Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Trini said:

I had my fun with that case by trying to figure out which of the defendant's eyes was the fake one. (Still haven't reached an answer yet...)

I was really interested in the 'painted mirror' case, because I really wanted to see what the mirror looked like! But it was just about painting the frame of an antique ...? I was kinda disappointed.

I looked it up too:  Chalk Paint.  Looks really crappy IMO.  I once had a mirror that ornate that was natural wood color, I wouldn't dream of painting it the grey-white color of a long-forgotten doggie doo in the yard.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Ditto. Too many morons watching too much really bad TV. I was kind of riveted by the plaintiff's earlobes. They were huge. 

I, too, was totally fixated on his earlobes.  I figured he must've made enormous holes in them with those gauge earrings, the ones designed to stretch the holes bigger and bigger.  And then, in my fevered imagining, I decided that the show's makeup people (if they exist--based on lots of previous litigants, I'm not so sure) concluded that those giant holes would freak out viewers, so they filled them with some kind of stage putty and then colored it to match his skin as closely as possible.  This was in lieu of doing something useful with a half hour of my life.

• Love 7

And then, in my fevered imagining, I decided that the show's makeup people (if they exist--based on lots of previous litigants, I'm not so sure) concluded that those giant holes would freak out viewers, so they filled them with some kind of stage putty and then colored it to match his skin as closely as possible.  This was in lieu of doing something useful with a half hour of my life.

On the contrary, that's really good use of a half-hour - more useful than the way most litigants fill their time. Oh, and hilarious. Yup. I mean "Yes."

• Love 3

I literally couldn't understand what Calvin was saying, so I never found out if plaintiff bought her TVs at an auto body shop or not.

Over the years I've always joked about "Allied College of Health Careers and  Auto Body Repairs" (or other nonsense and tagged "Auto Body Repairs" on the backside. Who knew you could get your dents fixed AND buy some TVs? I wonder if they will take my SNAP card?

• Love 5

Over the years I've always joked about "Allied College of Health Careers and  Auto Body Repairs"

Okay, that made me laugh loudly enough that my cat jumped off my computer desk where he was blocking my view of my screen. For that, I thank you.

There is actually a body shop here in hillbillyville that repairs televisions, vacuum cleaners, small appliances, etc. and part of the work order gives them a lien on the item if you don't pay for the repair within a certain amount of time, and that allows them to sell it.  My cousin threw an absolute fit when he ignored the notices that his piece of junk weed eater (I think) was ready and it was ultimately sold. It wasn't worth fixing in the first place. Said cousin has never met a drug he hasn't tried, so I have always assumed there was something hinky about that place, and they do just enough legitimate business to curtail suspicion or to cover their tracks.

There was a pawn shop that sold stolen merchandise, the kind that "fell off a truck" brand new, but dented box-like, and got caught when they reported that something someone had pawned showed up in the database of stolen items put out by the police, and the cop who showed up to retrieve the evidence wondered why they had so many of the same make and model of what he recognized as expensive Blu-Ray players among the obviously used DVD players. They claimed to have "bought them at auction" but their paperwork was crappy and as soon as the model numbers were researched the theft was discovered. They still claim that they didn't realize they were purchasing stolen items, but couldn't explain the exact location where the auction took place (a building in Pittsburgh), or why some of the items they purchased at that auction had clearly altered serial numbers. 

I'm still bitter that I didn't purchase that Kitchen Aid when I had the chance. Hmmpt.

• Love 5

There was a pawn shop that sold stolen merchandise, the kind that "fell off a truck" brand new, 

Many moons ago my cousin and I were hanging out at the Atlantic City Boardwalk with all our teenagers. We found a store that had Louis Vuitton purses and she bought a LV backpack with a hard shell outside.  At the time I was thinking "imagine that! a cheap LV!" Of COURSE it turned out to be fakey fake-fake-fake but my cousin insists it must have fallen off a truck brand new in Atlantic City (instead of falling into the trunk of some guy's Buick on Canal Street in NYC after its long trek from China) 

• Love 4

There is actually a body shop here in hillbillyville that repairs televisions, vacuum cleaners, small appliances, etc. and part of the work order gives them a lien on the item if you don't pay for the repair within a certain amount of time, and that allows them to sell it.

I love hearing stuff like this. Whenever I feel hard done by, or think I've made wrong decisions in my life, I read this forum and watch JJ, see the way other people live and get all puffed up at how well I've done.

• Love 9

No kidding, huh, AH?!  What charmed lives we lead!!

Today's cases:  The repeat of the family that took in teenage ne'er do wells and bought one of 'em A New Car!! Ha. Would love JJ to just ONCE say, "Byrd, cuff 'em! The Sherriff is waiting in the hallway!"  Haul that sorry ass off to jail.

The tenant who admitted he used crystal meth, collected a boat load of dollars for a non-work injury (which is allowed, I know), but still lives in his car? Again - would love for a Sheriff to be waiting in the "hallway" with a warrant for arrest. Too bad being dumb isn't a crime.  As for not getting receipts for payment of rent - not the landlord's responsibility! The receipt is to prove you paid it! Landlord can always say, "I didn't get it."  Good landlords will provide one, but like with anything, if you pay, you want to have proof you paid. Not unlike buying one's tvs from the auto body shop.

When I first started watching, I was annoyed by how often our dear judge would just dismiss something out of hand, or spout off with the, "I don't believe it!" business. However, having seen a goodly number of eps now, I too, can predict the nonsense that will often come spilling out, and see all of the same common bs.  After her many years on the real court, and this show, she really probably has seen it all a zillion times.

• Love 6
On 2016-07-08 at 4:32 PM, Spunkygal said:

I got a new episode where lover boy ditched bootylicious gf about two weeks after signing a lease with her. He left pregnant chihuahua locked in a spare bedroom and gf is sooooooo busy that she never let the dog out and fed it UNDER THE DOOR. The dog kept flinging itself against the door and gf finally broke the door down to find three surviving puppies with mama dog. As a lifelong dog owner, how is that possible that you feed a dog under the door and don't let the dog out or check on it? JJ awarded bootylicious $4800 in unpaid rent. Neither of those MF-ers should get anything. I can't imagine what that spare room...or the rest of the apartment was like. I am so sick of this world today. 

Holy F^@&!  I just watched this and am in disbelief!  The poor dog had babies on its own - which is often lethal for little chi's - she never checked on the dog. It was barking like crazy and she ignored it, just putting occasional food under the door. After 2 weeks of this and being ticketed for the noise, she went into the room and saw the 'disgusting mess' from the dog birth, and took the Mom and 3 pups who were still alive to the pound.

Judy's face said it all - it's one of the few times I've seen her shocked and wordless. The plaintiff didn't want to deal with a dog because she had a busy life "I'm gonna worry bout me first". At lease she would have had to deal with the dog excrement and pee, and dead puppy bodies.

There's a place in hell, and ms. plaintiff has a reserved spot there just waiting for her.

• Love 7

The tenant who admitted he used crystal meth, collected a boat load of dollars for a non-work injury (which is allowed, I know), but still lives in his car?

Oh, my. Mr. Crawford was fun. A "rageful" big-mouth, whose "jacked up" arm allows him to collect disability which gave him lots of time to do crystal meth. He declares that the defs never gave him receipts as though it's their fault, when he's a grown man who hands over cash and never once asked for a receipt. But all is not lost! He had his baptism certificate(!) and he goes to church three times a week "thank you very much!" So devout is he that he must get dressed in his church clothes in his car. I guess the church-going negates the fact that he's an addict who is scamming disability and who doesn't pay his rent. I bet he's scamming the church too.

The repeat of the family that took in teenage ne'er do wells and bought one of 'em A New Car!!

Something wrong with that woman. There's lots of ways to help out children who are abused and abandoned. Taking in 18 and 19-year olds who don't like the rules at the parents' house and who want to live for free and have a good time is not one of them. Weirdos.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

The tenant who admitted he used crystal meth, collected a boat load of dollars for a non-work injury (which is allowed, I know), but still lives in his car? Again - would love for a Sheriff to be waiting in the "hallway" with a warrant for arrest. Too bad being dumb isn't a crime.  As for not getting receipts for payment of rent - not the landlord's responsibility! The receipt is to prove you paid it! Landlord can always say, "I didn't get it."  Good landlords will provide one, but like with anything, if you pay, you want to have proof you paid. Not unlike buying one's tvs from the auto body shop.

Not just $19K for the injury, but $1200 a week in wages before that.  What was the injury?  Was it related to the tattoo?  He kept flexing that one muscle.  He was a scary dude.  And stupid -- suing for junk he left in the apartment, when he owed rent.  

Wonder what "chemicals" the son had to get rid of.

• Love 5
On 2016-07-08 at 5:49 PM, Brattinella said:

I THINK the gf got 4800 because the bf was marginally worse than her.  He was the one who just locked the dog in a room and left with no notice.  She was on the hook for the rest of the rent.  Oh man this case just gets my head spinning with rage!  They should both get some serious time or heart-felt payback.

In the halterview he clarified that he was kicked out. She said he 'kicked himself out' when he didn't get a job - in otherwords, she booted him when he didn't get a job.

On 2016-07-08 at 6:14 PM, Christina said:

Since it wasn't made clear during that episode, I have decided that she only did the food under the door for a day or two before breaking it down and taking the dog to the pound.

I just rewatched that part, and it was made clear.
P: They gave me a violation because the dog was too loud and barking all the time.
JJ: Well that doesn't sound like something that happened over a one day period.
P: I know it was like 2 weeks.
JJ: You mean you left the dog in the locked room for two weeks?
P: Yea I was feeding it under the door.   I didn't know what to do.
JJ: (look of confusion and stone)
Audience: (wtf?)
Satan: C'mon down, baby!

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I gotta stop thinking of that poor chihuahua and her pups. :(

I didn't see that case thank goodness and stopped reading the description when it dawned on me what it was about...

I really wish there was some warning in these court shows that state "this case contains sensitive material and may be disturbing to some viewers" but then again, most of the material and people in these court shows are disturbing. 

I just think the cases with animal abuse should contain some warning.  And maybe the one with Poleface Joe.  The warning with his case would only be to gather the youngins' round the tube to show the effect of demon rum.

Edited by PsychoKlown
messing with grammar
1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

I just think the cases with animal abuse should contain some warning.

I totally agree with this, and they should also warn us about upcoming  SPCA ads with abused pets!  :((

• Love 6

Ms. Cavulo (or whatever) Hated her annoying jack o' lantern grin, but she was very amusing. "This is a case of pure extortion. I wrote that check under duress! I feared for my life!" One would think her tenant was John Gotti, instead of the rather mild plaintiff.

And I have even seen glass eye take the eye out and wipe it off

He does this... in public? I have a thing about eyes, about anything being done to them, even in movies. I can't watch. If I saw someone pop out an eyeball I think I would be terminally creeped out.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

What was the injury?  Was it related to the tattoo?  He kept flexing that one muscle.  He was a scary dude.  And stupid -- suing for junk he left in the apartment, when he owed rent.  

Wonder what "chemicals" the son had to get rid of.

I don't think that was a muscle Mr. Personality was flexing.  It looked like a huge, knotty cyst or tooomah.  Can't imagine what kind of injury could have caused that.  It was on his right arm too, which must have made engaging in crystal meth a little challenging.  

So...he's paying for a storage unit rather than renting an apartment for a bit more money.  You know...where he can store the stuff and actually use it.  And what ever happened to the $19,000 settlement he received?  He got quite huffy when JJ suspected he spent it on drugs.  Because he was going to church 3 times a week, thank you very much.

Edited by Albino
  • Love 1

Ms. Cavulo (or whatever) Hated her annoying jack o' lantern grin, but she was very amusing. "This is a case of pure extortion. I wrote that check under duress! I feared for my life!"

if she was so askeered, why didn't she call her Nazi skinhead friend in to protect her? Oh, I know -- because all Nazi skins are nothing but illiterate crybabies whose only life skills are collecting welfare and saluting photos of Hitler taped over the various punch holes in the drywall of their grandparent's hunting shack.

I have a question about the storage wars/flea market case.  This is how I view the situation; is this how it actually worked out?  1) Plaintiffs loan defendants $3K.  2) Defendants pay back $2K of the amount, by allowing the plaintiff to work in the store.

In other words, the plaintiff had to go work for the defendants in order to get the loan back?  I was distracted while watching; did I miss something else to explain it?  The plaintiff essentially paid the defendant to go work for him?  And no one caught that? 

• Love 4

why didn't she call her Nazi skinhead friend in to protect her?

That was her son - her ex-con, skinhead, Neo-Nazi, heroin addict son. And you must be "respectful" towards him!

The plaintiff essentially paid the defendant to go work for him?

The way I understood it - and I admit my understanding of big-time wheelin', dealin' may be limited - plaintiff had to sell enough crap for a percentage to earn back his own money. So he wasn't being paid in that sense.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That was her son - her ex-con, skinhead, Neo-Nazi, heroin addict son.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery! I suppose I should have been paying better attention -- but she lost my full attention at "pure extortion" and my mind wandered to Words With Friends for the rest of the episode.

Oh, my. Mr. Crawford was fun. A "rageful" big-mouth, whose "jacked up" arm allows him to collect disability which gave him lots of time to do crystal meth

That guy creeped me out big time. I was trying to figure out how he jacked up his arm as a plumber - was he lying on his back fixing a pipe and something fell on him? Or did he set himself on fire with a blow torch? (or a meth pipe)? Did he hurt it trying to fix the RV in the middle of the desert or when he was digging a hole to bury all his barrels of cash? (oops, wrong show) 

Something wrong with that woman. There's lots of ways to help out children who are abused and abandoned. Taking in 18 and 19-year olds who don't like the rules at the parents' house and who want to live for free and have a good time is not one of them. Weirdos.

Ding, ding, ding another alarm going off in my head. Perfect set-up for too much mayhem. I guess I've watched too many episodes of Intervention where adult "friends" of teenagers end up sexually abusing the kids (both boys and girls). Not saying this is the cast but plaintiff also gave me the creeps. Maybe it's been all those ads for Suicide Squad on the TV. 

• Love 6

i dont have a DVR anymore bc I'm in the midst of moving to Hawaii

Was the boat actually stolen? I heard the guy say he wanted to be sure it was the same boat and then the plaintiffs won so I'm guessing it was.

FIRST CASE: Sometimes we get litigants who play word games, and from that time on I'm hoping JJ rules against them. In the first case some guy with a startup trucking company is suing his driver because the truck broke down and the driver quit when told he wasn't going to be paid for the down time whrn the truck was being repaired. Not only that, but he wants the driver to pay for a different driver to go pick up the truck. So, where does the word game come in. JJ starts out as always trying to get a little background. How long has he been in trucking, how long has the driver been a driver, how old is the truck, how many different drivers has he hired to drive his 1 truck - typical background stuff. Dude starts in with the game right off the bat. He's had the company six months. First driver lasted less than a month. Why was he fired? He couldn't insure the guy, but instead of saying that he wants to explain WHY he was denied insurance. The second driver he hired is the defendant. He's been a driver for 30+ years, but worked for this guy less than a month before the truck (actually the rag tag trailer) broke down.

JJ "How old was the truck?"

P "Well, it was older..."

JJ "Older than what?"

P "IT was kind of old"

JJ "IT was a 1994, right?"

P "Well, yeah."

JJ "So, it was ancient!"

I always wonder what the judge thinks about having to pry the answers out of a litigant... and what the litigant thinks they'll gain trying to play games

Anyway, the driver took it load from Indiana to Kentucky, where he was unloading it when the trailer broke. He calls in and tells the plaintiff he can get it unloaded, and since it's drivable (but can't be reloaded) he can take it to a garage he knows to be repaired. Plaintiff OKs the repair, and the driver spends a day getting it fixed, running to get parts etc. Then the kerfuffle about not being paid for down time. Plaintiff says there was no discussion, finally admits there was a text exchange. Driver quits, tells plaintiff where to pick up the truck, and leaves it at the shop. Plaintiff argues his ex-employee is responsible to drive the drive to where the job started. Not really clear, but in hallterview sounds like he wanted driver to pay for deliveries that couldn't be made with the truck when it was in the shop. JJ tells him, once the driver quit because of the down time pay dispute, he no longer had any responsibility beyond telling him where to pick up the truck. JJ dismisses the case and advises him he really shouldn't be involved in a business he doesn't know. Kind of harsh, but I agree. As I understand it, a trucker is paid a set amount, and then usually so much per mile on top when actually driving. Look at all the truckers sitting around waiting to be loaded or unloaded. They're getting paid. They get paid when they're broken down, or sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting - but get paid more if they're putting mile on the truck. So, if your truck us "ancient" and always in the shop, drivers aren't going to be working for you for very long. Only reason they wouldn't get paid would be if they caused damage through some negligence.  Oh, and JJ told the plaintiff to pay the driver the down time.

SECOND CASE: Plaintiff buys a boat from defendant, but the boat is confiscated as it's been stolen. Silly plaintiff expects JJ to give her money for stuff without receipts. Heck when asked she not only doesn't have a receipt, she "at this moment she's not exactly sure." Ummm, how does she expect to collect when she can't tell the judge what her damages are? Maybe JM would agree to administer some "rough justice", but JJ doesn't play that way. Defendant goes down swinging. Says he has never been approached by law enforcement, so he doesn't believe he sold her a stolen boat. Ah, but JJ believes he did, so she wins. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, califred said:

Was the boat actually stolen? I heard the guy say he wanted to be sure it was the same boat and then the plaintiffs won so I'm guessing it was.

We may never know, defendant insists he doesn't believe it was because law enforcement has yet to ask him about the boat. The important thing is JJ decided it was. Since he's not actually out any money, seeing as how production will be paying the award, he'll probably drop it. 

• Love 1

Oh, and JJ told the plaintiff to pay the driver the down time.

Thank you. The weather nuts decided the new ep of JJ was a good time to butt in to inform us about thunderstorms, such a shocking development in the middle of July. Thunderstorms in summer in the north east! *gasp!* The weather guy was really jonesing about that. I thought they would content themselves with screeching beeps and crawlers, which they did for awhile, until the new ep.

Plaintiff buys a boat from defendant

The most amazing thing to me about this case is that the plaintiff is twenty years old, the oldest looking twenty-year old ever.

• Love 5

RERUN CASE: AH, yet another in a long line of tenants who appear before JJ ate the steak but don't feel obligated to pay for it. And, like many litigants who expect to get sonething for nothing, they don't feel the need follow the court protocol - right off the bat defendant is shouting out while JJ asks the plaintiff questions. Plaintiff and her witness have trouble speaking out as well, cross talking from both sides of the aisle - JJ must have been in a mellow mood, since she let them all get away with it for quite a while. One month they don't pay because of bed bugs. They try to argue that the lease requires the landlord pay for every other month Orkin visits. The landlord did pay, and Orkin came. Those visits are no guarantees all pests will be exterminated... some pests require special treatment (bed bugs and termites come to mind).  Far as I know, Orkin promises to come back if you see the pest they're spraying for, not that you'll never see that kind of pest. Next month they don't pay because the plumbing is messed up. Every month something is wrong, so they don't pay rent. Hey, it COULD happen if you leased a dump and the landlord wouldn't fix anything. JJ would tell you to "JUST MOVE!", but many of us can't just write a check for first, last, and security, write a check to some movers, and move - especially when we're already obligated to a lease at the first place.

No, what I would recommend is to pay the rent, not to the landlord, but to a bank account. Then file a complaint with whatever agency or housing court in your community protects the renter. When you get before the judge or arbitrator, it's a lot better to say you've been paying the rent money on time every month, but to a bank instead to the evil slumlord. If you win, great, you won't owe any back rent, you have money to move, and you might even get some money from the slumlord to help you move. If you lose, well at least you have the back rent to pay, but you may owe additional money in late payments, and may end up with an eviction on your record.

Eventually, after who knows how many warnings, defendant shouts out 1 too many times and JJ tells her they're done, and plaintiff wins. Even as JJ is announcing the ruling defendant interrupts and wants to talk about the cost of bedding damaged by the bedbugs. Good grief, JJ explained several times the plaintiff was not responsible for the bedbugs.

SECOND CASE:  Mom calls step-father of her adult son to tell him son is very sick and not expected to live. Parents have been divorced 30 years, and it's been 23 years since dad has seen son. Dad almost looks like a cadaver, supposed to be 60 something but I would have guessed much older. Anyway, dad is broke, and eventually mom agrees to buy him a plane ticket, but explains money is tight for her, too, so he has to be sure to pay her back. Dad says sure, in fact he should be able to pay half when he gets there. All the time she's telling her story he's shaking his head no. Dad makes the trip on her money, and she actually puts him up in her home. Thankfully, not only got to see son, but son is alive, in court, and looking pretty good. (We don't know what his problem was, JJ says that's not important to the case, but he's still thin and looks like he may has the peach fuzz post chemo hair look going.) Dad seems to imply he was lied to, and there wasn't all that great urgency for him to make the trip, after all son recovered. In hallterview he tells us he thinks the dying son story was "bogus". Dad must have repeated that the deal was that "he would pay what he could when he could" a half dozen times. JJ replies the time to pay is now. 

• Love 2

No, what I would recommend is to pay the rent, not to the landlord, but to a bank account.

But the whole point is to keep squatting there as long as possible, and not pay rent to anyone. It amazes me that anyone wants to be a landlord these days. Of course most of the landlords here know zip about the laws, so they probably have no idea what they're getting into.

One month they don't pay because of bed bugs

Those two can't or won't pay rent so think it's a good time to escalate their playing house and have a blessed event. God, that woman was mouthy and irritating.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SRTouch said:

SECOND CASE: Plaintiff buys a boat from defendant, but the boat is confiscated as it's been stolen. Silly plaintiff expects JJ to give her money for stuff without receipts. Heck when asked she not only doesn't have a receipt, she "at this moment she's not exactly sure." Ummm, how does she expect to collect when she can't tell the judge what her damages are? Maybe JM would agree to administer some "rough justice", but JJ doesn't play that way. Defendant goes down swinging. Says he has never been approached by law enforcement, so he doesn't believe he sold her a stolen boat. Ah, but JJ believes he did, so she wins. 

I really disagreed with JJ on this case.  The guy said he'd never gotten any kind of indication from law enforcement that the boat was stolen, and he said he didn't think the VIN on the boat that the woman was claiming was confiscated didn't match the VIN of the boat he sold.  JJ couldn't even be bothered to take two minutes to compare the numbers.  And if the boat had been confiscated by LEOs, why did she still have the title?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, califred said:

Lucky you!!  I'm in the process of packing too, moving to Charlotte NC at the end of the month. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SRTouch said:

JJ would tell you to "JUST MOVE!", but many of us can't just write a check for first, last, and security, write a check to some movers, and move - especially when we're already obligated to a lease at the first place.

And you are exactly right in most "real" instances. These people, and many of those who show up here, aren't paying anything. So the $300, $600, $1000 a month folks like this never pay ought to add up to a tidy nest egg.  But again, that would mean they'd end up paying, rather than squatting.  And may never had any intent to pay to begin with. These people were rent-to-own, as well.  For $300 a month?  Wow.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

These people, and many of those who show up here, aren't paying anything. So the $300, $600, $1000 a month folks like this never pay ought to add up to a tidy nest egg.  But again, that would mean they'd end up paying, rather than squatting.  And may never had any intent to pay to begin with. These people were rent-to-own, as well.  For $300 a month?  Wow.

Well, that's another puzzle. They're rent to own, but the landlord leased to another tenant in the same house. When the defendant first moved in there were actually three tenants, the defendant and two other tenants? I don't get that. Why would someone sign a rent to own contract, and then let someone else rent out rooms in the house? How would you even write the rent to own contract? Does he person hoping to own the place pay on a sliding scale depending on how many rooms are rented out to others? Sort of sounds like that's what happened. Her rent increased because one of the other tenants left and wasn't replaced. I mean, my trailer was rent to own, and I rented out a bedroom, but I controlled who rented the room, how much he paid, and he paid me his rent. The way they were talking, I could be a month shy of paying off my trailer and get stuck with some month to month tenant from hell. Or, my landlord could just not look for a tenant, stick me with the whole rent, and I might have to default and lose the place after making payments for years. Makes no sense to me. I wouldn't agree either as the current owner or as the tenant hoping to become the new owner.

• Love 4

They're rent to own, but the landlord leased to another tenant in the same house. When the defendant first moved in there were actually three tenants, the defendant and two other tenants? I don't get that.

I don't get any of the doings in Shadytown, the place where so many of the litigants "stay." Because no one ever "lives" anywhere, or quite owns anything, or really has anything "underneath" his/her own name.

• Love 4

Oh, Byrd.  In one of this morning's reruns, the plaintiff was suing for having to take time off for work, and JJ asked him how much he made and who he worked for.  He said that he works for Disney (in Orlando), and he said that he made $14 a day.  JJ was taken aback at that.  "I know Disney has a reputation, but still, $14 a day!"  And Byrd said, "That's Goofy."  The guy did correct himself to say $14 an hour.

• Love 7
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:46 AM, Mondrianyone said:

I figured he must've made enormous holes in them with those gauge earrings, the ones designed to stretch the holes bigger and bigger

Could somebody somewhere explain the purpose of those earrings and the benefits of a stretched out earlobe?

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 3

Ditto....I'm an old fart and to me it's like getting tats you'll regret 30-40 yrs from now (know a few guys my age who regret theirs...tats don't hold their integrity).  You're not gonna be wearing those 10-20 yrs from now) you'd have to have surgery to close up those holes.

Man, the cases I caught today were priceless.  Even made Mr. Songbird watch one ep.  Dude with his mom suing ex for a loan.  Piece of work.  3 kids, incarcerated twice for narcotics, smartmouthed JJ and Byrd took him out (sigh...if only literally).  Wife seemed like a reasonably intelligent woman (I'll never understand how we women get involved with these lowlifes).

Next case def was drunk on his asssss.....again the pl was a smart lady....wtf?

• Love 3

Wow!  Mr Foxworthy, of contractor-fame, is certainly the sleazy character!  I do not understand why she didn't rule in favor of Mr Drummond, who was left with a house with orange polka-dots and loose insulation under the sink with the Windex!  JJ seemed aghast at his shoddy workmanship (and I guarantee you, SHE wouldn't allow that man to leave HER house like that!)  Mr Foxworthy was hmming and hawing and avoiding questions, and he didn't FINISH THE JOB!  He said that the job he did was "typical".  Gah! I think Mr Drummond deserved every penny of the $5000 maximum!  What changed her mind??

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, One More Time said:

Could somebody somewhere explain the purpose of those earrings and the benefits of a stretched out earlobe?

Cross-ventilation???

Seriously, I have no idea.  I looked it up for you, and this article says things about cultural solidarity and tribalism and other stuff that seems pretty meaningless, but lots of people are doing it, so I'm probably too fogey-ish to get it.

I actually had to have lobe-repair surgery back in the late 80s, early 90s, because I had a habit of wearing heavy earrings and one day I woke up with a two-part earlobe.  That was gross enough.  I wouldn't want a hole big enough for a parakeet to live in.  (Although that might be kind of cute!)

• Love 5
(edited)

this article says things about cultural solidarity and tribalism and other stuff that seems pretty meaningless,

Exactly. It's all the dimwits with their Maori tats. I remember JJ asking one of them why he had those tats. "They're tribal," he said. "Are you in a tribe?" she asked. No, he wasn't. Those tats and body modifications have a clear historical and cultural meaning to those people, unlike the clueless fools who get them because they think it's trendy or hot.

Piece of work.  3 kids, incarcerated twice for narcotics, smartmouthed JJ and Byrd took him out (sigh...if only literally). 

Haven't seen this yet, but got all excited with visions of sugarplums dancing in my head when I got to the "Byrd took him out" part. Yes, we can dream, can't we?

Gah! I think Mr Drummond deserved every penny of the $5000 maximum!  What changed her mind??

Seemed to be the text from the plaintiff agreeing to pay the 1,119-odd dollars.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Wow!  Mr Foxworthy, of contractor-fame, is certainly the sleazy character!  I do not understand why she didn't rule in favor of Mr Drummond, who was left with a house with orange polka-dots and loose insulation under the sink with the Windex!  JJ seemed aghast at his shoddy workmanship (and I guarantee you, SHE wouldn't allow that man to leave HER house like that!)  Mr Foxworthy was hmming and hawing and avoiding questions, and he didn't FINISH THE JOB!  He said that the job he did was "typical".  Gah! I think Mr Drummond deserved every penny of the $5000 maximum!  What changed her mind??

I think it was the $8K estimate to fix the damage supposedly done by Mr. Foxworthy.  That's a lot of money for some sheetrock in an attic.

If the contractor had really blown in so much insulation that it damaged the sheetrock, plaintiff should have been awarded something.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, momtoall said:

Lucky you!!  I'm in the process of packing too, moving to Charlotte NC at the end of the month. 

I'm in Wilmington NC now and wish I was staying.  Marine Corps has quite the sense of humor.  Kid going to college here - send us for my dhs last three years in Hawaii.  

1 hour ago, OhioSongbird said:

Dude with his mom suing ex for a loan.  Piece of work.  3 kids, incarcerated twice for narcotics, smartmouthed JJ and Byrd took him out (sigh...if only literally).  Wife seemed like a reasonably intelligent woman (I'll never understand how we women get involved with these lowlifes).

JJ, shrieking at Mr. Piece of Work:  I'M NOT SPEAKING TO YOU!

Mr. Piece of Work to JJ:  WELL I'M SPEAKING TO YOU!

What a useless moron.  And then the loving grandmother also wants money to pay for having to buy food for her own grandchildren on visitations, and gas mileage for taking them to see Daddy in jail.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Love 7

What a useless moron.

How cute. The diminutive "Bobby", looking as though he stepped out of remake of "The Grapes of Wrath - ex-con, drug addict, doesn't work, doesn't support his kids (no one has told him he has to!), 35 years old and has to get money from Mommy to buy a 1984 car, very rightly got his little hackles up at being "disrespected" by JJ. Bobby deserves respect! Well, I guess his "fiance" thinks so. SHE really wants him.  "Oh, how I love that man of mine. *Swoon*."

I wish Byrd had picked him up with one arm and carried him out.

• Love 6