Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Steph's hair looks darker unless it's just the lighting that's going on. Kelsey also looks really good, and Yuko looks off.

Stephanie killed it from the first to the last count. Kelsey started out really strong then got lost about halfway through. Yuko is cute as a button, but she is not a DCC quality dancer. She doesn't finishe moves, is a little bit jerky/spastic, and has no extension or flow. I doubt if they cut her, but she's not on par with with other girls.

• Love 4

I liked all of them in the vid! They have their own different styles but all still pleasant to watch. I also don't see the point of writing someone off on making the team just based on these ~30 second clips. It's a whole different atmosphere and I'll bet anyone dancing "softer" will rev it up come auditions.  

Glad we got to see more of Yuko. Hoping to see them all (well Stephanie is pretty much a given) back next season. 

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:29 AM, AnnMichele said:

Shelly confirmed on the 2017 speculations board:

Jennifer, Jessica, Danielle, Melissa, Megan, Amy T, Claire & Jax are not returning.

Also, the deadline for vets to declare if they are returning was in February. 

nooooo why Melissa why?  I mean, I get why but still!  The group is down a lot of strong dancers / performers with Jenn, Melissa and Megan gone.

• Love 1

My focus flitted between Stephanie and Kelsey during the first video. I didn't watch Yuko at all. The video of Yuko by herself looked like a complete mess to me. I'm no dancer, and it was plain to me that she didn't know the choreo very well and wasn't comfortable with the movements.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

nooooo why Melissa why?  I mean, I get why but still!  The group is down a lot of strong dancers / performers with Jenn, Melissa and Megan gone.

I'm going to miss Claire and Jax! Didn't expect them to be retiring. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

THANK YOU! I didn't want to be the first to say it. All I could think was WOW! Now I know why they don't feature her. That was something I could do in my living room. And I haven't been to class in years.

So what the actual fuck then!?! She can't speak English, she can't dance, her look as far as DCC standards is marginal. I now have zero doubt there's more to this than we'll ever know.

I have never and will never understand Yuko making the team. I think she cute but DCC? nah...

I am really surprised by what I see in the insta that Stephanie posted. Stephanie is awesome. It looks to me like Kelsey has become a better, (has more power), dancer than last year. Stephanie and Kelsey are sexy and projecting. 

Yuko, after a year of being on the squad, lacks power, sexiness, and looks plain messy. Ex-TCC Christina shown dancing next to her is performing much better. It looks, to me, that she was outdanced by a girl who got cut at finals back in 2014? Isn't it a mortal DCC sin to be outdanced in public? I kid #notreally

I wonder if Christina is going to try out again. I looked at her Instagram. She looks very flexible and healthy. If last year's comeback girls taught us anything it's to keep trying because this just might be your year. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

And regarding Yuko, just because she wants to come back, doesn't mean she'll make the cut. Honestly from that video, I have no earthly clue how the hell she possibly could get past the judges. GEESH!

I HAVE NO CLUE HOW SHE GOT PAST THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS IN THE FIRST PLACE

Yes on all!! I agree on Kelsey too, she appears to be improving. I was on the fence about her when she made the squad but she seems to be progressing. We've seen SO many borderline girls taken for their rookie year and they just coast, and don't do any work to improve (Chelsea!!), and they get cut. I mean, clearly Chelsea had a few more reasons, but there are others who, as Kelli has said a million times "Just got outdanced" at auditions.

Talking about this is getting me SO pumped for auditions!!

And regarding Yuko, just because she wants to come back, doesn't mean she'll make the cut. Honestly from that video, I have no earthly clue how the hell she possibly could get past the judges. GEESH!

I was going to quote your previous post as well because I was wondering at first if I was the only one with such strong opinions on Yuko -at least in that particular clip. I'm not a big fan of Kelsey as a dancer and yet, she's improved SO much and I do think that she has DCC quality potential. Yuko? I just don't get it. I guess you are right that she might as well get cut, but she made the team last year,presumably with more dance issues than what we can see in that clip, without speaking English, having to miss classes... She seems really nice and you're right that she's doing something really scary but I will never understand Yuko making the team.

And honestly? I think Kelsey is going to be cut and Yuko will make the team again. I hope they prove me wrong, but they clearly love Yuko and hate Kelsey. Maybe hate is a strong word, but we all saw how they treated her and how nice and composed she was in return.

• Love 3

In that video with Yuko, Stephanie, and Kelsey, Yuko looks like a little girl who tagged along with her big sisters to the studio and is trying (unsuccessfully) to imitate their dance moves. Like, it's bad. I'm hoping that she just didn't have the choreography down yet because if she knew the dance, and that's the best she can do...eeek! 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Must be some kind of connection.

After watching last season, the politics in selecting a professional dance team is pretty obvious. They need a certain amount of each "image." Certain amount of red heads, hispanics, African Americans, and in Yuko's case... Japanese. Since social media, you truely get to see (when girls post their audition solos or just plain dance videos) how extremely talented blonde or brunettes get the axe.... Since there are more blondes and brunettes that audition, the competition is a lot tougher.... Less than mediocre minorities get somewhat of an advantage. 

Note: Finals when they line each girl up by their look and compare. 

Not to say that tons of the "minorities" aren't 10 times better. Just my personal thoughts. The team needs to be diverse and it plays a huge role in who is selected! 

27 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

In that video with Yuko, Stephanie, and Kelsey, Yuko looks like a little girl who tagged along with her big sisters to the studio and is trying (unsuccessfully) to imitate their dance moves. Like, it's bad. I'm hoping that she just didn't have the choreography down yet because if she knew the dance, and that's the best she can do...eeek! 

That's what gets me. Obviously I don't know this on authority, but I would assume that Stephanie, Kelsey, and Yuko all learned this choreo at the same time, since none of them are helping teach this class. It seems to be newish choreo since we're just now starting to see it, so that makes me wonder about Yuko's overall memory when her teammates are performing the same new material as her at a much higher echelon. Stephanie and Kelsey overall are clean with their movements and are performing where Yuko is not.

Maybe we're being silly to judge Yuko so harshly on one segment of choreography, but we don't get to see a lot of her dancing, so this video just seems kind of telling. I have never been on the dislike train with Yuko and just kind of assumed that they must have put her on the team for a reason. Now I'm starting to question that.

Afterthought: I'm not a dancer and have not taken a single dance class in my adult life. (Unfortunately I had to give up my blossoming ballet career at the end of kindergarten when my family and I moved to Turkey.) So as it is, I don't know how much of a dance class is verbal and how much is just watching and mimicking. Maybe Yuko is struggling compared to Stephanie and Kelsey because of the language barrier? I'm grasping at straws here.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

That's what gets me. Obviously I don't know this on authority, but I would assume that Stephanie, Kelsey, and Yuko all learned this choreo at the same time, since none of them are helping teach this class. It seems to be newish choreo since we're just now starting to see it, so that makes me wonder about Yuko's overall memory when her teammates are performing the same new material as her at a much higher echelon. Stephanie and Kelsey overall are clean with their movements and are performing where Yuko is not.

Maybe we're being silly to judge Yuko so harshly on one segment of choreography, but we don't get to see a lot of her dancing, so this video just seems kind of telling. I have never been on the dislike train with Yuko and just kind of assumed that they must have put her on the team for a reason. Now I'm starting to question that.

Afterthought: I'm not a dancer and have not taken a single dance class in my adult life. (Unfortunately I had to give up my blossoming ballet career at the end of kindergarten when my family and I moved to Turkey.) So as it is, I don't know how much of a dance class is verbal and how much is just watching and mimicking. Maybe Yuko is struggling compared to Stephanie and Kelsey because of the language barrier? I'm grasping at straws here.

I've been to one of Michelle's classes and it can be so crowded that it's hard to see the choreography when she's teaching. Plus, Miss Keys teaches FAST. Even in her "all levels" classes. 

Granted, this is NOT an audition or DCC routine, so we should take it with a grain of salt. But Stephanie and Kelsey were the best out of that group. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Since there are more blondes and brunettes that audition, the competition is a lot tougher.... Less than mediocre minorities get somewhat of an advantage. 

Not to say that tons of the "minorities" aren't 10 times better. Just my personal thoughts. The team needs to be diverse and it plays a huge role in who is selected! 

I honestly think that's how Jasmine made it.

• Love 1

Personally, I love Jasmine now but my opinion might change once I finally watch women tell all this week lol

To be honest about it, I do not think Kelsey is all that special. She probably made it on her looks and fan appeal. Yes, she may do well with certain choreography outside the DCC world, but it is what she does at finals is what is most important. Plus the fact, she has the Kelli kiss of death with her we brought Kelsey in because she has potential. We all have seen what happened with girls on the bubble after their first year with the "potential" spiel. I do not think Kelli and especially Judy was impressed with her during TC. At the end, the other judges or even CMT may like her, but Kelli, Charlotte and to a lesser extent Judy has the final say so.

7 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Personally, I love Jasmine now but my opinion might change once I finally watch women tell all this week lol

You mean it hasn't changed from the "chokey" conversation? :)

Just now, ByTor said:

You mean it hasn't changed from the "chokey" conversation? :)

HAHA no, that made me love her more! 

2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

With that said, I agree that different women bring different things to the squad, and they don't all need to be the best dancers in the world. I do think, however, that there should be a standard, and sometimes we just see certain girls who don't live up to what you would think to be the standard when it comes to dance ability.

This reminds me of Nicole B.  I remember the year she made it (I don't know if she had tried out previously), Kelli said she's not the best dancer, but she has one hell of a memory.  That, along with her more exotic looks, certainly helped her make it, but at the same time I feel like she did meet their standard, so her making it (IMO) was really not much of a mystery.

• Love 3

Didn't mean to open a can of worms with this! #whoops. I just personally think it is extremely important to have a diverse team, and Yuko adds diversity. She is as they say "world class." Might not be the strongest dancer in the room, but brings other qualities to the team others do not! 

Just realized my previous post could've been taken as "Yuko only made it because of her nationality." Not what I meant, but I definitely think that her nationality brings a unique aspect to DCC, and the judges recognized that. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Didn't mean to open a can of worms with this! #whoops. I just personally think it is extremely important to have a diverse team, and Yuko adds diversity. She is as they say "world class." Might not be the strongest dancer in the room, but brings other qualities to the team others do not! 

Just realized my previous post could've been taken as "Yuko only made it because of her nationality." Not what I meant, but I definitely think that her nationality brings a unique aspect to DCC, and the judges recognized that. 

You didn't open a can of worms at all. No worries. :) I agree that her nationality adds a unique aspect to the team. I'm just surprised to see her dancing isn't as up to snuff as I assumed it was.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Bulcher, I thought, was GORGEOUS. I was blinded by her gorgeousness so I missed her dance technique. 

Same, she's my #2 all time favorite, just (barely) behind Meredith.

27 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Didn't mean to open a can of worms with this!

No can of worms as far as I'm concerned, I agreed with you :)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I was going to quote your previous post as well because I was wondering at first if I was the only one with such strong opinions on Yuko -at least in that particular clip. I'm not a big fan of Kelsey as a dancer and yet, she's improved SO much and I do think that she has DCC quality potential. Yuko? I just don't get it. I guess you are right that she might as well get cut, but she made the team last year,presumably with more dance issues than what we can see in that clip, without speaking English, having to miss classes... She seems really nice and you're right that she's doing something really scary but I will never understand Yuko making the team.

And honestly? I think Kelsey is going to be cut and Yuko will make the team again. I hope they prove me wrong, but they clearly love Yuko and hate Kelsey. Maybe hate is a strong word, but we all saw how they treated her and how nice and composed she was in return.

Yuko is just proof that no matter what they say, and how many checklists and rubrics appear, they pick whoever they darn well please. Yuko pleases them for whatever reason.

She seems like a lovely girl, and is very pretty, but she does not dance DCC style. I agree with whoever said she looks like a little kid, who doesn't' have full control of her moves, trying to tag along and keep up with her big sisters. That has nothing to do with her size/height either. It's dance maturity.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kelsey is cut and Yuko stays. Might even make show group. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I honestly think that's how Jasmine made it.

I don't know. I think Jasmine's rookie year DCC squad, and TCC class, is the most racially diverse one that the DCC has had since the show started (and IMO, one of the best squads that they've had). I don't think they were straining for diversity that season. I do think the "Danielle and Jasmine are bffs, who quit the NY Jets, and moved all the way to Dallas together" story helped. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Cheerio34 said:

I think you are right, but as others said, this explains why for example Jasmine got her spot. I'm not saying she didn't deserve it because during her first year she did seem to try hard. She was definitely not their stronger performer so I think that having some diversity+her story with Danielle helped her secure her spot. And tbh, I like that they are trying to be more inclusive. But come on, is Yuko the only Asian/Japanese specifically dancer in the US? I'm 100% sure they could find an Asian American who speaks English, has permanent residency and most importantly, can actually dance on DCC level. I know I seem like I'm out to get Yuko, but I just don't get what qualities you think she brings to the team-that's a genuine question, I really do want to get it because it's been bothering me for a while.

@bigskygirl, Kelsey is definitely not special dance-wise, although for her background, her skills are quite impressive. That being said, she has the look, she has the personality, the sex appeal and she definitely wants it so much and is trying to improve. Those are the reasons why I'm comparing her to Yuko; Kelsey imo is way better and even though she lacks in technique, she has that sparkle when she dances and she captures your eye (maybe not if you put her next to Holly or Erica, but she is still good) and yet she was the one who almost got kicked out while Yuko never had an issue during TCC except for the kinda fake visa drama. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think you are right, but as others said, this explains why for example Jasmine got her spot. I'm not saying she didn't deserve it because during her first year she did seem to try hard. She was definitely not their stronger performer so I think that having some diversity+her story with Danielle helped her secure her spot. And tbh, I like that they are trying to be more inclusive. But come on, is Yuko the only Asian/Japanese specifically dancer in the US? I'm 100% sure they could find an Asian American who speaks English, has permanent residency and most importantly, can actually dance on DCC level. I know I seem like I'm out to get Yuko, but I just don't get what qualities you think she brings to the team-that's a genuine question, I really do want to get it because it's been bothering me for a while.

@bigskygirl, Kelsey is definitely not special dance-wise, although for her background, her skills are quite impressive. That being said, she has the look, she has the personality, the sex appeal and she definitely wants it so much and is trying to improve. Those are the reasons why I'm comparing her to Yuko; Kelsey imo is way better and even though she lacks in technique, she has that sparkle when she dances and she captures your eye (maybe not if you put her next to Holly or Erica, but she is still good) and yet she was the one who almost got kicked out while Yuko never had an issue during TCC except for the kinda fake visa drama. 

Okay I agree with some of you guys that diversity is a factor in the DCC hiring decision. But, @dreamcatcher, I don't like the idea of reducing Jasmine (or any WOC DCC) to diversity hires or saying that "it explains why she got her spot". 

Why did you take issue with Jasmine not being the strongest dancer but justified it away with Kelsey having the "look" etc? Jasmine has a DCC "look", "personality", "sex appeal" (and "definitely wanted it and tried hard") just like Kelsey. I think K&J's emphasis on constantly pushing for different looks really underscores that "the DCC look" isn't just bottle-tanned, blonde-haired and blue eyed...

• Love 6
On 08/03/2017 at 11:53 PM, AnnMichele said:

WOW look how great they look! 

I love Maggie and think she is one of the prettiest girls on the team, but I wish they would stop with the black eyeliner alllllllll the way around the eye. /minor nitpick

• Love 4

I mean if Jasmine wasn't that great of a dancer then how'd she get on warriors dance group which is a LOTTTTT harder than DCC style.

2 hours ago, autumdusk said:

Okay I agree with some of you guys that diversity is a factor in the DCC hiring decision. But, @dreamcatcher, I don't like the idea of reducing Jasmine (or any WOC DCC) to diversity hires or saying that "it explains why she got her spot". 

I'm not reducing Jasmine to anything, Jasmine was described MANY times as "clunky" by Kelli, and for a DCC her body always leaned toward "thick."  She was nothing to write home about & I don't understand how she made it except that she had the "diversity" and from NY thing going. By the same token, I also question whether Jinelle would have made it if she weren't from Australia.

Adding:  No way would I say Robin or Khalyn were diversity hires, I think those two are genuinely great

• Love 2

Honestly, I kept ping ponging betweenness Stephanie and the dude behind her. He's amazing! I love watching taller than average peeps do the choreography, because they have a further distance to go when popping up and getting their booties down.  He definitely has some hustle! 

But mostly came to post this screen shot from Erica's Instagram. It's pinky ring time! 

IMG_0553.JPG

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bunny said:

I love Maggie and think she is one of the prettiest girls on the team, but I wish they would stop with the black eyeliner alllllllll the way around the eye. /minor nitpick

The black eyeliner effect is so severe that I wondered if it was a case of bad photoshop.  That or her makeup artist for the cameos.   Either way it takes her big, diamond-blue sparklers and reduces them to a pair of dark-chocolate coated almonds.  Kate Middleton used to have the same eyeliner issue until the British tabloids harped it out of her.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5

I guess in the DCC world variety can be the spice of life. I have nothing against Kelsey personally. I just did not care for the way she was portrayed in Season 11. I guess I have a bad case of Season 11 Kelsey overload just like the Season 8 Morgan overload. It is not either girl's fault, but pushing certain girls on us every season can drive a person to say hey enough CMT!

Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I mean, it's just how it is. And I guess, K&J, mission accomplished. Kelli's the one who's always pushing repping the fan base, and clearly we all have our favorites. Wonder if there's one DCC we all agree on...negative or positive LOL!!! ONE. Brooke Sorenson?

I don't remember her so I can't agree with that one lol

1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

LMAO. Well, that one's out I guess. This is Brooke.

brooke.JPG

yep, still don't remember her lol

Are you fucking serious!?!? Brooke Nix? First season rookie? Blew out her knee? Had to train with Jay to slim down? Kelli asked "Why are her arms big" at auditions? Now coaches the Dolphins Cheerleaders? Ringing a bell?

Sorry for cursing at you. I'm in shock LMAO!!

Honestly I haven't seen the first two seasons, so if she was in those I wouldn't know her.

I just...HEATHERRRZ, for goodness sake. (Said how someone's mom would speak to them)

hahahah I feel like such a bad fan for not seeing those seasons, but they're hard to find.

Brooke was in Seasons 1-5. On the subject of Jasmine...In my opinion, I do not think she would have made the team in Season 7 if nine vets did not  retired after Season 6, five one year vets would not have been cut, and Kelli did not decide of a team of 39 girls instead of 34 girls. I also think Jinelle is a better performer and DCC than Jasmine was. Jinelle is also sweet and down to earth. She did struggle at first because she looked too thin and needed a serious makeover, but she brought everything together and came out better and stronger.

I mean, it's just how it is. And I guess, K&J, mission accomplished. Kelli's the one who's always pushing repping the fan base, and clearly we all have our favorites. Wonder if there's one DCC we all agree on...negative or positive LOL!!! ONE. Brooke Sorenson?

I doubt we'll be able to come up with any universally loved former or current DCCs, but trying to think of some of the most well loved ones since the show started, off the top of my head...Nicole Hamilton, Ashton Torres, Whitney Isleib. I would add Abigail to this list, but I feel like I've seen a lot of people saying lately that they never thought she was all that (which blows my mind but I'm willing to move past our differences... ?).

Oh and of course Cassie Trammell. Duh!

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Alyssa Torres is one of my favorite former DCCs. Yes, I do think being Ashton's sister did help her make the team, but she did have a lot of potential in my books. It was sad she did struggle with her weight and had a bad interview. I thought she was better than a few of the rookies from Season 7 aka Kali, Jasmine, Teri, Colin and Kim. On the same token, I thought Kali, Jasmine, Teri, Colin and Kim were a lot better than Season 8 Morgan and Kaitlyn LaRue.

54 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I doubt we'll be able to come up with any universally loved former or current DCCs, but trying to think of some of the most well loved ones since the show started, off the top of my head...Nicole Hamilton, Ashton Torres, Whitney Isleib. I would add Abigail to this list, but I feel like I've seen a lot of people saying lately that they never thought she was all that (which blows my mind but I'm willing to move past our differences... ?).

Oh and of course Cassie Trammell. Duh!

Not true, cause I like Cassie and I know a couple others do lol