Type keyword(s) to search

Total Bellas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I hate to admit it, but they got me good with Josie dying.  I have just lost a few beloved cats recently, so the whole thing hit me really hard.  Pets really are a part of your family.

One strange part:  Bryan was talking about how Josie would sit on his chest and lick him.  Then Brie said "And as your wife, I want to be able to do those things for you".  Bryan stopped sobbing, and just looked up at her, like wtf?

Nikki irked me with her inviting Artem to live with her, then gave him the old "we need to slow down" speech.  If she wanted to slow down, she shouldn't have asked him to move in with her.  Unbelievable.

• Love 5

Episode 2:

"The Book Of Bella"

Brie and Nicole's upcoming book and decision to reconnect with their estranged father opens up old wounds and starts a major conflict with their mother, Kathy; Artem tries to teach Nicole how to be a responsible homeowner.

Airs April 9, 2020.

• Love 1
On 4/7/2020 at 6:51 PM, OnceSane said:

Episode 2:

Airs April 9, 2020.

Episode 2:

Nikki wants to drag her dad back into her life after not seeing him in at least 5 years, she hasn't even met her little half-brother, and tells Artem that he's "so Mexican in such a proud way, and that's how we were raised." I've seen every episode of this show, and I swear to god that this is the first time I've even heard her say any member of her family was Mexican. Did anyone else hear them say that? I knew their last name was hyphenated with Garcia, but that's about all I got.
(ETA: I haven't watched all of the episodes of previous series "Total Divas," so my apologies if their/their dad's heritage was hashed out there and I missed it)

Also, Kathy & their dad were married when the twins were 9 months old, and they were married for 15 years. The way this show has portrayed it, this man took off when Kathy was pregnant with them, never to be heard from again, and their brother JJ was immaculately conceived. 🙄

The book has been written by a ghostwriter. THANK THE GODS. 

The inspection on Nikki's new house being built "didn't go well" because "it was hot, they were talking a lot, [she] might've not listened the whole time and just said 'sure, whatever' and now there might be some things that need to get fixed." Artem's face when she said that was, "Why the fuck didn't *I* get fixed? Shit." Then Nikki starts going down every single aisle at the hardware store making double entendres at pretty much every tool on the shelves, and he totally forgets his exasperation with her because, well, her vagina.

Artem: So, you know when I told you earlier that you had a tendency of saying things and then changing your mind?
Nikki: Like if I want a homemade PopTart or not?
Artem: well, not really...

Their dad walks into their house before they take him out to dinner, asks Artem if he speaks Spanish (Artem's answer: no), and then proceeds to speak Spanish AT Artem as if he expected Artem to understand him like it was a pissing contest or something. He unloads about his addiction at dinner, which is interesting to hear about and helps set up the unfolding backstory of why Kathy and JJ don't want him in their lives, but I get the feeling that this guy is a total douchecanoe and pills/blow/gambling/meth/jai-alai betting isn't his only major issue.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 5

The dad seems like a total jerk. He says he’s a changed man but nobody is allowed to say anything about his past shitty behaviour. How is that fair to ppl who lived thru it. I don’t like him at all.

They have definitely talked about being Mexican before.

I wonder what exactly happened with the dad during their childhood. The way the mom was talking about it it didn’t seem good. JJ seems to want nothing to do with him.

Brie came off like a total bitch in this episode. She gives off a vibe that she’s above it all and everything. Probably gets it from Brian.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marley said:

They have definitely talked about being Mexican before.

Thanks - I must have completely missed that. I knew that their father was Mexican just from what I've read in the media, but it seemed odd that they went from not even mentioning it (to my knowledge) to that their dad raised them with a lot of Mexican pride. I would absolutely pee myself with glee if little Birdie answered her grandfather back in perfect Spanish! OMG how adorable would that be. 

On 4/5/2020 at 7:44 PM, rmontro said:

Nikki irked me with her inviting Artem to live with her, then gave him the old "we need to slow down" speech.  If she wanted to slow down, she shouldn't have asked him to move in with her.  Unbelievable.

Especially with how she did it. I hope that was reenacted for the cameras, because if she sat him down to renege on her offer she should have done it privately- not in a dressing room of a store and not with the cameras rolling. If anybody sprung that on me with cameras rolling, I would immediately exit that relationship.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that Nikki is moving too fast-but that conversation seemed staged for the show because we know in real time Nikki is pregnant and engaged. And I don't buy for one second that she is the 1% of failed birth control users.

• Love 6

Episode 3:

"Bellas Without Borders"

Brie and Nicole's decision to visit their father in Mexicali forces their mother, Kathy, to come to terms with one of the darkest parts of her family's past; Nicole and Brie take Artem on a tour of their hometown.

Airs April 16, 2020.

• Love 1

Hey Guys,
Just watched the second episode (Australia is a week behind) but can I agree with everyone who has red flags about their dad. He seems like a douche tbh. How can people who has affected by his bad behaviour move on and have a conversation if he won’t acknowledge it? And I found it bizarre the questions he asked Artem, I found it really rude.

But JJ seemed really mature about the situation.

Brie is still bugging me; I find that she acts all high and mighty when it comes to Nicole. Even though they are twins, I feel like there should be boundaries, heck I feel that their whole family should have boundaries! But I think that Nikki should also not listen to all her family and friends and make the decision best for her.

• Love 5

Episode 4:

"Playing Favorites"

Nicole feuds with JJ after he accuses her of favoring Birdie over her other nieces; a recent robbery puts Brie on high alert; Kathy creates trouble in the desert when she plans a family photo that doesn't include Artem.

Airs April 23, 2020.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2020 at 4:04 PM, Marley said:

The dad seems like a total jerk. He says he’s a changed man but nobody is allowed to say anything about his past shitty behaviour. How is that fair to ppl who lived thru it. I don’t like him at all...

...I wonder what exactly happened with the dad during their childhood. The way the mom was talking about it it didn’t seem good. JJ seems to want nothing to do with him.

Finally watched this episode, and I really dislike both the twins' parents.

Agree the dad was an asshole. They didn't come right out and say it, but based on his comments about never putting his hands on another woman again, I feel pretty confident they are alluding to him being physically abusive to Kathy, probably in front of the kids. I mean, good for him for getting his addiction under control and not traumatizing his second family, but that doesn't mean he's entitled to a clean slate with his first family and they are never allowed to acknowledge the damage he did, just because he isn't doing it anymore.

And I HATE when an absentee parent swoops in on their adult children acting all quasi-protective like he did to Artem. Hey asshole, you haven't been around much in her life for TWO DECADES. Who the fuck are you to tell someone else to treat Nikki right?

All that said, the twins' mom is just so abrasive, and she seems to require so much attention and validation all the time. No wonder Brie and Nikki are the way they are. While I don't doubt the pain and shame and guilt are real for their mother, it seemed like a lot of the time she was fishing for reassurance from her kids about what an awesome mom she had been.

Did love her calling out Brie for just inviting her along to be the babysitter. I 100% think Brie was hinting that she'd like to stay with Nikki and Artem and hoping the mom would tell her it was fine.

I do feel a bit badly for the mom though- it must suck to hear her daughters talk so exuberantly about a guy who not only most likely abused her, but was also an all around shitty dad from what it sounds like, who doesn't even have to make an attempt at making amends and gets to sweep in playing the hero dad. But that seems like the way it is for a lot of the parents who stick around after the other takes off.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

Agree the dad was an asshole. They didn't come right out and say it, but based on his comments about never putting his hands on another woman again, I feel pretty confident they are alluding to him being physically abusive to Kathy, probably in front of the kids.

That would explain why Kathy was acting so freaked out by the whole thing, and maybe also explain why JJ was so hostile as well.  

I do agree the twins take after their mom.  You can see a lot of her in them, and vice versa.  They appear to be leading successful lives on many levels, so apparently it works for them.

• Love 3
On 4/29/2020 at 8:15 AM, rmontro said:

That would explain why Kathy was acting so freaked out by the whole thing, and maybe also explain why JJ was so hostile as well.  

I do agree the twins take after their mom.  You can see a lot of her in them, and vice versa.  They appear to be leading successful lives on many levels, so apparently it works for them.

That makes so much sense - I didn’t pick up on that in the episode but JJ makes a reference about other kids having fathers that were safe and that as a kid he would run to Kathy not his dad. And Kathy alluding that she didn’t leave until her kids got involved. Makes you wonder what happened in that household.

• Love 4

Episode 5:

"BellaVision"

With WWE's `Smackdown' moving to network TV, Nicole weighs her options on wanting to get back in the ring. Brie has an alarming argument with Bryan.

Aired April 30. 2020.

Episode 6:

"Salsa Caliente"

A date night gone wrong threatens to destroy Nicole and Artem's relationship; Brie struggles to help JJ reconnect with his Mexican roots.

Airs May 7, 2020.

Artem was so patient with Nikki during her drunken tantrum.  There are other men out there who would have escalated the situation.  I'm glad they worked it out and I hope Nikki learned from her mistake.  Bryan and his arrogant controlling self can learn a thing or two from Artem. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, spunky said:

Artem was so patient with Nikki during her drunken tantrum.  There are other men out there who would have escalated the situation.  I'm glad they worked it out and I hope Nikki learned from her mistake.  Bryan and his arrogant controlling self can learn a thing or two from Artem. 

I was wondering if someone here was going to take NIkki's side in this.  It appeared to me that Nikki was acting disrespectful to Artem, and her being drunk didn't help.  And of course she just tried to dismiss it as "You're jealous".  But the most alarming part was the way she turned so vicious when Artem didn't respond the way she wanted him to.  And Brie's comments about knowing it would turn out bad if Nikki got put on the defensive were very revealing. 

I don't know if that whole thing was in any way real, if it was based on a real incident and recreated, or just fully scripted and completely made up.  But it was not very comfortable to watch.

• Love 2

Artem was really patient but I can see Nikkis side too. She said she’s had really controlling guys in her past basically in the one scene sand we even kind of saw that with John Cena on the show who seemed to want her to only act a certain way. Being very drunk does not help a situation either lol. Anyways she seemed to feel bad about it the next day. 

Who know what’s fake but they seem cute together to me. Also Brie being happy they had their first fight did make me laugh a bit lol.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 3:52 PM, Marley said:

Who know what’s fake but they seem cute together to me. Also Brie being happy they had their first fight did make me laugh a bit lol.

Well, if Nikki is pregnant (as she apparently is), then they'd better be cute together. 

Being happy about the first fight seems very Brie.  She was completely over all that kissy kissy stuff that Nikki and Artem inflict on everyone.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, rmontro said:

I was wondering if someone here was going to take NIkki's side in this.  It appeared to me that Nikki was acting disrespectful to Artem, and her being drunk didn't help.  And of course she just tried to dismiss it as "You're jealous".  But the most alarming part was the way she turned so vicious when Artem didn't respond the way she wanted him to.  And Brie's comments about knowing it would turn out bad if Nikki got put on the defensive were very revealing. 

I don't know if that whole thing was in any way real, if it was based on a real incident and recreated, or just fully scripted and completely made up.  But it was not very comfortable to watch.

That situation was just crazy. Part of her behavior made me believe she was enjoying pushing his buttons a little. It was like she wanted him to become as amped up as she was and start yelling. He remained classy throughout the entire ordeal and showed how much he truly loves her by being concerned for her safety. He had enough sense to realize that he couldn’t have a rational conversation with someone who was clearly intoxicated. I hope this wasn’t staged because of how cringe worthy it was. Nikki almost lost a good man over nothing.

P.S. JJ and Lauren can leave at anytime because they’re both annoying.

• Love 9

I get that Nicole, Brie, the SIL, and their mom's tamales were not going out to the general public or anything, but watching them make tamales with gloves AND THEIR HAIR HANGING DOWN INTO THE MASA was absolutely gross. 🤢

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I get that Nicole, Brie, the SIL, and their mom's tamales were not going out to the general public or anything, but watching them make tamales with gloves AND THEIR HAIR HANGING DOWN INTO THE MASA was absolutely gross. 🤢

I didn't notice that about the hair, but that scene sure made me hungry for tamales.  Yum.

• Love 3

Episode 7:

"Bella Vs. Bella"

Nicole reveals she might be pregnant with Artem's baby; Brie and Bryan's relationship issues reach the breaking point; Nicole's long-delayed house construction leads to a major Bella brawl.

Airs May 14, 2020.

(edited)

Can someone explain to me exactly what Brie sees in Bryan?! His flavor savor beard makes him physically unattractive (in my opinion) and he seems to be controlling and a bit condescending. Plus Brie seems unhappy and a little jealous of Nikki's relationship with Artem. No one should have to tell Bryan to make an effort to be welcoming to Artem. I felt bad for Artem who was obviously trying to be friendly while Bryan sat there like a cold fish.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, spunky said:

Can someone explain to me exactly what Brie sees in Bryan?!

One might ask the same about what exactly he sees in her?  At the time they got together though, Bryan was the hottest thing in wrestling by far, he was wildly popular, so his stock was at a high.  At the same time, Nikki was dating John Cena, so they locked down the two top wrestlers in the company.

I actually think they make a pretty good couple.  All this negativity about their relationship seemed to suddenly come out of nowhere, makes me suspicious that it's being manufactured for drama.  But Brie made the observation that the honeymoon stage was over, and that is certainly not a rare occurrence, nor is the hard work involved with raising a child while juggling careers.

It was no surprise Bryan didn't want to go fishing, since he's an environmentalist and a vegan.  Considering that, I was actually surprised that Brie said Birdie was eating turkey for lunch.

• Love 6

I just saw the scene where the waiter knocks Nicole's glass of red wine and she spills it all over chest. I rewound this action more times than I care to admit, and it looks completely intentional. He is holding the black napkin, and his finger comes OUT and pulls down her glass stem down, splashing the wine up and out of the glass. Unreal. She was so non-reactive that it makes them all look ridiculously scripted (more than is reasonable - why am I still watching).

12 hours ago, spunky said:

Can someone explain to me exactly what Brie sees in Bryan?! His flavor savor beard makes him physically unattractive (in my opinion)

Bryan heard you! Beard has been tightly trimmed and he's got a buzz cut. There you go!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I just saw the scene where the waiter knocks Nicole's glass of red wine and she spills it all over chest. I rewound this action more times than I care to admit, and it looks completely intentional. He is holding the black napkin, and his finger comes OUT and pulls down her glass stem down, splashing the wine up and out of the glass. Unreal. She was so non-reactive that it makes them all look ridiculously scripted (more than is reasonable - why am I still watching).

Bryan heard you! Beard has been tightly trimmed and he's got a buzz cut. There you go!

On Total Divas a few years back, Eva Marie was holding her phone by the window (in the car) and her husband either knocked it out of her hand or turned sharply while driving and caused her to "drop" it out the window. If you watch carefully (we did, we're geeks) you can pretty easily tell it was a scripted move.

Pretty much everything about this show screams scripted at this point. Except Brie and Bryan. I do really think he is contemptuous of her in general (I mean, she's completely vapid and bland, but he's the one who married her), and I think she is beyond sick of her finances, social media postings, and grocery lists being micromanaged by the wanna be environmentalist.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

I think she is beyond sick of her finances, social media postings, and grocery lists being micromanaged by the wanna be environmentalist.

Funny how both Brie and Nikki were involved with controlling men (Bryan and Cena).  Might have something to do with their father?  Artem doesn't seem to fit that mold though.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Finally!!😂😂

Now he just has to fix his abrasive personality. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/15/2020 at 1:10 PM, rmontro said:

One might ask the same about what exactly he sees in her?  At the time they got together though, Bryan was the hottest thing in wrestling by far, he was wildly popular, so his stock was at a high.  At the same time, Nikki was dating John Cena, so they locked down the two top wrestlers in the company.

I actually think they make a pretty good couple.  All this negativity about their relationship seemed to suddenly come out of nowhere, makes me suspicious that it's being manufactured for drama.  But Brie made the observation that the honeymoon stage was over, and that is certainly not a rare occurrence, nor is the hard work involved with raising a child while juggling careers.

It was no surprise Bryan didn't want to go fishing, since he's an environmentalist and a vegan.  Considering that, I was actually surprised that Brie said Birdie was eating turkey for lunch.

Brie may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but she does seem like a nice enough person. Bryan could have come up with an alternate activity to do with Artem. He was acting as though he was above it all and could not be bothered. I think Brie wants Birdie to decide if she wants to be vegan or not instead of just forcing that on her. I actually agree that Birdie should be able to make that decision for herself when she's old enough to do so.

• Love 5

I just watched the Favoritism episode, and I thought Nikki came off terribly. JJ is an asshole, no doubt, but I do believe there are years of hurt feelings pent up, and it is hard when you feel like the exclusion you felt is being revisited upon your kids. For Nikki to melodramatically bitch about this horrible injustice done to her and how she never thought this was part of "aunt life" and then to pull a no-show when she knows she (however unintentionally) has hurt her brother's feelings? And then turn it around and act like she's such a victim?

My litmus test here is Lauren, who has, despite her choice in husbands, always struck me as the relatively reasonable one in the attention seeking and insanely oversensitive coven that is the Bella family. She seemed genuinely hurt by Nikki and just over her ridiculous in laws. Also, Mama Kathy didn't speak up once for Nikki during JJ's/Lauren's gripe sessions, which makes me think she is in agreement with what JJ and Lauren were saying.

Plus I thought Nikki was insane about the whole picture thing. You've been dating a year, Nikki! You're not even ready to live together, by your own admission. Naturally he wouldn't be included in a family photo, and I think it would be presumptuous of him to assume he was (I think staging a "fake" photo was way more hurtful, honestly, and I hope this was scripted for the show). I thought it was really telling when Kathy said something like, "Nikki thinks I don't take her relationship seriously, but really, sometimes I wonder if Nikki takes her relationship that seriously." Just like JJ and his feelings about his daughter vs. Birdie, Nikki's overreaction about Artem's exclusion from the picture seemed more about her feelings than his. I think Nikki felt dumb being in a picture without an SO when her siblings both had theirs.

While Artem is a super nice guy, I actually don't think Nikki is that into him. He was a rebound. If I may play armchair psychologist for a moment, after 7+ years of dating a guy who was very much 'my way or nothing', I think Nikki enjoyed dating someone who let her call all the shots and constantly kisses her ass. But I think she seems bored with him already, and I do think his income/net worth compared to Cena's is going to always disappoint her. I'm not calling her a gold-digger, but I do think Nicole is attracted to highly successful men and I don't think she's going to enjoy being the breadwinner.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

For Nikki to melodramatically bitch about this horrible injustice done to her and how she never thought this was part of "aunt life" and then to pull a no-show when she knows she (however unintentionally) has hurt her brother's feelings? And then turn it around and act like she's such a victim?

As Brie noted about Nikki's fight with Artem, if Nikki gets put on the defensive there is going to be trouble.  I'm sure JJ was right about the favoritism.  But it's no real surprise that twins are going to be closer than regular siblings, and that probably extends to the children, unfortunately.  I'm sure Nikki is around Birdie a lot more than JJ's children, just because she's so close to Brie.

As for Artem, I was curious, so I Googled his net worth.  Those estimates are not known to be very accurate, but still.  His net worth was supposedly $2 million (Cena was $55 million), Nikki and Brie were $6 million, and Bryan's was $8 million.

• Love 5

I kind of thought Nikki wasn’t that into Artem too but I had forgot he might have been her “rebound”. When I was watching I was thinking....Nikki never did that with John or Nikki wouldn’t dare do that to John lol. She seems disrespectful towards Artem sometimes. Like with the pregnancy test thing,she knows she’s been saying she’s wanted children for years but then acts overly obnoxious when she finds out she isn’t pregnant. When she sees Artem seemed kind of bothered. I agree with someone on here who said Brie seems jealous of Nikki’s new relationship. But Bryan’s drama could totally be scripted lol

• Love 5
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

As Brie noted about Nikki's fight with Artem, if Nikki gets put on the defensive there is going to be trouble.  I'm sure JJ was right about the favoritism.  But it's no real surprise that twins are going to be closer than regular siblings, and that probably extends to the children, unfortunately.  I'm sure Nikki is around Birdie a lot more than JJ's children, just because she's so close to Brie.

As for Artem, I was curious, so I Googled his net worth.  Those estimates are not known to be very accurate, but still.  His net worth was supposedly $2 million (Cena was $55 million), Nikki and Brie were $6 million, and Bryan's was $8 million.

Yes, but just like JJ has to accept that this is just the way it is, Nikki could be a little kinder when Brie takes it upon herself to let her know how hurt JJ is. Instead she ups the ante by just blowing off the dinner invite? Sidebar: when she said she never said for sure she was coming, I thought that was SO rude. Someone invites you to something and you just say maybe and let them be surprised? She came off like a snotty preteen girl. 

Normally I’m in the camp that it’s shitty to bitch about someone behind their back, but in this case, when your complaint is, you’re not as close to me as you are to someone else, I mean, what really can be done? I don’t begrudge JJ venting about something that hurts him to his family.
Although very likely a passive aggressive move- I am sure he knew it would make its way back to Nikki which may have been his intention all along. I mean, the whole family is pretty immature. 

It would surprise me if Artem truly had a $1 million + net worth, unless he comes from money. Dancing with the Stars doesn’t publish the pros’ salaries, but estimates are around $5K a week. That’s good money, but it’s not millionaire money, plus it’s not a year round gig. And it doesn’t sound like he did anything else during his 10 year run. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

Nikki never did that with John or Nikki wouldn’t dare do that to John lol. She seems disrespectful towards Artem sometimes.

From what it looks like, Artem is basically unemployed (aside from his reality gig on Total Bellas).  Seems like that garners him some disrespect from Nikki, especially since she is so ambitious and driven.

5 hours ago, Tatum said:

It would surprise me if Artem truly had a $1 million + net worth, unless he comes from money.

Maybe that includes his stake in getting Nikki pregnant  🙂

Really though, he was on eight seasons of Dancing with the Stars, plus he was on some other dancing shows, so he probably did make some decent money from all that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Just watched the ep where Nikki and Artem had a fight and Nikki mode is terrifying, I felt bad for Artem tbh, I couldn’t imagine handling someone like that.
 And I hope I don’t sound mean but Brie is annoying (more than usual),like I feel like she has the same fabricated storyline about being busy and I feel like saying its not cute for a grown woman not to know how to organise her time, which is (I feel) is basically her problem. And her marital problems with Bryan, I’m not sure about that lol

Thats such an interesting take, Tatum on Nikki. She does play the victim.  if you listen to their podcast (I only listen when Im straightening my hair lol!), Nikki was still defending herself and said they don’t send her any pictures of the nieces so its not her fault.  I mean you cant send a birthday card to your nieces? Hmmmm theres busy and thoughtlessness. I like Nikki but I rolled my eyes.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CarolikesLemons said:

Just watched the ep where Nikki and Artem had a fight and Nikki mode is terrifying, I felt bad for Artem tbh, I couldn’t imagine handling someone like that.
 And I hope I don’t sound mean but Brie is annoying (more than usual),like I feel like she has the same fabricated storyline about being busy and I feel like saying its not cute for a grown woman not to know how to organise her time, which is (I feel) is basically her problem. And her marital problems with Bryan, I’m not sure about that lol

Thats such an interesting take, Tatum on Nikki. She does play the victim.  if you listen to their podcast (I only listen when Im straightening my hair lol!), Nikki was still defending herself and said they don’t send her any pictures of the nieces so its not her fault.  I mean you cant send a birthday card to your nieces? Hmmmm theres busy and thoughtlessness. I like Nikki but I rolled my eyes.

Yeah to me, Nikki's reaction to the accusation was way worse than the accusation itself. I have three nephews and a niece (via husband- I'm an only child) and I have never sent a birthday card. If I happen to be with them on birthdays and Christmases they will usually get money from me. If I am not with them, nothing. And as pointed out, by virtue of Nikki's relationship with Brie, in all likelihood she is just going to be closer to any offspring of Brie's.

No one was suggesting Nikki don a sackcloth and ashes and flog herself- yet she acted so put upon by being informed that her actions, however unintentional, were hurtful. I didn't like that.

Also, as someone who has dealt for years with flaky friends (who are no longer friends) and non committal inlaws (who unfortunately are here to stay), "I never said for sure I was coming" would make me apoplectic. WTF Nikki? It's the hour of the invitation and you can't be bothered to let them know one way or the other if you're coming? Rude as fuck.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, CarolikesLemons said:

Brie is annoying (more than usual),like I feel like she has the same fabricated storyline about being busy and I feel like saying its not cute for a grown woman not to know how to organise her time, which is (I feel) is basically her problem.

I could believe Brie is busy with being a mom, but I'm skeptical that their business takes up that much time.  It appears that they show up for a meeting now and then, and whoever is really running the company shows them the clothes they're working on, and that's about it.

Brie was also pretty rude to Nikki in the kitchen when the latter was staying at her house, she was definitely not being a good host.  If I were Nikki, I would have left too.  To Brie's credit, she did apologize.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I could believe Brie is busy with being a mom, but I'm skeptical that their business takes up that much time.  It appears that they show up for a meeting now and then, and whoever is really running the company shows them the clothes they're working on, and that's about it.

I agree with this. Brie's participation in the companies she "runs" is pretty limited to the briefings she gets every other month or so from the people actually in charge, and the events she and Nikki throw to promote their respective wares. Brie just seems overwhelmed at life.

I have a hard time imagining Brie with someone laid back like Artem. It would take them the better part of the morning just to decide where they wanted to eat breakfast. "I don't care, you can pick." "Oh, I don't care either, what do you feel like?" Back and forth.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Episode 8:

"Off the Deep End"

Nicole's decision about whether to freeze her eggs or create embryos with Artem tests the couple's relationship; Nicole's house is finally finished and Brie rubs her sister the wrong way by trying to make her install a permanent pool fence.

Airs May 21, 2020.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/17/2020 at 3:37 PM, Tatum said:

Yes, but just like JJ has to accept that this is just the way it is, Nikki could be a little kinder when Brie takes it upon herself to let her know how hurt JJ is. Instead she ups the ante by just blowing off the dinner invite? Sidebar: when she said she never said for sure she was coming, I thought that was SO rude. Someone invites you to something and you just say maybe and let them be surprised? She came off like a snotty preteen girl. 

Normally I’m in the camp that it’s shitty to bitch about someone behind their back, but in this case, when your complaint is, you’re not as close to me as you are to someone else, I mean, what really can be done? I don’t begrudge JJ venting about something that hurts him to his family.
Although very likely a passive aggressive move- I am sure he knew it would make its way back to Nikki which may have been his intention all along. I mean, the whole family is pretty immature. 

It would surprise me if Artem truly had a $1 million + net worth, unless he comes from money. Dancing with the Stars doesn’t publish the pros’ salaries, but estimates are around $5K a week. That’s good money, but it’s not millionaire money, plus it’s not a year round gig. And it doesn’t sound like he did anything else during his 10 year run. 

Didn’t Nikki say that Artem flips houses, which is why he was giving her advice when she was having hers built?  That could provide a source of income and at the same time some of his $$ could be tied up until the house(s) get sold.

Edited by Koalagirl
Spelling is everything!
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Didn’t Nikki say that Artem flips houses, which is why he was giving her advice when she was having hers built?  That could provide a source of income and at the same time some of his $$ could be tied up until the house(s) get sold.

I had forgotten that, but I believe you're right, he did say that.  It's probably more of a side thing for him, but with his TV money he could likely be flipping properties at a fairly high level.

• Love 2

I lowkey have a crush on Artem. He's cute, has an accent, is sweet, loving, can cook and dance, is good with children. I do love Nikki too. I love her outspoken personality. I don't understand why Artem put up with all her wishy washy-ness though. He seems like the type that wouldn't be put up with it. He must really be in love with her.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, ItsObvious said:

I lowkey have a crush on Artem. He's cute, has an accent, is sweet, loving, can cook and dance, is good with children. I do love Nikki too. I love her outspoken personality. I don't understand why Artem put up with all her wishy washy-ness though. He seems like the type that wouldn't be put up with it. He must really be in love with her.

Me too 🙂 He seems like a very sweet man  ( and i love watching his cooking vids!) and I love Nikki and Artem together actually. But must agree that sometimes Nikki is very wishy washy, but it does make me lol when watching the show, haha

• Love 2
18 hours ago, CarolikesLemons said:

Me too 🙂 He seems like a very sweet man  ( and i love watching his cooking vids!) and I love Nikki and Artem together actually. But must agree that sometimes Nikki is very wishy washy, but it does make me lol when watching the show, haha

Artem seems too good for her if you ask me.  Nikki has said she has commitment issues.  Which is funny, since she just got done dating a guy with commitment issues (Cena).  But then IIRC when he was finally ready to commit, she called it off.  She definitely likes to flip flop.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Artem seems too good for her if you ask me.  Nikki has said she has commitment issues.  Which is funny, since she just got done dating a guy with commitment issues (Cena).  But then IIRC when he was finally ready to commit, she called it off.  She definitely likes to flip flop.

Well, I think there was probably more to the Cena thing- that whole scenario was weird. I suspect a lot more happened behind the scenes and Nikki and Brie are both fans of revisionist history so if there is more to that story, we'll probably never get it. Sigh. Wish Cena would spill. I'm so nosy!

And in the case of Artem, I still think, while he seems like a super cool guy, she's having trouble committing to him because she's not that into him. I think she feels obligated to him because he provided a lot of validation when she really needed it and clearly is head over heels for her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Well, I think there was probably more to the Cena thing

I'm sure there was more to the Cena thing.  But this is the story that we got on the show, and who knows how close or far to the truth that is?  At the end of the day, it's probably nobody's business.  But I'm not the one who decided to invite people into my lives with a reality show.

As for Artem, Nikki was the one who decided to go pursue him.  But sometimes relationships work better when there aren't such high head over heels type emotions.  Nikki strikes me as the type who really wants someone, but then loses interest once she has him.

• Love 2

Episode 9:

"Sweat It Out"

Brie and Bryan head to Sedona to heal their damaged relationship and have an intense, life-changing experience; the Bella family starts to suspect that Artem plans to propose to Nicole.

Airs May 28, 2020.