Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On the DCC Jem of the week, Lacy said her dream job is being a DCC or a mom. Maybe I'm being judgmental but really you don't have any career aspirations??!

I have bad days where all I want to do is be a cat lady. Maybe they caught her on a bad day? Lol.

Jokes aside, being a mom is an aspiration in itself, but it is kind of strange in this day and age for a woman to not have other career dreams. Lacey is very young so I suspect she just doesn't know what she wants to do yet.

On the DCC Jem of the week, Lacy said her dream job is being a DCC or a mom. Maybe I'm being judgmental but really you don't have any career aspirations??!

Cassie's dream job was to be a stay at home mom.

Stay at Home Mom is definitely a dream job in today's economy. True feminism calls for wanting women to be whatever they aspire - whether that's a surgeon, solider, stay at home mom, or stripper. If that's what Lacey aspires to be (mom, not stripper LOL), that's her business. 

Cassie changed her dream job, major and career aspirations quite a few times. She came off as not to bright, and definitely not focused, to me. 

Britgirl, ITVBe showed all the series (except the latest as it hadn't aired) over the Summer.

That was where I was watching it. Usually I'm working, but as I was awaiting surgery I was at a loose end during mid day so ended up watching.. alas not from the beginning though.

I don't think you can catch up on programmes that aired that long ago now? I would be delighted if you could!

**Also wish I'd recorded it >:(

I actually really liked Megan Sharp's bangs! I think it was cute on her at that age and I don't recognize her anymore without them LOL

NOTHING wrong with being a stay at home mom.  It's so underrated anymore and takes so much courage to admit you want to be home with your children. And I highly doubt Lacey plans to never work...a lot of women try to be at home until their kids get older and then go back to work.  Being there for your family that way is a great aspiration, not any better or worse than other dreams :)

The more I see of Amy L the more annoyed I am that they barely showed her on DCC MTT! She is so cute and seems to have a great presence.  I kind of wonder if Sarah Gourley (her bff/mentor) disliked the show aspect of DCC and told Amy not to sign a waiver to be featured lol  Like, 'don't give them that control!' Probably smart, if so.

The cameos this year really are AWFUL. The poses are awkward and unflattering, and the facial expressions are unattractive. And why aren't the cameos on the website full body? Honestly, I'm surprised Kelli even approved these, because many of them make the subjects look flat out unattractive, which is hard to do with a DCC. If I were the director and I saw these photos, I would have invested in a re-shoot. I can't think of a single one where I looked at it and thought, "That's a great cameo!"

I started following Holly P yesterday on Twitter and she wrote me a message saying thanks for following her and Go Cowboys or something.  How nice.  I have followed most of these gals for all these years and no one ever thanked me.  Sarah Gourley started following me when I was tweeting a bunch about the Cowboys (thank you Sarah - big fan) but that's the only acknowledgment I have ever received from these gals. 

Very classy of Holly.

• Love 3

Yeah, Holly P said something to me too a few months back! She seems to be one of the more vocal and excited rookies, and it's good that she actually speaks back.

The only other DCCs/Former DCCs that have said something back to me were Jenna, Cassie, Lauren and Jasmine. I think I'm missing someone else..maybe Nicole..I don't remember. But it's always sweet to hear back from them.

Holly P responds to everyone on her IG too...I know she is one of the youngest and probably has more time than a lot of the others but it's still really sweet of her and one of the reasons I like her best of the rookie class!

She posted a clip of her dancing on jumbotron at last game and I think she looks awesome. Not heavy at all! That HAIR though. ugh! it looks good in other pictures but lights in the stadium make it that garish red color.  Claire's is the worst though I think of the reds! yikes!

Red is a tricky color. They may have been better off doing some red-toned highlights rather than an overall red. When a natural redhead does color to cover gray, I imagine it's not particularly easy to get a shade close to the natural one.

• Love 1

Red is a PITA. It's hard to have a happy medium between R E D when you first put it on and the washed out look it eventually turns into. There's a few good weeks in the middle, but that's about it. It's either burning bright or fading. Plus it's hard to make it look natural. It's just difficult all around lol

Love Holly though!

I think Holly Arielle was born to be a swimsuit model. Her body is perfect for it- she makes it look effortless.

Love Kelsey!!! She's one of my favorites.

Edited by Elizabeth9

I think the problem a lot of people have with creating red hair, is they want to go more purple/burgundy based than orange based. "Real" red hair is never that purple color. I had a colorist explain to me that it was something to do with a green tone (copper/rust/carrot/auburn) vs a purple tone (that eggplant and Ariel Mermaid) red. 

The girl in that pic definitely looked fake red.

• Love 1

I think the problem a lot of people have with creating red hair, is they want to go more purple/burgundy based than orange based. "Real" red hair is never that purple color. I had a colorist explain to me that it was something to do with a green tone (copper/rust/carrot/auburn) vs a purple tone (that eggplant and Ariel Mermaid) red. 

The girl in that pic definitely looked fake red.

That is a good way to put it! it does get this weird purple sheen! you can tell who is a more natural red head, like Meredith and Rachel, because their hair is standout red but NOT like holy crap, is it neon?! you'd think their colorists at the fancy salons would know this or at least realize how lights at the stadium would affect it.

• Love 1

Meredith Oden did have hair colored while she was on the squad but she may have stopped doing so as it looked fake.  Her hair color was very pretty then at one point while being interviewed during her rookie season/training camp, you could see she had colored her hair. This was when the old salon was servicing the DCC.

Red is a PITA. It's hard to have a happy medium between R E D when you first put it on and the washed out look it eventually turns into. There's a few good weeks in the middle, but that's about it. It's either burning bright or fading. Plus it's hard to make it look natural. It's just difficult all around lol

I was a "bottled" redhead for around 18 yrs and not only was it a PAIN to get it to look the correct shade (Reba McEntire Red) but it was EXPENSIVE to  maintain.  Once I stopped doing the red (around a year ago - and it's taken it most of that year to return to my "natural" color) it's sooooooooo much easier and cheaper (I can get my Mom to do it as apposed to a salon).

• Love 1

OMG. That pic of Danielle holding the calendar... am I the only thinking that didn't look like her? Has she changed her makeup? She's a gorgeous girl and that picture doesn't do her justice.

Just looks like performance make-up to me? Performance make-up will always be heavier and more exaggerated to be viewed from a distance/under bright lights. I think she looks great.

Kelsey as a video clip on her IG where she is getting 'inked'...is this the DCC tattoo they talk about? the one that's tradition to get or something? I'm guessing it's DCC approved snce she put it online and Holly Arielle is taping it lol

I just love Danielle.

Same!! I keep wondering if maybe she will end up pro bowl girl..it just seems like this has been her year lol

• Love 1

Having just looked at Danielle's Instagram while reading the post a little above (I looked a while ago but she was private then), and looking through all the old pics, I saw the photo of her foot injury that happened before Training Camp, the year they nearly didn't pick her.. my goodness it was pretty bad! I'm surprised she managed to dance at all.

**So pleased she got a second chance because she's one of my faves, along with Kelsey.

• Love 2

Why is the DCC Campout happening so late in the year? Do they have two?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought it happened shortly after the final squad was announced.

Edited by nmvrn
  • Love 1

Those cameos *shake my head* why do so many of them look like they've cut of the girls heads and photoshopped it back on their bodies with about three inches of neck removed. You have to try hard to have such pretty girls, who are all glammed up, and make them look odd in photos.

I'm not fussy about Kelsey's hair.. I love her either way.. I just wish she wouldn't make her eyebrows look so harsh, they are kind of blunt between the eyes bit which makes her look older.

She's one of my faves.