Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Animal House

The family joins Tracey on an outing to the Humane Society.  Kim's baby fever hits a high when she meets the available puppies, yet Kroy strongly resists bringing a dog home.  Also: Brielle receives a teacup piglet as a birthday gift.

So, you can go to the Humane Society in Atlanta and just take home a puppy without a home check?  I think the puppy was already theirs and the visit was a reenactment.  Also, the pig is not an ornament.  Stop running after Kim and trying to scare her by pointing the pig at her!

Brielle's stupidity even stunned her sister tonight (I can never remember her name). 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

So, you can go to the Humane Society in Atlanta and just take home a puppy without a home check?  I think the puppy was already theirs and the visit was a reenactment.  Also, the pig is not an ornament.  Stop running after Kim and trying to scare her by pointing the pig at her!

Brielle's stupidity even stunned her sister tonight (I can never remember her name). 

Does the Humane Society now do home checks?  We never had them growing up in Portland and we adopted several animals over the years (one dog, five cats).

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Does the Humane Society now do home checks?  We never had them growing up in Portland and we adopted several animals over the years (one dog, five cats).

Granted that it's been awhile but the DC Humane Society and one I adopted from in MD. Did.  OT but my current dog came from a rescue whose home check was so extensive (emptying lower cabinets to see if there was anything dangerous in them) I will never adopt from them again. So, 3 out of 3 home checks for me.  2 by the Humane Society.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Seriously, what is Kroy going to do if he isn't picked up by another team?.  I know Kim doesn't live in the real world but he looked worried. 

Oh I am sure the billion in sales of Cashmere will keep them living high on the hog!  These people are completely delusional! 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Her name is Arianna. And every other word out of someone's mouth tends to confuse Brielle, so it's hard to keep up with the moments when people look at her in shock and awe. 

• Love 4

God help me but I love this show.  I clearly need an intervention of some type.  A Bravo intervention? 

OF COURSE Kim's new product line is Kashmere Kollection.  I hate the Kardashian like trend of spelling/misspelling everything with your initial.  Please stop.

Also, the picture of a naked Kim on her website's home page is not necessary.  And yes, I did go looking for the Kashmere Kollection.

I don't understand how Kroy stands being in that house or with these people.   Their arrogance, entitlement and stupidity astounds even a reality ho like me. 

However, I do believe that Brielle is the stupidest person on tv, hands down.  She had better hope she follows in her mother's footsteps and gets herself a sugar daddy or Don't Be Tardy runs for a while because I don't think girlfriend is skilled to do anything.  Unless she braided her own hair.  Then there is that.  But otherwise, I've got nothing. 

I do love Arianna's facial expressions when stupid shit (is there anything else?) comes out of Brielle's mouth.  Hopefully that fact alone will keep Arianna in school and educated.

• Love 6

One has to wonder if the black Lab Kroy had while living in Montana is still with us and why (if so) they didn't import him or her to live with them. Remember the groom's cake decorated to look like that dog?

I realize this may be too much to ask for Wig and her children.

• Love 2

There are no home checks for adopting animals from shelters in Georgia. You fill out a form, give them your money and you're good. Tracey is an animal advocate and regularly posts pets on Facebook that need a home. I have no idea why she is in with this bunch except for the money and exposure.

I live in Phoenix and neither the Humane Society or Animal Control bother doing homechecks. They don't care because if it doesn't work out, the adopter has to pay a surrender fee when returning the animal.

At least Kroy and Kim realized their household was too chaotic for the two small dogs and rehomed them. 

What they did at that shelter wasn't volunteering. They played with puppies. Any potential adopter can do that. Tracy didn't need to use any 'pull' to get them to be able to volunteer without going through the orientation. And I realize their scenes at the facility were edited and didn't show the whole visit - but I doubt it was for long anyway.

I don't think Brielle is playing dumb for the cameras. I believe she really is that ignorant. Her only hope is to follow in her mom's footsteps and be a professional girlfriend of a married rich man. 

To be fair to Brielle, she has watched her entire life as to how Kim has made this work for her.  Brielle doesn't realize yet, because Kim doesn't realize it yet, that marrying a professional athlete presents a shorter lifespan of income flow.

Kim is about to have a rude awakening when the money stops flowing in and she becomes the major breadwinner through Bravo.   But Brielle still has a chance of making it work for her.  The bad news is, she may well have to take her mother and siblings in and support them.

• Love 2
On 10/3/2016 at 3:50 PM, Feline Goddess said:

What they did at that shelter wasn't volunteering. They played with puppies. Any potential adopter can do that. Tracy didn't need to use any 'pull' to get them to be able to volunteer without going through the orientation. And I realize their scenes at the facility were edited and didn't show the whole visit - but I doubt it was for long anyway.

It actually is kinda considered volunteering.  Yes theres was for show and they didn't have to go through all the steps.  But our large animal shelter (very large, very successful) has a ton of volunteers, a lot of which are kids with their parents. The adults help if they can when it's busy (they just try to find an actual staff that knows what they're doing) but for the most part it's generally they just come in and hang out with animals.  The kids who can't help with adoptions are also called volunteers.

Yes, my boys (6 and 8) just recently asked about how they could volunteer at our local shelter. I've been in touch with a gal and it does require 3 separate training sessions (1 hour each), but mostly it's just playing with the animals and walking them. 

6 hours ago, gunderda said:

It actually is kinda considered volunteering.  Yes theres was for show and they didn't have to go through all the steps.  But our large animal shelter (very large, very successful) has a ton of volunteers, a lot of which are kids with their parents. The adults help if they can when it's busy (they just try to find an actual staff that knows what they're doing) but for the most part it's generally they just come in and hang out with animals.  The kids who can't help with adoptions are also called volunteers.

There are some shelters who let kids just play with the animals but Tracy promoted their visit as if they were actually volunteering instead of it being a photo op. As someone who's in rescue and has a lot of friends who volunteer at the local Animal Control, it annoys me when anyone plays with an animal for five minutes and thinks they're doing the shelter a big favor.   

• Love 1

And Kim claims she's going to be sure the pig gets a good home, has room to run around, gets fed well and has a long happy life (or words similar to that).

I don't believe for one second that Kim gives a shit about what happens to that little pig...or any other animal that has the misfortune of coming in contact with these Atlanta hillbillies.

Can't wait to see one of the Bierman boys on "scared straight" someday soon.

• Love 1