schneider. And this just inspired me to go watch Crucible Cast Party again and it's just so good. 

• Love 3

Ha, remember when we thought the Billy Bush thing would be the final death blow? Heh.....

I am just now getting on the Hamilton bandwagon, so I enjoyed seeing the "My Shot" song again, dude is talented!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, helenamonster said:

You're all brave for rewatching pre-election episodes. I can't even watch Seth Meyers's WHCD set from 2011 as a pick-me-up anymore, it's all tainted!

Right? I saw it on my DVR and I was just like sigh. We were so innocent then.

• Love 2

Exactly.  It's going to be awhile before I can rewatch this one.  I wasn't even thinking about Hillary in Cold Open.  I just knew I couldn't watch the "My Shot" monologue song again. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:14 AM, vb68 said:

I only got to see disjointed bits and pieces due to stormy weather....

Is that because you have Dish??  We just got Dish and now I am afraid of bad weather ruining my tv watching.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:24 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I actually had no clue about the Wells Fargo fiasco. I'm a customer, and I was considering applying to work there as a bank teller. Thanks for the lesson, SNL!

I know that this comment is from like 2 months ago, but I just saw it today (just watched the episode over the weekend).  Wells Fargo (the sales division) did some shady stuff, basically fraud.  But I have to say that I used to work there (commercial banking, not retail), but I will vouch for them and say that it is the best company I have ever worked for.  Even though they obviously have problems in some areas, they are great in other areas.  I say go for the job!

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:33 PM, cpcathy said:

Ha, remember when we thought the Billy Bush thing would be the final death blow? Heh.....

Since I just watched this over the weekend, I thought it was funny/sad when Colin said something like, "this audio clip lost the election for him..."  I was like, yeah we all thought so, didn't we??

Edited by heatherchandler

Read the notes on the LMM video-- he thought if he swung the sweatpants it would look like he was doing a backflip off camera! And he was also watching "All In The Family" while dancing, which is why he was distracted and had to check the lyric sheet sometimes!!