Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Oh - dear - God - somebody hold me back before I get in my car and drive over and slap the fire out of the smart-mouthed father of those children that the grandmother is taking care of.

Amen. Mr. Doyle is so repulsive, so slimy, mouthy, disgusting, fugly and stupid that I wish we could have seen his ex. I'm really curious about a woman who chose him, wanted to have sex with him and chose to have 3 kids with him. Oh my god... I'm flabbergasted.

• Love 2
(edited)

Let's hope the grandmother somehow gets those kids back or else they're doomed.

Judging solely from the behavior of the "it wasn't me, it was my friends" son's demeanor, I'd say the apples didn't fall far from their rotted tree.

DOYLE! was the proverbial Florida Man. It felt so good to hit the "Delete from DVR" on that piece of garbage. Good riddance.

Edited by Guest

Pre-empted because of two escaped criminals!

The criminals pre-empted only part of the first case for me, I think. Female friends, one suing the other for driving her car and wrecking it. Ho hum.

Next was this mush-mouthed gawky woman who was literally incomprehensible and gave JJ a migraine. I can't remember what it was about, even. You didn't miss much of interest.

I'm always surprised that they choose JJ - the most  popular show on daytime - to pre-empt. Tennis, criminals... maybe it will rain today and they'll have to butt in again to report each drop as it falls.

I'm not downplaying the seriousness of escaped murderers in the neighbourhood, just the fact that they actually don't have much to say about it, yet go on and on.

• Love 1

Be glad you don't live here in Arizona.  They like to break into Judge Judy (which comes on right before the local news) to report "IT MIGHT RAIN!"  Then they say, "Be sure to stay tuned for details at the top of the hour in our 5:00 local newscast."

• Love 3

Be glad you don't live here in Arizona.  They like to break into Judge Judy (which comes on right before the local news) to report "IT MIGHT RAIN!"  Then they say, "Be sure to stay tuned for details at the top of the hour in our 5:00 local newscast."

It's nice to know that happens in Phoenix too, not just in Tucson. When I first moved out here, I was stunned at how often they interrupt JJ (and also Jeopardy) to warn me it might rain or tell me it is raining. Only in AZ would rain be considered newsworthy.

It really gets bad during monsoon season. They'll take any freaking excuse they get to interrupt Jeopardy, People's Court, or JJ.

• Love 2

I'm always surprised that they choose JJ - the most  popular show on daytime - to pre-empt. Tennis, criminals... maybe it will rain today and they'll have to butt in again to report each drop as it falls.

My JJ station is in the Miami market. They rarely bump JJ for local news (including when people are engaging in car chases which pop up on a nearly daily basis around here - or super bad weather which again comes nearly daily - when they go to commercial the station pops in with whatever crisis our local residents are embroiled in). 

Florida MAN! lol! That's pretty much right around here! The last Florida man to my knowledge was a guy running naked through Boca Raton a few days ago hopped up on Flocka (new drug similar to bath salts mixed with meth). Cops finally had to taze him. My daughter works at a large metro emergency room and oye, the stories!  

• Love 2

Teebax, my father lives in Phoenix (moved there 25 years ago) and in Phoenix they -- the local newsstations/newscasters -- start freaking out on July 1, with frequent updates about the dewpoint.  Apparently, when it his a certain number, it may rain.  Or it may not!  But it all depends on where you are!  So be careful!  Is the dewpoint the big issue in Tucson?  

I imagine that when the jailbreakers are caught, WCBS in NYC will interrupt JJ.  Speaking of the jailbreakers, look at this quote from, of course, the New York Post:

Another source, retired Detective David Bentley, who helped put away Matt for the 1997 murder of a North Tonawanda businessman, added, “When [Matt’s] cleaned up, he’s very handsome and, in all frankness, very well endowed. He gets girlfriends any place he goes.”

It seems weird that he's never been in Judy's court.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, there it is. Now we know why women fight over, give hundreds of dollars to, and lavish expensive gifts to POS litigants who look like they just crawled out of the primordial soup: these POS's clean up well and are well-endowed.

Edited by Milz
  • Love 3
(edited)

AngelaHunter, we know this is happening in your neck of the woods, and we are all worried because we all know what a pushover you are.  But please, for God's sake, if he knocks on your door in the middle of the night -- run!  As fast as you can!  In the opposite direction!

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 4
(edited)

But please, for God's sake, if he knocks on your door in the middle of the night -- run!

You mean I shouldn't ask him if he wants to move in? Offer to pay all the bills until he "gets on his feet", give him the keys to my car or even let him use my Sears card?

I'm a very trusting person with a good heart, you know, so can't make any promises.

Just read this:

When [Matt’s] cleaned up, he’s very handsome and, in all frankness, very well endowed.

Well endowed? Oh, hell - what more does a woman want? Matt, if you're reading this, PM me, babe. Let's hook up!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'll bet the detective learned it from the ex-girlfriends whom he interviewed.  He was trying to figure out what they saw in him .... and they told him.  Still hearsay, though. 

We need a night-time JJ to prove such hearsay!

Judge Judy: After Dark

It's a coincidence that Vincent Bugliosi died today, because in Helter Skelter he has a really good layman's explanation of hearsay and the many many exceptions to the hearsay rule.  I wish I could find my copy.  To paraphrase, he said something like, "The hearsay rule should be changed to say that 'hearsay is permitted except in the following circumstances.' "

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 3

Vincent Bugliosi died today

R.I.P. Such a brilliant man. I loved "Helter Skelter" (even though it scared the bejesus outta me) and his comments following the OJ trial.

So, got another case pre-empted today so we could hear more about the hung-like-a-horse murderer.

Got stuck with Markesha and I'm thankful that JJ cut off her narrative, that began with "We wuz frens."

Mother suing her son who was "emancipated" at 13 years old: So if you choose to get big fake boobs, and those boobs blow up, you're entitled to get disability? Honestly...

Ms. Luna, who was idiotic enough to pay her former boyfriend's lawyer, certainly has a "type" as witnessed by her old and new boyfriends, "Before" and "After."

• Love 2

Are we getting new episodes this week?

So it seems, but could be hard to tell with all the constant interruptions. Keep scheduling these non-news flashes, soccer, golf, weather reports and anything else they can dream up ONLY during JJ. I'm so glad I don't have to miss one minute of the intellectually stimulating Twitter collections and riveting repartee of "Ellen" or "Steve Harvey."

• Love 3

Teebax, my father lives in Phoenix (moved there 25 years ago) and in Phoenix they -- the local newsstations/newscasters -- start freaking out on July 1, with frequent updates about the dewpoint.  Apparently, when it his a certain number, it may rain.  Or it may not!  But it all depends on where you are!  So be careful!  Is the dewpoint the big issue in Tucson?  

It's out of control. I moved here from the Philly market. I suspect folks in Philly have a lot less patience for bullshit because I don't remember having even half as many interrupted shows there as we have here. The local news here spends way more time on the weather than our Philly newscasts ever did, which I also find strange. One of the things that appealed to me about the southwest was getting away from bad weather. We mostly have good weather here, and they still talk about it all the damn time.

And, yes, they are obsessed with dewpoint.  And also the icecreaker, which is the day it cracks 100 degrees. It's as if they're surprised every year when the temperature hits triple digits, even though it happens every freaking year around the same time and sometimes continues for weeks on end.

They're also obsessed with droughts. Yes, move to the desert and then complain about a lack of water. It makes perfect sense to me. 

I just wish they'd leave my afternoon shows alone.

• Love 6

I wasn't enough for them to butt into JJ today. At 3:00, there was another urgent announcement and chitchat about thunderstorms. They had to wait until The People's Court started, you see.

I don't even need to look out my window to know if there's a T-storm going on. I usually hear it, and all without blabbermouth weather guys to inform me.

• Love 3

Am I going to have to capture those escaped convicts myself to restore my full JJ broadcast?

Even if you do, nothing will stop them from horning in to rant and rave about rain in summer and snow in winter as though it's some bizarre new phenomenon.

They never do that here and we get snowstorms that leave drifts up to our eyeballs. I guess it's because we, like, basically, kind of expect that in January.

• Love 3

You mean I shouldn't ask him if he wants to move in? Offer to pay all the bills until he "gets on his feet", give him the keys to my car or even let him use my Sears card?

How about paying his bail? You missed that one and I'm sure it's on his hit parade. Just don't offer to get him a cell phone so you can go through it and check out all the females he's attracting with his good grooming habits. 

• Love 2

Inquiring minds want to know.  How does the detective know about Matt's endowment?  JJ will NOT accept hearsay!!!!

lmao  I am glad I had already swallowed my drink before I read this.  :-)

• Love 2

Just for the record - YOU FOLKS ARE AWESOME.  I'm LOLing while reading these recent posts.

But if WE can understand how ridiculous and predictable some of these defendants are, WHY do future plaintiffs not see them coming a mile off?  Are people really that desperate?

• Love 4

Was I the only viewer dying of curiosity when young Kale Trimble refused to say what his arrest was for (he finally reluctantly admitted "Criminal Mischief")? I figured it was something embarrassing, so I postulated out loud "I bet he peed on something in public!" Mr. Ouisch, overhearing from the other room as always, inquired sweetly, "What the heck is wrong with you?" I explained my theory - that the crime had to be something somewhat humiliating. "And that's the first thing you think of? Peeing?!" "Well, anyone can make it sound stupid," I feebly protested. But for $11,000 plus in restitution, I'm guessing it was more than public urination. (A Google search only shows that he was charged with interfering with a police investigation and criminal mischief.) And his dad/stepdad (I didn't understand that whole family dynamic) was quite the drama king, with his impassioned indictment of the entire child custody court system and exaggerated "Glaaadly!" when JJ asked him to sit down.

• Love 5

Was I the only viewer dying of curiosity when young Kale Trimble refused to say what his arrest was for (he finally reluctantly admitted "Criminal Mischief")? I figured it was something embarrassing, so I postulated out loud "I bet he peed on something in public!" Mr. Ouisch, overhearing from the other room as always, inquired sweetly, "What the heck is wrong with you?" I explained my theory - that the crime had to be something somewhat humiliating. "And that's the first thing you think of? Peeing?!" "Well, anyone can make it sound stupid," I feebly protested. But for $11,000 plus in restitution, I'm guessing it was more than public urination. (A Google search only shows that he was charged with interfering with a police investigation and criminal mischief.) And his dad/stepdad (I didn't understand that whole family dynamic) was quite the drama king, with his impassioned indictment of the entire child custody court system and exaggerated "Glaaadly!" when JJ asked him to sit down.

I don't know what this litigant's offense was, but I certainly hope it wasn't something like that. I have read horror stories about people being labeled as sex offenders after being caught urinating in public. 

I'm glad I came of age during a time when a brain fart didn't ruin your entire life. When I was little, a friend of mine and I were playing with matches and accidentally set my neighbor's wooden porch on fire. Although it was serious when it happened, we were only about eight years old. I got a figurative slap on the wrist from our local cops and a beating from my father (not a spare the rod kind of guy), who also paid the homeowner's property insurance deductible. And that was it. I was so horrified by what happened that I never played with matches again. Nowadays, I'd probably have a criminal record for it!

• Love 6

WHY do future plaintiffs not see them coming a mile off?  Are people really that desperate?

You mean why do women not see them? Sadly, we see 10 women for every man in this situation. Obviously, they ARE so desperate for a warm body that nothing else matters. I had no idea things had gotten this bad until I starting watching JJ. I've never known a woman personally who would gladly take just anyone, no matter how worthless or despicable he was.

I got excited one day when Marilyn Milian point-blank asked a couple of women ( who of course were fighting each other for the chance to grab and support some POS who was by then in jail) that question, "Why are you so desperate??" hoping we would get to the bottom of this.

My hopes were dashed when we just got a couple of stupid grins and no answers.

• Love 4

How about paying his bail? You missed that one and I'm sure it's on his hit parade. Just don't offer to get him a cell phone so you can go through it and check out all the females he's attracting with his good grooming habits.

When you think about it, an escaped convict might be the ideal mate.  He's gotta hide in the attic or basement, so at least you always know where he is.  No need to wonder if he's at "the club" trying to pick up some skank.

A couple of seasons ago Judy did tell one young woman, "You're too young to be so desperate."  But even that's not right; it was if she was acknowledging that there was a right age for a woman to be desperate for a man. 

• Love 4

You mean why do women not see them? Sadly, we see 10 women for every man in this situation. Obviously, they ARE so desperate for a warm body that nothing else matters. I had no idea things had gotten this bad until I starting watching JJ. I've never known a woman personally who would gladly take just anyone, no matter how worthless or despicable he was.

I got excited one day when Marilyn Milian point-blank asked a couple of women ( who of course were fighting each other for the chance to grab and support some POS who was by then in jail) that question, "Why are you so desperate??" hoping we would get to the bottom of this.

My hopes were dashed when we just got a couple of stupid grins and no answers.

JJ is also good about point out that a woman who is cheated on by her man really shouldn't go after the other woman. He's the one who cheated on you, not the other woman!

The scary part is that most of her litigants are breeding. So we hurtle closer and closer toward the movie Idiocracy coming true.

• Love 6
You mean why do women not see them? Sadly, we see 10 women for every man in this situation.

Well I assume that there are probably more men that get scammed, but the difference is that they are less likely to sue.

• Love 2

Well I assume that there are probably more men that get scammed, but the difference is that they are less likely to sue.

I don't think, in general, that men are that pathetically desperate. Why would they be, when they know that even if they're repulsive little trolls and fugly losers they can get women any time they like who will not only pay their bills, but buy them just about anything they want even if they have to take a cash advance on a credit card.

JJ is also good about point out that a woman who is cheated on by her man really shouldn't go after the other woman.

"She wanted to fight me!" That says a lot about the mindset of the skanks who do go after Skank No.2 who "stold" her man.

Okay. Today we got another non-update on the well-endowed escaped murderer BUT they just had to do it during the new episode and not during the re-run. Maybe it's just as well, since there was only so much I could take of "Chamryn", who just could NOT keep his ginormous, flappy pie-hole shut and actually talked JJ out of giving him a larger judgement. I really doubt he ever realized what he did since he seemed to be a wee bit lacking in the brains department.

I think JJ REALLY messed up with her decision re: Divorced wife leasing house belonging to husband.  Her lease stated that she would pay "Any and all repairs up to and including $500."  So, the repair for the A/C unit was $700, so in BRILLIANT JJ's wonderful world, she doesn't have to pay him ANYTHING because it was OVER $500.  WTF?!  Very clear bias there, Judy.  Shame on you!

• Love 6

I think JJ REALLY messed up with her decision re: Divorced wife leasing house belonging to husband.  Her lease stated that she would pay "Any and all repairs up to and including $500."  So, the repair for the A/C unit was $700, so in BRILLIANT JJ's wonderful world, she doesn't have to pay him ANYTHING because it was OVER $500.  WTF?!  Very clear bias there, Judy.  Shame on you!

And that woman said her kids were just being kids when they painted swastikas and stars of David on the walls?  :O

• Love 5

The only thing worse than being outsmarted by JJ on national TV is being the OTHER ESCAPED CON that is NOT well-endowed!

Okay, Toaster, we're goin' a huntin'. So today we were allowed to watch JJ in peace BUT got a press conference during new episodes of TPC.

Those are the ONLY two shows I watch, and they've been cut into since last Friday. Pretty soon they'll need to hunt ME down because I swear I'm gonna kill someone! Argh!

Seems a woman who worked at the prison may have aided in the escape. Maybe she got wind of the massive schlong?

• Love 3

Honestly, between the rain,the snow, the ex-cons (and scary business, that!), soccer and whatever other sporting event, it's like we need to create out own episodes. We could take turns. Everyone create an episode within their individual realm of "expertise", and being mindful of course, of the drinking game rules, I'll bet the stuff we'd create would rival the real cases.  Imagine the snarkable opportunities!!

I'm beginning to wonder if JJ even works one month a year. We got SOME new eps for May sweeps - has there really been that much else that has been new? I love the comments here about the old eps, but the true gems come from the new stuff. 

Carry on comrades.

• Love 2

Yesterday when JJ was chewing somebody out on the show (I know, when doesn't she chew somebody out) I noticed both of her hands in the air and immediately thought of Sophia Petrillo (The Golden Girls) and was expecting JJ to say "Picture this...Sicily...1937.

Sometimes when the cases are not as exciting as they could be I watch JJ's mannerisms.  There's a potential book chapter right there.

This is a bit off topic, but not quite - remember how Judge Judy talks about unclean hands? Like if somebody expects to get they money back because somebody got duped in a drug deal?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-lauderdale-911-flakka-arrest-20150610-story.html

This has been all over my news the past two days - woman called 911 because her drug dealer took her $5 and didn't give her the weed she was supposed to get. 

***face plant****** and yes, this is FLORIDA. . . again. . . . 

• Love 5
Everyone create an episode within their individual realm of "expertise",

I envision this as a game of mad lib dropdowns

The plaintiff is suing the defendant for a dog bite/not paying a loan/false arrest/crashing into their car/pain and suffering/unpaid rent

The defendant is countering that there was no agreement/it never happened/it was a gift/the dog was just playing/it was all his/her fault because he/she/their dog started it

The parties live in California/Minnesota/a trailer park/a van by the river/a room they rented from craigslist

• Love 9

This has been all over my news the past two days - woman called 911 because her drug dealer took her $5 and didn't give her the weed she was supposed to get.

The same situation was on Cops about 10-12 years ago!  In Sacramento though, not Florida.  A bedraggled, middle-aged woman flagged down the squad car and told the officers she'd given another woman $50 for a vial of crack.  The dealer didn't have it with her and said she had to go somewhere to get it, and of course disappeared.  Crack, or money back!  I gave up Cops not long after.  There was nothing they could do to top that story.

• Love 1

I don't know how this lease was specifically worded, but I had an apartment lease a long time ago that was exactly the way JJ described. I was only responsible for repairs that cost up to $500. It didn't mean I paid the first $500 of EVERY repair; it meant I only paid for repairs that cost $500 and under.

The point of the provision was to prevent me from demanding a bunch of small repairs and have me only go to the landlord for larger ones. So when the A/C unit needed to be replaced, the landlord paid for the full amount since it cost more than $500. 

Again, I don't know exactly how their contract was worded, but I don't think JJ was completely off her rocker with she was saying. If I ever rented out my house (which I probably will never do having watched way too many court shows) I'd want a provision like that in my lease.

• Love 3
(edited)

I noticed both of her hands in the air and immediately thought of Sophia Petrillo (The Golden Girls) and was expecting JJ to say "Picture this...Sicily...1937.

I've been saying that for ages, how JJ reminds me more and more of Sophia. I love it!

OH, I forgot: Defendant in the cruise money kerfuffle? In the hall, defendant gives her words of wisdom which  are: "Cute people should stay away from ugly people." She thought she was cute, just because she made the 2014 Trailer Trash Deluxe Calendar? Sorry, but no.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 7