Type keyword(s) to search

Secure the Media!

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I understand Issa wanting to close this chapter and move onto new things, but I wish they would give this two seasons to wrap up instead of just one.  Last season just kind of petered to an end and felt unfinished.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I understand Issa wanting to close this chapter and move onto new things, but I wish they would give this two seasons to wrap up instead of just one.  Last season just kind of petered to an end and felt unfinished.  

Isn't that a good argument to wrap things up in one season, though?

2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Isn't that a good argument to wrap things up in one season, though?

It's just that s4 had some great ideas, but most of them didn't get developed.  The major fight between Issa and Molly which may have been resolved but we didn't see it.  Tiffany's seriously undeveloped PPD, which had little to no traction until the season finale.  Amanda said that Tiffany's plain, unpolished nails were supposed to be a hint to her depression.  Seriously?  Were the viewers supposed to be checking for that? 

Molly and her many issues could have had a whole episode devoted to her therapy, but a few half-hearted sessions and that was it.  It looked like Molly shrugged most of off, anyway.  

They introduced an interesting new character in Condola, only to go the cliched "accidental pregnancy" route with her and Lawrence.  I know everyone likes to joke about her name and breaking up Issa and Lawrence, but I was genuinely disappointed with how things turned out, because it was clear that Condola and Issa could have been good friends.  Things like that.  And the show is only 30 minutes (I know better than to ask for a whole hour), so it feels like they could have done more later on.  But with one season left, I doubt they'll add many new details, just wrap up everything else.

• Love 2

Hope that Issa doesn’t mail it in to fulfill her contract so she can go back to doing movies which are not as good as Insecure.

Or make other TV shows as producer which again are not as good as Insecure.