Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Re: Melissa. Her dad passed away a week or two before training camp. She must have been on autopilot. When my mom died, I made myself be busy as possible so wouldn't have to be so sad.

Melissa Lynn??? Wow, I had no idea!!! :(

Maybe shift the show into season 11 as Made the Team and focus on some vets. We could do auditions in 3 episodes and then show them actually learning, performing, etc.

They don't even need to change the name to focus more on the Vets, since S4 (I think) was when Vets became eligible for being cut in TC. Now all the girls, Vets included, are in TC to "Make the Team."  CMT could bill S11 as the "NEW: Making the Team," and allow the broader focus. As a viewer, I'm interested in the new crop of candidates, but I'm also VERY interested in seeing the Vets I watched go through TC and make the team, and want to see how they've grown and changed. 

Maybe we should all co-author a letter to Kelli suggesting the new approach. :D

• Love 3

I wonder if the vets would even be up for it though…I kind of get the impression they don’t love being followed by cameras, especially since they are now wise to how the editing works and how they can make things come across.  They might prefer sharing their own reality through their social media accounts…but who knows.

I will be interested to see if they have the show this year.  If they don’t have Valley Ranch anymore it will be so different anyway!

You have to wonder if Kelli gets annoyed with all these girls getting injured. Maybe they should make the squad a little larger to make up for that.

Has there ever been a girl (not counting Brooke, Rachel, Tessa) who was injured while in TC or on the squad and was out for most of the season or left the squad/TC? 

Not surprised to hear about Bess...I mean, she's had her knee wrapped under her tights the ENTIRE season. Wasn't she a rangerette? So much kicking already in her life.  I don't know how any of these girls make it through multiple years without knee issues.  

Not surprised to hear about Bess...I mean, she's had her knee wrapped under her tights the ENTIRE season. Wasn't she a rangerette? So much kicking already in her life.  I don't know how any of these girls make it through multiple years without knee issues.  

She's a former Oakland Raiderette. Did they do kick lines?

She's a former Oakland Raiderette. Did they do kick lines?

They do. Only thing is, they don't do the (ultra difficult and dangerous) jump splits. I've seen them do some sort of half herkie type jump with a soft landing and most times no jump at all(example below). I really hope Bess is able to do another year, though. I hate to see good dancers have to give up their passion just because they're required to do something that's so destructive to the knees.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EjGG0YbxKoU

Ew. I am not a Marilyn Manson fan so hated that song. I don't like angry screaming music. I like the raider eyes uniforms. I always forget who Elizabeth/bess is, but she's so pretty! Hope her injury isn't really bad and she can re audition.

I personally love the song and the routine, but it's definitely not got mass appeal. They do routines to a wider range of music than the DCC does, which makes sense since they have less of a "country" fanbase. Their uniforms are so pretty...I think I like them better because of the larger shorts.

• Love 1

Raiderette uniforms not bad - I agree. Marilyn Manson song doesn't seem to go w/ football halftime performance IMO so I didn't like that. Choreography so easy I think one wouldn't need to be a very good dancer to do it. A few of the girls were a little thick (blonde on the far right for instance), but as a whole the squad has a lot of beautiful girls. Looks like they screen on looks over dance cause there were a lot of low kicks too.

In the January 23rd edition of Star Magazine, Jacie wrote a piece about traveling at Christmas for their annual USO tour.  She writes that they attended a dinner and the girls are told to go to a table and have dinner with the soldiers.  She went over to a table with her tray and asked to sit down.  No one really spoke to her.  Then one person in the group asked her, "Why are you here?"  She answered that it is an honor to be with them.  The someone asked her "why would this be an honor for you?  She answered it was an honor for her because of all the sacrifices her dinner guests have made to their country and she thanked them for their service.  The table relaxed and she had a nice time with the soldiers and they thanked her in the end.

When I was reading the piece I thought, God, how uncomfortable for her!!!  Jacie said all the right things because her words came from her heart but still, talk about being caught off guard.  Damn.

In the January 23rd edition of Star Magazine, Jacie wrote a piece about traveling at Christmas for their annual USO tour.  She writes that they attended a dinner and the girls are told to go to a table and have dinner with the soldiers.  She went over to a table with her tray and asked to sit down.  No one really spoke to her.  Then one person in the group asked her, "Why are you here?"  She answered that it is an honor to be with them.  The someone asked her "why would this be an honor for you?  She answered it was an honor for her because of all the sacrifices her dinner guests have made to their country and she thanked them for their service.  The table relaxed and she had a nice time with the soldiers and they thanked her in the end.

When I was reading the piece I thought, God, how uncomfortable for her!!!  Jacie said all the right things because her words came from her heart but still, talk about being caught off guard.  Damn.

K&J aren't kidding I guess when they say they MUST have professional women on the squad who can talk to anyone and we confident and poised in any situation. 

• Love 1

So this is tottaallll speculation but I am starting to wonder how liked rookie Holly is on the squad...when a girl on the squad has a birthday, like half the other girls will throw up a collage or message or SOMETHING on their social media with a happy birthday message/love you girl/etc.  Jenna just had a birthday and the other girls were all over it.  Holly's was like the next day and I've seen...nothing?? the only thing I saw was Kelli's daughter and another girl sent a card and presents or something to Holly - she posted about it on her IG...and a few other retweets of birthday wishes from other people...but no other DCC (even Hunter from DMD wished her hpd??) I don't want to make something out of nothing LOL but it just struck me as so strange.  Kind of makes me wonder if Holly is going to try out again next year. 

I KNOW we don't see everything on social media! it's just kind of odd to me and really stuck out.

• Love 1

So this is tottaallll speculation but I am starting to wonder how liked rookie Holly is on the squad...when a girl on the squad has a birthday, like half the other girls will throw up a collage or message or SOMETHING on their social media with a happy birthday message/love you girl/etc. Jenna just had a birthday and the other girls were all over it. Holly's was like the next day and I've seen...nothing?? the only thing I saw was Kelli's daughter and another girl sent a card and presents or something to Holly - she posted about it on her IG...and a few other retweets of birthday wishes from other people...but no other DCC (even Hunter from DMD wished her hpd??) I don't want to make something out of nothing LOL but it just struck me as so strange. Kind of makes me wonder if Holly is going to try out again next year.

I KNOW we don't see everything on social media! it's just kind of odd to me and really stuck out.

So I know I'm the first one to preach 'social media isn't a 100% view of a persons life' and 'just bc someone claims to be BFFs doesn't mean they're really super close' - oh yeah, and I defened Sydney and think there's a lot of over reaction and assumptions about her being weird and not friends with other girls - BUT I get that vibe from rookie Holly, too. She may not be disliked, but has a little bit of a over competitive, self promoting personality, so I can see her not quite bonding with the other girls in the same way as Jenna or pro bowl Holly appear to have bonded.

• Love 1

So I know I'm the first one to preach 'social media isn't a 100% view of a persons life' and 'just bc someone claims to be BFFs doesn't mean they're really super close' - oh yeah, and I defened Sydney and think there's a lot of over reaction and assumptions about her being weird and not friends with other girls - BUT I get that vibe from rookie Holly, too. She may not be disliked, but has a little bit of a over competitive, self promoting personality, so I can see her not quite bonding with the other girls in the same way as Jenna or pro bowl Holly appear to have bonded.

She just seemed so close to a bunch of the girls over the summer and beginning of the year...KaShara, Jax, Raylee, even vets like Kinzie, and now it seems like NOTHING.  I just figured she would have a big birthday outing too like they did for Jenna or KaShara or some of the others and I was really surprised.  But she can't be on the outs with the DCC or anything because she is close with Sam Finglass.

ANYWAY. don't mean to start rumors.  She has seemed to take her social media in more of a professional direction (like modeling shots and dance clips) so maybe it's just not reflected.

But speaking of other Holly, YES, any video clips?? Looks like she is having a blast and Jackie bob is down there now too??

I kind of wondered this same thing so I asked one of the vets I know. Apparently part way through the season rookie Holly sent a text out (that was meant for her mother) to the entire squad trashing them. It didn't go over well. The squad was kind of done with her and her attitude. I wonder if being home schooled and not being on a dance team before she really didn't develop her social skills? 

WHATTTT??? that's crazy!!! Wow, must be so incredibly awkward then doing appearances and stuff...wonder why on earth she would trash the squad and on top of that, how do you send something to a squad of like 30 girls instead of just your mom? lol

Being homeschooled has nothing to do with developing social skills - I was homeschooled and have never ever had problems. It sounds like a maturity thing to me.

I don't see how she can possibly try out again. It'd be miserable for all involved. Maybe she will go on to Mavs.

I kind of wondered this same thing so I asked one of the vets I know. Apparently part way through the season rookie Holly sent a text out (that was meant for her mother) to the entire squad trashing them. It didn't go over well. The squad was kind of done with her and her attitude. I wonder if being home schooled and not being on a dance team before she really didn't develop her social skills? 

I'm guessing she had the squad in a group text and somehow hit that group instead of her mom. We all vent to our Mamas (or sisters, friends, etc. you get my gist) and I know I can get dramatic during those times, the five minutes later are fine with the situation that needed venting. BUT - I can totally see where that could come off as trashing, or maybe it was straight up trashing. Either way, you're not going to win any friends or allies that way.

Being homeschooled - same as school school to me - some kids have zero social skills, and some have excellent ones. Now if Holly has always been told she's the best of the best and nobody could touch her, she might need a reality adjustment. We all know that if she is Toxic (capital T on purpose), plus weight issues, well....she might become besties with Chelsea Chanley.

Oh, and TexasTara, please tell us more. We won't call you toxic.

Wow interesting.... I went to Holly P.'s Instagram to see who was following her and while I didn't get all the way through her followers , I did notice I didn't see ANY current DCC's following her ( I was bored waiting at a Dr. Appt, don't judge me lol) that says a lot to me since they always follow each other. So if this is the case I doubt she will be back next season.

I looked through it last night, Gigi lol  I was curious too and didn't want to say anything if it seemed like all was fine...she DOES follow most of them and most seem to follow her back>  They just don't seem to give each other love anymore...EXCEPT Raylee did give Holly a birthday shoutout on IG.  I would think Kelli wouldn't want Sam to be such close friends with Holly if it was something REALLY terrible. 

I really feel bad if I'm being too stalkery about this.  Holly has just always been my favorite rookie so the weirdness just stood out to me.

Oh heck, and while I'm being creepy, I think Caila and Breelan had a falling out too.  They were super BFFs and now the only DCCs I see Breelan hang out with are Lacey and Erica.  Caila is always talking about what a hard year it was, etc. and I wonder if that was part of it. 

Ok, sorry, I promise I'm not creepy mccreeperston.

That's interesting about Holly P. I wonder if the content of the text is why she is on Kelli's good side though. Something like "Mom, everyone complains about Kelli and Judy and I just think they are awesome." Or something similar.

Because in my mind, these girls bitch about Kelli and Judy all the time.

• Love 1

Awkward!! I would have to think she won't try out again, but maybe she's hoping to make friends with the new rookies next season or hoping that the hard feelings will eventually recede. 

Awkward!! I would have to think she won't try out again, but maybe she's hoping to make friends with the new rookies next season or hoping that the hard feelings will eventually recede. 

Ouch! That would be awkward! That makes sense why she has to self promote herself so much. I wonder too if she will tryout. I like her but I wish she was as good a cheerleader as she was a technical dancer. Watching her at the games all season, she was just so-so. My eyes were never drawn to her at all. I thought the vets like Jennifer, Erica, and a number of the rookies were so much better! I just hope one day she gets to really use her technical dance skills.

• Love 2

Sometimes I wonder if she'd be better at the Mavs type of dancing...or if she'll just decide to try out for something more along the lines of what Steph Heyman (sp) and Evan Anderson do - back up for performers, etc.  It seems like she has NO trouble immediately picking up choreography and I don't know about cheering, but I think she has SUCH a spark when she dances! she is always the only one I end up watching in group numbers.  Now I am SO interested to see what happens this spring!!! She still seems to be a favorite of Kitty so she can't be TOO far on the outs with the organization?? 

Anyway...she just turned 19 lol She has a long time ahead of her to do whatever her heart desires! 

Why would someone lie about that? I guess I am too naive...you could very well be right ByTor.  

In any case, Holly posted to twitter her DCC locker all decorated so maybe the girls are over it by now. I think a lot of the girls are too classy to hold a grudge. 

Wonder what these costumes are all about.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZ08miNUEAA6XFe.jpg

LOL!! they look....old fashioned?? Bahhh I'm going to really miss Angela :( 

Oh heck, and while I'm being creepy, I think Caila and Breelan had a falling out too.  They were super BFFs and now the only DCCs I see Breelan hang out with are Lacey and Erica.  Caila is always talking about what a hard year it was, etc. and I wonder if that was part of it.  

Couldn't find Breelan or Ashley Pro on Calia's Twitter followers list. Didn't go through the entire list (she has over 8,000).

Sometimes 'insider' info is pretty generic and I roll my eyes at it, but this Holly text statement is more specific than just 'so and so was called out for weight gain' etc.

Those costumes - Angela looks like an ice skater LOL - I wonder if those were show group or something from the 80s. Those two look cute, but like ice skaters.

As much as I love rookie Holly, I do see that she's gotten super close with Mavs girls. Makes me think that if she chooses not to retry out, she'll try out for them. Because she hasn't posted anything on Instagram being like "can't wait for next year"

Not sure when the first post about Holly P and 'the text' went up because being in the UK the time zone thing has gone a bit awry, but Holly has put a twitter pic up https://twitter.com/dcc_hollyp showing her love for the other rookies, as well as her Birthday decorated locker.. they appear to have been put up a couple of hours ago..

Yeah, I did comment above on how she posted that to Twitter and now I see on IG she has commented on a bunch of the other girls' pictures in the last day or so lol  and pics with DCC on Twitters, etc. So it seems fine. Hey, maybe that was all that was needed to break the spell - one of us had to mention here that things looked weird ;) 

And like I also mentioned above, I don't imagine the older girls in the squad would hold a grudge long.  Angela, Jinelle, Paige, Rachel, Ashley, Jenna, Jenny Kat, etc....they all seem like classy mature women who would be like "eh, she's young.  life's too short" and trying to get over it for the good of the squad.

But I would not be surprised if she ended up going with the Mavs next year, just for kicks, to try something new and expand her resume. Isn't she is college in Dallas area too? I hope she stays on some sort of team though because I LOVE watching her dance!!

Edited by LaurenBrook

Are they already taking away the retiring girls' Twitter accounts? @DCC_Paige got changed to @PaigeCavs.... Everyone else seems to have their handles still though..... And I wasn't under the impression Paige was retiring. Weird.

Edited by Bailey3606

Are they already taking away the retiring girls' Twitter accounts? @DCC_Paige got changed to @PaigeCavs.... Everyone else seems to have their handles still though..... And I wasn't under the impression Paige was retiring. Weird.

I wouldn't be surprised. I pegged her as a retiring girl. 

Maybe she has to move/leave the team early for some reason. They did that with Sydney but God knows what that whole silly movie/tours thing was about.

I think she is moving, maybe? She had a pic on IG with a gift basket and card from Danielle and another co-worker, like "oh the places you'll go...get on your way!" kind of thing and it made me think she might be moving on.  The Twitter changing though is a huge flag - I'd say that's pretty 100% leaving.  Too bad because she is great and such a hard worker. :(