Type keyword(s) to search

Total Bellas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That does give me a new respect for WWE- the precision required and the attention to the other wrestler- Liv's movement might have changed by a millimeter and Brie would have had less than a second to determine this from above, at an angle- makes me wonder how anyone gets it right. (And still makes it look real).

Do the wrestlers rehearse this which each other? All the training they seem to do has them using other people as stand ins, not necessarily the person they will be wrestling. I would think though, with the level of precision required, they would need to practice on their actual opponent, not their husbands or sisters or other friends. I mean, Brian is larger than Liv and his reflexes may be different. I guess Brie could practice her general craft on him, but I would think she would need Liv, or whoever her opponent was going to be, for a few dry runs at least. If everyone is just doing their own thing and just trusting their opponent to get it right as well, I am shocked that there aren't more injuries than what is reported.

That said, if Brie is endangering people because she's not taking the training seriously enough, or is distracted, I can see why she's getting backlash. I don't know if that's the case, but if it is, then I think she needs to step down.

I remember a few seasons back when they were really pushing Eva Marie, and the other divas were actually afraid to wrestle with her because she was sloppy and could have caused serious injuries, and didn't show much interest in improving. If I recall from Total Divas, the talent managers were less than sympathetic to the other women which I found pretty ghastly.

11 hours ago, The Ascension said:

It was Brie's fault. If Liv was falling forward too much, Brie should have noticed before throwing the next kick or re calibrated on the fly to land the kick differently. There's an amazing instance of AJ Styles (one of the best wrestlers in the world) hitting his finishing move on another wrestler. Mid-air, he noticed the other wrestler, James Ellsworth, was not in the correct position and would have broken his neck, so AJ adjusted how he landed to insure James' safety. Link if anyone's interested: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/10/13/13269794/james-ellsworth-aj-styles-clash-botch-serious-injury-smackdown-live

Bryan did have a very sweet defense of Brie and named all the times he injured someone. It's a part of the job. This was on Brie, but she's not the first and won't be the last. The backlash was way too much.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:49 PM, CarolikesLemons said:

There are times when (even in this season) she seems really mean to Nikki (I do know that Nikki is no angel) and seem to lord it over Nikki that she is married with a child and its something that Nikki really wants and hence her breakup with John Cena.

TOTALLY agree with this! When Nikki was using whatever failed efforts she tried in order to get John to marry her and baby her up, Brie was totally full of motherly advice on how to get your man to commit, wait - if he's not going to commit he's not worth it!!! Then she was full of advice about the bachelorette party and the wedding, and whatever relationship crap Nikki was going through. She waffled depending on whatever she could lord over Nikki at the time. Through all of this, though, I do give her kudos for going through Bryan's depression and helping him navigate his comeback. Once Nikki was single and the mistress of her own domain again, Brie doesn't have any leg up on Nikki as it's not like she's going to give Nikki advice on being single and/or landing a hot new man on Tinder (or whatever it is the cool kids are using these days).

Too bad she can't focus completely on her new comeback and rocking that instead of rolling up with a shitload of excuses about everything. I used to prefer her to Nikki, but damn. Not the brightest bulbs in the tanning bed, these two.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

TOTALLY agree with this! When Nikki was using whatever failed efforts she tried in order to get John to marry her and baby her up, Brie was totally full of motherly advice on how to get your man to commit, wait - if he's not going to commit he's not worth it!!! Then she was full of advice about the bachelorette party and the wedding, and whatever relationship crap Nikki was going through. She waffled depending on whatever she could lord over Nikki at the time. Through all of this, though, I do give her kudos for going through Bryan's depression and helping him navigate his comeback. Once Nikki was single and the mistress of her own domain again, Brie doesn't have any leg up on Nikki as it's not like she's going to give Nikki advice on being single and/or landing a hot new man on Tinder (or whatever it is the cool kids are using these days).

Too bad she can't focus completely on her new comeback and rocking that instead of rolling up with a shitload of excuses about everything. I used to prefer her to Nikki, but damn. Not the brightest bulbs in the tanning bed, these two.

I’m so glad that I’m not the only one who feels this way! Relief. I do give Brie praise for how she dealt with Bryan’s depression, I really thought that was wonderful and she does really seem to be devoted to her daughter.  I think she needs to just concentrate on that as it seems to be her passion and her businesses.

Not to be shady but when she said she had to choose between SmackDown and Raw- did anyone believe that? As I thought that their storyline ended with them losing to Miz and Maryse at Hell in a Cell? I felt that her storyline was ending or WWE management decided with her mistakes to just focus on her Bella Twin return? Not sure…hmmm…..

But you are right lightninggirl, once Nikki became single again, I felt like Brie became threatened (perhaps not consciously) that Nikki could get married with her own baby at some point and they would be equal maybe? I wont rant about my armchair analysis and bore you (my mum gets that already!LOL)

I started to get into back into wrestling through Total Bellas and I liked Brie more than Nikki who I thought was annoying but I’ve flipped now and really like Nikki now! But they are not the brightest bulbs lol all those Bella Blunders! (I loved how Nikki mentioned that on her date hahaha!)

• Love 2

Just watched the most recent episode, and Brie is as annoying as ever. "I'm on two shows, I run two companies, and I'm a mom..."

Bitch please. You don't "run" two companies. That ain't you out there picking the grapes and formulating wine. That's not you designing and sewing sports clothes. That's not you designing a website and working out the supply logistics. (And sidebar- Brie and Nikki are deluding themselves if they believe there is anything unique about their lingerie and workout line. There's nothing there that you wouldn't find at H&M or Gap Body or Aerie). You and your sister have slapped your names on two otherwise generic products and you two show up for the PR events and keep abreast of the actual work other people are doing via your "meetings". I don't begrudge anyone with D level fame looking to produce another income stream- I would do it in a heartbeat- but let's call a spade a spade. You have minimal responsibilities for your two "companies" and you manage to shirk even those half the time.

Editing must be as annoyed with her as I am. They sure did manage to include a lot of scenes with Brie lamenting how "exhausted" she was against the backdrop of her lounging poolside or drinking at a restaurant.

Funny how she only whines about leaving Birdie behind when it's work stuff. Birdie never comes up when Brie is away from her on vacation. (No shade at moms taking vacations without their kids or having an afternoon out sans kids. I am talking about Brie and how she can never get through a work commitment without bringing up her daughter and her time away, but it's not the same when she's leaving her to do something fun).

• Love 4

Episode 7:

"When a Good Girl's Gone Bad"

Nicole is asked to be the main event at the first women's pay-per-view; Brie wonders if the world is telling her to hang up her boots; Bryan struggles to balance his life.

Airs March 3, 2019.

(edited)
On 2/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, CarolikesLemons said:

Not to be shady but when she said she had to choose between SmackDown and Raw- did anyone believe that? 

Was Brie also doing non-TV shows during the week? I know she did the PPV, in addition to Raw and Smackdown. But was she doing any shows Wednesday - most Sundays? Was she following one or both rosters for the rest of the week? 

While I appreciated that the show covered the Liv incident I didn’t care for this past episode’s way of handling it. When Brie was talking to Bryan on their patio and they both blamed social media’s reaction. At least with the botched suicide dives both Johnny and Nikki said “probably should have practiced it.” But this time it’s social media that is being so mean and Brie is just so tired because she’s so busy. I don’t need to see a flogging but an actual mea cupola would have been nice. 

I loved the awkwardness associated with setting up Nikki for her date. I believed, for storyline purposes, that Nikki was dreading that first real date, et al. 

But, really Taye Diggs was in the running? Did an intern show Taye a picture of Nikki and ask if he thought she was attractive. Then when Taye said yes, the intern noted that Taye would date her? I couldn’t suspend reality for that. 

13 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Nicole is asked to be the main event at the first women's pay-per-view;

And queue Brie’s jealousy. 

Edited by WarmSkull
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, WarmSkull said:

But, really Taye Diggs was in the running?

Right? I don't have a hard time believing Taye Diggs would be open to a date with Nikki, but I absolutely refuse, refuse to be believe he would ever appear on this show.

16 hours ago, WarmSkull said:

While I appreciated that the show covered the Liv incident I didn’t care for this past episode’s way of handling it. When Brie was talking to Bryan on their patio and they both blamed social media’s reaction. At least with the botched suicide dives both Johnny and Nikki said “probably should have practiced it.” But this time it’s social media that is being so mean and Brie is just so tired because she’s so busy. I don’t need to see a flogging but an actual mea cupola would have been nice.

I agree. I understand that accidents do happen, and I do believe Brie felt bad about it, but she seemed far more perturbed with the social media insulting her than she did about her own lack of preparation that caused the accident in the first place. Most of her sulking seemed to stem from being made fun of, not the fact that she had performed poorly and someone else was injured.

Also, being "too busy" isn't an excuse for a poor work performance under the best of circumstances, and certainly not when your other commitments aren't (that) work related. I couldn't make a major flub at work and then blame it on working too many hours at my other job or my hobby. My boss wouldn't care about what caused it in the first place, just that it happened, and to try and excuse it by saying I was too busy doing other stuff to focus on my job would be insult to injury. But Brie is startlingly unsavvy about life. She's going to get taken for a ride someday. She would have already if Bryan didn't have her on lockdown and monitor her every move.

• Love 2

Watching Nikki on a date just makes me cringe, for some reason.  It seems so awkward.

Nice to see that they addressed the internet hate that Brie received after she injured Liv, I figured they'd sweep that under the rug.  I also remember watching Raw when the Bellas turned on Ronda Rousey, that was a pretty cool moment.

When Brie played her "prank" on Nikki, you could see on Johnny's face that he wasn't being serious.  If that really happened, Nikki really was shaken by the news not to notice how he ad Brie were laughing.  Of course she wouldn't like it if the shoe were on the other foot and Brie was main eventing while she had to valet.

• Love 1
(edited)

Peter Kraus reminds me a bit of Sebastian Stan in the face so I’m here for that. 

But Nikki, what was that damn poncho you wore on your date?! And you really stopped by Brie’s house at 12:45 AM?! That sucks for Brie. And I can’t blame Brie for not wanting to talk to Nikki about her date, especially if she wasn’t expecting Nikki to pop over at midnight. A bit needy that Nikki thinks people are waiting to hear about her date. 

“Bella Brain” is not cute. There is a problem if a 30-something doesn’t know basic words or how to pronounce them. 

Brie, we didn’t trash you on social media because you’re a woman. Get over yourself. 

Bryan, Birdie is not going to ask you if you did your part to save the world. Get over yourself. 

I know I hated how often Brie blamed mom guilt, but it’s funny how both Bryan and Brie are in AUSTRALIA and Brie hasn’t talked about how both she and her husband left Birdie behind (assuming that Birdie didn’t go to Australia; seemed like Mama Bellas was watching her back home). A previous poster mentioned how Brie’s mom guilt comes (ie when Brie actually needs to work) and goes (ie  vacation) and I agree.

Is it bad that I judged the beach cleanup because the twins were given/had a plastic garbage bag? Bryan was rightfully (IMO) commenting on how much plastic is used in the grocery stores, but then at the beach cleanup a garbage bag is being used? LMAO. 

Wow, Nikki looked skiiiiiiinny in front of the green screen for the Evolution promo. 

One thing I’ve realized that I like about the Bellas is the innate competition between them. I like seeing the ugliness come out. Nikki seems to be more supportive of Brie than Brie is of Nikki. 

PS: I love Liv’s hair shade. 

Edited by WarmSkull
  • Love 1

Husband is going to stop watching with me because I used the entire 45 min last night to heckle Brie. But she just makes it SO easy! Honestly, I can't figure out if Brie has gotten more annoying this season, or if she pissed off someone in production who is more apt to show scenes where she is annoying.

Brie: "I was so nervous, but then people kept cheering us on..." Tatum (snorts at TV): "Us, Brie? You mean Ronda??"

Brie: "This is the first time I've ever felt like I don't belong in WWE."... Tatum (snorts at TV again): "Brie, I don't even watch wrestling and even I'm aware of how badly you've sucked throughout the majority of your tenure."

Brie: "I was so glad we got to do something that really aligns (paraphrasing, obviously, Brie wouldn't use this word) with our core values."...Tatum (snorts and husband moves away on the couch) "Our core values, Brie? Everyone can tell you don't give two shits about the environment once Bryan's back is turned."

Other snippets...Bryan and Nikki bending over to pick up trash while Brie flounces along the beach, not bothering to stop anywhere...Brie's constant bitch face when Nikki's match is mentioned...Brie's constant bitch face when Bryan is complaining about all the plastic packaging in the store, which reminded me of a petulant teenager who's just been told she can't go to the mall with her friends until her room is clean...

Ugh, I now enjoy watching Total Bellas when I previously found it even more grating than Total Divas just so I can hate watch Brie. Husband probably wishes I'd go back to not caring.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, WarmSkull said:

One thing I’ve realized that I like about the Bellas is the innate competition between them. I like seeing the ugliness come out. Nikki seems to be more supportive of Brie than Brie is of Nikki. 

My take on that is that Nikki has historically bested Brie in a lot of areas- I'd be willing to bet she was the better soccer player in high school, got better grades, probably had more friends (all speculation, but given Brie's lack of personality, coordination, interest in training, or any kind of work ethic, I think it's founded), and that because of that, Nikki, although insanely competitive in general, will, out of pity, try and prop Brie up.

I thought it was telling when Brie was sulking over Nikki's main event match, and Nikki jokes that that is what Brie gets for being the skinny twin all their lives.  I mean, Nikki is willing to try and exploit something she has likely always been sensitive over in order to make Brie feel better about the situation. Being the skinny one is probably really the only thing Brie had over Nikki in their younger years (although, this may sting less for Nikki now that Brie is no longer the much thinner of the two- between Nikki's weight loss and Brie's post pregnancy changes in her body).

Anyways, because she's a decent person and a good sister, I see Nikki willing to eat shit sometimes in order to make Brie feel better about herself...but when Brie gets a little big for her britches or is an ungrateful bitch (and usually, it's at least one of the two), Nikki's hackles go back up.

It kind of reminds me of when a parent or older sibling plays a game with their kid or younger sibling, and the younger one is obviously outmatched, so the older one will play at half power to give the younger one a fighting chance. Then the younger one wins and gloats about it and acts like a jerk so then the next game, the older one plays at full power to shut them up. That's sort of how I see Brie and Nikki's general dynamic.

• Love 3

Episode 8:

"Road To Evolution"

With the first ever Women's Pay-Per-View just weeks away, Nicole and Ronda Rousey's publicized in-ring feud sparks a fire in Nicole that she's never felt before. Meanwhile, Brie drops a bombshell on her sister and her family with some news nobody saw coming.

Airs March 10, 2019.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:13 PM, Tatum said:

Brie's constant bitch face when Bryan is complaining about all the plastic packaging in the store

I've got to be honest, I would have gotten tired of that too.  There was practically nothing they were allowed to buy under Bryan's rules.  Which is kind of funny, because if you watch wrestling, Bryan is now a heel wrestler who shoves his environmentalism down everybody's throats.  He's even replaced the WWE title belt with one made of hemp and "reclaimed oak".

I can't disagree with many of your comments, but I still like Brie.  Or at least I find both sisters more or less equally irritating.  I agree Nikki has probably bested her in most things throughout their lives.  But that just tells me that Nikki can afford to be a little more magnanimous in their interactions.  Although they did point out that Brie was the first to win the Divas Championship (she has one WWE championship, Nikki has two).

I agree with Warm Skull- no one is trashing Brie because she is a woman, I was annoyed at her as I felt that she didn’t train as she should have and then hurt some one else and then she didn’t take responsibility for it.

I bow to your post Tatum!!! I completely agree with everything you say. Nikki is much more supportive of Brie than vice versa, Brie always seem to be in constant competition with her and she probably felt like the second-rate twin and kinda hates Nikki for it… I mean just her general meanness this season to Nikki is so well mean, LOL.

I always felt that Brie was thrilled being the first one to get married and have a baby. I find their relationship somewhat fascinating (perhaps its because I’m an only child). Sometimes I joke that Brie has middle child syndrome as Nikki was the best at everything and JJ was the only boy and got attention because of that (my mum calls him a mama’s boy LOL so that could be something too). Makes me wonder if Brie actually knows who she is because it doesn’t seem like it.

And Nikki – not cool to wake your sister after midnight to tell her about your date, just wait a few hours LOL. 

• Love 1

"Road To Evolution"

With the first ever Women's Pay-Per-View just weeks away, Nicole and Ronda Rousey's publicized in-ring feud sparks a fire in Nicole that she's never felt before. Meanwhile, Brie drops a bombshell on her sister and her family with some news nobody saw coming.

So...why is everyone acting like Nikki is ridiculous for wanting to adequately prepare for a big match in her career? Also, she's a "perfectionist" because she asked the axe throwing guy for another demonstration when he was standing right there anyways? What is so wrong about any of that? She's taking her job seriously and willing to work hard. Why would someone discourage that?

I admit I laughed when Bryan made fun of Brie a few times this episode, but I can't help but get this "let's all laugh at my super dumb wife" vibe he gives out, vs good-natured ribbing. I honestly don't think he respects her at all. I mean, I don't either, but I didn't marry her. 

Also, I wish Brie would clarify how exactly Nikki made her move to San Diego. Bryan clearly wears the pants in that family, and I just can't see him agreeing to sell the house he loved so he could move to San Diego just because his wife's sister suggested it. I am sure there is more to that story, but it doesn't fit into Brie's martyr persona she's always trying to sell.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2019 at 10:37 PM, Tatum said:

So...why is everyone acting like Nikki is ridiculous for wanting to adequately prepare for a big match in her career? Also, she's a "perfectionist" because she asked the axe throwing guy for another demonstration when he was standing right there anyways? What is so wrong about any of that? She's taking her job seriously and willing to work hard. Why would someone discourage that?

I admit I laughed when Bryan made fun of Brie a few times this episode, but I can't help but get this "let's all laugh at my super dumb wife" vibe he gives out, vs good-natured ribbing. I honestly don't think he respects her at all. I mean, I don't either, but I didn't marry her. 

Also, I wish Brie would clarify how exactly Nikki made her move to San Diego. Bryan clearly wears the pants in that family, and I just can't see him agreeing to sell the house he loved so he could move to San Diego just because his wife's sister suggested it. I am sure there is more to that story, but it doesn't fit into Brie's martyr persona she's always trying to sell.

I thought that was strange also, don’t we want Nikki to do well? I felt like this episode was really trying to show how different the twins are but I feel like we already know that.

I do have a question about WWE- when do the competitors are told if they are going to win or lose?  Nikki seemed to really thought she had a chance of winning the belt but (not to be mean) I never really thought she was going to win it from Rhonda?

Brie’s and Bryan’s relationship seems strange these days ( granted I didn’t watch Total Divas when they were just dating) and I agree with Tatum, like half the time I feel like Bryan really thinks that Brie is dumb and there are times when he treats her more like a daughter than his partner which weirds me out (also Nikki had this with John and that also weirded me out) , do  we know about their biological dad, he isn’t on the show so I’m assuming they are not on speaking terms ( or perhaps he just doesn’t want to be on TV!! )?

I’m not buying that Bryan was attached to the Phoenix house as he seems in charge and not particularly close to Nikki so why would he move? Doesn’t make sense to me.

• Love 1

Episode 9:

"Women Take Center Stage"

The first-ever Women's Pay-Per-View, Evolution, is finally here. The Bellas take New York by storm with their media appearances and a Bella Army-filled pep rally. Nicole is determined to show the world what she is made of in her historic Main Event match against Ronda Rousey, while Brie finds the courage to speak out against the bullying she faced this past year.

Airs March 17, 2019.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:37 AM, Tatum said:

She's taking her job seriously and willing to work hard. Why would someone discourage that?

I thought the same. But at the same time, what a humble brag for Nikki. “You just want to be sooo perfect.”

On 3/12/2019 at 7:37 AM, Tatum said:

Also, I wish Brie would clarify how exactly Nikki made her move to San Diego. 

And then when Bryan, Brie and Birdie were at the park Brie mentioned “I know I made us move.” But let’s be honest: the moves to Cena’s 2 houses and San Diego were storyline driven. I immediately disregard the “woe is me” for those moves.  I was wondering what happened to their Washington house. 

I was surprised that the original Phoenix house wasn’t the “It” house where Brie feels settled. It’s her first house and where she started her family. I did appreciate learning more about their family’s background.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:05 PM, CarolikesLemons said:

half the time I feel like Bryan really thinks that Brie is dumb

There was one season of Total Divas where he seemed like an outright jerk. It was the season before his depression was revealed on Total Bellas. Since then TPTB hasn’t showcased his attitude towards Brie as much but it’s definitely surfacing again.  

And other random and shallow thoughts:

* I have been noticing the “Total Bellas” signage visible when they film backstage at the WWE events. I wonder how the other talent feels about them getting a separate area and not being in the locker room. 

*I liked seeing the Evolution prep at the Lab. This is why I started watching the Total Bellas/Divas- to see what type of training the athletes go through and how things happen backstage. 

* Way too much time was spent on the go-kart race. I really didn’t care to see the go-pro shots for as long as they showed them. 

* I loved Nikki’s silver top for her talking head. 

* I am jealous that Brie can pull off those hats. 

* I liked Brie’s pants when they were on backwards. When she had them on correctly the V was too vagina-like. 

* Can I have Nikki’s shoulders and upper back? 

* Were there ice cubes in Nikki’s wine when she and her mom were on their beach house couch? Couldn’t tell if it was a glare or not but ice cubes in wine is a pet peeve. 

Edited by WarmSkull
On 3/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, WarmSkull said:

Were there ice cubes in Nikki’s wine when she and her mom were on their beach house couch? Couldn’t tell if it was a glare or not but ice cubes in wine is a pet peeve. 

Maybe the Belle Radici wine needs ice in it to be palatable, lol.  

I notice the episode description for next week is: 

"The twins head to Napa Valley to reflect on the past year before they move apart and continue on their separate journeys".

With the falling ratings, makes me wonder if this might be the series finale.  Or maybe it's made to be a series finale just in case it might be.  I guess they'll still be on Total Divas regardless, if that survives.

Looks like Brie has tired of competing with her sister and decided to go with the one thing she was winning at:  being a wife and mother.  I wonder if the WWE would even be interested in booking Nikki without her sister.  The twins gimmick was such a huge part of their characters, swapping places in the ring to fool the referee and all.  I don't know if Brie will ever wrestle again, but I suspect they'll pop up on WWE TV at some point, in some form or other.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

With the falling ratings, makes me wonder if this might be the series finale.  Or maybe it's made to be a series finale just in case it might be.  I guess they'll still be on Total Divas regardless, if that survives.

They will not be on this upcoming season of Total Divas though they will still produce or whatever behind the scenes. 

I’ve noticed for the past several seasons of Total Bellas/Divas that E doesn’t schedule many repeats of the episodes. For example,  tonight’s episode airs at 9 PM. I skipped all the way through Wednesday and could not find a reairing. Meanwhile Very Cavallari will air at 10 PM and then later on early Monday morning. I usually could DVR Total Bellas/Divas in the 3 AM window, but no longer. I feel like for all the other shows E will reair that season’s episodes quite often, to the point of mini marathons. I wonder if dismal ratings have anything to do with the lack of push E gives the show. 

1 hour ago, rmontro said:

I wonder if the WWE would even be interested in booking Nikki without her sister.

I feel like Nikki could continue to be successful in WWE without Brie. She in particular seems to have a decent gimmick with the Fearless Nikki that connects well with the audience, and I think would be more flexible to experiment with different storylines. 

I know it’s google-able but has Nikki popped up in WWE since Evolution? 

27 minutes ago, WarmSkull said:

I’ve noticed for the past several seasons of Total Bellas/Divas that E doesn’t schedule many repeats of the episodes. For example,  tonight’s episode airs at 9 PM. I skipped all the way through Wednesday and could not find a reairing. Meanwhile Very Cavallari will air at 10 PM and then later on early Monday morning. I usually could DVR Total Bellas/Divas in the 3 AM window, but no longer. 

Good observation, I've noticed that also.

23 minutes ago, WarmSkull said:

I feel like Nikki could continue to be successful in WWE without Brie. She in particular seems to have a decent gimmick with the Fearless Nikki that connects well with the audience, and I think would be more flexible to experiment with different storylines. 

I know it’s google-able but has Nikki popped up in WWE since Evolution? 

Not that I can recall.  They were talking about being on TV after Evolution, but that was before Brie announced her retirement (which was also not acknowledged on WWE TV, by the way).

I'm sure Nikki could be successful in WWE without her sister.  Whether or not WWE will want to book her that way might be a different story.  They're often criticized for not utilizing all of their talent.  Anyway, to my mind, the Bellas kind of belong to the "previous era", and thus aren't likely to be given any sort of major push again.  Probably the main thing they had going for them in that regard was the Total Divas and Total Bellas TV shows.  A lot of people thought it was a mistake to put Nikki in the Evolution main event, I'm not sure we'll see something like that again.

• Love 1

That bit about John Laurinaitis' voice was kind of touching, I thought - the way he has accepted his new voice.  My wrestling friends and I really enjoyed his old role as general manager of Raw, and we always thought his voice was very distinctive.  I vaguely remember him wrestling as Johnny Ace, although I didn't know he was the brother of Road Warrior Animal (saw that on Wikipedia).

I was thinking that Brie's resentment of Nikki wrestling in the main event and not her was behind her decision to retire after Evolution.  That way she could guarantee that the storyline would end there, and not drag on.  And she wouldn't be put in the "second best" valet position with her sister again.

Nikki seemed to imply that she thought Brie's decision to retire was more about the criticism over her botches though, and that is possible.  It must bother her quite a bit though, to address the Bella Army about it.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 1

I watched episode 9.

I feel like they are already hinting at Brie’s storyline for upcoming seasons: “I have 2 kids, a husband and 2 dogs. Will I lose who I am as Brie?”

I felt like Brie was laying  it on pretty thick when she told Nikki “I am going to have sooo much stability when I retire. I’ll have Birdie and a second kid, a husband and my house and stability.” Are you trying to convince yourself or  are you trying to one-up Nikki? We all know that you will miss the attention. But don’t worry, Nikki will bust her ass to get another wine, etc deal so you can continue to ride her coattails.

Botch Bella! I love that they finally said those words. But really Brie with the “Story of my life” quip. Your entire life has been like this? So dramatic.

The one thing that annoyed me is how Brie only identifies herself so much as only a mom. At the pep rally her speech included how everyone attacked her mistakes her and “made THIS MOM” feel horrible. We know you’re a mom, but you don’t need to leverage it for guilt points. She could have picked any other descriptor, a wrestler, a veteran athlete, a woman, etc but you picked “mom.” It didn’t fit right for me. Did anyone on social media say “get the mom of the ring” or call her “Botch Mom?” With the botched suicide dives it seemed like plenty of people understood that pregnancy changed her center of mass so she couldn’t do the move as she once did. But, they wanted her to practice it. Brie, please go back to Phoenix and knock that chip off your shoulder.

This episode was trying to show that Brie can’t hang anymore when it comes to busy schedules for media, etc. But she has the time and the energy for “mommy night out” with her SIL. But thinks attending a pep rally, essentially a fan event, is lame? Which story line is it? Would she be more amendable if there was booze at the pep rally? 

The dinner where Nikki initiated the talk about wanting the pep rally had me cracking up. How many times can Nikki say “Bella army, Bellalution, Evolution.” It reminded me of the Parks and Rec episode when the crew was selling Snake Juice and had to use specific buzzwords. Fast forward to the club and Leslie comes along yelling the buzzwords randomly. That’s how I saw Nikkk. 

I enjoyed Paige and Nattie popping up in the episode. Especially since Nattie wasn’t playing her “wacky Nattie” storyline. I enjoy seeing Nattie portray herself as the competent and experienced wrestler that she is. 

As usual I loved their outfits. Especially Lauren’s outfit when she and Brie had their night out. 

I would love for Lauren to have a lifestyle show without the reality TV storylines. Just clothes, products and her trips. And no Brother Bella. 

P.S. Jessica Simpson had her third child today and named her baby Birdie Mae. 

Edited by WarmSkull
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, WarmSkull said:

The one thing that annoyed me is how Brie only identifies herself so much as only a mom. At the pep rally her speech included how everyone attacked her mistakes her and “made THIS MOM” feel horrible. We know you’re a mom, but you don’t need to leverage it for guilt points. She could have picked any other descriptor, a wrestler, a veteran athlete, a woman, etc but you picked “mom.” It didn’t fit right for me. Did anyone on social media say “get the mom of the ring” or call her “Botch Mom?” With the botched suicide dives it seemed like plenty of people understood that pregnancy changed her center of mass so she couldn’t do the move as she once did. But, they wanted her to practice it....

Ugh. It's probably just to remind everyone that she's the only active woman wrestler with a young child. That's right isn't it? I would bet she's hinting she should be rewarded for doing any professional wrestling while a mom to a young child, and any criticism made should be tempered by this fact. Basically, she should be held to a lower standard than any other WWE employee.

What Brie doesn't understand is that people choose not to carry on in careers that are not conducive to raising small children for this very reason. Insisting you can do both and then phoning it in for one or both endeavors does not make you supergirl, Brie. It makes you unrealistic and a poor planner. It was clear from the start you never intended to put in the work and preparation Nikki was, and you want to coast on other people's hard work and your experience from 10 years ago. When you're called out on it, everyone is being "mean" rather than just acknowledging your own lack of preparation and effort.

This episode was trying to show that Brie can’t hang anymore when it comes to busy schedules for media, etc. But she has the time and the energy for “mommy night out” with her SIL. But thinks attending a pep rally, essentially a fan event, is lame? Which story line is it? Would she be more amendable if there was booze at the pep rally?...I would love for Lauren to have a lifestyle show without the reality TV storylines. Just clothes, products and her trips. And no Brother Bella. 

Brie is lazy AF. She always has time for "fun" events.

And yes, I like Lauren too. I do think there is something wrong with her to want to be with JJ, especially after the way he pimped out their "troubled marriage" for a reality show storyline. But in general I find her personality enjoyable. I wonder if she and Kathy get along.

Speaking of, I used to like Kathy. Now I don't. Nikki's an acquired taste (I like her now, but I didn't when Total Divas first started), but I find Brie and JJ downright unlikeable. It seems to me that Kathy is always encouraging the undesirable traits of her offspring, and trying to discourage the things about them that are actually likeable.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, WarmSkull said:

Will I lose who I am as Brie?

Snort...and who might that be Brie? A lazy, entitled woman with no hobbies, opinions, or interests outside of counting instagram likes? Seriously, Brie mimics the traits and opinions of so many people in her life for so long, she should have had an identity crisis long before she got married or knocked up.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

It's probably just to remind everyone that she's the only active woman wrestler with a young child. That's right isn't it? 

She isn't even the only active WWE woman wrestler with a young child.  Mickie James has a 4 year-old son.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

She isn't even the only active WWE woman wrestler with a young child.  Mickie James has a 4 year-old son.

Oh, I didn't know that. That was just speculation on my part, I guess I don't know that Brie thinks she's the only mom on the roster.

Episode 10:

"The Evolution Of The Bellas"

This was a year of change for the Bella Twins, and in true Bella fashion they head to Napa Valley to reflect before they move apart and continue on their separate journeys for once in their lives. While Brie is ready for a calmer life with hopes of another baby, Nicole, done playing it safe, finally spreads her wings into the arms of a new love interest.

Airs March 24, 2019.

Apparently during episode 10 Nikki announced her retirement from wrestling.

Then this blind item came out, if you believe this sort of thing (I personally love the fodder):

“This couple used to have the same profession. They are both attractive and talented, but the fact that they were a couple boosted both their combined profiles considerably.

He started venturing into other areas of the entertainment industry. Then they broke up.

Now, she says she is quitting her job, citing factors like it was “too physically demanding” and it requires “too much travel.”

Are those really the reasons?

No. Her quitting has everything to do with their breakup! Since she’s not part of the “first couple” anymore, her profile is a lot lower and the ratings on her show have collapsed. Her life just isn’t that interesting without him. Fewer watchers, fewer sponsors. She thinks it’s better to quit everything and try something new (and hopefully find a man that raises her profile again) than to get cancelled.

So, no more ring equals less money. Time to find something – and someone – new!”

Edited by WarmSkull

I can believe that. When total divas started, lots of people were saying that the Bellas were only really noticed because of their respective boyfriends. I can totally buy and no one is paying any attention to Nikki now, and she’s decided to cut her losses in WWE. 

• Love 1

Just watched episode 9. So, it's no secret that I generally find Nikki far more palatable than Brie, but they were both pretty obnoxious in episode 9. I thought it was absolutely classless of Nikki to give that interview where she said it takes two to tango, which I'm assuming was a reference to Brie's opponent who got hurt. Even if that's true, I find that kind of blame deflection to be absolutely bush league. You can defend your sister without throwing someone else under the bus.

I also absolutely agreed with Brie's mortification over organizing a "pep rally" to honor yourself. (Although very telling she got over her embarrassment when the MC started singing her praises). Also, Brie is dumb. You can learn a song or a cheer in a day. You're shaking your butt to a 30 second dance song, not learning to play Mozart on the piano. Also, while Nikki kept saying she wanted to lift Brie's spirits, for the first time in this entire show's run, it was painfully obvious how self serving that was, as Nikki wasn't sure what kind of future she'd have in WWE without the twin gimmick.

Also had to laugh when Johnny Ace gently pointed out that voice box surgery has been an option for him for the last 25 years. Stupid Brie probably really thinks he was helpless until she came along and suggested the procedure. Like, what, Brie, that wouldn't have occurred to a team of medical professionals that have treated him over the years? Good thing you came along.

Also, she can GTFO with her "7 kids" talk. She is going to be in for such a rude awakening when she has that second child. Of course she'll probably dump the kids off with Kathy multiple times a week so she can go out drinking with JJ. When she was like, I realized you have to make time for yourself, even once you have kids, I was like, bitch, when don't you make time for yourself? I would bet once a month at least she's flying off somewhere (not counting WWE) and even if it's technically work related, she sure manages to find the time to sit at a fancy restaurant or lounge in a hot tub. She's approaching Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2 territory with her delusions over how hard her life is and how hard she works.

• Love 1

I watched Episode 10.  I don’t have much since the previews and news articles gave so much away throughout the week. 

During JJ’s wine tasting: It took me a moment to realize the “coke up my nose” moment. I was a bored leading up to that scene so maybe that’s why it went over my head initially.

I agree with Brie - birthdays don’t have to elaborate thing. But then she wants a theme and centards, I mean centaurs. 

I enjoyed Bryan’s wrestling scenes. 

Nikki’s “I’m hanging up the boots” speech at dinner was anti-climatic. There was barely a reaction from her family. Clearly this twin retirement has been in the works for quite some time. 

So, Nikki will be in LA, Brie in Phoenix (with the rest of most of the family) and they will focus on their brands. But they both were tired of the traveling involved in WWE. What about the traveling to be involved for the brands? And Brie actually told Nikki that if she leaves WWE then they could put more time into their companies. We know you have people to drive the creative side. 

The “move out of Brie’s rental house” scene: They act like they aren’t going to see each other *ever again.* Wasn’t Brie in Phoenix when Nikki was in Florida with Cena? They are still going to work on the wine and clothing etc brands so the dramatic goodbye is unnecessary.

When was Nicole Brie’s main priority? Again, all their moves were storyline driven. Also, didn’t you, Brie, say last episode say that you made your family move because your were afraid of settling down. You made those moves because you had a storyline to follow and because you were thinking of you. 

Nice end to the season... series...?

Centaur is TWO syllables, Brie! It's not Cen-a-taur. (Actually, she had it correct the first time. JJ erroneously corrected her proper pronunciation, and  naturally Brie just went with it for the rest of the episode).

I laughed when JJ gleefully poured in the Coke and the tequila in the wine glasses.

I also love Brie's admission that they have jack to do with the actual wine production. Next she's going to admit they don't draw the clothing sketches or sew the clothes!

Just like with any D list celebrity, using your name to further clothing, makeup, jewelry, purse, you name it, lines are, you have to keep with your current outlet in order to be enough of a name to sell these items. Brie sure isn't going to do that, so interesting to see if Nikki can stay relevant without the WWE. It seems the twins have embarked on alternate career paths before returning to the WWE, but given their ages and other family commitments, this may be the end of the road for them at WWE.

I am happy for them both, especially Nikki as she has always wanted to be a mom.  When she was with John, who didn't want them, she tried to convince herself that she would be okay with that.  I'm so glad that things have worked out for her.

Also glad for Brie and Bryan as well.  I was a little surprised that Brie hasn't popped out another one yet, because I thought they wanted a lot of kids.  But I can understand personally how frustrating trying to get pregnant can be.

• Love 6

I think Bri and Bryan had been trying for a while for a second with no success.  They spoke about it on their podcast.

I'm happy for both of them!  What an exciting thing to go through with your sister.   I was pregnant at the same time as my brother's wife and it was fun to experience it together and have someone to chat with going through the same things.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Also glad for Brie and Bryan as well.  I was a little surprised that Brie hasn't popped out another one yet, because I thought they wanted a lot of kids.

Here I was thinking that Bryan and Brie did have a second child, but I realized I was thinking of Miz and Mrs  🙂

Episode 1:

"Brave New Bellas"

The Bella Twins are back; Nicole's steamy romance with her "Dancing With the Stars" partner, Artem Chigvintsev, hits a roadblock after family and friends question if they're moving too fast; Brie and Bryan have a major disagreement.

Airs April 2, 2020.

• Love 2

I'm not even looking forward to this, but it doesn't sound like there's going to be much new stuff on for awhile, so might as well watch it.  Sounds like the bloom is off the rose for Bryan and Brie.  They seemed to depict them as a perfect couple up until now.  

• Love 1
On 3/31/2020 at 1:59 PM, rmontro said:

I'm not even looking forward to this, but it doesn't sound like there's going to be much new stuff on for awhile, so might as well watch it.  Sounds like the bloom is off the rose for Bryan and Brie.  They seemed to depict them as a perfect couple up until now.  

It doesn't surprise me, but I never thought they were a particularly inspirational couple. I don't think Bryan respects Brie at all and Brie is about the dumbest person I've ever seen on TV, and that's saying something.

• Love 4

Brie: I promised I'd give Bryan a second child.

Nikki: My romance with Artem is so crazy. Like, it's been a tornado of happiness, paparazzi, and media. It's been insane but so worth it! 
Also Nikki, "dating" a Russian man for approximately one year: You know, I've never had Russian food before.

Yeah, this is all going to go SO well. 🙄

• Love 2

I've never seen this show,but watched about 5 or 6 minutes of it the other night . From what I saw ,the Bella ladies got help from Rhonda Rousey after almost getting beat. Then one of the Bellas jumped on Rhonda from behind. The crowd looked pissed off, pretty low class move.