Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Don't Go

Empress1
  • Start Topic

Fitty just drags the show down. I'm interested in the Milan plot because it seems impossible to thwart him. Then we cut to Kanan smothering an old lady and I'm like, why, show? Kanan looks too good for a man that got fried extra crispy.

Dre is a damn fool. I wanted Ghost to tell/yell at him that he (Dre) has a chance to get out clean and make something of himself. Why dive right back into the life? But you can take the boy off the corner, but you can't get corner mentality out of him.

Ghost is really a piece of work. Good on Tasha for standing her ground and not giving Ghost any money. Really motherfucker? You pull all of that shit and then have the nerve to ask for help?

I'm tired of Tariq and his angst. Tasha should drop his ass off in East New York and scare his privileged ass straight.

• Love 10

Good grief, how old are you, Angela? 12? I love that Tommy wants to kill her since she's the root of all the world's problems. Except she may end up being James' way out of this Serbian gangster mess.

I'm already over Milan. He's coming across like a cartoon villain to me. He's Boris Badenov and his woman is Natasha Fatale.

Tariq needs his ass beat.

Yeah, we're gonna see what kind of badass Tariq is when he realizes his dad's new pal Milan would just as soon kill him (and eat him) as look at him if James doesn't play ball. He has no clue what kind of fragile cocoon he's living in. The sidepiece is the least of his worries.

But I still like him better than Cannah and his sister, lol.

Well those two idiots set the bar pretty low. They have a similar father to Tariq though. Ray tries to compartmentalize everything too and his children have had to start acting out to get much of his attention.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

man ghost is fucked and has no one to blame but himself.

poor Tariq is out of his mind, talkin to his mom like that and calling her a liar. it was funny watching Tasha call Ghost to straighten Tariq, we both know how that scenario would've played out with a black mom in real life...she would have laid that boy out and THEN called his father to handle it. also, although the boy was right when he refered to Angela as Ghost's side bitch he still was out of line. im sure it hurt him to see his fathers reaction to him saying that though. poor Tariq is just in a downward spiral and I think he may get killed as early as this season.

who does Angela think she is to continue coming to the St. Patrick residence???? and then to try to shame Tasha for "taking him back", HA! im glad Tasha held her own and hit Angela in the gut with the "im his wife and he is the father of my kids, he never left and he was fucking me the whole time" YESSSSS Tasha *handclap*.  

Tommy poor Tommy. im sure at this point he is suicidal due to the news about holly being pregnant. wonder how Milan will try to use him now that he know that Tommy is basically hopeless for the time being. clearly he is going to try to flip Tommy against Ghost so that will be interesting to see how all of that plays out.

Tatiana isn't dead???? what?!?!?? lol Milan is like 10 steps ahead of Ghost. the way he showed up to Ghost's crib and basically blackmailing and threatening Ghost with a charming smile....DOPE. also love how Milan shifts between accents. that actor is doing great. I wonder what significance the cigarettes Milan smoke is going to play?? the camera made sure to focus on them..

that lady interviewing the task force is smart! she is going to get her answers plus more in due time. something tells me that mike will be implicated with the lobos escape but I also think Angela and Greg will face some kind of discipline as well.

we already know this but i just wanna reiterate it......Kanan is ruthless. suffocated someones grandma with a 'Jesus Saves' pillow DIS TEW MUCH. wonder whats behind that wall with the hole in it?? and I wonder who the old lady was to Ghost?? anyways Kanan better watch himself, I can see him and Dre interfering with things and then being killed and eaten by Milan for it.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, aarondk88 said:

man ghost is fucked and has no one to blame but himself.

poor Tariq is out of his mind, talkin to his mom like that and calling her a liar. it was funny watching Tasha call Ghost to straighten Tariq, we both know how that scenario would've played out with a black mom in real life...she would have laid that boy out and THEN called his father to handle it. also, although the boy was right when he refered to Angela as Ghost's side bitch he still was out of line. im sure it hurt him to see his fathers reaction to him saying that though. poor Tariq is just in a downward spiral and I think he may get killed as early as this season.

who does Angela think she is to continue coming to the St. Patrick residence???? and then to try to shame Tasha for "taking him back", HA! im glad Tasha held her own and hit Angela in the gut with the "im his wife and he is the father of my kids, he never left and he was fucking me the whole time" YESSSSS Tasha *handclap*.  

Tommy poor Tommy. im sure at this point he is suicidal due to the news about holly being pregnant. wonder how Milan will try to use him now that he know that Tommy is basically hopeless for the time being. clearly he is going to try to flip Tommy against Ghost so that will be interesting to see how all of that plays out.

Tatiana isn't dead???? what?!?!?? lol Milan is like 10 steps ahead of Ghost. the way he showed up to Ghost's crib and basically blackmailing and threatening Ghost with a charming smile....DOPE. also love how Milan shifts between accents. that actor is doing great. I wonder what significance the cigarettes Milan smoke is going to play?? the camera made sure to focus on them..

that lady interviewing the task force is smart! she is going to get her answers plus more in due time. something tells me that mike will be implicated with the lobos escape but I also think Angela and Greg will face some kind of discipline as well.

we already know this but i just wanna reiterate it......Kanan is ruthless. suffocated someones grandma with a 'Jesus Saves' pillow DIS TEW MUCH. wonder whats behind that wall with the hole in it?? and I wonder who the old lady was to Ghost?? anyways Kanan better watch himself, I can see him and Dre interfering with things and then being killed and eaten by Milan for it.

This. An amazing read!

• Love 1

im not surprised at Tariq for not getting any real discipline. the kid is a privileged spoiled brat. probably has never had any real punishment in his life other than being grounded for a week at the most

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, aarondk88 said:

im not surprised at Tariq for not getting any real discipline. the kid is a privileged spoiled brat. probably has never had any real punishment in his life other than being grounded for a week at the most

I can only speak to my own cultural experience. His parents didn't grow up privileged so I'm pretty sure they were raised "old school." Where I'm from, no one was grounded or got time out. Talking/cursing at your parents will get you sent to live elsewhere if your momma wasn't in the mood to go to jail that week. If I EVER dreamed about cursing at my mother I had to wake up and apologize. But this is television and I'm sure they don't want to show a kid getting beat but I still say it's the most ridiculously unbelievable plot point. That includes Kanaan being fried, dyed and laid to the side without nary a drip of anesthesia or at minimum a skin graft. One week later he having sex, visiting strip clubs, killing old ladies and threatening babies and what not. I had my wisdom teeth pulled and missed two weeks worth of work. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, aarondk88 said:

Milan is like 10 steps ahead of Ghost. the way he showed up to Ghost's crib and basically blackmailing and threatening Ghost with a charming smile....DOPE. also love how Milan shifts between accents. that actor is doing great. I wonder what significance the cigarettes Milan smoke is going to play?? the camera made sure to focus on them..

I'm going to shout out Naturi for her acting in the very scene you mentioned.  Her facial expressions are soo powerful.  She can say so much without uttering a word.  From when Angela was telling her the legal ramifications of covering for Ghost, you could see Tasha was listening and taking it in but also trying to act like she wasn't bothered at all.  Then when Tasha had her backed turned to Angela trying to think of a lie...you could see the wheels turning. I could tell she aint really want to tell Angela she slept with Ghost at the hotel, but it's like fuck it, she has to.  

Angela really has some fucking nerve questioning Tasha on her relationship with her own God damn husband.  These side chicks are getting more bold by the day. Smh. She need to be worried about her damn job.  How the fuck did committing several federal offenses save her from losing her job?  Only Angela could have that happen.

Anybody else curious about what was in the white guy's file??? The two interviewers from the Dept. of Professional Conduct(?) were having a good laugh.  It's probably something incredibly pervy. 

I lmao when Tommy was like "he Google'd the shit outta you".?

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Boofish said:

I can only speak to my own cultural experience. His parents didn't grow up privileged so I'm pretty sure they were raised "old school." Where I'm from, no one was grounded or got time out. Talking/cursing at your parents will get you sent to live elsewhere if your momma wasn't in the mood to go to jail that week. If I EVER dreamed about cursing at my mother I had to wake up and apologize. But this is television and I'm sure they don't want to show a kid getting beat but I still say it's the most ridiculously unbelievable plot point. That includes Kanaan being fried, dyed and laid to the side without nary a drip of anesthesia or at minimum a skin graft. One week later he having sex, visiting strip clubs, killing old ladies and threatening babies and what not. I had my wisdom teeth pulled and missed two weeks worth of work. 

im with you when you right!!!

lol @ the kanan comments though

• Love 1
13 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

I'm going to shout out Naturi for her acting in the very scene you mentioned.  Her facial expressions are soo powerful.  She can say so much without uttering a word.  From when Angela was telling her the legal ramifications of covering for Ghost, you could see Tasha was listening and taking it in but also trying to act like she wasn't bothered at all.  Then when Tasha had her backed turned to Angela trying to think of a lie...you could see the wheels turning. I could tell she aint really want to tell Angela she slept with Ghost at the hotel, but it's like fuck it, she has to.  

Angela really has some fucking nerve questioning Tasha on her relationship with her own God damn husband.  These side chicks are getting more bold by the day. Smh. She need to be worried about her damn job.  How the fuck did committing several federal offenses save her from losing her job?  Only Angela could have that happen.

Anybody else curious about what was in the white guy's file??? The two interviewers from the Dept. of Professional Conduct(?) were having a good laugh.  It's probably something incredibly pervy. 

I lmao when Tommy was like "he Google'd the shit outta you".?

I was waiting for Angela to say "I'm your girlfriend in law; I'm trying to help you" She really performing all the side chick duties (unlimited sex, lying, no actual dates [taking your bitch to work day don't count], having to spy on him, babysitting his kids and the list goes on) but want wife privileges. Girl, take that 3500 you saved on rent that month Ghost paid and buy several seats at Madison Square Gardens, pick one and satcho ass down somewhere.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Boofish said:

That includes Kanaan being fried, dyed and laid to the side without nary a drip of anesthesia or at minimum a skin graft. One week later he having sex, visiting strip clubs, killing old ladies and threatening babies and what not. I had my wisdom teeth pulled and missed two weeks worth of work. 

I'm gonna hurt you!!! I can't!!! LOLOLOL

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Boofish said:

I was waiting for Angela to say "I'm your girlfriend in law; I'm trying to help you" She really performing all the side chick duties (unlimited sex, lying, no actual dates [taking your bitch to work day don't count], having to spy on him, babysitting his kids and the list goes on) but want wife privileges. Girl, take that 3500 you saved on rent that month Ghost paid and buy several seats at Madison Square Gardens, pick one and satcho ass down somewhere.

I couldn't believe she had the nerve to question Tasha about "taking him back".  Angie, Bitch, if your job and freedom weren't on the line, yo ass would take him back TODAY!   Still might now if he asked nice enough.

• Love 7

I just started watching (binged on the Xfinity app) and the one thing that really (REALLY) gets steam to come out of my ears is that fact that Angie gets Ghost, Holly had Tommy but Tasha and Keisha had to SHARE SEAN - the biggest and the most broke loser on the show.

Also I can never be Team Ghost after what he did to Rolla.

• Love 3

Ugh!  I forgot about the sharing of Sean (fine, though he was).  I'm totally not Team Ghost although I do understand why Tasha is still covering for him, aside from saving her own butt.  Here's what pushed me further onto Team Not Ghost- He addressed Tariq so calmly and controlled while chastising him about cussing and raising his hand to Tasha, but as soon as he called Angie a side bitch, Ghost snatched him by the collar and called him all kinds of MFs.... Really, Ghost?!  Oh ok...

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, FairyPrincess said:

Ugh!  I forgot about the sharing of Sean (fine, though he was).  I'm totally not Team Ghost although I do understand why Tasha is still covering for him, aside from saving her own butt.  Here's what pushed me further onto Team Not Ghost- He addressed Tariq so calmly and controlled while chastising him about cussing and raising his hand to Tasha, but as soon as he called Angie a side bitch, Ghost snatched him by the collar and called him all kinds of MFs.... Really, Ghost?!  Oh ok...

OOHHH I forgot about that! No amount of fine will make up for that disrespect.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, FairyPrincess said:

I couldn't believe she had the nerve to question Tasha about "taking him back".  Angie, Bitch, if your job and freedom weren't on the line, yo ass would take him back TODAY!   Still might now if he asked nice enough.

She know good and got-damn well she would take him back today if he showed up talmbout "Leave with me" or something. She's not fooling anyone.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, FairyPrincess said:

I'm sorry but that was the most gratifying piece of cinema I've seen in like...ever! That kid deserved that. And it was delivered the way  a man would do it - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO!!!

2 hours ago, Boofish said:

OOHHH I forgot about that! No amount of fine will make up for that disrespect.

He wasn't that fine. Plus he was dumb, too. Yeah no.

Edited by announcergirl
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, announcergirl said:

I'm sorry but that was the most gratifying piece of cinema I've seen in like...ever! That kid deserved that. And it was delivered the way  a man would do it - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO!!!

He wasn't that fine. Plus he was dumb, too. Yeah no.

Oh he definitely deserved it. But I think he deserved it for disrespecting his mother. Damn the side bitch...

• Love 7

not to take Ghost's side butttt im sure he would have reacted like that toward Tariq if he was actually there and saw Tariq disrespect his mother.

that's like when I was growing up and I would do something bad when my dad wasn't home and my mom would tell him about what I did...he would be upset. but I kno for a fact he would be even more irate if he was actually there and witnessed me doing whatever it is I was doing.

yall are jumping on ghost for having a natural human reaction. lol yall are tough

11 hours ago, FairyPrincess said:

Oh he definitely deserved it. But I think he deserved it for disrespecting his mother. Damn the side bitch...

He shouldn't be calling women bitches, period. Doesn't matter who they are.

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

He shouldn't be calling women bitches, period. Doesn't matter who they are.

I didn't take Ghost's snapping off on Tariq as being upset that he called Angela (specifically) a bitch, but more along the lines of 1. His mouth has gotten so smart he thinks he can curse in front of his Dad and talk to him like an equal (as well as make a judgment on his adult choices), 2. Make something about his behavior to his mother like the situation with Angela. I think Ghost really saw just how absolutely disrespectful Tariq had gotten in that instant. Tasha wasn't "exaggerating" or being dramatic. 

• Love 5

I think Ghost might have thought Tasha was exaggerating a bit, which she kinda was. Because it seemed like she told Ghost Tariq tried to hit her?  But as Tariq explained, he wasn't trying to hit her, he was just stopping her from hitting him, which IMO he has a right to do.  

Ghost yolked Tariq up because that boy was acting too fucking grown.  Whatever we, the audience, or Tasha feel about Angela, Tariq is still a boy and should show some respect. I'm not saying he has to like Angela, but he for damn for shouldn't be referring to her as a "side bitch" especially while talking TO his father. Like who the fuck does that?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

I think Ghost might have thought Tasha was exaggerating a bit, which she kinda was. Because it seemed like she told Ghost Tariq tried to hit her?  But as Tariq explained, he wasn't trying to hit her, he was just stopping her from hitting him, which IMO he has a right to do.  

Ghost yolked Tariq up because that boy was acting too fucking grown.  Whatever we, the audience, or Tasha feel about Angela, Tariq is still a boy and should show some respect. I'm not saying he has to like Angela, but he for damn for shouldn't be referring to her as a "side bitch" especially while talking TO his father. Like who the fuck does that?

I'm usually right with you Furious...but right here?? Ummm, nah. I don't know how shit went down in your house, but it would get downright deadly in my house if I grabbed my momma belt. There'd be that slow realization washing over my face as my brain alerted me to what my hand just did. It's always better to not block. Just take it.

Nothing nice happened after that. 

I just knew we were about to get some black momma realness on our teevee screen when Tariq grabbed Tasha's hand. The PC police saved Tariq's ass.

• Love 8
On August 29, 2016 at 0:03 PM, Boofish said:

Edited by ethalfrida
I had to submit this blank because for some reason I couldn't post until I did. An old post from up top kept showing up.
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I didn't take Ghost's snapping off on Tariq as being upset that he called Angela (specifically) a bitch, but more along the lines of 1. His mouth has gotten so smart he thinks he can curse in front of his Dad and talk to him like an equal (as well as make a judgment on his adult choices), 2. Make something about his behavior to his mother like the situation with Angela. I think Ghost really saw just how absolutely disrespectful Tariq had gotten in that instant. Tasha wasn't "exaggerating" or being dramatic. 

Yeah, I can see it this way as well.  Either way, Ghost has been playing softball with Tariq since he left the house.  He let Tasha do all the hard work when Tariq brought the gun to school.  It's time for him to step up and put him in check.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, FairyPrincess said:

I can agree with that. The way Ghost yoked him up though. I think I got hot.

13 hours ago, aarondk88 said:

not to take Ghost's side butttt im sure he would have reacted like that toward Tariq if he was actually there and saw Tariq disrespect his mother.

that's like when I was growing up and I would do something bad when my dad wasn't home and my mom would tell him about what I did...he would be upset. but I kno for a fact he would be even more irate if he was actually there and witnessed me doing whatever it is I was doing.

yall are jumping on ghost for having a natural human reaction. lol yall are tough

I'm jumping on him, but not the way you think. In my mind it's going down with Reunite on ice.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm usually right with you Furious...but right here?? Ummm, nah. I don't know how shit went down in your house, but it would get downright deadly in my house if I grabbed my momma belt. There'd be that slow realization washing over my face as my brain alerted me to what my hand just did. It's always better to not block. Just take it.

I just knew we were about to get some black momma realness on our teevee screen when Tariq grabbed Tasha's hand. The PC police saved Tariq's ass.

I seriously laughed out loud reading this. You damn straight. My daddy never whipped me cause I was on my p's and q's, but my mama...grab that belt if you want to!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Trust me..I grew up in a household where what my mom did would most surely be deemed as outright abuse.  And I'm not exaggerating.  As a child you really have no choice but to take it. But although I called Tariq a "boy" in an earlier post, he's actually a young man in high school. To me, he's old enough to defend himself against being hit regardless of who it is....even his own mother. Mileages vary on that.  And this could just be me being in my feelings about the topic because Ive had this exact thing happen.  Me and my mom got into an argument and she put her hand up to hit me and I blocked her....then she told my dad that I tried to hit her.??Smh.  I told my dad, if I really wanted to hit her she'd be on the ground still.  And yes my mom was in the room when I said it.  Lol.

• Love 4

I'm already over Milan. He's coming across like a cartoon villain to me. He's Boris Badenov and his woman is Natasha Fatale.

I'm just catching up on the last few episodes, and I agree with this. My eyes glaze over whenever he's on screen.

"Those guns paid for the soup kitchen" may be the best line ever uttered on this show.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 2
On 8/31/2016 at 2:26 PM, FuriousStyles said:

...as Tariq explained, he wasn't trying to hit her, he was just stopping her from hitting him, which IMO he has a right to do.

I disagree with your opinion.  Tariq has limited rights as a minor in his parents' home.  He is not an adult and he is not their equal.  He can express his unhappiness about the changes affecting his life, but doing so inappropriately and disrespectfully is what got him almost popped in the mouth by his mother and jacked up by his father.  He doesn't know everything about their lives nor does he have the right to. He is a child.  And if he'd been dealing with me, not only would I have hit him with heaviest object I could lay my hands on, he'd also find his ass out on the street with no home or any of the spectacular creature comforts associated with said home.  Then he'd see how grown he was real fast. You don't have to like what your parents are saying or doing, but you don't ever come at them like they're one of your peers because they're not and it's not their job to be your fucking friend. IMO, that's what wrong with kids today; they've been given too much and they're too damn entitled.

Edited by taurusrose