Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Attention seekers (particularly those in comp dance) tend to somehow always mis-time things or "forget" what the predecided pose was when being photographed in a group. The end result being a photo or video where they stand out from the crowd of other girls cause they are doing something different than everyone else. Yeah, it could have been a complete accident and holly (a perfect technical dancer who probably never doesn't know what count it is) just messed up - but since she seems to be that type of attention seeking girl to me already, I'm gonna go with it was on purpose ;).

• Love 2

Lacey is talented and lovely, but I think Jennifer will be point girl. I just hope Jennifer has not gain weight because she might be given the ax unless Kelli and Judy give her time to lose the weight. The ways they have the girls pose, the bikinis choices, and the camera angles do not make the girls look good at times.

Attention seekers (particularly those in comp dance) tend to somehow always mis-time things or "forget" what the predecided pose was when being photographed in a group. The end result being a photo or video where they stand out from the crowd of other girls cause they are doing something different than everyone else. Yeah, it could have been a complete accident and holly (a perfect technical dancer who probably never doesn't know what count it is) just messed up - but since she seems to be that type of attention seeking girl to me already, I'm gonna go with it was on purpose ;).

Absolutely. Not sure why Kelli loves her so much. She's a showboater. They've never had much tolerance for girls who try to stand out on their own too much. 

I think Lacey will be point this year. 

I really hope Jenn K is point, but I'd love to see Lacey there, too. She's very underrated technically, and she looks better in those swimsuit shots than just about anyone.

• Love 1

Melissa has a real masculine, square torso. No indentation/definition from her ribs to her hips. She's definitely muscular and toned. She look better with a suit that created some curves.

I think what looks odd is that her widest point is where upper thigh meets the hip. With most model-type hourglass bodies, the hip curves out from the waist and has its widest point a couple inches above the thigh. There are several other DCCs that look "square" through the torso because their hips aren't much bigger than waists, but they do curve smaller into the thighs. Melissa almost looks more egg-shaped than square. And I don't think any amount of dieting/exercise would fix it. It's just the way she's shaped.

Edited by Moxiejan
  • Love 1

Well there's a difference between being sloppy and casual comfy. Well fitting jeans and a nice shirt with sandals wouldn't be sloppy. But having said that, I think it's necessary for the DCC to dress up because it's just part of their image.

Yeah, agreed with both points. Big difference between being casual and sloppy. I pretty much always wear jeans or pants of some sort on a flight because most planes are cold, and I hate to be cold. I imagine though as DCCs, they don't really have a choice but to dress up. 

Who is that in the picture above pulling her bikini bottom down (and agreed, it looks trashy)? I also think Jenn K. looks a bit soft, but I have always thought that she looked soft in the midsection - not enough to be called out or anything, and I'm not saying she looks bad by any means, but I've never thought she was one of the super skinny girls. 

Edited by Jess14

Who is that in the picture above pulling her bikini bottom down (and agreed, it looks trash)? I also think Jenn K. looks a bit soft, but I have always thought that she looked soft in the midsection - not enough to be called out or anything, and I'm not saying she looks bad by any means, but I've never thought she was one of the super skinny girls.

I believe the girl in the picture pulling down on her bikini bottoms is Raylee. I could be wrong as it's a small pic, but I'm fairly certain.

Jennifer looks soft in the mid section in this picture also.  https://www.facebook.com/DallasCowboysCheerleaders/photos/pcb.10153412084716035/10153412081356035/?type=3&theater

She has five weeks to tone up before finals. It would be interesting if a vet was cut and the fourteen rookies make it back to training camp. The judges have cut four year vet candidates before at finals if they do not bring their A+ game.

I don't think Jennifer would be cut regardless of being a little soft in the midsection. They'd more likely make an example of Caila and warn Jennifer in camp if anything. However I hope neither of them is cut.

Jennifer is a great dancer and is cute, but in my opinion, she is more than a little soft. After Season Nine, Kelli and Judy will cut a vet for gaining x number of pounds or being too soft in the middle after the number of vets called into the office for weight. I guess it might also be decided by how good the girls trying out for the team and rookie girls look at finals.

Jacie is retiring, and she did not go to Mexico.

Jennifer doesn't look soft or heavy in all of the pics - there are like, two, maybe, and I think it's all angles.  There are some in the FB album where her waist looks thin. She definitely doesn't look borderline to me.  I don't think there a snowball's chance in hell she'd be let go this year!! They love her and honestly I think she looks great.  

I think a big part of it is there are some SKINNY girls this year. The rookies are not messing around with off season weight gain...most of them are teeny tiny (Chantel, Amy L, Raylee, Kat...)  

Lacey will move in the triangle I think but I don't see her being point either. Jennifer will have to gain like 30 pounds and shave stripes in her head for that to happen. 

Erica looks so amazing!! 

• Love 2

Jennifer doesn't look soft or heavy in all of the pics - there are like, two, maybe, and I think it's all angles.  There are some in the FB album where her waist looks thin. She definitely doesn't look borderline to me.  I don't think there a snowball's chance in hell she'd be let go this year!! They love her and honestly I think she looks great.  

I think a big part of it is there are some SKINNY girls this year. The rookies are not messing around with off season weight gain...most of them are teeny tiny (Chantel, Amy L, Raylee, Kat...)  

Lacey will move in the triangle I think but I don't see her being point either. Jennifer will have to gain like 30 pounds and shave stripes in her head for that to happen. 

Erica looks so amazing!!

Agree that Jenn K only looks soft in some pics. But I still think regardless of whether or not K&J think she is a little soft at auditions, they just would not cut her. She's a group leader since her second year, in line to be point girl, and one of the most valuable dancers/teachers they have. I just don't see it happening unless she's put on over ten pounds, which I don't think she has. So yeah, I could see Caila getting cut for being soft over Jenn, but I really don't think either of them will be cut. (Unless Caila brings a lame solo. We know Jenn won't!)

Agree Lacey will definitely move up but will probably not be point. I still think out of their class Erica would be made point over Lacey (in the future, not this year). But they are obviously both fantastic dancers and gorgeous.

• Love 1

Is one of the. Rookie's missing from the calendar shoot? I have. Not seen Megan in Anya of the ohoto's on social media? Did I miss something?

Megan is there. If you visit her Twitter (DCC Megan) there are pics there. Looks like Judy posted some of them.

Yeah, agreed with both points. Big difference between being casual and sloppy. I pretty much always wear jeans or pants of some sort on a flight because most planes are cold, and I hate to be cold. I imagine though as DCCs, they don't really have a choice but to dress up.

Same here...that's what sweaters and blankets are for :)

Jenn K has a similar "boxy" body to Melissa..except she wears it a bit better..when she's moving.

Wow, that sounded harsh.

I disagree. Melissa is built like the singer Pink. Very muscular, but somehow really masculine. Jenn K doesn't have an hourglass itty bitty waist and then really round hips (none of them seem to anymore - probably bc they have no body fat), and she does have a little bit of a wider waist, but I don't think she looks like Melissa.

These suits they're wearing as so small and pulled down so low - it's sad when they're not flattering on people with very fit bodies. We're also seeing unretouched phone snaps without lighting, etc. Lumps and muscle rips that are brushed out are really visible in phone pics.

Also - I personally think showing the 'cut' line - where the upper thigh joint meets the pelvis and there's an indentation - is ugly. It just looks weird. Wearing bikini bottoms so low that groove sticks out - I don't like the look.

Does anyone else think Amy T looks like Brooke in this picture?   https://www.instagram.com/p/BERpW9rJd0Q/?tagged=dccswim

I think the vets look good, and I see nothing wrong with a little softness in the middle section. I would rather see the girls with a little meat on their bones then the boyish, a little too thin look. I wonder if Kelli and Judy will give a girl a warning if they think the vet looks a little too soft in the mid section by DCC standards to tone up before finals.

I think the vets look good, and I see nothing wrong with a little softness in the middle section. I would rather see the girls with a little meat on their bones then the boyish, a little too thin look. I wonder if Kelli and Judy will give a girl a warning if they think the vet looks a little too soft in the mid section by DCC standards to tone up before finals.

I agree.  I think a little softness looks feminine. 

Does anyone know if the girls have to purchase all their uniforms, rehearsal attire, game day sweats etc themselves? There are tons of different outfits and warm up gear I've seen over the course of the show and I wondered if that all was out of pocket. That could get really expensive! I realize they probably are expected to also keep their hair and nails, a tan as well all year whiff I understand but paying for a new outfit for each event could get so costly.

Does anyone know if the girls have to purchase all their uniforms, rehearsal attire, game day sweats etc themselves? There are tons of different outfits and warm up gear I've seen over the course of the show and I wondered if that all was out of pocket. That could get really expensive! I realize they probably are expected to also keep their hair and nails, a tan as well all year whiff I understand but paying for a new outfit for each event could get so costly.

They do not.

I was wrong about Megan...sorry. Now I am to to say that I think Jenna has a chance to be the point person. I think Jennifer is to milk toast. Jenna has a different look...and is a adorable. I think she has a good shot

I would be surprised if either Caila or Michelle will get dropped from the team due to weight unless there's more going on then we know about.  If it's a big enough issue that it gets noticed at the photo shoot, then they'll likely be warned.  If they don't follow up on that warning, then we might see something.  Otherwise, they'll likely stick around, especially if they've been good performers and good ambassadors.

Jenn K looked super trim a week ago in the WWE clips. I think it was angles that made her look wider.

Cali's looks like she may have filled out slightly but does not look thick or jiggly to me. She may look bigger than some of the very petite girls because Caila is pretty much a glamazon. A girl who's almost 6' tall is going to be bigger framed than one a foot shorter most of the time, and pics can exaggerate the difference.

The swimsuits, the way the girls pose, and the camera angles do not flatter the girls. I am sure none of the vets with two or more years experience will be on the chopping block unless they do something to piss off Judy and especially Kelli and/or Charlotte in the next five weeks.

LOL, yeah, Holly is soooo stuck up because she was off on the jump count and jumped too early. What a show off!!! ;-D lololol #teamholly Girl is adorable. 

Haha glad I found another on her team. She seems super nice, I don't get the dislike. She's one of the only girls who interacts with people on twitter.

Haha glad I found another on her team. She seems super nice, I don't get the dislike. She's one of the only girls who interacts with people on twitter.

Right? She actually started following ME on IG last summer and I'm a nobody lol  She will like some of my pictures too and responds to any comment.  I think she is a doll. If she gets on the field at a game and starts doing her own thing to stand out and show off, then ok, I'll have a problem LOL But otherwise, I'm not going to want her to be less of a performer or personality in day to day life to 'fit in.'  She seems to be trying a lot harder to be a team player instead of the solo performer she's been the last 16 years of her life.  

As for weight issues, honestly, I think those ridiculous 'juice cleanses' the girls do are a big part of the weight gain. Sorry, you CAN'T live on those and then go back to eating regularly (even if it's mostly healthy) and not gain some weight back! I think they restrict and diet so hardcore for the fittings that any leeway on the trip causes bloat, etc.  I feel so bad for Jennifer because I think she tries really hard to be skinny and she just isn't a waif.  I was watching her live chat this weekend and she mentions how she left shoes at home so she could bring extra Suja juices along because she lovveeesss them and Im' thinking, yeah right.  Her whole job is teaching work out stuff and healthy living so I'm sure that puts pressure on too.  No wonder she takes DCC year by year and sees how she feels about returning.  I wouldn't be surprised if she did 5 years but I also could see her wanting to escape the pressure and finally start a family like they want.  

And do you notice how a lot of the DCC actually seem more fit AFTER the retire? Like look at Brooke and Stephanie and Roni for instance.  Even though they are older now and not on the strict DCC workouts/eating, they actually seem slimmer and healthier.  I honestly think the over exercising and dieting wrecks havoc on their bodies and once they live more 'normally' they even out.  

• Love 1

Robin is a-dorbs!!  I love her.  Re: Caila, I think she looks better in clothes than she does in the bikinis they pick for the swim calendar.  She looks great in dresses for the different events e.g., banquet, airport, etc.  One of those low cut one-piece suits with the side cutouts or a one shoulder with cutouts would look fantastic on her.

• Love 1

I disagree. Melissa is built like the singer Pink. Very muscular, but somehow really masculine. Jenn K doesn't have an hourglass itty bitty waist and then really round hips (none of them seem to anymore - probably bc they have no body fat), and she does have a little bit of a wider waist, but I don't think she looks like Melissa.

I don't think she does either. Similar, though. As in they both have seemingly wider waists.

Do we know who was where in this year's pyramid?  That'd be great information to have each season to see where girls move.

Yes. But it's really hard to explain without a drawing. lol