Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

completely skipped the cat thing and this one, but now I must go back to see The Look

Just dug it off the DVR.  Her face is a cross between horrified disdain and violent nausea.   Thanks Shksabelle for that heads up!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Her face is a cross between horrified disdain and violent nausea.

I suppose she was reacting to their hairdos, but these days she shoud not be judging others on that front.

The defendant's heavy-duty eyelashes were really something to frown about though.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

The defendant's heavy-duty eyelashes were really something to frown about though

So was that knee-length wig on the plaintiff, that looked as though it had once been Mr.Ed's tail. I don't  think it was the hair she was reacting to, but  more likely that both looked as though they had come straight from their street corners and of course she already knew what disgusting things they had done. 

Edited by AngelaHunter
forgot
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

So was that knee-length wig on the plaintiff, that looked as though it had once been Mr.Ed's tail. 

Well, dang, I missed that part!  I was too entranced by strawberry soda hair and 4 pairs of eyelashes on tiny eyes.

• LOL 3
44 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

already knew what disgusting things they had done. 

That was what I thought.   Kind of like she walked out and a whole bunch of ugly puzzle pieces fell into place.  It probably happens more than we see and JJ just has a good poker face.

I know about 75% of time, I have that same face (or worse) while watching the human sewage that flows across my court show screens.🤮🤢

• Love 6

Today's 3 p.m. reruns-

Hair Salon Freeloader?!-A plaintiff rented a 'hair salon' that landlady claimed was zone for hair salons.    It wasn't zoned properly, and plaintiff wants security back, and the lease voided.    Unfortunately, the previous tenant ran a hair salon there for three years.     The plaintiff wanted more outside lights, bathroom plumbing, and other things.    The plaintiff didn't pay the rent either, and after she moved she didn't open another salon,.    There is zero proof that the zoning wasn't right either.    There were three stations, but the renter never hired other hair dressers.    

Plaintiff had three months rent free, paid first and last month rent, and security deposit.    Another tenant who failed to sign the lease.    What a shock, the plaintiff wants $5000.    Plaintiff sent a letter saying she was leaving, only nine days before she moved out.   Plaintiff also didn't get utilities in her name either. Plaintiff wants security deposit, and remodeling costs, plus stress, or whatever.        The plaintiff's fiance claims that they did nothing to fix the zoning either,  and only brought the zoning issue up in the lease breaking letter.     

Plaintiffs get no money, and landlady/defendant says there is damage.  and she installed the extra outdoor lighting, so the plaintiff's lose their security deposit.  

Muzzle Mishap Leads to Attack?!-Man walking friend's dog fails to muzzle the dog, and is sued for another dog's injuries.  Cute little Yorkie was viciously attacked when on a leash and being walked.    The defendant man was walking his pit cross, and the woman defendant's Shepherd/Husky mix.       Man was walking his dog, and defendant's dog, and one dog broke loose (the Shepherd/Husky mix), and attacked the Yorkie.    JJ cringes when she sees the pictures of the injured Yorkie.    Defendant dog walker, and woman came to the vet's office, said they would pay for the bills.      Defendant says her dog doesn't wear a muzzle, but a gentle leader device.    Defendant dog owner claims dog walker had the dog on a leash, but not the gentle leader, even during the attack.

JJ says dog walker is liable, not dog owner.    $2760 to the plaintiff     

Fixit Ticket Blues!-Plaintiff's license is suspended for non-payment of a ticket, and fees.    Plaintiff wants the defendant to pay her for the Fixit ticket.    Plaintiff was driving defendant's car when she got the burned out taillight ticket, got the light fixed, and didn't show the police the car was fixed, and since the ticket wasn't cancelled, the plaintiff's license was suspended.     

The plaintiff claims former friend defendant wouldn't let her take the car to the police station to show it was fixed.   Plaintiff was driving the car on Monday, got the light fixed on Tuesday, but didn't go to the police station.    Plaintiff gets nothing, and deserves the same.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Here you go! Yes, I know - one day I WILL get a life!

Nooooooooooo!   We need you! Some of us (who do, actually, have lives,) don't have time to dig all these gems up.  We lurve you!! 💜💜

Re today's Ms. Quentin and Ms Quentin case "wrongful lockout" case: A couple of pointers for you ladies:  (a) If you and your mommy are going to sue together, make sure you are suing for the same thing, and (b) make sure you KNOW what you are suing for.

Good luck to our intrepid recappers who are going to have to try and make sense of that one.  Good night, nurse. 

Edited by SandyToes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

We have seen litigants arguing with each other before, but was it a first for them to be on the same side?

That mother was argumentative, did not listen, talked over JJ and her daughter and spewed general nonsense. The daughter must have had no other choice but to bring her as a witness or co-plaintiff because she must have known what was bound to happen. I am surprised they confined their ruckus in the apartment to arguments and that no strangling occurred. I am not sure I could have lasted very long without at least thinking of shutting her up in any possible way.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

We need you! Some of us (who do, actually, have lives,) don't have time to dig all these gems up.

There you go, trying to be all high and mighty! 🤣🤣 Hey, I used to have a life, too!

I think I'll have to skip today's eps, since my DVR had too many "Dog" words there. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think I'll have to skip today's eps, since my DVR had too many "Dog" words there.  

Oh, no!  You've got to watch the mommy/daughter case!   Really! Highlight reel!

• Love 5

Evidently today is Angry Woman Wednesday on Judge Judy.  We were treated to 60 minutes of the angry Elvira Mistress of the Dark lesbian (and her goofy wanna be rapper ex who evidently pulled some crazy shit back stage that pissed of her highness), the angry psycho pit owner, the angry slack jawed daughter and her 9/10 whacked out mother. and the angry ex-roommate with the nasty twin booger nose ring and the snarky comment in hallterview.

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Today's 5 p.m. show- (With the RBG ponytail again, still not a fan, but I've never been accused of having taste either)-

New-Volatile Mother/Daughter Feud!-I'm not surprised the landlord, and neighbors complained about the mother of the mother/daughter plaintiffs, I have only heard her for 2 minutes and want to whack her with Byrd's Fly Swatter of Death.    Mother and daughter fight constantly at their apartment, and after neighbors talk to mother she moves out (in August), putting her stuff in a storage unit.    Landlady says tenant didn't pay rent from July to September.    Plaintiff wants property was disposed of, and she was illegally evicted.  They were suing for $5k.

Property owner and landlady testify that the plaintiffs didn't pay rent from July to September, and were evicted.  Nothing for plaintiffs.    

Artist Van Rental Stupidity-Plaintiff is suing defendant for damaging, and deserting a van he rented to her.   Plaintiff rented the van by the week for $500.   Defendant wants rental costs for another van, and the $500 back.    Plaintiff claims the AC, and belts broke on the van (the freaking van was 30 years old!).    Byrd's Kelly Blue Book doesn't go back 30 years, and plaintiff's case is tossed.     Defendant doesn't get her van rental money back, or for replacement van either.  

Rerun-

Guess Which Breed of Dog Annihilates Another!-A younger teen (niece of plaintiff), and friend goes to walk her dog, and the across the street neighbor's pit crosses attacked the dog.     The defendant screamed all kinds of nasty harassment at the plaintiff mother, and teen.         The pits are kept on chains at night in the back yard, and off chains during the day, and never come in the house.   The dogs are chained, and she doesn't want to risk people kicking in her fence (I believe that the SWAT team usually kicks in the front and back doors, but maybe the gate too), at night and letting the dogs out.    The defendant also has a chihuahua that lives in the house all of the time.

Plaintiff's niece was walking leashed dog, and the two pits attacked her dog, a wonderful bystander hit the attacking dogs with a chair, and made them let go.  The girls went home, pointed out the two attacking dogs, and saw the roommates of the defendant/homeowner put the dogs back in the yard.     

After the attack, the defendant homeowner kept threatening the plaintiff, the niece, and others at the plaintiff's house.    Police reports were made, and animal control.  

There is a shocking video of the homeowner screaming all kinds of threats against the plaintiffs, and the dogs.  $3,000 for the plaintiff.     

Upcoming Rap Star Bling!-Plaintiff suing for $5k, for rent, jewelry, and iPhone, and iWatch.    Plaintiff paid nothing in April, May and June, but they were living together then too.  The ex-girlfriend, or whatever, was an aspiring rap artist, so plaintiff loaned her money for an iPhone, and paid nothing back.    Then, plaintiff bought her the iWatch, and nothing was paid back by defendant, and there was one payment from defendant of $500.   In May defendant smashed the watch and phone, and in July plaintiff bought the necklace for the defendant.  

Apparently the defendant misbehaved in the court clerk's office before the case.    I really want the video of that misbehavior.

Plaintiff starts to yell at JJ, and defendant, and case is thrown out.    

Cat-Litter Eating Puppy?!-Defendant young man and woman moved plaintiff into their apartment, and plaintiff's cat litter was eaten by defendant's puppy.     Plaintiff moved out early after the fighting over the puppy, kitty, and everything else started, and JJ told her to pay the lease break fee.

Everyone gets booted, and no money. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff suing for $5k, for rent, jewelry, and iPhone, and iWatch. 

Do these odious people know that there is an entire class of ex-lovers who take all the rent paid, money given and gifts purchased and chalk it all up to experience when love turns to shit?

15 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff rented the van by the week for $500

It's hard to identify the bigger fool here.  Is it the woman who thought a 30 year old van was good to go for a week and long round trip or the creepy douchebag plaintiff who thinks he can hold another party responsible when his less than beater stops beating?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Do these odious people know that there is an entire class of ex-lovers who take all the rent paid, money given and gifts purchased and chalk it all up to experience when love turns to shit?

I've done it (several times 😬).  You piss and whine and moan to your BFF, drink more than normal for awhile, then suck it up and relish your singlehood again.

Used to be that airing one's dirty laundry was trashy and shameful.   Now it's a freaking art form.

• Love 5

Well, I can always count on you peeps to steer me in the right direction. Virago Mommy Dearest and the Stupified Darling Daughter who looked as though she'd spent the night in some doorway on Skid Row? They were so beyond anything I've seen here I didn't even become annoyed at their squatting in def's property and then having the chutzpah to sue her. I was expecting them to start duking it out right there. "Mother! Mother!" You just know she usually adds, "Shut the fuck up" to that. Kudos to her for controlling that here. Jessica has something seriously wrong with her brain - she can't think. But she sure can get knocked up. Sadly she doesn't know how that happens, even though she looks at least 35 since she "found out" she was pregnant. Quelle surprise! I can just visualize the sperm donor.  A pillar of society, I'm sure.  That poor child has no chance in hell, with its breeders and its Granny all batshit crazy,  violent, parasitic cretins.  Jessica at the end when she and Momma get the boot is all hanging jaw and squinting eyes: "Duh? Whut? Huh? Whut happened? Why?" 

1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Is it the woman who thought a 30 year old van was good to go for a week and long round trip or the creepy douchebag plaintiff who thinks he can hold another party responsible when his less than beater stops beating?

But! Creepy little douchebag is a patron of the arts. He allows people to rent his 30-year old beater to "facilitate art and things like that."

Somehow he thinks the def, who has the pretentiously-spelled name of "Chrystine" is responsible for breaking his a/c since she turned it on in the beater at the end of July. I mean, who does that? The Tweety-bird headed plaintiff then spends 1800$ to fix the relic. Silly little turd. I bet the mechanics laughed themselves sick.  The twerp wasted Byrd's time trying to find this POS in the KBB. Better try the archives. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I have only heard her for 2 minutes and want to whack her with Byrd's Fly Swatter of Death.

As I intimated above, I would have chosen something much more damaging than that puny swatter. Especially since I believe she would simply have swallowed it and continued on her crazy disjointed rants.

Apparently the defendant misbehaved in the court clerk's office before the case. I really want the video of that misbehavior.

It was really egregious on the part of the show to leave us hanging and not give more details or visual evidence of what happened. Instead, we have to rely on vague hearsay (a double no-no) and the decidedly negative impression she made to imagine what may have occurred.

Unless a video would have demonstrated that there really was not much there and JJ was simply trying to self-aggrandize by painting herself as all-knowing, wielding mystical powers à la Carnac (to use one of her frequent and slightly outdated cultural references).

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

, I would have chosen something much more damaging than that puny swatter. Especially since I believe she would simply have swallowed it and continued on her crazy disjointed rants.

🤣🤣🤣 Like some horror-movie monster whose jaws gape open! We need to have Byrd equipped with a sledgehammer, at the very least. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Upcoming Rap Star Bling!-Plaintiff suing for $5k, for rent, jewelry, and iPhone, and iWatch.    Plaintiff paid nothing in April, May and June, but they were living together then too.  The ex-girlfriend, or whatever, was an aspiring rap artist, so plaintiff loaned her money for an iPhone, and paid nothing back.    Then, plaintiff bought her the iWatch, and nothing was paid back by defendant, and there was one payment from defendant of $500.   In May defendant smashed the watch and phone, and in July plaintiff bought the necklace for the defendant.  

Apparently the defendant misbehaved in the court clerk's office before the case.    I really want the video of that misbehavior.

Plaintiff starts to yell at JJ, and defendant, and case is thrown out. 

Was this the one where Plaintiff hollered out, 'What a waste of my time!" after she lost?!  A collective "YOUR time?!?!" was heard amongst the JJ faithful.

13 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

As I intimated above, I would have chosen something much more damaging than that puny swatter. Especially since I believe she would simply have swallowed it and continued on her crazy disjointed rants.

I'm tellin' ya.  The trap door and a Rancor.  Maybe make it like British Parliament - when the folks in the gallery can start yelling and jeering, and once it gets loud enough, Byrd must walk over and WHAM the button. He could even use  @AngelaHunter's sledgehammer. 

(Glad you got to see today's ep.  Wasn't it great?! 🙄)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:
2 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I've done it (several times 😬).  You piss and whine and moan to your BFF, drink more than normal for awhile, then suck it up and relish your singlehood again.

I'd give this 10 hearts if I could.  I haven't gotten dumped since college.  I remember that it sucked for a while but I don't remember being angry or vindictive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Maybe make it like British Parliament - when the folks in the gallery can start yelling and jeering, and once it gets loud enough, Byrd must walk over and WHAM the button.

Or make it like MSTK3, where the audience can make snarky comments during the testimony.

38 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I haven't gotten dumped since college.  I remember that it sucked for a while but I don't remember being angry or vindictive.

I got dumped once. I whined and cried to my mother and my friends and then I bleached his clothes, threw a brick through his windshield and put sugar in his gas tank. I would have smashed his phone and his tablet, but they hadn't been invented then. Too bad.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Muzzle Mishap Leads to Attack?!-Man walking friend's dog fails to muzzle the dog, and is sued for another dog's injuries. 

Yeah, that guy was a real asshole, he told the judge that he couldn't put the muzzle/control on the dog because he was handicapped, he was bitten by a rattlesnake and couldn't use his left hand. However, shortly after that he could use that crippled hand to pick his nose and to handle and manipulate several sheets of paper. What a lying jerk!

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

All we had when the news people telling us about the snow like we didn't know.

Ah, yes the hysteria and shock when it snows a lot in the northeast. OMG! SNOW!

I just got about 5 minutes muted because the *Warning* violent yellow crawler at the top of the screen accompanied by beeps of a decibel level to bust eardrums wasn't enough and it had to be read ever so slowly by what sounded like a highly intoxicated robot. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

she was going to have to get back together with her ex in order to get her money back.

Right?! And with thought processes like that, these people probably scratch their heads and wonder why their relationships turn toxic; why they end up in court tying to be compensated for a broken phone and their “pain and suffering” only to be further mystified when a normal thinking person sends them home with nothing. Always remember fans, as the announcer tells us “The people are REAL” so we know some of these creeps live among us. Beware. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

"It wasn't me". Oh how I wanted to fly through that screen and smack the smirk off that fake-haired defendant in the window smashing case, even more than when I saw her the first time. 

"Somehow he thinks the def, who has the pretentiously-spelled name of "Chrystine" is responsible for breaking his a/c since she turned it on in the beater at the end of July. I mean, who does that? The Tweety-bird headed plaintiff then spends 1800$ to fix the relic. Silly little turd. I bet the mechanics laughed themselves sick.  The twerp wasted Byrd's time trying to find this POS in the KBB. Better try the archives. "

I'm shaking with silent laughter at my desk at work. More Tweety-bird headed than light bulb-headed as I thought when I saw it. 

Y'all had some snow? With the polar BOMB vortex thingamabob? Now y'all got winter storms with fierce names like Nemo and Trident while we Florida people got hurricanes named Irma and Wilma. My JJ comes on at 4 PM and gets interrupted for all kinds of random stuff like traffic snarls (it's on a Miami station - there are traffic jams with random yahoos shooting at each other every other day).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Somehow he thinks the def, who has the pretentiously-spelled name of "Chrystine" is responsible for breaking his a/c since she turned it on in the beater at the end of July. I mean, who does that? The Tweety-bird headed plaintiff then spends 1800$ to fix the relic. Silly little turd. I bet the mechanics laughed themselves sick.  The twerp wasted Byrd's time trying to find this POS in the KBB. Better try the archives. 

I don't know who was worse - the odd "Patron" plaintiff, or the overly dramatic defendant with her "I cried when that van pulled up" crap.  So then say "No thank you" and go rent a decent van.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Y'all had some snow? With the polar BOMB vortex thingamabob? Now y'all got winter storms with fierce names like Nemo and Trident while we Florida people got hurricanes named Irma and Wilma

I know, right?!  What's up with that?! We had one long ago called Beulah. We get updates like that when it rains and people drive their cars into the SAME flooded areas they did last time it rained. I swear, some of the footage they show is recycled. It rains.  People are dumb enough to drive into the water.  Enough!  It's Judy Time! Show me some new ignorant nimrods from Minnesota! (threw that in just for you, AH!)

11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I had to laugh at the plaintiff who was suing her ex after she lost, saying in the hallterview that she was going to have to get back together with her ex in order to get her money back.

Had forgotten that part!  Sometimes the hallterviews are so much more entertaining/informative than the court cases.

17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Upcoming Rap Star Bling!-Plaintiff suing for $5k, for rent, jewelry, and iPhone, and iWatch.   .....

Did anyone ever find anything on this up-and-comer?  We really, really need a "pop up video" version of Judge Judy to fill in those little gaps.  There's a whole lot of info out there on the interwebs that we SHOULD be privy to, as faithful viewers.  Inquiring minds need to know.  Because we are nosey like that. And these people are stupid.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

"Somehow he thinks the def, who has the pretentiously-spelled name of "Chrystine" is responsible for breaking his a/c since she turned it on in the beater at the end of July. I mean, who does that? The Tweety-bird headed plaintiff then spends 1800$ to fix the relic

when I was told I needed a new AC compressor to make my 18yo Ranger blow cold air I started rolling down the windows when it got hot - drove it a couple more years - when the 5 speed decided to become a 4 speed I sold the truck - only had a couple hundred thousand miles on it, too

Edited by SRTouch
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

when I was told I needed a new AC compressor to make my 18yo Ranger blow cold air I started rolling down the windows when it got hot - drove it a couple more years - when the 5 speed decided to become a 4 speed I sold the truck - only had a couple hundred thousand miles on it, too

We have a 19yo Ranger that runs like a top.  A/C still runs, we only had to replace the battery twice now, and the sliding cover for the bed is kaput, but otherwise perfect.  I hope it runs forever!

• Love 2

3 p.m. rerun-(3 p,m. and 5 p.m. today are all reruns)-

Limo Driver Ripped off by Company Owner- The plaintiff hires drivers as Independent Contractors, and claims the drivers have to pay for accident damages or other things that should be covered by insurance.    Limo driver/defendant has accident, owner of company takes all of his money for the damage to the limo from a traffic accident.    Limo company owner didn't show for the Labor Board hearings about non-payment of the limo driver (Limo driver won), and claims he was at a custody hearing in Tennessee.    It turns out he went on vacation, not to a hearing.    

Letter defendant submitted to Labor Board states unforeseen circumstances, for the December hearing, but it's not a custody hearing, but a vacation to Chattanooga with his daughter for a week.     Plaintiff didn't appear at hearing in April either

Defendant gets $1800 on his counterclaim for lost wages, and punitive damages, plaintiff gets nothing.

My Dog is a Mini Me!-Plaintiff wants money from an unpaid loan for vet bills, from his ex-girlfriend/defendant for an adorable little dog.   This is the one that the man doesn't remember his ex-girlfriend's birthday-the 4th of July.   Plaintiff wants $687 to pay the vet bill off.    Idiot defendant dog owner wasn't going to take the dog to the vet, because it costs so much.    $687 to plaintiff.

God Weighs in on Truck Dispute-Plaintiff wants illegal tow money back, value of truck that wasn't picked up,  and defendant is tow owner, and property manager who say the truck was illegally parked.     Defendant property manager claims it's not either plaintiff's property, and it's not registered to plaintiff, but his ex-brother-in-law and his wife.      Defendant's witnesses (the truck owner) says plaintiff never paid off the truck, so they never gave him the title.    The property manager says the truck wasn't properly parked, and didn't belong to the resident/plaintiff.     HOA property manager paid the tow fee, and that was a mistake.    I don't think anyone got paid.

Ex-lovers Leftovers-Plaintiff ex-girlfriend suing defendant ex-boyfriend for property she left behind at his house when she started couch surfing.       Plaintiff never paid rent after she moved out either.     Plaintiff can pick up TV within five days, and defendant wants back rent.  Since defendant knew where plaintiff was, and didn't serve her in rehab, then he gets nothing.  

BBQ Balancing Act!-Plaintiff suing defendant for BBQ grill (both are restaurant owners).   Defendant bought BBQ from plaintiff for $2800, and took possession.     Plaintiff received $1500, and defendant still owes $1300.    $1300 to plaintiff (I think I missed something with the numbers)

5 p.m. reruns-

Drunk Driving Freeway Brawl?!-Two men went out clubbing, were drunk, and fighting.    While driving home they got into a fight into the middle of the freeway, early in the morning.     Plaintiff claims the defendant reached back and smacked him in the head (he was sitting in the back seat).   The plaintiff hit the driver in the head a couple of times, while he was still driving.    Plaintiff demanded to be let out, and defendant let him out on the freeway, and they started fighting even more.     Another car stopped, and told the defendant to let the plaintiff go, and they all got in the car and left the plaintiff behind.    Plaintiff walked to the nearest exit, and someone at a building saw his injuries and called the police.    

The plaintiff has a restraining order that was granted against the defendant.     $2500 to plaintiff.

Don't Double Talk Me!-Plaintiff suing former friend for unauthorized credit card charges, and missing furniture.     Plaintiff never signed the lease on their joint apartment.     Defendant used the plaintiff's credit card (co-applicants on credit card to help credit history for defendant), defendant never paid the credit card bill, and plaintiff cancelled the card (yes, it's confusing).       Defendant was trying to get a car flipping business off the ground.   Defendant owes $4k, and plaintiff gets it.    

House Flipping 101: What Not to Do-Woman takes real estate how to flip course, and screws the flip up miserably.   Plaintiff is first time house flipper claims the defendant contractor scammed her.   Plaintiff hired the man to do the kitchen cabinets, maybe opening up a wall, and putting in a support beam.      Defendant claims he ordered cabinets, and plaintiff cancelled them, and there was a restocking fee.     Plaintiff gets $3000, even after advancing on the sacred desk of Judge Judy.   Plaintiff doesn't get the other $2k that she claims the man damaged in the house. 

I Threw a Ping pong ball , Not a Rock!-Plaintiff claims she manages an apartment house for free.    She claims that defendants moved in, are month to month tenants, and says she loaned an armoire, and two more pieces of furniture.     Defendants were going to renovate a bathroom in the building for the equivalent of $1k, and they ripped the bathroom out.     The bathroom remodel was hysterically bad, and will have to be gutted, and redone.   

The glass on the armoire is cracked, defendant says plaintiff's son broke it, and there are cigarette burns (she gets $250 for armoire).      Defendant claims plaintiff hit her car, and left the scene.     Defendants moved out suddenly, and claim (on video) plaintiff whacked their car with a rock.  Plaintiff claims it was a ping pong ball or rubber ball, defendant gets $.    Actually I'm no sure what the outcome was, they're all nuts.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Limo Driver Ripped off by Company Owner- The plaintiff hires drivers as Independent Contractors, and claims the drivers have to pay for accident damages or other things that should be covered by insurance. 

Once again, we can actually learn something from watching Judge Judy.

When you go to work for a company that calls you an "Independent Contractor" and doesn't have the proper insurance in place, the proper taxes filed, and the proper worker's compensation coverage, then everything is just fine. . .  until it isn't.

No joke, I really watch out for this after watching it on Judge Judy over and over.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

When you go to work for a company that calls you an "Independent Contractor" and doesn't have the proper insurance in place, the proper taxes filed, and the proper worker's compensation coverage, then everything is just fine. . .  until it isn't.

If you work as an independent contractor, then you cannot expect health coverage or other benefits, that is what "independent" means. However in this case the owner fudged so many details, including having these so-called contractors fill out a document described as an employment application that it made the whole labour situation rather fuzzy and open to interpretation.

What struck me most is how contemptuous he was of drivers, describing them all as liars and lazy cheaters. The money must be very good indeed in the limo business if you keep at it despite being so disgusted by the people you have to employ.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

What struck me most is how contemptuous he was of drivers, describing them all as liars and lazy cheaters.

He used to be a driver and no doubt was a rude, nickel-grabbing jerk so I guess he thinks all drivers are like him. I rewatchd this because I did enjoy how JJ filleted him so neatly and relentlessly.  Calling his employees independant contractors so he doesn't have pay any benefits is vile. Such a nasty, mean, tiny little man. 

• Love 6

Plaintiff claims it was a ping pong ball or rubber ball, defendant gets $.    Actually I'm no sure what the outcome was, they're all nuts.  

This case is a shining example of people not always appearing to be what they really are. In the beginning of this case I was impressed by the plaintiff. She was well put together, articulate and seemingly stable. Then you realize that she’s a liar and a bit of a psycho. It was was a “bouncy ball”. No? That’s not harmless enough. “It was a ping pong ball” Really? Ever try to throw a ping pong ball? It barely travels the length of the ping pong table let alone a parking lot.  On the flip side, the handy man defendant was exactly what he appears to be and that is a dopey, foggy eyed hack who shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near someone else’s property with a set of tools. Be gone all of you people.

Defendant used the plaintiff's credit card (co-applicants on credit card to help credit history for defendant)

With a statement like “I wasn’t obligated to pay” it’s clear why this scumbag has bad credit. He should probably have a prison jumpsuit also. And his “oh well, it was worth a try” smirk when JJ ruled in favor of the plaintiff tells us everything we need to know. And again, why an amateur would extend credit to an individual that professionals with deeper pockets shun is a brain numbing head scratcher. It’s sometimes hard to blame the victim, but FFS people...wake up. It’s $4,000 and an amount of cash you may never see in your lifetime. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

In the beginning of this case I was impressed by the plaintiff. She was well put together, articulate and seemingly stable.

A mature woman taking anything she had in her hand and throwing it at someone's car? Seriously? I love it when we have litigants like this, so sweet and polite and soft-spoken. THEN, we get a video showing them raging around like wild beasts, shrieking and cursing, high on drugs or booze and physically attacking someone or vandalizing property. The best part is when they stand there watching this with no expression. If that were me, I'd run from the courtroom and never stop running til I got home. I would be forever mortified. Doesn't bother them!

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I love it when we have litigants like this, so sweet and polite and soft-spoken. THEN, we get a video

I just posted on TPC... You'll love case #1 today.  Do not skip the hallterview!

• Love 2

3 p.m. rerun-

Teen Vandalizes Grandma's Car?! -Defendant teen is accused of vandalizing his sort-of Grandma's (plaintiff) car, witnessed by a neighbor.  Teen used to help grandma, then it changed when the witness moved in across the hall, and things changed.    Teen wanted grandma to buy computer, and he would teach her how to use it, but the teen never did.    The witness found out that the teen had purchased insurance for his phone, on her computer.    

Teen claims grandma purchased phone for him, and the charges were included on her account.    There was a restraining order request against teen, but it didn't go through.      Plaintiff grandma saw teen scratch her car with a rock, and plaintiff's witness claims her car was also damaged.     The two women were worried about the teen's brother retaliating (he also lives with teen's mother in the building).   Plaintiffs get $1200.    

Father Son Drug Drama!-Son was living with the father, and had money for medication, but the father took it instead.  The father is also wants money back for a plane ticket home from rehab for the son.      Plaintiff is doing better, and working    Plaintiff gets $680, minus the plane ticket price.

Fight at the Dealership!-Defendant claims ex-boyfriend assaulted her after they were thrown out of a car dealership for fighting.    Plaintiff ex-boyfriend is suing defendant over car charges for towing, and other car costs for car defendant co-signed for plaintiff.     Defendant found out he was cheating after co-signing for $15,000, and after she found out there were bullet holes in the car.    Defendant took the car keys, moved his car, it was impounded, and towed.      It $385 for car tow and impound fees and tow to the Bronx.    Replacement for key was $ 300.     Plaintiff broke her phone at the car dealership, when they were fighting.    $685 for the defendant.     

WW2 Guns, Ex-Wives and a Chop Saw-Plaintiff suing former friend and roommate for belongings he left behind when he moved out of defendant's house.  Plaintiff was broke, and lived rent free for three months, and claims the defendant stole his left behind property.    Plaintiff's car was shipped to Tennessee, and there was a U-Haul the ex-wife had that she took from storage at the defendant's place.     Another wandering 55" TV.   A bunch of back and forth about a washing machine, work on the plaintiff's car for free, and it's all boring.    A couple of doors that plaintiff gets back, with some scuba gear.  

Plaintiff tried to file a police report, but no copy.      Plaintiff will pick up dive stuff, bifold doors, and some other stuff, in the next five days.    Plaintiff gets nastier when JJ brings up the three months without paying.      Defendant forgave the rent to get the freeloader out.     

• Love 1
On 3/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendants moved out suddenly, and claim (on video) plaintiff whacked their car with a rock.  Plaintiff claims it was a ping pong ball or rubber ball, defendant gets $.  

I know when I'm supremely angry at somebody for trashing my house, throwing a ping pong ball is so incredibly satisfying (*snark*). 

On 3/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Drunk Driving Freeway Brawl?!-Two men went out clubbing, were drunk, and fighting. 

I would have paid big moolah to see two drunk guys beating the heck out of each other by the side of the highway in the middle of the night. I would have brought popcorn and pulled over like it was a drive-in movie.  Actually the whole scene sounds like something from a movie  especially when the Hennessy-and-cranberry infused cousins showed up (I'm thinking a Pineapple Express vibe). 

• LOL 3

That's not what happened in the freeway fight.    The first time I saw this, I thought they misspoke, and the fight was on the side of the road, but it was right in the middle of the highway.  They stopped in the middle of the road, and started fighting on the highway, not on the roadside.     Then after the second car picked up the driver and left, and I guess someone took his car too, the other man walked for half an hour on the roadside, to an exit, and someone saw him bleeding and called an ambulance.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

5 p.m. show NEW-

Roommate Meets Jail Cell!-Plaintiff will get a hearing on security deposit, and property the defendant roommates disposed of, and defendant's claim about breaking lease (defendants still live there).      Plaintiff will get back refrigerator, and KitchenAid mixer, within 5 days.   $1800 to plaintiff for security deposit.      Plaintiff spent one day in jail after the big fight.     Plaintiff wants his iPhone 8 that defendant has, with $800 owing on it.     JJ gives plaintiff nothing for iPhone.    I want to smash the damn phone just to get plaintiff to stop whining about it.

Pushing, Shoving and Bleeding?!-Plaintiff suing for damages from an assault (plaintiff lived in defendant's home).    Both litigants are well old enough to know how to behave, but apparently they don't act like grownups.    Defendant claims plaintiff didn't pay rent on time always.    Plaintiff's description of fight seems to be more pushing and shoving, than actual hitting.   Plaintiff also made a police report, and there's actually a copy in court.   

Defendant claims window damage from plaintiff crawling through the window.    Plaintiff moved, she gets nothing, and defendant didn't fix any damage, so she gets nothing.    

Rerun-

Damning Vandalism and Theft Caught on Tape?!-Defendant moves into woman's house, and plaintiff is suing for his video taped theft and damage of her property.      I remember this one, and the plaintiff is lucky she's not on the ID channel, as a victim.         Defendant stayed there from mid-September to the end of May.  He claims he paid in cash every month, but there are only seven months rent paid, and not one month.    The video of defendant, and girlfriend stealing and vandalizing the plaintiff's property is awful.   Defendant and girlfriend are both stealing a lot of stuff too.    Defendant seems to think everything on the video, is funny.   

Plaintiff gets $5000.  

Don't Call My Antiques Junk-(This is the wild case where the neighbor had a lot of his junk in the old store on the first floor of the two store, and house/apartment above it)    Plaintiff wants money to get the defendants stuff off the alleyway on the plaintiff's aunt's property, and he put a gate over the end of the alleyway, and all are on the plaintiff's property.    Plaintiff wants to rehab the property, and sell, and it will then be worth about $500k (it's worth about $150k now).    

The plaintiff (niece of owner with power of attorney) had a survey done, and defendant's stuff is clearly on the aunt's property, and plaintiff wants it out now, and the gate removed.      Defendant Jeremy Burmeister, claims it's all valuable for his art projects. 

The plaintiff has pictures of the junk, and it's not art work or valuable.    Plaintiff also claims he's adding to the pile too.    The plaintiff's witness is trying hard to not laugh herself off the chair.     The defendant only owns 3 ft. from his building, and stuff is way beyond that too, from the photos.   Plaintiff wants the stuff moved, and demolition money for the gate removal.   

The only mistake the plaintiff made is she didn't get an estimate for removal of the junk, and the gate.   Defendant has three days to remove his junk, and clear out the gate, or plaintiff will get money for dumpsters, labor, and removal fees.  This is a rerun, and I'm betting the plaintiff had to remove the junk, and get paid for it.  JJ is giving the plaintiff an order that if the junk isn't gone in three days, then she can call the sheriff, and get his junk out.      

(Warming about Monday's new episode, apparently plaintiff is suing for her dog dying, and she's laughing about it-guess who I already hate?)

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendant seems to think everything on the video, is funny.   

He thinks it’s funny because he’s a sociopath who’s likely spent a whole lot of time behind bars. Make book on it. He claims in hallterview that he left the state because she harassed him. Bullshit and that doesn’t even make sense. If he left for any other reason than to run from somebody more aggressive than her I’ll eat his shorts. And @CrazyInAlabama is absolutely right; the plaintiff is lucky to get out of that relationship with her skin. That guy is seriously dangerous.

• Love 6

I want to smash the damn phone just to get plaintiff to stop whining about it.

There's a very slight chance he might have stopped whining about it if JJ had only explained her reasons when announcing she would not consider that part of his claim; as presented, it seemed very arbitrary on her part (i.e the norm for her).

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

if JJ had only explained her reasons when announcing she would not consider that part of his claim; as presented, it seemed very arbitrary on her part

The fact that he left the residence without the phone suggests to me that he wasn’t using it himself and there is some question of ownership. It’s also likely that elements of his (the plaintiff’s) own statement called the phone’s ownership into question. I think this happens a lot and the litigants have a strong sense of why they are awarded (in this case) a mixer and a refrigerator and not an iPhone.  At one point he claimed that the phone was valued at $2,000 which would make it the most expensive iPhone ever and doesn’t make sense. I’m with you though; I’d like to know why. One thing for certain, that hellhole of a house reeks of stale beer and farts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5