Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I hope Ashley P makes it back, she's one of my favorites. I wouldn't exactly miss Caila, I don't see the Wow in her, neither in looks nor in her dancing. But she seems to be practicing a lot, so just by going by that I think she would deserve it. You don't see that much of Breelan and Ashley practicing.

I also hope Danielle makes it back without any trouble and that none of the (few) returning vets put on that much weight before auditions. If they really started being super strict at auditions they could end up with only a really small group of vets left.

I don't think they'll cut a lot of Vets in finals for weight unless they have Vets to spare, so to speak.  I think weight gain is always an issue and an ongoing one at that. It's not many girls who can stay as slim as they are at 18 or 19 when they're 24, 25 and upward. It gets a lot harder to stay slim. When I hear Kelli and Judy saying, "I'm not going into Training Camp talking to them about their weight," I just roll my eyes. Of course they're going to.

My fav DDCs are Nicole and Veronica (apparently they're both retiring), Ashley P (just something about her I like) and Danielle. 

• Love 1

Do you guys think that some of our fav veterans may not be retiring, just not going on the shoot this year because of they are attending or in the wedding this weekend? I'm still holding out hope that my fav Brittney isn't retiring...ha ha. She mentioned the wedding on social media. The shoot is at a different time this year, right? 

Brittney could be skipping due to the wedding...goodness knows they have plenty of amazing bikini pictures of the woman. However, not being in the 2016 sideline calendar vote is the telling sign.

I'm sad that so many of my favorites are retiring this year. So happy that Holly, Kelsey, Jenna, Jennifer, Kinzie, Jasmine, Danielle, and Jacie are returning.  Ashley P is a new favorite of mine as well.

I am really looking forward to this re-building season!! Should be exciting!!!

Edited by nmvrn

I really am surprised that Samantha is possible retiring. I thought she would be around for awhile. I like Brittney too, and she will be missed if she does retire.

As far as last season Rookies. I was never that impressed with Loren or Caila's dancing skills. Also, Victoria, Breelan and Ashley P. seem a bit boring but I would hope that K&J did wake up their "Wow", so they can make the team again. IMO Lacey, Erica, Mary, Melissa and Courtney are the best out of the group!

It's weird that we all perceive people differently! I didn't like Rookie Courtney last year very much. She seemed whiny to me.  I think I liked Victoria, but we didn't get to see much of anything about her during S9.  She was kinda tossed in at the end of the show, so we didn't get to see any of her training camp performances much. I hope Ashley P was able to shed her nerves and gather up her confidence, become the DCC I think she can be.

I really like Brittany too, but thought when she was called in for weight during the S9 show she seemed tired of the whole thing. So I'm not surprised if she's retiring.

I really like Brittany too, but thought when she was called in for weight during the S9 show she seemed tired of the whole thing. So I'm not surprised if she's retiring.

Could be the same reason Veronica is retiring.

I hope Ashley P makes it back, she's one of my favorites. I wouldn't exactly miss Caila, I don't see the Wow in her, neither in looks nor in her dancing. But she seems to be practicing a lot, so just by going by that I think she would deserve it. You don't see that much of Breelan and Ashley practicing.

I also hope Danielle makes it back without any trouble and that none of the (few) returning vets put on that much weight before auditions. If they really started being super strict at auditions they could end up with only a really small group of vets left.

I totally agree on your comments regarding Caila. Maybe she practices a lot because she realizes she is behind on technique skills compared to some of the other DCC. However, it would be a shame if she does all of that practicing and still gets cut.

Also, looking back at S9 and getting a glimpse of Breelan's finals costume, I really hope she chooses something better this year that is more appealing to her body type. I really like Breelan and I think she is a pretty girl, but I can't help but wonder if she made the DCC because her mom is connected in the Texas Cheer world.

I have mixed feelings about Ashley P...the jury is still out. However, I can say she better BRING IT at finals!

Ashley's body type isn't necessarily my favorite, and her dancing is pretty mediocre, but she is really charismatic on the sidelines and always has a bright smile. I hope she makes it back.

Watching Breelan dancing on the sidelines is painful. I know it's a long game, but at least the other girls still look energetic and have big smiles. Breelan looks bored, lifeless, and miserable every time they put her on the jumbotron. Given her weak dancing/showmanship along with her weight gain, I would be shocked if they selected her back on the squad when they cut Hannah (who was a great technical dancer).

Rookie-wise, my faves are Erica and Lacey and see them being group leaders/point candidates very soon.

I'm sure people are going to be discussing every instagram/twitter photo about the DCC's on the shoot today confirming who and who is not returning..I'll just say this: the 2015/2016 squad should be interesting.

According to the group pic on Twitter the only people that are trying out again are kinzie Lacey jasmine Melissa Erica veronica(rookie) Kelsey holly Breelan Calia Jacie Loren Jenn K Paige Jenna Ashley P Danielle and Jessica M!!

This sucks that all of those awesome vets are retiring and rookie courtney I loved her

Could be the same reason Veronica is retiring.

I'd bet money that weight factors into both of them retiring. It's just almost impossible to maintain that DCC weight and have any other kind of life that doesn't revolve around working out 23/7 and dieting, especially if you're body type carries more weight in the chest/abs/upper body. I don't blame them for retiring instead of being embarrassed by being cut at finals. I'd do the same thing if I were them. 

Take a look at the Blake Shelton performance in the media thread. In motion, Brittany does look a little thicker than DCC standards, and Veronica was embarassed on the show for weight gain. I'm surprised Danielle is reauditioning. I like all three of them, but those DCC standards are what they are.

From the pictures on twitter I have put a list of the girls who went to Mexico for the shoot today:

Rookies: Melissa, Erica, Mary, Breelan, Victoria, Ashley, Caila, Loren, Lacey

Two year vets: Jinelle, Jennifer, Paige, Ashley

Three year vets: Jasmine, Danielle, Jessica, Kelsey, Jacie, Kinzie, Jenna

Four year vets: Holly

no pictures of Rachel, Angela or Courtney

1 four year vet    7 three year vets  4 two year vets   9 one year rookies   21 girls trying out again.  No idea about Angela, Rachel, and Courtney.   Rachel was shown during swimsuit fittings.  Angela and Courtney were in the selection pictures for the 2016 Sideline Calendar.  Looks like at least twelve girls will not be trying out again.

According to the group pic on Twitter the only people that are trying out again are kinzie Lacey jasmine Melissa Erica veronica(rookie) Kelsey holly Breelan Calia Jacie Loren Jenn K Paige Jenna Ashley P Danielle and Jessica M!!

This sucks that all of those awesome vets are retiring and rookie courtney I loved her

Jinelle is pictured at the airport but does not appear in the group photo.

From the pictures on twitter I have put a list of the girls who went to Mexico for the shoot today:

Rookies: Melissa, Erica, Mary, Breelan, Victoria, Ashley, Caila, Loren, Lacey

Two year vets: Jinelle, Jennifer, Paige, Ashley

Three year vets: Jasmine, Danielle, Jessica, Kelsey, Jacie, Kinzie, Jenna

Four year vets: Holly

no pictures of Rachel, Angela or Courtney

1 four year vet 7 three year vets 4 two year vets 9 one year rookies 21 girls trying out again. No idea about Angela, Rachel, and Courtney. Rachel was shown during swimsuit fittings. Angela and Courtney were in the selection pictures for the 2016 Sideline Calendar. Looks like at least twelve girls will not be trying out again.

Between fittings and sideline vote pics I came up with 24 returning vets as well.

Edited by Lorimar263

I can see Brittany, Sydney, Nicole, and Emma becoming All-Stars.

Imo, Breelan, Ashley P., and Caila might be on the bubble at finals. They barely made it on the team. Six weeks until tryouts begin.

I can see Brittany, Sydney, Nicole, and Emma becoming All-Stars.

Imo, Breelan, Ashley P., and Caila might be on the bubble at finals. They barely made it on the team. Six weeks until tryouts begin.

Kelli always says she wants to see vets come back stronger and better than the previous year.  If those 3 don't improve they might find themselves in the same shoes that Courtni, Morgan, and Alex were in last year. I also remember Kelli saying to Judy they were not going to take vets that are out of shape (ex: Hannah) into TC anymore. Will be interesting to see if they follow through with it this year.

Edited by MrsEVH

Courtney may still be trying out since she was the Sideline Calendar shoot pictures for the next year calendar. Did something happen with Angela, Rachel and Courtney from going on the swimsuit calendar shoot or did they change their minds about trying out? I guess we will find out in six weeks when auditions start.

Nicole, Brittany, and Jordan went to Jennifer's wedding in Florida. Jordan posted this on her instagram account.    https://instagram.com/p/0gVxOTGNZT/?taken-by=jordan_daigle      And is the woman in the peach or pink dress taking pictures or filming Jennifer walking down the aisle former DCC Natalie Woods. Sure looks like her.

I'm wondering why Courtney wod go through so much to only stay for a year?

Wasn't she from out of state?  Florida?   Plus she was trying to support herself and had difficulty keeping up with the demands of a job and training camp.    There's always the possibility of a relationship elsewhere.

Wasn't she from out of state?  Florida?   Plus she was trying to support herself and had difficulty keeping up with the demands of a job and training camp.    There's always the possibility of a relationship elsewhere.

She's from Florida and was a Bucs cheerleader. From what I remember she was a pharmaceutical (sp?) rep and was on the road a lot of hours each day.

RE: Jordan's video of Jennifer's wedding: That looks like Natalie to me. I checked out her Facebook and the guy with her looks like her husband.

Edited by MrsEVH

Yeah but Courtney gave up her job in TC. She said DCC was more important. Just seems like a lot, to move from out of state and give up a good job to only stay for a year: but maybe she has a relationship back in FL? Anyway, I like Courtney so I hope she comes back.

Regarding Courtney, it just seems like being a DCC was too much for her and she couldn't really handle it. From work to keeping her weight in check, it seems to me that she bit off more than she could chew and it just wasn't worth it to go through it again..

Anyone know why Rookie season Courtney might not come back? She was in the sidelines pictures. What problems has she been having this past year?

To me it seems like a TON of Vets are retiring this year. That's going to make a very Rookie squad for the 2015 season.

Yes, former DCC Natalie Woods was at Jennifer's wedding.      https://instagram.co...y=jordan_daigle

I hope Jordan's dress just looks washed out in those pics and she didn't actually wear a white dress to someone else's wedding!!

It would be cool if no veterans got cut this year.  That hasn't happened for a long time.

I am surprised that it appears that rookie Courtney is not trying out again.  It seems like she really put a lot of effort into making the team this past year.  I don't think this is the case, but I wonder if you can say that you are returning to tryout again but you aren't going to do the calendar shoot. I doubt that is what is going on though.

I does look like Samantha is retiring which is a bummer. I wonder if she graduating college this year and looking to move on to bigger and better things? 

Edited by iloveit

Yes, this is the picture.  The girls in the picture are Jenna, Lacey, Ashley N, Jasmine, Melissa, Erica or Victoria, Danielle, Jacie, Jinelle, Rachel, and Breelan.

I can figure out who is in the picture, but I cannot remember what I need to pick up at the store. I guess I really need to get a life. *lol*

Yeah but Courtney gave up her job in TC. She said DCC was more important. Just seems like a lot, to move from out of state and give up a good job to only stay for a year: but maybe she has a relationship back in FL? Anyway, I like Courtney so I hope she comes back.

Might be a case of been there, done that.   I think it's an incredible time commitment, it sounds like it becomes your entire life for very little pay.  If her life is centered elsewhere, it makes sense to move on rather than give up another year of developing a career or relationship.

• Love 1

@bigskygirl is this the pic? Eyes are playing tricks on me and I can't really tell who all is in the pic

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/579804433162190849

When i first saw the above pic i was thinking to myself, wow Danielle's arm is skinny, she must have lost weight! Good for her!  So i went to her twitter to see if I could get any more evidence.  Turns out it must have been the lighting or she just has skinny arms, because she looks like a large human in this picture.  i don't know what else to say.  not fat, just not skinny.  normal person, not dcc person i think is what i'm trying to say.

https://twitter.com/DCC_Judy/status/579983836773097473/photo/1

Edited by ThreaLevelMidnight

There is a photo of Danielle on her twitter page. The pose is bad and makes her look thicker in the middle. I think she looks good with some curves. I would hate for her to be cut for weight this year.

So far no pictures of Angela or Courtney in Mexico. Jennifer answered a question on twitter about who goes on the calendar shoot. Girls who are returning aka trying out again go on the shoot. So if Angela or Courtney are not in Mexico, they are not re-auditioning again.

Could someone please post the one Danielle picture. I tried to do it, but I could not get it to work.

To be honest about it, I hate the way they take pictures of the girls. Too much touch ups, bad posing, or bad swimsuit selections. These girls are cute in their own way, so show it in the pictures. 

Angela and Courtney were in the sideline shots. Maybe they are hiding in the rose bushes in Mexico while waiting for their photo shoot time. Sorry, I am tired after a long day and a few hours of sleep.