Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Triangle bikini top are push up naturally i am not going to start accusing breelan of a boob job  yet  .

I think erica is returning her flight got delayed

i don't understand why samantha would retire she is one of the best girls

Last year Angela was out of the country during the swimsuit fittings for her wedding, and she still went on the calendar shoot. Abby and Erica may not have made it back in time because of a two hour delay. I am hoping Samantha and Jacie are not leaving the team. The girls would have to have a really good reason for not making it to the swimsuit fittings.

I thought Courtney would definitely come back, she seemed so dedicated, she has been posting almost no DCC stuff lately though, but she did post something about dissapointments.. Difficult to say though, she might still come back..

I'd be sad if none of the girls mentioned returned, it's a big group.

I guess we will find out in two weeks when the returning girls go on the calendar shoot. I cannot believe tryouts will be in two months. Samantha has not posted on her twitter account since last October, and she did go on the USO tour last December. I thought she would be a five year girl and an All-Star.

Season 6 team had seventeen rookies (half the squad,) and Season 7 had nineteen? rookies (almost half the squad.)

I thought Courtney would definitely come back, she seemed so dedicated, she has been posting almost no DCC stuff lately though, but she did post something about dissapointments.. Difficult to say though, she might still come back..

I'd be sad if none of the girls mentioned returned, it's a big group.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised it she didn't come back. It seemed like it was just too much for her..to me anyway..

(edited)

Courtney was one of the top rookies , i guess i didn't notice that she was missing it will be a shame if Caila/Ashley/Breelan make it back and she didn't

Edited by mmm

If I recall correctly, last year swimsuit fittings took place over 2 days, so hopefully some of the DCC mentioned above will still be auditioning next year.  I took Brittney's post to indicate that she's not going to fittings at all, and is therefore retiring.  Argh!! She's one of my favorites.  I kind of expect Veronica might retire, after a year or more of weight struggles, but I really hope she doesn't--another of my faves.  Katy Marie recently posted that she's currently got her dream job of cheering for the Cowboys, so I hope that's a sign that, even though she's getting married in the near future, that she's not ready to retire.  She's such a great performer, and just radiates a charming sweetness that I think is really from her and not just how pretty she is.  I'm with others who are hoping that Sydney comes back for one more year.   I rooted for her her rookie season, and have been a fan since.  I also hope that Jacie, Samantha, Erica, and Jessica re-audition.  Happy to see Kinzie, Holly, Jenna, Melissa, Jinelle, and Kelsey returning!  

As for Breelan, I definitely do not think she's had a boob job.  I noticed last year that the girl was pretty stacked at age 18, and they appear natural--there's not that cleavage separation that often comes from implants.  I think she's just "blessed," and has some good push-up bikini tops on.

Let's not rule out the fact that Samantha could have been missing due to it being during the day, on a school day. I really hope she doesn't retire, she is amazingly talented and a fan favorite.

With all the vets that are for sure retiring, I really hope we can somehow bring in some amazing rookies... Although the remaining girls are great, most of them just don't scream "elite" to me.

I hope Samantha comes back. She is adorable and a great dancer. Three year vet Jennifer is getting married in two weeks from today, so I am thinking she will not be trying out. Erica is also adorable and has a lot of talent.

(edited)

Is there a certain time when the girls can say if they're retiring or auditioning again?  Like if they're asked on twitter by fans.

Edited by MrsEVH

Good question. I have seen some girls say they will retire after making the team again, during the season, at the last home game or playoff game, or before the swimsuit calendar shoot.

Does a girl have to tell Kelli and Judy she changed her mind about leaving the team before swimsuit fittings and calendar shoot?

Melissa Rycroft changed her mind that she didn't want to retire before the swimsuit trip but Kelly said she couldn't go.  She still went to practice and then quit for good before auditions, she blamed the "mean girls" treating her bad.    She then went on The Bachelor and the rest is history.    This was in her book.

I can see Judy, Kelli, and Charlotte coming close to blowing a gasket if a girl decides not to reaudition right before finals unless it is for a serious reason especially after she went on the calendar shoot. I do not think the so-called mean girls, and I want to get back with my boyfriend again would be considered good enough reason to quit and come back again a few times.

(edited)

Didn't Brandy Kilby quit right before auditions, she went on to audition for the LA Lakers.    

I thought they told Melissa that she would have to start at round 1 because she didn't notify them in time.

Edited by Jennifer J

Ten days to calendar shoot. I say Nicole, three year vet Ashley, and three year vet Jennifer will not be trying out again. Jennifer is getting married on 3/21.

Three year vet Ashley Marie confirmed on her instagram she is retiring. I think Nicole also announced retiring on her twitter. Haven't heard anything about Jennifer Alexis yet.

Edited by MrsEVH

I believe Emma, Angela and Jessica A (2nd year Vet) are retiring. Emma and Jessica A are engaged. I think I saw somewhere that Katy and Veronica are retiring too. I will really miss all of them.

I don't understand why would they take prep classes  they give them a lot technique & dance classes in off- season. But if you are just a regular girl whose trying out the next year and there a bunch of DCC taking the class wouldn't you be pissed ,  they already know the dances that are being taught there , it's really intimidating if it's me i wouldn't be able to learn anything and would probably look for prep another class and i think it's bad for business IMO if i am Kelly i wouldn't not allow DCC to take the classes.

I may be wrong, but I think the try-out dance performed on the field at finals is new to everyone, firsties and vets alike. It would be odd if the vets knew the dance and newbies not.  Of course, there appears to be a couple weeks between semis and finals, and we've seen it on DCC:MTT that everyone goes to prep classes in between, so it looks like the newbies (as well as the vets) work on the routine during the classes. Does anyone know about that?

Vets need to try out again every year to make sure they're still "on their game" as one vets said, and we know some returning vets get out-danced by new candidates and don't make the team again. The talent pool changes every year. I think the vets have as much right to prep classes as those candidates coming in for the fist, second or fourth (however many) time. At the end of each season the vets hand in their uniforms and have to earn it back again. So they're going to do what they need to in order to get back on the team. They need to keep up their skills so they make it back again.

Edited by Kaedee

I believe Emma, Angela and Jessica A (2nd year Vet) are retiring. Emma and Jessica A are engaged. I think I saw somewhere that Katy and Veronica are retiring too. I will really miss all of them.

Does anyone know if the DCC tumblr blog is official? They're doing a thing where they're featuring retiring vets, and have done a tribute to Nicole and now Veronica. I haven't seen anyone else featured yet, but wanted to know if this was a legit blog.

http://thedccblog.tumblr.com/

That's what I don't get, they seem to keep it a big secret except for a couple of girls. I've seen so many people asking the girls or Kelli or Judy if they are or who is retiring and no one is willing to answer... Why is that? It's not like they do a big segment on who is retiring on the show, so why keep people guessing? Especially if you have a show like MTT the cheerleaders are kind of like celebrities and the fans want to know what's going on..

Edited by Preity

It would be nice to know who is retiring, because on MTT vets aren't featured much. So often it's hard to see which vets are still there and which aren't. I wouldn't mind if the show focused at least a little on the vets trying out again as well as the promising rookies. 

I may be wrong, but I think the try-out dance performed on the field at finals is new to everyone, firsties and vets alike. It would be odd if the vets knew the dance and newbies not.  Of course, there appears to be a couple weeks between semis and finals, and we've seen it on DCC:MTT that everyone goes to prep classes in between, so it looks like the newbies (as well as the vets) work on the routine during the classes. Does anyone know about that?

Vets need to try out again every year to make sure they're still "on their game" as one vets said, and we know some returning vets get out-danced by new candidates and don't make the team again. The talent pool changes every year. I think the vets have as much right to prep classes as those candidates coming in for the fist, second or fourth (however many) time. At the end of each season the vets hand in their uniforms and have to earn it back again. So they're going to do what they need to in order to get back on the team. They need to keep up their skills so they make it back again.

It's the same routine that the rookies learned at semi-finals.   They show them practicing it with Kitty Carter before finals, along with their solos.   In previous years they have shown the vets practicing it in the studio before finals.

You'd think it would be featured on Twitter who is retiring. They did a nice job covering the swimsuit fittings Friday.

2012 a website that was covering the auditions released a list of all the retires and interviews asking them why are they retiring i wish we will get that this especially since there are so many people retiring out of no where.

So next year will be a take what we can get year because they hit a low. Most of the top girls are leaving. :( But tbh most of them "peaked" early and already experienced practically all dcc had to offer. Next year: Holly will be #1 GL as she is the senior leader. Jenna (and Kelsey?) will be seconds. Jennifer K. will move up to "Emma's" spot in the triangle. Think Melissa will move way up in the formation as well. Maybe Jasmine will finally make show group (she really wants it)?

Hasn't Angela been in two "retirement" pics (last yr and this yr)? Someone talks her into staying every year or what? Maybe a subtle promise of accolades??

Edited by pink317

I don't think next year they will take what they can get , in 2011/2012 the has a lot openings and the girls from those rookie classes are were almost all great ! The only thing that this might end up saving some of on the edge 2014 rookies ( Caila should thank her lucky stars)

Edited by mmm

MTT6 had strength but didnt 5-6 rookies get cut the next year? That kinda screams "we needed to fill 14 spots"

I'm very sad about Samantha. I was confused by her back story and never understood why someone who was trying to get into Julliard would be pom dancing.

Just voted on the girls to go in the sideline calendar.  Only less than 3 complete pages of girls.  It is clear who is not coming back by the lack of selection.  Will miss Sidney.

Yeah, I was surprised by how few pictures of vets were featured. There wouldn't be, like, 15 vets retiring, would there? That would be a mass exodus of veterans! It seemed most of the pictures up for voting were of '14-'15 year rookies.  I didn't see Abbey, Brittney, Emma, Holly, Kinzie, Nicole, Samantha, Sydney, Veronica, Katy, Ashley H or Jessica M, I think. Some may be there that I missed, but that's a BIG retiring class.

Looking through the swimsuit fitting pictures... Man is it just me or does Breelan look like she has gained about 10 pounds? I'm glad to see Caila lost that weight she gained during the season and is back to her audition weight. But then again it seems like Caila is always in some sort of dance prep class/workshop

It does seem like a lot of girls are retiring!

I didn't see Abby, Brittney, Emma, Nicole, Samantha, Sydney, Veronica, Katy, Ashley F, Jessica M, Jordan, Jennifer E and maybe Jennifer K (I'm not sure if one of the pictures I saw was her or Victoria. They look alike). That's at least 12 girls, meaning 1/3 of next year's team will be new. I think Sydney should have gone for 10 years. She's only 24/25 and still looks good. She could have done it.

For group leaders next year I think it will be: Holly, Jacie, Angela, and Jennifer K (if she's not retiring)

For Seconds: Kelsey, Jenna, Jinelle, and Kinzie

Maybe some of the Vets haven't decided if they're retiring or not. I know Angela was going to retire a couple of times and changed her mind.  It's only March. Maybe some of the Vets are still considering the next season. Since they couldn't say for sure whether they were coming back, they weren't eligible for the sidelines calendar.

Maybe.....?

Nicole and three year vet Ashley have announced they will be leaving at the end of the season.. Three year vet Jennifer is getting married on 3/21, the first day of the calendar shoot. Unless she made a deal with K and J about getting married, not going on the calendar shoot, but she still can tryout again, I think she will not be coming back. Kelli has said more than once about the girls going on calendar shoot or can be chosen for next year's sideline calendar will be trying out again. I do remember a two year vet in Season 6 quitting right before finals because she was pregnant. I also cannot see a girl going up to Judy and Kelli and saying I want to try out again a few days before they leave for calendar shoot. They will not be too pleased about it (unless they have a really good reason for doing so.)

Season six had seventeen rookies (half the team) after a number of vets left, Olivia S. was cut at finals, and Kaitlyn L. was cut at the end of training camp. Season 7 had 19 rookies after five one year vets were cut at finals, and I think eight or nine vets retired from season 6.

I cannot picture Jasmine making Show Group. She is an okay dancer, blends in, and she may make only because Kelli and Judy like her singing. I think Danielle may have a shot at it. I also think a few one year girls may be on the bubble this year. And no offense to Ashley P, but I think she may have put on some weight in her midsection. She looks good, imo, but the judges may not think so.

Ashley P will definitely be on the bubble for dance IMO. As will Breelan. They already have one strike against them.

I kinda wish Sydney would've gone for the record!

Jennifer K isn't retiring. She's on the DCC FB page trying on swimsuits. I know it's Jennifer Alexis who's getting married but someone mentioned not being sure if they saw JK in the sidelines photos

Edited by Elizabeth9

Ashley P has always had a softer middle. If you watch MTT S9 you notice that. She's definitely not one of the 6-pack girls. From the bikini shots she doesn't look like she's put on any weight. The one who looked like she had a bit was Melissa, but I think that was just the angle of the camera.

The ones I think would be in jeopardy would be Breelan and Caila.  Caila has always been inconsistent and if they weren't able to wake up Breelan's "wow," she might not be back.  JMO, but I think Ashley P will be safe. Judy didn't care for her because she wasn't a dancer. But she won over Kelli and Kitty, has an unusual look and she's a gymnast, a tumbler. They need tumblers on the team because they use them in half-time shows to top the pyramids.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1