Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 First Looks etc.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Being wary/leery/not trusting someone after they hurt/attack you is not holding a grudge, it is a normal human reaction

But throwing passive-aggressive digs even after saying you are fine and want to move on or asking for someone's eye lashes just to fuck with them is holding a grudge. Holding a grudge is also a normal, human reaction.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Well, she did show her "bits" to the world last season on camera, thankfully Bravo/production blurred them out!

So then it's perfectly reasonable for PK to surmise that she was intentionally flashing her "bits" at him and any other man who crosses her path at cocktail parties. Again, if PK is making this leap that because Erika has no problem with provocative clothes or nudity in her professional context, then perhaps her "bits" are intentionally available for all men to see at all times, then that is implying sluttiness! Models are naked all the time - that doesn't mean that their "bits" are "available" for all to see at all times in their private lives.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But we're talking about the reunion here - at which point they have seen all of the aired footage, so it is very relevant in terms of Erika calling out the double standard of PK complaining about being labeled a perv when he had no problem making implications about her character at the time of filming...

And PK wasn't talking about Erika Jayne when he made that comment. It was in direct relation to Erika having accidentally flashed him the night before. And if he was somehow making a connection between EJ and the flash, then he most definitely is implying something slutty about her - basically, "Well, she dresses provocatively onstage, so maybe she is going around intentionally flashing every man at a dinner party." Again, to me, the whole conversation was just gross.

We have now all seen the "aired footage" as well and nowhere in it did anyone call Erika a whore or a slut, nowhere. As for PK saying some were calling him a "perv", I do believe that Eileen did last episode (not sure though) but he could also be referring to viewers on SM, he was raked over the coals big time.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But we're talking about the reunion here - at which point they have seen all of the aired footage, so it is very relevant in terms of Erika calling out the double standard of PK complaining about being labeled a perv when he had no problem making implications about her character at the time of filming...

And PK wasn't talking about Erika Jayne when he made that comment. It was in direct relation to Erika having accidentally flashed him the night before. And if he was somehow making a connection between EJ and the flash, then he most definitely is implying something slutty about her - basically, "Well, she dresses provocatively onstage, so maybe she is going around intentionally flashing every man at a dinner party." Again, to me, the whole conversation was just gross.

I don't see a "perv" as being a response to questioning someone's character.  I do think PK was bewildered by Erika.  She pretty much told the Brits and Dorit she didn't like their humor and then turned around and said she wasn't wearing any underwear and was introverted.   Let's be clear, Eileen, who would take a look but wouldn't stare, RInna said one doesn't have time to worry about their puss flashing and PK said he enjoyed the scenery.  The most  guilty party was Dorit for overstating what her husband said about Erika.  With the, "he couldn't stop staring," comment. 

You think Erika is a slut for flashing I just don't see it that way.  Erika is not two different people.  I would think it would invite polite inquiry to ask of others if her party trick is to flash.  She gives zero fucks and is all about sex and fun.

When one has to make up what the person is asking or determine what they are implying it says more about the accuser than the speaker.  There are a fair number of people who think it is gross to go sans undies, talk about it and flash.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

We have now all seen the "aired footage" as well and nowhere in it did anyone call Erika a whore or a slut, nowhere. As for PK saying some were calling him a "perv", I do believe that Eileen did last episode (not sure though) but he could also be referring to viewers on SM, he was raked over the coals big time.

I already acknowledged that PK never used the word whore, but he did make statements that, IMO, implied some slut shaming.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

But throwing passive-aggressive digs even after saying you are fine and want to move on or asking for someone's eye lashes just to fuck with them is holding a grudge. Holding a grudge is also a normal, human reaction.

Lisa tries to deal with hurt by laughing/having fun. Had she really wanted to make Rinna pay for last season, she would have shut her out every chance she got and she did not do that.

2 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

So then it's perfectly reasonable for PK to surmise that she was intentionally flashing her "bits" at him and any other man who crosses her path at cocktail parties. Again, if PK is making this leap that because Erika has no problem with provocative clothes or nudity in her professional context, then perhaps her "bits" are intentionally available for all men to see at all times, then that is implying sluttiness! Models are naked all the time - that doesn't mean that their "bits" are "available" for all to see at all times in their private lives.

A major issue with Erika is that she blurs her 2 personalities all the time. One never knows who she is at any given time, Erika G or Erika J and PK did not say her bits were available beyond seeing them. She has no problem displaying them on camera for all to see but then takes offense when she accidentally exposes herself and someone notices and comments about it/her. Pick a lane!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

You think Erika is a slut for flashing I just don't see it that way.  Erika is not two different people.  I would think it would invite polite inquiry to ask of others if her party trick is to flash.  She gives zero fucks and is all about sex and fun.

When one has to make up what the person is asking or determine what they are implying it says more about the accuser than the speaker.  There are a fair number of people who think it is gross to go sans undies, talk about it and flash.

I don't think Erika is a slut, I never use that term for anyone. And, again, I have trouble with this notion that Erika "announced" that she wasn't wearing panties. It makes it sound like it came out of nowhere and Erika was just this good time girl who decided to declare that she was going commando. LVP was specifically asking about her panties and putting her hand up Erika's skirt (confirmed by both Erika and Dorit). Erika was rolling along with it. I imagine if Erika had brushed it off, she would be accused of being cold and having no humor. At the end of the day, there's a reason why many, many viewers found PK's tone and intention suspect. Not all will agree.

• Love 6

Lisa tries to deal with hurt by laughing/having fun. Had she really wanted to make Rinna pay for last season, she would have shut her out every chance she got and she did not do that.

There are different ways of making someone pay. Sometimes you deal with the hurt by laughing at the person who hurt you and having fun at their expense.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I already acknowledged that PK never used the word whore, but he did make statements that, IMO, implied some slut shaming.

How did he "imply" slut shaming because Erika has already exposed her bits on camera, willingly/happily, before for all to see!

1 minute ago, AndySmith said:

There are different ways of making someone pay. Sometimes you deal with the hurt by laughing at the person who hurt you and having fun at their expense.

Or, you try to get the person to laugh along with you! Rinna wasn't reduced to tears, she didn't cringe, she didn't get angry/upset........she laughed along side Lisa.

• Love 4
Just now, WireWrap said:

How did he "imply" slut shaming because Erika has already exposed her bits on camera, willingly/happily, before for all to see!

Because, if he is referring to her work-related nudity (and that's a big if), then he is making the implication that because she engages in work-related nudity, that she might be running around in her personal life intentionally flashing people in intimate gatherings. To me, there is a clear implication there, "Oh, she's that type of girl." Look, at the end of the day, it's not a statement I would make about someone ever. I would never make some sweeping statement, "Maybe they're bits are available to everyone!" I don't care if someone was in Playboy or Penthouse, I'd never surmise they want their privates to be seen by every single person in every single situation. There is a distinct shaming quality to it. If you don't see it that way, so be it.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

wasn't Eileen the one who implied, or flat out asked, if it was intentional when she was mocking Erika? I can't remember exactly what she said except for "snatch-chat"

Yes, Eileen did!

8 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Because, if he is referring to her work-related nudity (and that's a big if), then he is making the implication that because she engages in work-related nudity, that she might be running around in her personal life intentionally flashing people in intimate gatherings. To me, there is a clear implication there, "Oh, she's that type of girl." Look, at the end of the day, it's not a statement I would make about someone ever. I would never make some sweeping statement, "Maybe they're bits are available to everyone!" I don't care if someone was in Playboy or Penthouse, I'd never surmise they want their privates to be seen by every single person in every single situation. There is a distinct shaming quality to it. If you don't see it that way, so be it.

All we know is that he referenced her showing her "bits" to the world, something we all know she did last season. He never said that anyone should judge her in anyway, slut/whore/virgin/innocent/actress/diva/whatever, he pointed out that she has exposed herself before. Oh, and he never said that she exposed herself to entice him or anyone else or that she did it on purpose before the white party.

ETA, IMO, he was saying that he doesn't get why this became a big deal because she has exposed herself to the world before on the show.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CatMomma said:

So, LR tried to blame LVP for the clusterfuck that was Muncausengatewhateverthefuck, then LVP holds a grudge?  I dunno, I think she was pretty damned kind to her, considering. 

Someone you think is a friend who then screams in your face at the reunion? Not a grudge. Simply not liking someone.

Grudge: a persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury.

That describes Lisa Rinna, not LVP. Because, damn, Kim hasn't been part of the main cast for 2 years, and she can't let it go.

LVP the grudge holder would never be okay with Kyle, Kim, and apparently Eileen.

Just saying, LVP seems to have moved on. 

LVP holds a grudge. Most of the cast - even those that love her as Kyle does - have said she holds a grudge. We have seen her hold a grudge. She didn't invite Adrienne to her party the first episode of S3 - which was months after the S2 - reunion, because she said she still wasn't over what she had said about her selling stories. She went on to make passive aggressive digs at her for the entire season, right up to the final episode. She held that grudge tightly, even though she got a very nice and what looked to be sincere apology from Adrienne. She held a grudge against Kyle all of S3 and most of S4. Reminding us time and time again of Kyle's betrayal. She certainly still holds a grudge against Rinna, delighting in watching her squirm. I've never understood what the problem here is. Holding a grudge isn't the most horrific character trait in the world. Many people struggle with this. The problem with LVP is that she works so hard to deny it with all of the "I am way too busy to worry about that kind of stuff". Just admit that it's hard to let things go and move the fuck on. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I believe you would never go down the path the show has taken us.  I don't think anyone has said if you appear in Playboy or Penthouse they want their privates to be seen by every person in every single situation.  Nor has PK ever said that or anything close.

WTF is work related nudity?  I'm sorry but it makes me laugh.  Erikas aren't two different people.  She gets naked on camera for money.  Money, money, money pat my puss, see my tits, see my ass, my kitty is a python, let me tell you how I am so fabulous and it's expensive to be me.

Well I guess it was just another day at work with Erika having work related nudity when she flashed her puss at PUMP.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe you would never go down the path the show has taken us.  I don't think anyone has said if you appear in Playboy or Penthouse they want their privates to be seen by every person in every single situation.  Nor has PK ever said that or anything close.

This whole go-round started because people were saying that PK's comment about "Maybe her bits are available to the entire world" was in response to the fact that Erika was naked during a costume change on camera last year. So, yes, if we are to follow that logic, then PK is saying that professional willingness to be naked means your bits are therefore available to everyone at a cocktail party. To be clear, I don't think PK was referring to Erika Jayne when he made that comment, I think he was just being a pig about someone who accidentally flashed him. But others have said he was perhaps referring to that, so I am just following that logic.

WTF is work related nudity?  I'm sorry but it makes me laugh.  Erikas aren't two different people.  She gets naked on camera for money.  Money, money, money pat my puss, see my tits, see my ass, my kitty is a python, let me tell you how I am so fabulous and it's expensive to be me.

Well I guess it was just another day at work with Erika having work related nudity when she flashed her puss at PUMP.

Work related nudity means being naked in a  professional context. For a film role. A magazine shoot. Being on a reality show during a costume fitting. My whole point is that just because Erika was naked one time last season does not mean her bits are available to every man at Pump. It doesn't mean PK has no accountability in guffawing that her bits are available to every man that crosses her path. I don't know how to be any clearer. If Kate Winslet accidentally flashes someone at a dinner party, does it mean her bits are available for everyone to see because she has been naked on film before? Is she not allowed to be offended if someone makes that implication at her expense?

Anyhow, I don't think we're ever going to see eye to eye on this, so I'm not going to comment on it anymore.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

This whole go-round started because people were saying that PK's comment about "Maybe her bits are available to the entire world" was in response to the fact that Erika was naked during a costume change on camera last year. So, yes, if we are to follow that logic, then PK is saying that professional willingness to be naked means your bits are therefore available to everyone at a cocktail party. To be clear, I don't think PK was referring to Erika Jayne when he made that comment, I think he was just being a pig about someone who accidentally flashed him. But others have said he was perhaps referring to that, so I am just following that logic.

Work related nudity means being naked in a  professional context. For a film role. A magazine shoot. Being on a reality show during a costume fitting. My whole point is that just because Erika was naked one time last season does not mean her bits are available to every man at Pump. It doesn't mean PK has no accountability in guffawing that her bits are available to every man that crosses her path. I don't know how to be any clearer. If Kate Winslet accidentally flashes someone at a dinner party, does it mean her bits are available for everyone to see because she has been naked on film before? Is she not allowed to be offended if someone makes that implication at her expense?

Anyhow, I don't think we're ever going to see eye to eye on this, so I'm not going to comment on it anymore.

And absolutely no one has said that.  Bits be available is as simple has once filmed it is available for everyone to see in the medium they were recorded. I get where you are trying to go, but I think it has more to do with taking a gander in print or film not that there is a turnstile for anyone to see.  PK, Kyle and Dorit weren't just anyone-they were invited guest seated across from Erika. 

Anyone can be offended but the viewer doesn't owe the flasher an apology.  Wear underwear and if you aren't don't draw attention to the situation by telling people you aren't. 

I have difficulty when someone keeps moving the goal post.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

And absolutely no one has said that.  Bits be available is as simple has once filmed it is available for everyone to see in the medium they were recorded. I get where you are trying to go, but I think it has more to do with taking a gander in print or film not that there is a turnstile for anyone to see.  PK, Kyle and Dorit weren't just anyone-they were invited guest seated across from Erika. 

Anyone can be offended but the viewer doesn't owe the flasher an apology.  Wear underwear and if you aren't don't draw attention to the situation by telling people you aren't. 

I have difficulty when someone keeps moving the goal post.

No one has said what? That the fact that Erika does certain things during a performance or on camera in a scene means that it is strange that she would be offended by someone leering at her puss? It has been said over and over again. Tons of times. LVP basically said the same thing in her blog. That she didn't understand Erika's problem over "knickergate" since she shows so much of herself in other times. That is absolutely the narrative by many, many people. I will be shocked if that charge isn't leveled at Erika at the reunion. 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

No one has said what? That the fact that Erika does certain things during a performance or on camera in a scene means that it is strange that she would be offended by someone leering at her puss? It has been said over and over again. Tons of times. LVP basically said the same thing in her blog. That she didn't understand Erika's problem over "knickergate" since she shows so much of herself in other times. That is absolutely the narrative by many, many people. I will be shocked if that charge isn't leveled at Erika at the reunion. 

But no one, including PK, "leered" at her "bits". Did he look, Yes, but he then looked away. When I read some of these posts calling him a perv and other names, I keep getting the picture of him drooling and all but crawling up her dress when in reality, he looked after she revealed she wasn't wearing any panties and looked away, nothing more. LOL

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

wasn't Eileen the one who implied, or flat out asked, if it was intentional when she was mocking Erika? I can't remember exactly what she said except for "snatch-chat"

Why yes,but that's fine. For reasons.

4 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

This "available" talk. Available for what? viewing? purchase? A costume change is work related nudity. Allowing the cameras to be in the room with her to the point they have to blur her vagina aint quite it. Even Rinna's desperate ass managed to get a brazilian on camera without needing to be blurred out.

• Love 4

Actually, PK did say he couldn't look away  -   “It was gross. I was embarrassed for her. I wasn’t turned on at all.” But at the same time, he’s all, “I’m a man, of course I looked. And I enjoyed the view. Then I couldn’t look away.”

• Love 6
18 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Just because LVP isn't constantly plotting someone's downfall, that doesn't mean she doesn't hold grudges occasionally. She definitely held one against Rinna this year.

Don't blame her. I am holding grudges against Rinna as well.  She deserves grudges.

On 4/3/2017 at 6:25 AM, AndySmith said:

But the point is KYLE believing it in. It isn't for us to decide what Kyle should or should not believe in. She seemed to get comfort from that, and maybe even some closure. Good for her if she did. It obliviously meant something to Kyle, and given how she displayed emotions about it when she usually tries to be very guarded about her family, it clearly had an effect on her, and for whatever reason, she chose to share that moment with Ericka.

I guess mileage varies. They have a complicated relationship for sure, but to me it does seem Ericka loves her mother, which was also on display with her surprise appearance at her birthday party.

Maybe Mama just wanted to be on the TeeVee.

16 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I disagree. If I show my privates in Playboy or Penthouse, I can hardly expect that every single person in every single situation will not have seen my privates . They are out there for everyone. No longer private. Now very much public.

Only difference....getting paid tor showing.

No shaming, just facts.

• Love 11

Or, you try to get the person to laugh along with you! Rinna wasn't reduced to tears, she didn't cringe, she didn't get angry/upset........she laughed along side Lisa.

That's because Rinna has no pride. She'll desperately do whatever she can to get back into LVP's good graces, even if that means she'll just keep taking whatever LVP throws at her in the hope that she'll be forgiven.

I've never understood what the problem here is. Holding a grudge isn't the most horrific character trait in the world. Many people struggle with this

I don't either. Pointing out LVP holds a grudge just means that...she hold a grudge. People make it sound like it's on the same level as being accused of skinning alive blind kittens with cancer.

Don't blame her. I am holding grudges against Rinna as well.  She deserves grudges.

I never said I was or wasn't blaming her. Just that she is holding a grudge.

Don't get me wrong, on some level, I am kind of enjoying seeing how long Rinna will tap dance to LVP's tune, and how far Rinna will go to appease LVP.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Actually, PK did say he couldn't look away  -   “It was gross. I was embarrassed for her. I wasn’t turned on at all.” But at the same time, he’s all, “I’m a man, of course I looked. And I enjoyed the view. Then I couldn’t look away.”

Thanks for posting what PK said. Why does this always get missed?  I have also quoted before the part where he said "Then I couldn't look away". Yet even still, it gets repeated time and time again that he looked once, when he said differently. There was a clip posted here earlier in the thread of PK, Dorit and Rinna all doing interviews about the season while preparing for the reunion. There were about 3 clips from PK. In one of the clips, he says that he only looked once. I hope that they show the clip of him saying the exact opposite at the reunion. 

IMO, this is a great example of just flat out Erika hate. Is there any world where a person who watched the clip of Erika and PK dissecting pantygate wouldn't have been offended by the discussion? Any person on this show? Anyone who wouldn't have minded folks saying that maybe her bits were just available to any person to leer at any time? That a "lady" would close her legs and know better? We can wordsmith the "whore" label all day long, but does anyone think that they were saying something nice about her, or giving her a compliment? No, they were saying that she is "that kind of a girl". The loose kind of girl. The kind of girl who "does that". Any person would be mad about this. Any you know what, most spouses would be upset about it as well. I am trying to imagine what Ken's reaction would have been had he heard two people talking about LVP like that on camera. He would be enraged and call them all the names he has in his head for the times any person says anything bad about LVP. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Thanks for posting what PK said. Why does this always get missed?  I have also quoted before the part where he said "Then I couldn't look away". Yet even still, it gets repeated time and time again that he looked once, when he said differently. There was a clip posted here earlier in the thread of PK, Dorit and Rinna all doing interviews about the season while preparing for the reunion. There were about 3 clips from PK. In one of the clips, he says that he only looked once. I hope that they show the clip of him saying the exact opposite at the reunion. 

IMO, this is a great example of just flat out Erika hate. Is there any world where a person who watched the clip of Erika and PK dissecting pantygate wouldn't have been offended by the discussion? Any person on this show? Anyone who wouldn't have minded folks saying that maybe her bits were just available to any person to leer at any time? That a "lady" would close her legs and know better? We can wordsmith the "whore" label all day long, but does anyone think that they were saying something nice about her, or giving her a compliment? No, they were saying that she is "that kind of a girl". The loose kind of girl. The kind of girl who "does that". Any person would be mad about this. Any you know what, most spouses would be upset about it as well. I am trying to imagine what Ken's reaction would have been had he heard two people talking about LVP like that on camera. He would be enraged and call them all the names he has in his head for the times any person says anything bad about LVP. 

It is kind of hard to have a discussion on the subject when the film with the exception of a very short moment shows a napkin on Erika's lap-and the napkin didn't move to create a view when LVP put her hand under the napkin.  I am almost guessing the film clip they show won't be the one where Erika is exposed just to screw with the viewers. (see clip below it has the unearthed Erika crotch.)

It isn't about Erika hate is about PK hate.  Erika has said people who are offended by her are a waste of time.  I would think that attitude could apply across the board.  BTW it is pearls of wisdom such as those that lead others down the road of Erika's many contradictions.  How are people suppose to act towards her when she claims the easily offended are essentially people she doesn't have time for.

Will Erika feel better if PK and Dorit throw themselves on their knees and beg for forgiveness - no because she is incapable of forgiving or apparently remembering an apology.  Will Erika feel better if PK said, "after giving it some thought  I do think you are kind of a rancid old whore."? Erika just agreed with the description of her and her act as "raunchy" something Rinna has said about her in the past.  What Erika wanted from PK and Dorit was respect and she just didn't earn it from either of them.  Funny how that works when you set impossibly high standards and demand people earn your friendship and respect.  Erika wants to malign and reject people because it makes her feel superior.  BTW I have said Dorit was wrong in her words and panty presentation.  I just don't get why after the two of them resolved things, why Erika's so called friends kept bringing it up. 

Ken's reaction to Erika and her announcing she was going commando made the Bravo pages- http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/blogs/we-cant-stop-watching-ken-todds-reaction-to  I would say his reaction was more on the disgusted side.  All that happens when Ken sinks to the name calling level is others call him out for name calling.  Like "wanker" Rinna.  We will never know what Tom would have done because Erika had not told him of the incident as of three weeks ago. 

I think a lot of people could benefit from the term "throw away comment" if PK and Dorit aren't putting much stock in their poor attempts at humor, why should anyone else?

• Love 7

no because she is incapable of forgiving or apparently remembering an apology

She apologized to Eileen.

Funny how that works when you set impossibly high standards and demand people earn your friendship and respect.  Erika wants to malign and reject people because it makes her feel superior

Funny how she became friends with Eileen, Kyle, and Rinna, without demanding anything from them. Those relationships seemed to happen naturally and organically.  Maybe the problem isn't with Ericka, in this case.

• Love 7

I think Erika's real issue with pantygate was less about the flashing (she's not shy -- remember her on camera, but off stage nudie shot?), it was more about being made fun of and talked about in a less than reverent way.  She was embarrassed, yes, but mostly because she was the butt of the joke, not because she flashed a little.  

Personally, I didn't like the panty gift and the post flash discussion.  But there's kind of a surreal aspect to this whole thing because Erika has some responsibility in her own embarrassment, which she has never acknowledged, publicly anyway.  She has morphed herself into a complete victim in this scenario, when she created in it by wearing what she did, sitting how she did and saying what she did. There could be no humiliation if she'd chosen differently. I feel like that fact is lost in Erika's mind.  It's 1+1=3.  No crime was committed, no sluts were shamed, it was just a bunch of dumbass choices all around. 

She didn't like being humiliated, but she was okay with Dorit being humiliated? She was happy about it? Come on.  If you're going to take up the cause of "what's right" then the first rule of that is it must apply to everyone, not just you. Also looking at you here, Rinna and Eileen.

Really, it's a lot like getting drunk at a party and making an ass of yourself. Rightly or wrongly, people will laugh about it. Most party drunks just regret their actions, but would Erika in that scenario? I think it'd be a similar reaction -- it'd be everyone else's fault for saying anything.  She has a victim mentality, but with an aggressive, killer instinct twist.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

She apologized to Eileen.

Funny how she became friends with Eileen, Kyle, and Rinna, without demanding anything from them. Those relationships seemed to happen naturally and organically.  Maybe the problem isn't with Ericka, in this case.

Incapable of forgiving or remembering an apology has nothing to do with her apologizing for probably the most irrational egregious behavior this season.  IN one situation she is on the receiving end and the other she is issuing it and in this case after several days had gone by. 

Eileen bought her way in with Erika with a role on her show, last season she was screaming in Rinna's face so Rinna is up her ass this season because she sees which way the wind blows, and Kyle is her "showgirl" friend.  Erika and relationships are about  as organic as heavily processed food. 

• Love 6

Sorry, PK and Dorit's "humor" is not funny, it's calculated.  (imo)

I wasn't sure what I thought about Erika at the beginning....I  do like that she calls BS when she sees it (including her friend Rinna) She gets big points for the "Rinna if you said "it" you have got to own it". 

On a side note - I don't think Erika realized how short the dress was until she sat. Notice the length of the dress when she left the restaurant? Just above the knee. 

Ken's reaction in the clip above - exact same reaction I have every time PK is on my telly.  Maybe Ken was reacting to PK's skeevy leer and not Erika sans panties. That skeevy leer and Mini Me finger tapping was stomach churning. 

• Love 5

Erika at the Daily Mail -her hemline is at her fingertips, which of course are above the knee and the dress is cut all the way up to the top of her right thigh.  It is not really a form fitting dress and instead of worrying about pantylines she should have a chat with the designer and the creases in the dress from sitting. I don't get how people can wear a bra and then worry about panty lines.

36A7BFB000000578-3713335-image-a-41_1469

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika at the Daily Mail -her hemline is at her fingertips, which of course are above the knee and the dress is cut all the way up to the top of her right thigh.  It is not really a form fitting dress and instead of worrying about pantylines she should have a chat with the designer and the creases in the dress from sitting. I don't get how people can wear a bra and then worry about panty lines.

lol, now she crosses her legs! :)

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It isn't "form fitting" so that excuse for not wearing panties goes out the window. I think she didn't/couldn't wear undies because they would have been visible when she sat because of the high side slit. LOL

• Love 4
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It is kind of hard to have a discussion on the subject when the film with the exception of a very short moment shows a napkin on Erika's lap-and the napkin didn't move to create a view when LVP put her hand under the napkin.  I am almost guessing the film clip they show won't be the one where Erika is exposed just to screw with the viewers. (see clip below it has the unearthed Erika crotch.)

Will Erika feel better if PK and Dorit throw themselves on their knees and beg for forgiveness - no because she is incapable of forgiving or apparently remembering an apology.  Will Erika feel better if PK said, "after giving it some thought  I do think you are kind of a rancid old whore."? Erika just agreed with the description of her and her act as "raunchy" something Rinna has said about her in the past.  What Erika wanted from PK and Dorit was respect and she just didn't earn it from either of them.  Funny how that works when you set impossibly high standards and demand people earn your friendship and respect.  

I think a lot of people could benefit from the term "throw away comment" if PK and Dorit aren't putting much stock in their poor attempts at humor, why should anyone else?

The scene I am referring to is the one in the kitchen the next day where PK says he couldn't look away. That should be pretty easy to unearth. Since he has said in interviews since that he only looked once, I'd love to hear him offer his explanation.

If expecting folks to not talk about my wardrobe malfunction the next morning and imply that I did it on purpose, and then go about implying it with other people after that, then I also set impossibly high standards for friendship. I would assume most people would feel the same way. 

The fact that PK and Dorit don't put much stock in what they say about other people doesn't mean that the recipients of their "humor" don't get to feel however they want about it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Incapable of forgiving or remembering an apology has nothing to do with her apologizing for probably the most irrational egregious behavior this season.  IN one situation she is on the receiving end and the other she is issuing it and in this case after several days had gone by. 

Forgiving and giving an apology sometimes go hand in hand.

Also, some people do wait a few days before apologizing to each other after a fight. It has happened a few times throughout history, I'm guessing, and is a normal human reaction. Some people just need a little bit of time to gain some perspective.

Eileen bought her way in with Erika with a role on her show, last season she was screaming in Rinna's face so Rinna is up her ass this season because she sees which way the wind blows, and Kyle is her "showgirl" friend. 

Well, that's how some people might see it. Many others see it differently. And with regards to Rinna...this whole franchise is full of women's friendships changing and evolving. Loots at LVP and Kyle and all the ups and downs they have had. Rinna and Ericka could have become friends just as much as any of the other women who didn't like each other at some point. Kyle regards her as a true friend, so I'll probably take her word on the subject. And as for Elieen...it is possible, just possible, that the two of them became better friends and bonded as the season went on.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jel said:

I think Erika's real issue with pantygate was less about the flashing (she's not shy -- remember her on camera, but off stage nudie shot?), it was more about being made fun of and talked about in a less than reverent way.  She was embarrassed, yes, but mostly because she was the butt of the joke, not because she flashed a little.  

Personally, I didn't like the panty gift and the post flash discussion.  But there's kind of a surreal aspect to this whole thing because Erika has some responsibility in her own embarrassment, which she has never acknowledged, publicly anyway.  She has morphed herself into a complete victim in this scenario, when she created in it by wearing what she did, sitting how she did and saying what she did. There could be no humiliation if she'd chosen differently. I feel like that fact is lost in Erika's mind.  It's 1+1=3.  No crime was committed, no sluts were shamed, it was just a bunch of dumbass choices all around. 

She didn't like being humiliated, but she was okay with Dorit being humiliated? She was happy about it? Come on.  If you're going to take up the cause of "what's right" then the first rule of that is it must apply to everyone, not just you. Also looking at you here, Rinna and Eileen.

Really, it's a lot like getting drunk at a party and making an ass of yourself. Rightly or wrongly, people will laugh about it. Most party drunks just regret their actions, but would Erika in that scenario? I think it'd be a similar reaction -- it'd be everyone else's fault for saying anything.  She has a victim mentality, but with an aggressive, killer instinct twist.  

I do think she was embarrassed, but I think it became more about the notion that she did it on purpose. I think the clip below really summarizes the whole deal. Also, something I think I had forgotten was that Dorit told Erika that PK said "he couldn't stop staring". Interesting that the descriptor from the episode from Bravo says "Dorit questions whether Erika's wardrobe malfunction was intentional". I think this is at the heart of it. The defense for Dorit has often been that she wasn't really questioning Erika's intent and IMO she most certainly was, which is the kind of thing that would piss most people off. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/episode-4/videos/now-erikas-pissed

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I do think she was embarrassed, but I think it became more about the notion that she did it on purpose. I think the clip below really summarizes the whole deal. Also, something I think I had forgotten was that Dorit told Erika that PK said "he couldn't stop staring". Interesting that the descriptor from the episode from Bravo says "Dorit questions whether Erika's wardrobe malfunction was intentional". I think this is at the heart of it. The defense for Dorit has often been that she wasn't really questioning Erika's intent and IMO she most certainly was, which is the kind of thing that would piss most people off. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/episode-4/videos/now-erikas-pissed

Hmm, that description is interesting. Was it directly from Dorit, or was the assumption that it may have been intentional from the Bravo staffer who wrote that description?  It would be funny if someone else's interpretation was the real source of the drama.

I agree with you that Dorit was, at least at some level, irked by Erika doing that.  Her "you cross your legs!" remarks, several times, tells me as much.  I don't know if she thought Erika did it intentionally, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if she did.  Maybe in Dorit's mind she thought she went easy on Erika because she could have been much more upfront and much more embarrassing to Erika about it, and Erika should be grateful for Dorit's kid gloved approach instead of what she was really thinking. Just a guess. 

But having said that, so what if she and PK really did think she did it intentionally? Can't they have an opinion; and can't Dorit just have the opinion that it was a crummy thing to do? 

• Love 4

I'm thinking Pk off camera riled Dorit up about panty-gate (more camera time).  Dorit seems to me to be very jealous of Erika and very insecure. I mean look at that thing she married.   Sad to see her at times almost beg for PK's  approval.

PK makes my skin crawl. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

Forgiving and giving an apology sometimes go hand in hand.

Forgiving and apologizing are like pitching and catching. Forgiving is the act of accepting an apology.  An apology is the regretful acknowledgement of one's offense.  They don't go hand in hand nor are the same act or interchangeable. You can give an apology and it not be accepted.  Another can forgive without being tendered an apology.  The comment was about Erika unable to forgive, she said as much, and it was what kick started the fight with Eileen in Hong Kong.  Erika would not accept Dorit's apology.  She wanted more and more and finally Eileen asked what it would take.  Erika forgetting and then saying the apology wasn't sincere it just hogwash.  Erika could not accept an apology. Whatever accord they reached that night is meaningless because it will be dissected at the Reunion. (Neither Erika or Dorit's fault nature of the beast.)

22 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I'm thinking Pk off camera riled Dorit up about panty-gate (more camera time).  Dorit seems to me to be very jealous of Erika and very insecure. I mean look at that thing she married.   Sad to see her at times almost beg for PK's  approval.

PK makes my skin crawl. 

Dorit did ask PK specifically if it turned him on and he said, "no."  Perhaps Dorit is one of those women who just doesn't like her husband going to strip clubs, watching porn, or the like.  Dorit seemed to go along with Rinna's table dance which was pretty much in PK's face.   I don't know if it makes her jealous of Erika or insecure but it obviously made her uncomfortable.  Kyle has similar territorial reactions when women get overly familiar with her husband.  Erika from her party video seemed to be disappoint or at least pointed out that PK pretty much ignored her.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

PK makes my skin crawl. 

You may not like PK, but I don't think we've seen any indication that Dorit doesn't want to be married to PK or is jealous of Erika. Based on last season and things she's said this season, I would have said that Erika is the one who feels insecure in her marriage. The way Tom shut Erika down last season suggested that he doesn't really respect her. Erika's insistence that PK apologize to Tom and not her gave a very unsettling whiff a very retrograde quasi-chattel marriage view of the Girardi relationship.

Just based on how I've seen them interact with their wives, PK seems like the superior husband because he seems to love and respect his wife. The way Tom shushed and shut Erika down last season suggested how imbalanced their relationship might be. Hell, I think Rinna is toxic and looney tunes, but clearly Harry has agreed to never undermine her in public. I don't know that I would have guessed that Paul and Adrienne's marriage was collapsing until it did. I'm still shocked that David stayed with Yolanda as long as he did. He has a history of running from his wives. We see so little of their lives to begin with and even less of their marriages. There is probably 20 or 30 minutes total of PK and Dorit footage for the entire season. It's hard to draw grand pronouncements based on that. I suspect there is even less footage of Erika and Tom over 2 seasons, but about 50% was pretty bad.

• Love 11
(edited)

The problem is not that Ericka was pantyless, the problem is what people are making of it !!!!

And yes, she was right to be offended of the gift and the discussions which followed, because... she's been proven right !!! Quite everyboy here discuss about it, find that, as you showed your body nude once, you can't complain about what happened, and : "nobody called her a whore !" (yes, but "everybody" was implying it !) etc...

It's not about the nudity, it's not about the "flashing accident", it's about what PEOPLE are making of it ! it's like... OK, I'm just in front of you, I move my hand and touch your crotch accidentally ! It doesn't mean/imply anything else than I touched your crotch by accident ! No, I wasn't looking for anything, etc...

#hatingTheMoralPolice

Edited by Diane Mars
typo
  • Love 10

Lets face it here Erika could donate an organ and there would be a problem with that! Dorit is still full of shit no matter how you slice and dice it.?

IMO of course!

• Love 6
(edited)

"For crying out loud!" (in Dorit faux accent) Pk and respect - .LOL!!!!! PK announcing in front of everyone how he likes the back side view of Dorit.  I cringed seeing Dorit thrilled at his approval. He is sickening. He acts like a horny teenage boy. He needs to grow the f up! ) He has not one endearing quality. (imo)

Not saying Tom was right shutting Erika down but there is something very likable about him. I wish we would see him more at the group events. Unfortunately for us the viewers, he not only has smarts but seems he has common sense too. A very rare combo. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

The problem is not that Ericka was pantyless, the problem is what people are making of it !!!!

And yes, she was right to be offended of the gift and the discussions which followed, because... she's been proven right !!! Quite everyboy here discuss about it, find that, as you showed your body nude once, you can't complain about what happened, and : "nobody called her a whore !" (yes, but "everybody" was implying it !) etc...

It's not about the nudity, it's not about the "flashing accident", it's about what PEOPLE are making of it ! it's like... OK, I'm just in front of you, I move my hand and touch your crotch accidentally ! It doesn't mean/imply anything else than I touched your crotch by accident ! No, I wasn't looking for anything, etc...

#hatingTheMoralPolice

Erika breached a social grace by exposing herself and complicated it by confirming she wasn't wearing underwear.  Regardless of Erika intent it will always be an etiquette breach to expose ones privates in public.  Dorit certainly didn't handle the breach correctly.  From the obnoxious thrice referencing of about crossing legs in a short skirt, to the rather public presentation of the panties.

As far as assumptions and assigning intent to another there is plenty from both sides.  From Erika's blog:

"Watching Dorit and PK talk about my "hoo-ha" like they were devastated is strange to me."  What, suddenly you're conservative now?  PK represents ne of the most forward thinking, gender bending artist in music and Dorit herself says, "These things happen."

So why is this such a topic of shock for them?  On one hand you're offended, and on the other hand you understand, "these things happen"?

Erika has shown her body in a variety of videos and been pretty open about being naked in front of her crew and the Bravo crew on camera.   Because people on here have mentioned, me included, she has been buck naked in front of the crew, perhaps it was not so out of line to inquire if Erika has done this before.  Maybe it is stereotyping just as deciding after three meetings and the knowledge of PK representing Boy George "suddenly conservative now?  PK represents one of the most forward thinking gender bending artist,. . . " I would say Erika is doing exactly the same thing by pigeonholing Dorit and PK into a certain stereotype because of his job and his talent's sexual preferences.   Since Erika did not know PK and Dorit before she is doing exactly what PK and Dorit have been accused of-judging and condemning based on their vocation. 

Maybe it is time for the cast to sit back, take a deep breathe and stop working overtime on basing their opinions on "implications" or "Everyone was implying it".  I can understand that Erika is embarrassed because her actions made her the brunt of a joke (not without assistance from the other castmates-who grossly underestimated her potential for hurt) regardless of how many times she has strutted around naked and I can also understand how a husband and wife might be taken back by being exposed to another women's bare crotch regardless of who the husband represents in the music business and Erika's assertionthat talent is gender bending.

I guess it is pretty safe to say one shouldn't assume Erika would be okay with being teased about her faux paus because of her career choice and PK and Dorit should not be forced to find it acceptable because PK represents a gay musician who wears make up and has androgynous tendencies. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Yolo said:

Lets face it here Erika could donate an organ and there would be a problem with that! Dorit is still full of shit no matter how you slice and dice it.?

IMO of course!

Of course!

ie; Erika - If you don't like my opinion "Get in fuc#@#! line" :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Hmm, that description is interesting. Was it directly from Dorit, or was the assumption that it may have been intentional from the Bravo staffer who wrote that description?  It would be funny if someone else's interpretation was the real source of the drama.

I agree with you that Dorit was, at least at some level, irked by Erika doing that.  Her "you cross your legs!" remarks, several times, tells me as much.  I don't know if she thought Erika did it intentionally, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if she did.  Maybe in Dorit's mind she thought she went easy on Erika because she could have been much more upfront and much more embarrassing to Erika about it, and Erika should be grateful for Dorit's kid gloved approach instead of what she was really thinking. Just a guess. 

But having said that, so what if she and PK really did think she did it intentionally? Can't they have an opinion; and can't Dorit just have the opinion that it was a crummy thing to do? 

I completely agree that Dorit and PK can have that opinion. Just like Erika can have the opinion that it is insulting for them to think such a thing. If they believe Erika did it intentionally, they should just come out and say it. Say, "hey Erika, we believe that your marrried ass intentionally sat across from a married PK and spread your legs open so that he could see your pretty puss". I don't think they will say that, because of course that would justify Erika's anger and they don't want to do that. They would rather make the implication, and then deny they made the implication to make it seem like Erika is just being a cry baby and being a victim. That is really what started this narrative in this thread. The idea by some that Erika doesn't have the right to be upset. That there is nothing to be upset about. My only point is that she does have the right to feel her feelings about this. PK and Dorit do as well, they just need to be honest about what it is they are saying and I don't think that they are. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I completely agree that Dorit and PK can have that opinion. Just like Erika can have the opinion that it is insulting for them to think such a thing. If they believe Erika did it intentionally, they should just come out and say it. Say, "hey Erika, we believe that your marrried ass intentionally sat across from a married PK and spread your legs open so that he could see your pretty puss". I don't think they will say that, because of course that would justify Erika's anger and they don't want to do that. They would rather make the implication, and then deny they made the implication to make it seem like Erika is just being a cry baby and being a victim. That is really what started this narrative in this thread. The idea by some that Erika doesn't have the right to be upset. That there is nothing to be upset about. My only point is that she does have the right to feel her feelings about this. PK and Dorit do as well, they just need to be honest about what it is they are saying and I don't think that they are. 

PERFECT!!!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We completely agree that Erika has a right to feel embarrassed--I know I would have been, so I can relate.   

I wish just once she would say, wow, what a dumb fashion choice I made.  Has she said that, and acknowledged her role in it, she'd have pretty much full sympathy from me at this point, and I'd be team Erika on this one. But her refusal to even acknowledge she had any part in it is something I just can't get past, so it really weakens the argument for me. (I am pretty big on personal responsibility though, and that is for sure coloring my pov on this.). My take:

Was Erika an asshole to go without underpants/sit legs uncrossed/say "I'm not wearing any"? No. 

Were PK and Dorit assholes for talking about it on camera/gifting underpants? Yes.

Was Erika an asshole for being embarrassed? No.

Was Erika an asshole for going in on Dorit like she did in HK and for not being honest with her about her feelings thereby denying Dorit the opportunity to know she'd hurt her, but instead discussing it with Rinna and Eileen and enjoying the Dorit attack session by Rinna? Yes.

Was Dorit an asshole for not apologizing to Erika sooner (because she didn't know Erika was hurt because Erika said she was fine)? No.

There were asshole and non-asshole moves all around.  Post Hong Kong, I see it as about 50/50. But Erika seems to see it as all on Dorit and PK, which, to me, is incorrect and unfair.  At best, they are guilty of a bad joke and careless conversation, at worst, of intentionally trying to humiliate Erika. I don't know what was their true intent, both pretty much suck if you ask me, but I also know that this situation was always Erika's to prevent. Her refusal to admit that means, to me, that she has adopted a victim stance, which I don't think is good. 

As always, MCM, an interesting and fun conversation :)

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

What else is reminiscent of making an unsubstantiated claim -oh that would be Rinna asking about the cocaine-as if she was asking if they didn't tip the wait staff. 

All Erika would have to say is, "no." 

I truly believe and since Erika said it, her anger and hurt stem from being the brunt of the joke.  Everyone was pretty much in on the spread and Erika was treated to hearing about it not only on camera, but in front of her castmates (Eileen and RInna) who had a sneak peek of the panty presentation.  I think her hurt is entirely reasonable and she doesn't have to be a victim.  The rest of this nonsense about what people think of her is just an unneeded rationalization about why she is deservedly hurt.  Having said that once you say you want to move on the offender has no way of knowing you are not done.  As a matter of fact she said it is over when she says so.  Tick tock Erika when will that happen.  It is that sense of  entitlement that makes her unlikeable to me..

• Love 5

I know some have argued that Erika has no right to be embarrassed because she writhes around nearly naked as Erika Jayne. That has never been my position with her and pantygate. My issue has always been that if you aren't over it, don't say that you are! If your friends, Eileen and Rinna, bring up how hurt you were by it, turn to them and say "I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I don't want to revisit the topic." If Vanderpump wants to make snide jokes about it say "I was really hurt and embarrassed by that. Please don't make anymore jokes." But sitting there swallowing all of this shit, secretly keeping track of how many times you were wronged, and exploding because Dorit couldn't figure out that your "I'm over it" actually means that you aren't is not fundamentally fair. 

• Love 10