Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Tickle Me Pink

Angela really thought both Michelle & Gilda would buy what she was selling.  I loved Gilda shutting her down again, though I'm sure Andrea will continue to try to keep her narrative intact.  I did think it was rude that Anne assumed Angela was taking advantage of her assistant, but maybe Anne saw RHoMelbourne and thought she was seeing the New Zealand version of Lydia and her housekeeper.

And, Anne?  Anyone who takes such joy out of how many times she can say "pussy" in a night really shouldn't clutch her pearls at some sex toys.  Although she's right that it wasn't the correct setting.  And wow is she classist!  Yes, Julia showed off sex toys because she wasn't raised with money. GMAFB.  I'm sure the "elite" aren't impressed with your behavior either.

And I cracked up when Michelle continued to covet Anne's furs.  "I don't think you can be an animal advocate & wear fur…give them to ME!"  Ha!

• Love 2

Watching Gilda simply not give a flying fuck about Angela while Angela tries to get Gilda to play ball is the most entertaining thing I have seen in a long time!  The bored detachment reads so clearly on Gilda's face, almost as crystal clear as the desperation reads on Angela's.  Yikes!

I also loved Louise simply walking away after Julia's completely random freakout during the acting class.  Julia's so delusional thinking Michelle was on her side regarding Louise--everyone present was quite taken aback during her little performance, just like they were during the sex toy demonstration!  No, honey, your husband wasn't proud of you or your behavior in that moment.  Julia is as insecure as Angela is desperate; those two are the weakest links!  I could watch Anne, Louise, Gilda and Michelle all day...even Angela and her delusions are becoming hate-watch-worthy versus merely annoying.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Angela really thought both Michelle & Gilda would buy what she was selling.  I loved Gilda shutting her down again, though I'm sure Andrea will continue to try to keep her narrative intact.  I did think it was rude that Anne assumed Angela was taking advantage of her assistant, but maybe Anne saw RHoMelbourne and thought she was seeing the New Zealand version of Lydia and her housekeeper.

And, Anne?  Anyone who takes such joy out of how many times she can say "pussy" in a night really shouldn't clutch her pearls at some sex toys.  Although she's right that it wasn't the correct setting.  And wow is she classist!  Yes, Julia showed off sex toys because she wasn't raised with money. GMAFB.  I'm sure the "elite" aren't impressed with your behavior either.

And I cracked up when Michelle continued to covet Anne's furs.  "I don't think you can be an animal advocate & wear fur…give them to ME!"  Ha!

Yeah here is this wizened little Bevis and Butthead:  "pussy...heh heh heh....pussy...heh heh heh" trying to act lofty.  I hoping Anne is a little dotty due to advancing years and just not glaringly stupid and crass.

14 hours ago, strongoxman said:

Watching Gilda simply not give a flying fuck about Angela while Angela tries to get Gilda to play ball is the most entertaining thing I have seen in a long time!  The bored detachment reads so clearly on Gilda's face, almost as crystal clear as the desperation reads on Angela's.  Yikes!

I also loved Louise simply walking away after Julia's completely random freakout during the acting class.  Julia's so delusional thinking Michelle was on her side regarding Louise--everyone present was quite taken aback during her little performance, just like they were during the sex toy demonstration!  No, honey, your husband wasn't proud of you or your behavior in that moment.  Julia is as insecure as Angela is desperate; those two are the weakest links!  I could watch Anne, Louise, Gilda and Michelle all day...even Angela and her delusions are becoming hate-watch-worthy versus merely annoying.

Granted I think that they are all the weakest links.  They should all be sent back and the show re-cast.  Gilda is horrid and as strange and incredibly unappealing Angela is, I think she and Michelle have all the sophisticated snark as a telenovela.  They are dim and nasty and Angela is too easy of a target.  Doesn't make Angela not stupid and not offensive in her right.  Its just they all come off as trying too hard and now of them seem even in the same hemisphere as the fabulous they want to pretend to via this type of show. 

Julia is a piece of work with her fumbling weird attempts at being risque and dropping double entendres (like bricks on bare toes).  She has some serious arrested development going on it seems to me.  I can't remember, because they all are incredibly boring even when Angela does her best impression of having just bought a new pair of black sneakers and getting ready to drink her purple kool-aid to join the gods in their comet driven spaceship.  But does Julia have kids?  Because I really hope they are spending some of their money on good private education.

• Love 2

Angela is so horrible, so unaware about how she comes off. How she talks to Lea is disgusting. If you wanted someone to drive you around, why import someone from France? And then constantly refer to them as your "french PA". 

Julia and the sex toys was just gross. 

• Love 4
On 9/7/2016 at 2:21 AM, strongoxman said:

I was LIVING for Gilda's complete disinterest. One of these New York Housewives needs to watch this episode and repeat to Bethenny "next time, leave your brand at home." Dead bitch. Dead.

On 9/7/2016 at 4:37 PM, tenativelyyours said:

Julia is a piece of work with her fumbling weird attempts at being risque and dropping double entendres (like bricks on bare toes).  She has some serious arrested development going on it seems to me.  

I was watching her weird fumbling with the sex aids wondering if Julia was the New Zealand representative for Bedroom Kandi. At this point, I'm wondering why this doesn't happen more with Bravolebrities. We've watched wives on multiple continents. They've become friends with wives from other franchises after appearing at upfronts and doing appearances together. Don't start flashing sex toys for free. At the very least, pick up an extra paycheck if you can.

On 9/7/2016 at 2:21 AM, strongoxman said:

Julia is truly terrible. I have no idea how she didn't realize that her acting out was going to go over like a lead balloon because even the acting instructor looked bothered. Her husband didn't look too fond of her when she started mentioning the sex toys.

Anne making dumb gross pronouncements about old money versus new old money gets on my nerves. I've had the opportunity to get to know bigger money (billions) and older money (nobility, Mayflower, and people descended from early industralists) than Anne. She needs to stop her grand statements about the difference between blah and blaaaaah. My siblings and I threw an anniversary party for our parents. We had politicians, celebrities, neighbors, friends, and family attend. My mom was a social worker and thought nothing of introducing her former client to the billionaire she met while serving on the board of a charity. Anne is a snob who is pointlessly stupid and exclusionary. In conclusion, shut up Anne!

• Love 4

These women watched too many episodes of "The Real housewives of ..." and incorporated the worst of them all into the first few episodes.  Boring, irrelevant, insipid, ridiculously pretentious and cutthroat catty - we've seen it all before, ladies, without your charming "eccents".

Oz may have flies, but they're at least they're sometimes entertaining.

Such a disappointment, since NZ is my favorite foreign country.

• Love 1

I love that Anne basically talked to Lea as if she might be a victim of human trafficking.

Angela is so fake with her pretend crying over her crappy car and that she kept bring it up to Lea who was obviously upset about it.

I noticed Anne was wearing one of her furs that she "never" wears. 

• Love 3

Most animal activists I know would be horrified to wear a fur coat. Anne claiming 'at least it's not made out of cats' doesn't make it acceptable. 

When Lea was in the elevator, did anyone else catch Angela saying she was 'disorientated'? I also don't believe Lea is basically being held hostage. First of all, her job doesn't exactly look that taxing and if she doesn't like working for Angela, she can go home. 

If Julia was attempting to prove how classy she is, she blew it when she chose to show everyone the sex toys.

While it's amusing to watch these women try to one up each other, I think playing 'keeping up with the Joneses' would be exhausting. 

Louise needs a hair makeover because her current style looks like it was cut by someone who'd gone blind. 

Even though Gilda continues to take no nonsense from Angela, it still doesn't negate the fact she's a cold fish. With all her money maybe she can get the stick up her ass surgically removed.   

• Love 2

I think I enjoy this show for the accents, mostly, and because there are things I don't believe yet they keep insisting they're true. Michelle was a paid model (her face in the opening credits...), Angela is actually furnishing or buying a home in the city, Julia is significantly younger than her husband- I like their commitment to facts I can't believe.  

Gilda may be my favorite because she's a full cast member doing pretty much nothing, down to rarely appearing. It's impressive. 

Julia reminds me of Alex from NY, so much so that I'd like to see them interact. 

Last thought- that poor French girl looks perpetually terrified. I can forgive Anne everything else just because she checked in with her. Didn't do anything, but at least she asked questions. 

On 8/13/2017 at 11:43 AM, phoenix780 said:

Last thought- that poor French girl looks perpetually terrified. I can forgive Anne everything else just because she checked in with her. Didn't do anything, but at least she asked questions. 

She spoke to her in her native tongue and gave her a chance to vent about her employer. I agree with the "perpetually terrified" comment. Does she have to work a certain amount of time to collect her paycheck? Like a minimum of one month? Did she come through an agency? 

She didn't look too shabby in her Hermes scarf (1k) for whatever her situation is. 

• Love 1

None of these women are any fun, and like Walnut Queen (& Dr Toothbrush) said, they have jumped right in with the nastiness. I did have to laugh at Michelle's husband yawning while she was filling him in on the Louise/Julia drama on the drive to Julia's vineyard.  

Julia really needs to learn to read a room. Between the sex toys and the acting class, her behavior was inappropriate for the company &/or setting. 

I really think Lea is an actress playing a role, and not a lonely terrified PA from France. But I did like how kind Anne was to her, so if my actress theory is correct, the other cast members may not be aware. 

On 9/6/2016 at 11:09 PM, OnceSane said:

That was funny! Loved it!

On 9/7/2016 at 4:37 PM, tenativelyyours said:

when Angela does her best impression of having just bought a new pair of black sneakers and getting ready to drink her purple kool-aid to join the gods in their comet driven spaceship. 

YES!!! The big, non-blinking eyes and never changing smile are kinda starting to freak me out. 

On 8/12/2017 at 1:07 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Angela is so horrible, so unaware about how she comes off. How she talks to Lea is disgusting. If you wanted someone to drive you around, why import someone from France? And then constantly refer to them as your "french PA". 

You answered your own question ;-) It's so she can constantly refer to her as her French PA. I'm sure it sounds terribly chic, and Angela is a stylist you know. She's written books and everything, and will be glad to bring a rolling rack full of clothes when invited to your home for tea. Just in case you haven't heard..lol  Although as I posted above, I am not 100% sure that Lea isn't an actress playing a role. 

On 8/13/2017 at 10:43 AM, phoenix780 said:

Julia reminds me of Alex from NY, so much so that I'd like to see them interact. 

She really does! 

• Love 2
On September 7, 2016 at 3:21 AM, strongoxman said:

The bored detachment reads so clearly on Gilda's face, almost as crystal clear as the desperation reads on Angela's.  Yikes!

Ha!  She reminds me so much of an older Anfisa from 90 Day Fiancee.  Maybe she could be her mentor....