Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, JC123 said:

Dalgal liked my comment when I said I thought it was Selina... It's always the quiet ones ?

No!  I will be disappointed if this is true, as Selina is one of my favorite rookie candidates this season.  

We have been told by @dalgal214 that it is not Cersten. 

I do not think that it is Kelsey, because it only makes sense that someone who is under scrutiny for their dance will otherwise be on their absolute best behavior. 

I would hope that it not Tasha, as being both a wife and a mother likely makes her mature and calm under stress.  (Though I would not blame Tasha for losing her composure given some of the judgmental posts in the DCC forum commenting on her ability to both be a good mother and pursue her dance dreams.)    

That leaves Selina.  On the one hand she was (I think) captain of her college dance squad, and co-captain of her previous semi-professional sports dance team.  A person is generally chosen for such positions only if she is well-liked and respected as a friend and leader by their fellow teammates.

On the other hand, @dalgal214 did offer this comment in the thread on S11.E01 The Dream Begins, "Selina Flores is from San Antonio. She actually doesn't know Spanish lol."  Granted, @dalgal214's comment was made in response to a previous poster who had commented that she was happy to see Selina "from Mexico" advance.  But why add the part about "she doesn't know Spanish"?  Would one make that comment about (one of my favorite's) Danielle?  As far as I know, speaking Spanish is not a prerequisite to being a DCC.  Perhaps therein lies one issue for Selina.

My advice to Selina, if she did lose her composure (and I still think it is probably not her), is this.  You made the team for your dance ability and talent, as well as for your previously-demonstrated qualities of maturity, leadership, calm, and poise, and your ability to articulate and represent the DCC with enthusiasm, happiness, and charm.  If some people doubt that, and believe - or suggest - that you were chosen for any other reason, then so be it.  There will always be questioning commentary on this site, on social media generally, and in certain dance circles, but that scrutiny applies equally to every single woman on the DCC (consider some of the negative things that have been said about Amy T, Melissa, Erica, or Holly).  In other words, you need to be able to shut out the extraneous noise, and enjoy the moment - because this is a unique opportunity and very special year of your life.  And you need to always exhibit those qualities of collectedness, kindness to others, and maturity, that you were chosen for.

Another poster mentioned that Selina is known as a very sweet, but shy young woman.  That may be another issue, and I speak as a person who is naturally shy and introverted myself.  Introverts and naturally shy people can sometimes keep to themselves, or keep things bottled up inside, to the point of feeling excluded, (or in the case of feelings, to the point of "erupting").  You need to develop and work on the ability, and the talent, of reaching out to other people in a large group like the DCC (and really in any other professional or social setting).  Find a #smallsquad within the larger #ultimatepowersquad that is the DCC sisterhood, those young women who you especially like and trust, and who will be there to offer their advice, support, or just someone to listen.  It makes it so much easier to deal with life's daily frustrations (and who doesn't have those?) if you have a good friend or friends to share things with.  (Kashara appears to be an especially nice, and down-to-earth teammate in Group 4, you might start there.)

Whichever Group 4 rookie it was (Kelsey, Selina, or Tasha) should apologize earnestly and immediately to Jessica and Erica, as her Group Leaders, and to the entire Group, as well as discuss with Kellie and/or Judy any issues that she is having.  One of you has (supposedly) gotten off on the wrong foot, but this is just the beginning of one of the greatest seasons of your life, and you will turn things around by learning from your early mistakes and continuing forward as a very positive and supportive (of your teammates and team) example.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Ahhh DCC drama. Cracks me up. ???? And these are the days of our lives.....

This made me laugh out loud! 

If it was Tasha, I think that would surprise me most of all. I KNOW this doesn't always mean anything, but she did win rookie of the year (chosen by teammates) with the Suns.  Someone who loses her chill and flips out on people usually doesn't get miss congeniality from squad sisters lol.  

in other news - SO READY TO READ ALL THE NEW BIOS!! Hoping it is sooooon. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

On the other hand, @dalgal214 did offer this comment in the thread on S11.E01 The Dream Begins, "Selina Flores is from San Antonio. She actually doesn't know Spanish lol."  Granted, @dalgal214's comment was made in response to a previous poster who had commented that she was happy to see Selina "from Mexico" advance.  But why add the part about "she doesn't know Spanish"?  

Because it's funny a person is assumed to be from a country when they don't even speak the language of that country.  Sorry for giving a stupid example, but that would be like someone saying they thought Megan was from France and someone replied with "LOL she doesn't even speak French."

I'd be shocked if it were Tasha, I thought she was well liked by her Suns teammates.  Didn't she get voted vet of the year by them?  ETA or what @LaurenBrook said :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

The California metaphor was only because twigs snap, none of the four rookies from group four are from California. @ByTor is right, I only referenced that she doesn't know Spanish because in order to have grown up/be from Mexico you would have to know Spanish. It is not a requirement as a DCC (though being bilingual helps). It most likely will not be on MTT.

• Love 3

Regardless of who it was, we all have the capacity to snap at times. It could have been any of them really, and it doesn't necessarily mean that that person is always that way (and maybe they are, there's no way for any of us outsiders to know really ?). I'm typically a pretty calm and level-headed person, but I can certainly have my moments. The bigger issue is that if you have an explosion type moment as a rookie, people will remember it and you might be seen as "that person" for a long time to come. I hope that all parties have made up and they are able to still work well in a group.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

The California metaphor was only because twigs snap, none of the four rookies from group four are from California. @ByTor is right, I only referenced that she doesn't know Spanish because in order to have grown up/be from Mexico you would have to know Spanish. It is not a requirement as a DCC (though being bilingual helps). It most likely will not be on MTT.

bummer .. we will never know ... lol

2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Regardless of who it was, we all have the capacity to snap at times. It could have been any of them really, and it doesn't necessarily mean that that person is always that way (and maybe they are, there's no way for any of us outsiders to know really ?). I'm typically a pretty calm and level-headed person, but I can certainly have my moments. The bigger issue is that if you have an explosion type moment as a rookie, people will remember it and you might be seen as "that person" for a long time to come. I hope that all parties have made up and they are able to still work well in a group.

Oh agreed. We all have our moments. I just know this girl is somewhat fake. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Oh agreed. We all have our moments. I just know this girl is somewhat fake. 

Haha, hence the comment about how us outsiders are sadly clueless about this stuff. I have to admit I'm curious who it is and what happened, but I understand you not wanting to divulge too.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Haha, hence the comment about how us outsiders are sadly clueless about this stuff. I have to admit I'm curious who it is and what happened, but I understand you not wanting to divulge too.

LOL ... reminds me of my younger days when my sister would sing-song taunt me by saying "I know a secret .. I know a secret" and not tell me.  I always wondered why she bothered telling me she knew a secret if she wasn't going to share - drove me nuts!  So annoying lol

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Don't think of a twig snapping, but more of a giant Californian sequoia tree randomly falling over and trampling people. That kind of snap. And, again, coming from a rookie who is at the bottom of the totem pole. From a veteran not matter what year it would be alarming, but from a rookie it's downright shocking.

It's not a good look.

And I'm sorry I can't divulge everything. But it's difficult when you say "oh ___ is soooo perfect and seems so sweet!" A lot of these girls are sweet and beautiful...but things can get messy real fast.

Based on this.. I think it's either Tasha or Kelsey. Purely because we have discussed those 2 the most on these boards and have gotten a lot of 'she seems so sweet' comments. I hope it's not Kelsey.. You don't work to get on the team for ages and then make this mistake.. 

• Love 3

If it isn't Cersten, I'm thinking Kelsey.  

Tasha seems too into herself to be worrying about anyone else, plus she has the pro dance things down pat. This isn't her first rodeo.

I just have t recalled enough about Selina to form an opinion. 

Kelsey commented on one of Jessica's photos today/yesterday (what time is it in Dallas?)

That looks friendly.. Or it could be sucking up to get back into the good books.. I don't know. I hope it's not her. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Oh agreed. We all have our moments. I just know this girl is somewhat fake

More sleuthing.  @dalgal214 "knows this girl is somewhat fake."  This suggests she knows the rookie at issue in some way.

@dalgal214 recently posted that she did not attend prelims this year.  That suggests that she has attended prelims in at least some years past.  From that clue, and her screen name, as well as numerous "insider" posts about Dallas-area dancing and dancers, I am going to say that @dalgal214 has some involvement in the Dallas dance community. 

Cersten has been eliminated as a possibility.  I think that we can now also eliminate Tasha, since she appears to be a recent transplant to Dallas -- from Utah via Arizona -- based on her NBA resume. 

Furthermore, we can surmise from other of @dalgal214's comments that she has at least a passing familiarity or acquaintance with Selina - (perhaps through the Dallas dance scene) - since she knows that Selina is from San Antonio (which anyone can learn from an internet search), but also that she does not speak Spanish (which is not so easy to know).  I think that @dalgal214 may have actually posted at some point that she knew Selina and some other MMDDs.  So the rookie at issue could be her.

But it could be Kelsey as well.  I honestly cannot remember what @dalgal214 has posted about Kelsey, who is also a member of the Dallas dance community.  If she has posted negatively about Kelsey, then it might be her.  But if @dalgal214 is a supporter of, or friend to, Kelsey, then it is unlikely that she would have posted anything negative about her.

Edited by California Girl

You will know which rookie in Group 4 behaved badly only if the incident(s) is so egregious as to merit a temporary suspension from a game(s) and/or appearance(s).  

I hope, for the sake of forgiveness and allowing the rookie to learn from her mistake(s), that the young woman in question is counseled but not disciplined.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I don't feel like I'm being teased, I completely see why dalgal can't just blurt it out on a message board. HA! I just think at this point it's rather futile. I mean, it's not like a dcc got wasted, threw on a ski mask and streaked across the field carrying a Redskins flag at halftime and we're trying to figure THAT out. Someone bitched at someone. meh. LOL. That's not to say I don't sop up dalgal's info with a biscuit haha!!

I wish we were trying to figure that out. I know a guy who ran across Turner Field in a wedding dress during a Braves game. That was hilarious, and what you described being done by a DCC would be epic.

Anyway, not trying to derail the thread. I'll go. ?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

You derailer you. I'm DYING! That sounds absolutely hilarious. Fave part about streakers is when they try to catch them. Like, COME HERE...eww...wait...not too close.

OK back on topic. Elizabeth posted this pic today and I HATE those track suits with the heat of a thousand suns. https://twitter.com/DCC_Elizabeth?lang=en

I HATE them too!! they are so so so unflattering (the pants, anyway).  The fit and the way the stripes are...yech.  

1 hour ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Especially with the boots! I think the boots are what just make it so blech! If they wore just white athletic shoes, I think it'd be like, ok, that's just an unflattering track suit and some tennies but with the boots it's just confusing. And how bad of a clothier do you have to be to make a track suit ugly on women with bodies who are literally perfect?! Who created these?

I wanna say it's probably Rebel Athletic

54 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

Bess seems to fly under the radar but she's one of my favorites.  She's absolutely stunning.

Me too! I just love her. I'll admit that I get confused for about 1.2 seconds when I see "Elizabeth" because I just think of her as Bess, haha.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Those track suits are terrible, and they just look RIDICULOUS with boots. Plus it's like 105 in Dallas right now, and they're wearing long pants and jackets. Say whaattttt????

You live here too tho, right? And yes, it's 105 degrees, but every building is so damn cold that sometimes the first few minutes outside are a relief so you can thaw out. Lol. I have to take a damn sweater or jacket everywhere I go and I have enough padding to stay warm. Can't imagine how someone with only a little body fat must feel. 

I so hate the boots with track pants tho. Just awful. 

• Love 3
Just now, PrincessLeia said:

That episode where Kelli actually states that a DCC could be seated next to the President of the United States, kills me dead every single time. 

On what earth would a DCC be seated next to the President? 

3 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

NO HUMAN CENTIPEDE! YAAAY.

OT: I know I'm overposting to the point where yall wanna cram me into the HVAC system, but it's the last week before school/work start and I won't be able to post but once a week. Thank you for bearing with the special child that I am.

centi.JPG

SUCH A CUTE PHOTO!

2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The earth in Kelli's imagination?

hahaa true story

Just now, QuiteContrary19 said:

Adorable! I think Jinelle is now among my top three. Love her.

They have way too many brunettes though

Just now, QuiteContrary19 said:

Quite actually, I'm horrified at the lack of blondes. I have a certain blonde expectation from the DCCs and my personal quota isn't anywhere near met. Maybe they're planning on doing a Tobie Percival with some of these. Her hair was like, black when she came in and I can't see her as anything but a beautiful sun shiny blonde forever amen!

I think Milan was a cute blonde, they should have made it a better blonde though. She did look a bit younger with the blonde, but the color it's at now the horrid mixture of blonde and red is just blegh

Yuko looks awkward in that photo for some reason - just doesn't blend w/ the other girls - maybe it's the way that she standing so far away, or that her body language just looks timid (like that audition pic of pretty blone Kaitlyn that Kelli pulled out while she was in the office).  I wonder if she was photo shopped in cause maybe she was away dealing w/ Visa stuff when they took that photo?

Milan has really muscular legs.  Mandy (3rd girl from left) is gorgeous.   

Lauren, I'm glad you brought that up. You're going to be speaking with heads of state, Roger Goddell, Army Generals, the President of the United States of America, celebrities, celebrity ghosts, celebrities' pets, celebrities' pets' ghosts, and Billy Ray Cyrus. We need natural, fluid speakers. I don't feel like I can trust you and for that reason, tonight will have to be your last night. I'm sorry that I've broken your spirit, your cat's spirit and the spirit of anyone who looks like you or your cat, but the decision is final.

Sorry mods.

DEAD.  

29 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yuko looks awkward in that photo for some reason - just doesn't blend w/ the other girls - maybe it's the way that she standing so far away, or that her body language just looks timid (like that audition pic of pretty blone Kaitlyn that Kelli pulled out while she was in the office).  I wonder if she was photo shopped in cause maybe she was away dealing w/ Visa stuff when they took that photo?

Milan has really muscular legs.  Mandy (3rd girl from left) is gorgeous.   

Nah, she was there that day. Weren't those taken from squad photo day? she was def there for that. I think it's just an awkward pose, resting your elbows on someone's butt lol 

Mandy is truly stunning and SO photogenic.  She may just help fill the Holly Arielle shaped hole in my heart. 

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

On what earth would a DCC be seated next to the President? 

I don't know, Bill Clinton maybe... ;-D #toofar #sorry 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Quite actually, I'm horrified at the lack of blondes. I have a certain blonde expectation from the DCCs and my personal quota isn't anywhere near met. Maybe they're planning on doing a Tobie Percival with some of these. Her hair was like, black when she came in and I can't see her as anything but a beautiful sun shiny blonde forever amen!

I still can't believe Tobie even came in as a brunette! Wasn't she a natural blonde and wanted to change it back and they were like no, this year we need you to be brunette? 

Lauren, I'm glad you brought that up. You're going to be speaking with heads of state, Roger Goddell, Army Generals, the President of the United States of America, celebrities, celebrity ghosts, celebrities' pets, celebrities' pets' ghosts, and Billy Ray Cyrus. We need natural, fluid speakers. I don't feel like I can trust you and for that reason, tonight will have to be your last night. I'm sorry that I've broken your spirit, your cat's spirit and the spirit of anyone who looks like you or your cat, but the decision is final.

Sorry mods.

F. 

I totally heard this in a Kelli Finglass voice and snorted coffee through my nose. Hilarious!

P.S. You forgot to add Celebrity Ghost Mediums and Celebrity ghost cats ghost hunters.

• Love 3

I noticed how absolutely small Yuko is in some of the audition photos. Her wrist looks like it's probably no bigger than 4" around and she seems really short (but well proportioned) Is she on the end of the kick line? 

31 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Danielle is adorable, but this picture is not one of her better ones. Why did they chose this for the daily calendar?  

Aw I think she looks good in that pic lol

I'm really glad they lightened Kelsey's hair, it looks better. She posted a pic with Kelli Q on the bus and even though there's a filter, you can tell her hair just looks nicer.

3 hours ago, flightlevel said:

Amy T has slimmed down  since last season.  I can see her as a future point girl. 

No one in Holly T's rookie class has a shot at point unless Holly leaves.   I wouldn't be surprised if Holly is point next year, I really wouldn't.   And I say this as someone who is not a Holly fan.

• Love 6