Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Lipstick

Shelby a famous wealthy woman being a secret handler was the stupidest idea ever. When you've been on covers of magazines that should take out of running of being on secret missions.

• Love 8

Alex is SO trusting! The woman she bonded with last episode was playing her,; Russell Tovey played her this episode; I won't be surprised if the guy she carried for this entire episode until he was shot out of her sight doesn't turn out to be the one behind the event.

• Love 7

I know the FBI and CIA are different organizations, but they are both involved in gathering intelligence, being highly observant of surroundings and being able to read people effectively.  Alex is shockingly dumb.  Even I could figure out that recruit who flirted with her (don't know his name) was the "fifth guy."  I would cut Alex a lot of slack if she had always been a civilian prior to being recruited to the CIA.  However, she is supposedly an amazing FBI agent who graduated the top of her class and managed to solve a massive terrorism case in which she was being targeted by the FBI.  She managed to survive all of that and she can't succeed in a basic field exercise??  

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, WhoVenger221B said:

Virginia

They should probably look at some pics of the town before they try to portray it on TV. Could have been any number of towns nearby, but most definitely not Williamsburg.

Gotta agree with PhysNerd's assessment of Alex with the flirting recruit. I knew right away he was the "fifth guy," why she didn't even suspect it is beyond me. At this point too the flasback/flash forward pattern is really starting to bug me.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

Alex is SO trusting! The woman she bonded with last episode was playing her,; Russell Tovey played her this episode; I won't be surprised if the guy she carried for this entire episode until he was shot out of her sight doesn't turn out to be the one behind the event.

It's so easy to play her.

• Love 2

Actually "Alex Parish is [NOT] in the building" - she's in a bunker underneath it. All she needs to do is bash one of these assholes over the head and throw one of these terrorist-suits on and she's in the mix. How hard could it be?

For some reason, I thought Raina (or was it Nimah) was gonna mark the terrorist with nail dust. I can tell you that file-nail-powder is a bitch to get off. Sharpening her nails so she can cut a bitch makes much more sense. Too bad she was so freaking obvious about it. *sigh*

Edited by marcee
  • Love 3

Nice twist. First Liam is a terrorist and now Miranda? What do the writers have against the big guns at the FBI?

Some of the flashback scenes are boring but this has definitely been better than last season. The terrorists are pretty smart, and beheading the President's wife was unexpected. Same with them figuring out Raina's tactic.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, marcee said:

Actually "Alex Parish is [NOT] in the building" - she's in a bunker underneath it. All she needs to do is bash one of these assholes over the head and throw one of these terrorist-suits on and she's in the mix. How hard could it be?

For some reason, I thought Raina (or was it Nimah) was gonna mark the terrorist with nail dust. I can tell you that file-nail-powder is a bitch to get off. Sharpening her nails so she can cut a bitch makes much more sense. Too bad she was so freaking obvious about it. *sigh*

She at least had the right idea, but the obvious way she went about it...

It's harder for Alex though.

So, this is how they work both Shelby and Nimah into the flashbacks!  They just have them be handlers for Alex and Ryan respectfully.  I guess that isn't the most far-fetch thing about this show, but it's hard to keep that a secret for too long, since Shelby is almost just as famous as Alex.  Hell, this Harry guy (who already seems to be the smartest person here already) is already getting suspicious.

"Test" of the week was as predictable as always.  It was totally obvious that Harry was the trigger or whatever, but naturally Alex fell for it.  Of course, this somehow ends up being the one where Owen's daughter actually compliments her.  Go figure.

Meanwhile, in rookie news: this Velez guy almost won a Pulitzer, but might have been jailed at one point (?), Dayana is a lawyer and is still stressing over her final case, and Chen is..... here, I guess.  Not exactly gripping stuff here.  I actually miss freaking Caleb.

In present time, Nimah tries to mark a terrorist, but they easily figure it out and just mark all the hostages (as for why they kept her alive, I'm guessing because she's the only person that can translate), while Alex gets to a working phone (after a cop gives his life for her), calls Miranda, who.... is in league with the terrorist?!  Man, the FBI is horrible on this show!

At least this episode found a way to get Priyanka Chopra in a sports bra and yoga pants.  They've almost completed the set on this show: that, underwear, bathing suit, and towel.  Sometimes I think that is what the writers spend most of the time trying to on this show: find way to have her sex up the show.

32 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

At least this episode found a way to get Priyanka Chopra in a sports bra and yoga pants.  They've almost completed the set on this show: that, underwear, bathing suit, and towel.  Sometimes I think that is what the writers spend most of the time trying to on this show: find way to have her sex up the show.

I have to admit, though, there's definitely equal-opportunity sexy. Just as many shirtless man-candy as there is sexy bra-topping and yoga-pantsing. And the guys are actually good looking. Too rare, these days.

• Love 3

Why am I watching this? 

So, I'm sure Miranda isn't in league with the terrorists. She has someone inside or some such nonsense. Though that would mean she doesn't even need Alex, but since when has this show been strong on the logic? The way they love their twists, I just can't buy that they'd give it away to us that easily. There's surely more to the story.

"Most [noobs] can't even spot one tail their first week." The hell? What kind of morons does the CIA recruit that they can't spot their co-trainees staring them down or walking around with a hood on? Omg, I about died at Ryan! This show is so dumb. Nice throwback to Alex in S1 all disguised in a hoodie! She's your lover but a hood is going make you unrecognizable while you stroll around with a wire coming out of your ear. *snort*

I'm amazed the feds haven't made this show use fake organization names. Surely this nonsense is slander against our agencies! 

• Love 3

Alex is SO trusting!

Yeah, I don't really follow how a character who has gone through what Alex went through, and who was betrayed by someone she considered a good friend, is so open and trusting with people. 

I feel as though if they felt they could get away with setting a terrorist attack at a nudist colony, that plotline would end up lasting six or seven seasons. 

• Love 5

Alright, I'll give these writers some credit for the way they brought Nimah and Shelby into the silly CIA training plot.

It looks like Alex has learned little to nothing from working in the FBI. She still takes everyone and everything at face value. 

Has Miranda taken a page out of Liam's book?

I HATE the music cues on this show. 

ETA:

Why am I watching this? 

I ask myself this every week!

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 1

I'm sorry, but is it Nimah as Ryan's handler and Raina at the hostage situation? If TPTB gave Nimah the one identifier (Raina's hijab) then I'm going to be very confused. Also; where's Caleb? Did they stealth-fire the actor? Raina, Simon and Caleb were my only reasons for watching last year, and with those two gone I don't think even my Russell Tovey-crush will keep me watching...

• Love 1

Also; where's Caleb? Did they stealth-fire the actor?

In the last episode, they said the character had gone to law school.  It's not clear yet if he will be coming back at some point this season. 

• Love 1