Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Love Cersten and Maddie in that video.  

Are running shorts the new trend for dance class attire?  If so, I approve, cute and sporty.  

Step away from the bleach Jenna, you are a dark-haired beauty, and the blonde just looks unnatural.

Yess, the bleach does not look cute. The haircut yes but a no to the blonde.

16 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yall, I've been sleeping on Cersten. She reminds me of Mia a bit and she's killing it in that video. I hope her Med schools plan work out, but if she decided to try out again I ain't even mad. 

haha SAME.  I sometimes forget about her but she is awesome and so much fun to watch! 

8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yess, the bleach does not look cute. The haircut yes but a no to the blonde.

it almost looks...grey? not a fan either but i'm all for people trying something new to get a fresh start on things.  the cut is adorable! 

Can a DCC jump the shark, so to speak?  

In the past I have noticed that a DCC might be among my favorites, and then something subtle happens - a perceived narcissism, a seeming insecurity, the appearance of a little too much cosmetic work, less fitness, or just an overall loss of vitality, enthusiasm, or freshness - and they are no longer a favorite.  

I wonder if this happens for Judy and Kelli also.  It must be hard to have a fresh crop of girls always coming up behind you.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3

I think Danielle will get vet of year if it's the girls voting ... she seems very loved by all.  Jenn is just a better ambassador and so well spoken.

As for point, Erica is beautiful but is she a good performer?  She seems like she could be one of those stunning girls who's a great dancer but may not be powerful enough for the front?  Dunno.  I think Melissa (while sometimes a bit thick) seems to shine and of course Holly is a great performer (even though I can't stand the "I'm so sexy, look at me, I'm so great" facials)

4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yall, I've been sleeping on Cersten. She reminds me of Mia a bit and she's killing it in that video. I hope her Med schools plan work out, but if she decided to try out again I ain't even mad. 

4 hours ago, California Girl said:

Can a DCC jump the shark, so to speak?  

In the past I have noticed that a DCC might be among my favorites, and then something subtle happens - a perceived narcissism, a seeming insecurity, the appearance of a little too much cosmetic work, less fitness, or just an overall loss of vitality, enthusiasm, or freshness - and they are no longer a favorite.  

Past examples of DCC who have jts for me include Brittney Schram and Kelsey Bond.  (I won't mention any current DCC who have, in my opinion, jumped the shark, but I will say that some of the announced retirements come at a good time.)

I wonder if this happens for Judy and Kelli also.  It must be hard to have a fresh crop of girls always coming up behind you.

Yes. I'll say it. JENNA. Her new cut is cute, the color looks ash grey. 

4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Absolutely agree! I love Cersten. Somebody posted they thought she was a mean girl in high school, so she doesn't get much love, but seriously. HIGH SCHOOL. That was at least 5 years ago. If she was mean girl (no real proof), that doesn't mean she is now. People do stupid things in high school, and sometimes are perceived as snotty or mean, when they're just introverted or straight forward.

That video = ERICA! When I stopped watching Cersten and realized Erica was back there being all low key in sweat pants........ERICA FOR POINT!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Jenna lightened and cut her hair.  New look for retirement?  I think it looks so cute!

I like the less frenetic choreography of this particular routine.  It is cutesy and engaging, without looking like someone might throw out a disk, or torque a knee.  Madeline is such a "light" dancer, she doesn't stomp and smash these routines into the ground, rather she brings them up and moves them around effortlessly -- like she is dancing on air.  It is really refreshing. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I like the less frenetic choreography of this particular routine.  It is cutesy and engaging, without looking like someone might throw out a disk, or torque a knee.  Madeline is such a "light" dancer, she doesn't stomp and smash these routines into the ground, rather she brings them up and moves them around effortlessly -- like she is dancing on air.  It is really refreshing. 

Yeah Jenna annoyed me in the clip. She was almost like Holly - too over the top.  Chill girl chill .. we know you cute and sassy, no need to throw it up all over our faces

• Love 1
22 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I was wondering this but about whether it's usually someone who is retiring. Has a VOTY come back?

I think Jackie Bob got VOTY in Season 7, and she came back again for her fifth year. Season 8 Lauren was VOTY, and in Season 9 Nicole was VOTY.

29 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

moving tasha discussion here @RazzleberryPie she's posted a few insta and snap stories about the lipstick line, I forgot what it's called. Lipsense maybe?

Lipsense rep here loud and proud! The stuff doesn't budge. Not surprised she's a fan (or a distributor?) and that all the other girls don't use it yet. 

• Love 3
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Lipsense rep here loud and proud! The stuff doesn't budge. Not surprised she's a fan (or a distributor?) and that all the other girls don't use it yet. 

There were some cute colors, I'm not into lippy stuff like most other girls are but she had some cute colors shown in her story. I thought she had her own line with lipsense but probably not. She does love her lipstick lol

The DCC uniform is one of the only ones that doesn't look like a carbon copy of another team's with different colors.

I don't like Jenna's hair color at all. I think she could probably carry a blondish color, but it just looks gray. There's also something Holly-ish about her dancing in that video. I usually find her to be one of the more natural dancers, but she's just doing too much in that clip. 

I been a Cersten fan since they posted the fan videos from tryouts and she was basically the ONLY one who looked like she knew what she was doing. 

• Love 2
Just now, heatherrrrz said:

The DCC uniform is one of the only ones that doesn't look like a carbon copy of another team's with different colors.

Right? Also, some of the other teams are similar styles to DCC's practice uniform (stylized sports bra and hot pants). 

Just now, AnnMichele said:

Right? Also, some of the other teams are similar styles to DCC's practice uniform (stylized sports bra and hot pants). 

I think DCC is one of the only ones I love. Patriots cheerleaders are cute too, but a lot of the time it's too cold and they're wearing pants and a jacket to cheer.

Just now, AnnMichele said:

Colts and Texans look ok, the rest look the same.

8 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Look how cute Jennifer is with the other PBCs! The DCC uniform is, by far, my favorite NFL cheerleader uniform. 

LOL at that guy photobombing. 

1 hour ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Huh, I didn't realize the Lions had cheerleaders. They used to do what the Packers do and just invite local high school teams.

They had an unofficial team for several years (like the Giants) until this season when they became official! I'm sure it's really special for the girl selected being the first in their history. 

2 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Look how cute Jennifer is with the other PBCs! The DCC uniform is, by far, my favorite NFL cheerleader uniform. 

Jennifer looks great, her good nature and professional demeanor shine through in those photos.  What an excellent representative she has been for the DCC all these years, and I hope she continues to work for the organization as I can see her being groomed as an eventual replacement for Kelli or Judy.  Yes(!), the DCC uniform is far-and-away the most distinctive, standout, and (as Kelli would say) iconic of the bunch.  My only negative comment is that while Jenn may be the most fit, and the best dancer, of the NFL cheerleaders pictured, she does not have the most beautiful figure of the group.    

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JayDKay said:

The DCC blue sure does stand out! Jenn looks great. The Texans cheerleaders is STUNNING!! I also like their uniform. Its understated but the red and navy go well together!

Jenn does look great, and I really like the Rams uniform, speaking of blue standing out. It's really pretty. Broncos are probably my next fave, because the pants are different.

7 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

I like the Colts and the Broncos outfits because they're different.  I also kind of like the Bucs outfits.

What team is the gold uniform for?  That poor girl disappears into those rocks, it's like she isn't even there.

Also, I wish go-go boots were banned.  

Edited by ClosetBachJunkie
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

I like the Colts and the Broncos outfits because they're different.  I also kind of like the Bucs outfits.

What team is the gold uniform for?  That poor girl disappears into those rocks, it's like she isn't even there.

Saints, they have a black uniform as well but I guess she/they chose gold. 

I don't understand why all the teams wear those boots? They're absolutely hideous, the only teams the high boots make sense on are the Southern teams, cos you know, cowboys n that. Some of those girls may as well be wearing bikinis, I thought the DCC uniform was small ? (I literally follow no other teams or cheerleaders, so ever year I'm shocked/horrified at how ugly all the other uniforms are LOL) 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

The gold uniform is the Saints PBC. There's a  fleur-de-lis on the center of her top. 

Look at Stephanie killing it in Stephanie and Michelle's dance classes! I hope she stays on the team for a while. She's a great dancer!

Also spotted: Caila in the first video and Erica and former TCC's, Whitney and Sheridan, in the second video. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 4

Love Steph!  She really is such a great dancer and so powerful! 

Sheridan is da cutesttttt <3  I sure hope she does try out again!! And Caila is looking good. 

Who is the girl in the first vid behind Steph, next to Hunter, who did the trick at the beginning? She is really fun to watch too! 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Sheridan is da cutesttttt <3  I sure hope she does try out again!! And Caila is looking good. 

Who is the girl in the first vid behind Steph, next to Hunter, who did the trick at the beginning? She is really fun to watch too! 

Was it Ashley?

32 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Looks a bit like Grace Sells?? Maybe Caila will post a video and tag whoever she is. 

Btw Jennifer is taking over Dallas Cowboys Snapchat (@dallascowboys) at PB today. 

Edited by AnnMichele

Stephanie Larson is, to me, the opposite of a "jumped the shark" DCC.  Every year she seems to get better and better, and more and more likeable.  I think she is a standout now for sure.  Maybe she could be an assistant group leader, or in the triangle, in next year's squad?

• Love 6

Here's a new analogy.

The DCC are the moon reflecting the light of the sun that is the Dallas Cowboys.

Like the phases of the moon itself, each individual DCC is either on the wax (getting better, stronger, more likeable, talented, mature, engaged, polished, and beautiful with each year), or on the wane (not).  

After one waning year on the squad, a DCC should gracefully retire, because there won't be two.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

They had an unofficial team for several years (like the Giants) until this season when they became official! I'm sure it's really special for the girl selected being the first in their history. 

Current DCC Danielle was on the Giants Unofficials after she was a Jets cheerleader and before she made the DCC.

12353_555493294495320_548740487_n.jpg?oh
Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Did anyone else see Erica's instagram post last night with the comment "Dont cry because it's over, smile because it happened" caption? I really hope she's not retiring, she's my FAVORITE! 

oh wow ... I thought she was referring to a relationship or something.  She can't retire! 

• Love 1

Someone remind Erica that she's not allowed to retire please. KThanks. I don't really think she is, I'm trying to hold on to hope that those taking dance classes/prepping for calendar are  planning to return. 

• Love 1