Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Can I ask why everyone usually discounts Melissa for being right behind point? She's an amazing dancer, and got one of the two coveted open/close spots at finals last year. Kelli said she was the "Emmitt Smith" of dancing. So why isn't she mentioned for taking a prime dance spot on the squad?  Yes, her body isn't the typical hourglass, etc. But she isn't dumpy or unattractive.

Just wondering, cause I think she'll take a key spot.

I think Melissa has been left out of conversation because she's speculated to be retiring/leaving team.  

But if she stays, I could see her moving up. She is super pretty, cameras like her and obviously she's a great dancer! 

I didn't mention Melissa because it's been insinuated she is leaving, and I personally think she's a better soloist than group performer. She looked way off in some of those Oxnard videos. I was kind of shocked and had to re watch several times.

I don't discount Jinelle for possibly moving up in the triangle, either.

• Love 1

I like rookie Holly. She reminds of Kandi Harris Mahan. Both have the same type of built, hair style and can dance. I have nothing against the other girls, but it is nice to see one of the DCCs not being a carbon copy, typical in the look department DCC. I also like Danielle, Jessica, Jinelle, Melissa, Mary, Lacey and Erica. Imo, I think all the girls are adorable and special in their own way.

I don't think Melissa would be point even if she stays cause she's not sexy/hot enough. Her look is too professional/church-like IMO, and I've never seen her look not that way.

I think they'd make Lacey or Erica point WAY before Melissa for this reason. They are also amazing technical dancers, but way more sexy.

Edited by MyFavShows

I think Melissa has been left out of conversation because she's speculated to be retiring/leaving team. 

Really? Melissa might leave after only 2 years? I certainly hope not. What is the speculation based on? Does anyone know?  :(

What are people basing the negative opinions of rookie Holly on? Has she done something that people didn't like? It seems like this time last year, as auditions were approaching, everyone was saying how great she was. When did that change? And why? I missed whatever it was.

• Love 1

What are people basing the negative opinions of rookie Holly on? Has she done something that people didn't like? It seems like this time last year, as auditions were approaching, everyone was saying how great she was. When did that change? And why? I missed whatever it was.

Holly is the new Sydney. Lots of speculation that she isn't friends with any other DCC, that she act entitled, etc. Then an insider posted that Holly accidentally sent a mass text to the whole team that was meant only for her mom, where she was bashing all the girls. Before that, there was a lot of hate for her hair color and style.

I don't think there was wide-spread love for Holly right at the outset. But a lot of posters did like her last Fall. Don't know percentages, cause posting goes down during the Winter months.  For myself, I just didn't care for her. Don't know her personally, of course, and I respect her skill. She just came off (to me) as a bit full of herself. It's just individual impressions, and mine was a dislike from the get-go. :)

Does anyone remember where Holly was in the triangle before moving to point? Was she opposite Emma? The main reason why I see Jennifer being the point with Jenna/Erica being right behind her (and I could see Lacey being right behind Jennifer) is because of their positions in the triangle last year, but I'm not sure if they usually just move people up or not.

I will say that I don't necessarily agree that the point girl has to be one of the most beautiful girls on the team. Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but Whitney was never all that pretty to me (though she had a great figure), and she was point due to her dancing. I see no reason why they wouldn't put Jennifer in that position given how much they love her. 

With 3 of the group leaders (apparently) retiring, I can see the group leaders next year being Jennifer, Jessica, Jenna, and Danielle next season. I have no idea about second group leaders - I can guess Jinelle though, since I think she will be the only one remaining from her class other than Jennifer.

With 3 of the group leaders (apparently) retiring, I can see the group leaders next year being Jennifer, Jessica, Jenna, and Danielle next season. I have no idea about second group leaders - I can guess Jinelle though, since I think she will be the only one remaining from her class other than Jennifer.

I can see Jennifer, Jessica and Jenna as group leaders. I hope Danielle, though she seems to not seek out leadership roles. But with the squad being so Rookie/2nd year heavy, she may not have a choice.

I can see Mary being a second group leader for one - she was Rookie of the year. Maybe Loren too, as she was one who they showcased as teaching Rookies the ropes.

Interesting to speculate!

Can I ask why everyone usually discounts Melissa for being right behind point? She's an amazing dancer, and got one of the two coveted open/close spots at finals last year. Kelli said she was the "Emmitt Smith" of dancing. So why isn't she mentioned for taking a prime dance spot on the squad?  Yes, her body isn't the typical hourglass, etc. But she isn't dumpy or unattractive.

Just wondering, cause I think she'll take a key spot.

I agree.  If she stays, she could be the next point girl...imo.  Love her.

Edited by caligirl50

I wonder if she would have posted that if that guy lived in Dallas.

He tweeted: "@DCC_Kelsey @DCCheerleaders my wife just counted the Kelsey pics on my page, over 50, now thinks I'm obsessed, I think room for more lol"

60 is a lot. It doesn't reach my threshold for crazy scary, but it's a lot. And I can't imagine any scenario where I'd be ok with my husband tattooing the image of another woman on a large, highly visible part of his body. (and badly, I might add.) Crazy aside, this is disrespectful to his wife.

• Love 1

Besides being a terrible and ugly tattoo, there is so much that is wrong about this man. Who's to say this creep won't fly across the pond and try to find Kelsey. The worst part is that people (including Holly) are defending his creeptastic behavior.

• Love 3

Was checking out Kelsey's IG after looking at the scary tattoo - she has dance class videos like everyone does - she looks great as usual but Veronica looks AMAZING.

Wow, she DOES look amazing! That choreography is terrible though--I watched like 5 of the recent videos. My dance fitness instructors (Lauren Fitzgerald and Kelsi Comer) do more challenging stuff than that to Formation and Get Ugly lol.

I can't imagine her not coming back to do ONE more year if she is not getting married till 2017...though I wonder how that is going to work with girls reauditioning coming to/being in her wedding if they are getting ready for finals lol 

Oh wow ... the history there!  I wish her a long, happy and healthy life.  She's been through what no human should ever have to go through.

I did not know Jinelle's grandmother was a holocaust survivor and is 102 years old.

• Love 1

Random but I wonder if any of the DCCs read this board ... I'm guessing not lol.  They would probably be surprised such a loyal and dedicated following exists (that aren't oogling at the goodies).  It must seem strange to be so fascinated by this girls but it's my absolute favorite reality tv show

• Love 1

Kelli tweeted a couple of hours ago about Jinelle's grandmother dying last weekend. So sad.

tobeyoungagain, I do remember hearing Kelli saying Judy would check and read DCC forums to see what the fans and show viewers would post. I have no idea if Judy reads this forum.

Random but I wonder if any of the DCCs read this board ... I'm guessing not lol.  They would probably be surprised such a loyal and dedicated following exists (that aren't oogling at the goodies).  It must seem strange to be so fascinated by this girls but it's my absolute favorite reality tv show

I'm almost 100% positive a few of them know about it and even browse it from time to time. Some are certainly aware it exists.

I bet most of them know about it, but hardly any of them visit it. It only takes one or two visits to a message board where people who don't know you are saying uncomplimentary things about you to turn you off the idea of ever visiting again. I'm sure they have friends who tell them things about this board though. And it would not surprise me if Kelli didn't tell them during training camp to avoid places like this. I had a friend who was on a pro dance team and she said her director told them not to read about themselves on social media because the internet is a harsh place, and chances are, they'd either be creeped out or get their feelings hurt.

That is so sad ... well if they do read the board, my condolences...

Kelli tweeted a couple of hours ago about Jinelle's grandmother dying last weekend. So sad.

tobeyoungagain, I do remember hearing Kelli saying Judy would check and read DCC forums to see what the fans and show viewers would post. I have no idea if Judy reads this forum.

Good point ... I like to think we aren't cyber bullies but yeah you're right, some of our opinions have the potential to hurt people's feelings.  I know if I were "famous", I wouldn't be able to help myself.  I'd be on this board daily!  Lol

I bet most of them know about it, but hardly any of them visit it. It only takes one or two visits to a message board where people who don't know you are saying uncomplimentary things about you to turn you off the idea of ever visiting again. I'm sure they have friends who tell them things about this board though. And it would not surprise me if Kelli didn't tell them during training camp to avoid places like this. I had a friend who was on a pro dance team and she said her director told them not to read about themselves on social media because the internet is a harsh place, and chances are, they'd either be creeped out or get their feelings hurt.

Remember the social media meetings on the show. Kelli and Jay was saying how social media was not the girls' friend. People were saying they were too thin, fat, over tanned, bad makeup etc. etc. What gets me is how Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, Miss Kitty, and the other judges can say the same thing about the girls and it is fine and dandy, but God forbid a viewer or fan says the same thing. I still get mad when I think of what they did to Training Camp candidate Amy in season six or seven. They made her look weird when she was being cut. The poor girl was sick from trying to lose weight to fit into the uniform and was in Urgent Care the day before the cameo photo day. Her sister ripped into Kelli and Judy because the poor girl was scared when she was called into the office, and the whole scene was heavily edited. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. They need to take a long hard look at their actions before they judge fans and viewers.

wow that's a great point ... it really is pot calling kettle black.  they probably justify it by saying how their "critiques" are for professional purposes, feedback if you will.  And fans' opinions are just to be mean.  But it's true, the end game is still the same ... someone's feelings gets hurt.

Which Amy is this?  Don't remember ... what happened?

Remember the social media meetings on the show. Kelli and Jay was saying how social media was not the girls' friend. People were saying they were too thin, fat, over tanned, bad makeup etc. etc. What gets me is how Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, Miss Kitty, and the other judges can say the same thing about the girls and it is fine and dandy, but God forbid a viewer or fan says the same thing. I still get mad when I think of what they did to Training Camp candidate Amy in season six or seven. They made her look weird when she was being cut. The poor girl was sick from trying to lose weight to fit into the uniform and was in Urgent Care the day before the cameo photo day. Her sister ripped into Kelli and Judy because the poor girl was scared when she was called into the office, and the whole scene was heavily edited. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. They need to take a long hard look at their actions before they judge fans and viewers.

They said she was being robotic and her behind was too big for the shorts. Season 7 episode 5. I have the feeling the cut scenes are edited to make Kelli and Judy's reasons to cut girls come out, and in some cases, make the girls look bad in order to support the ideas behind the cuts. I love her sister coming in and defending her. She is better off without being a DCC.

I thought the Amy situation was handled poorly.  Though CMT, not Kelli, does the film editing, I don't think that situation was handled well at all.  

I will say that Amy ending up in Emergency Care for trying to lose weight isn't Kelli's fault. DCC has a body type they obviously need for the uniforms. Girls know that going in to the auditions. I know Amy must have felt a lot of pressure to be what the organization needed. But no girl should push themselves into the emergency room to try and make their body what it isn't.  Of course, we're talking really young girls, and they often don't think clearly when their dream is on the line. When kids graduate high school, most leave their parents' home for college/university and there they make mistakes, live unchaperoned lives. It's not Kelli and Judy's job to oversee the candidates' lives.

But I think Kelli and Judy should be upfront with the TCCs like she was with Megan in S9 - her body type wouldn't look good in their uniform.  And like they told Rachel Buckmaster that her style just wasn't DCC; too fluid.  Of course, everyone goes into DCC auditions knowing it's also a reality TV program on CMT and that situations are going to be played up for dramatic effect. With the girls being so young, the entire situation is rather unfair. But after so many seasons, the candidates know (even if they don't fully understand) how it's going to be when they audition.  Anyway, I just don't see making Kelli and Judy the sole villains in this drama.

Amy probably has a sweet personality. Her sister said Amy was nervous and said a lot more than what was shown. There was probably nothing wrong with her shape or her weight before Training Camp. Another girl with potential who was cut because she did not fit the perfect DCC image or was not willing to kiss up to Judy and Kelli.

ahhhhh the one where they said she had no personality?  and that it was a weird moment?

that reminds me of Meagan (is that her name?) - the girl who quit because of biology and physiology

I thought that Kelli said Nina Marie had no personality.

Too much, too little .. they just can't get it right.  Remember how Keli rolled her eyes at how leave it to Brittany to make the National Anthem sound sexy (it did not sound complimentary).  Some women are just reserved and don't warm up super fast to strangers (especially ones that are judging them on everything!).

Sigh ... I am impressed by Kelli and how she managed to raise her daughter to be more than just DCC material ...

I thought that Kelli said Nina Marie had no personality.

Unless I am mistaken, I believe that Kelli and Judy had no knowledge of Amy’s urgent care visit.  Their decision to release her was based on her dance, her personality and her look.  So when her sister made that post, I remember thinking I was sad for Amy but that Kelli and Judy made a decision as to what they knew about her.  

(edited)

I always felt bad for Amy Andrus. They portray her as such a weirdo. there were a lot of DCC's that had no personality. That Kaitlyn girl who got kicked off for weight comes to mind.

Edited by Runnergrl37

Since the End of the Year Banquet is coming up on 3/24, who do you think will be Vet and Rookie of the Year. I say Holly, Jacie, Danielle and Angela for Vet, and Amy (made Show Group,) Mary or Robin for Rookie.