Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Pussy Galore

Angela may be gunning for Gilda, but Julia has nothing but nasty things to say about anyone.  I don't think she's said one nice thing without making several nasty comments at another time (sometimes in her THs).  Meanwhile, Angela continues her vendetta against Gilda only to be shut down once again.  And I laughed when Angela's PA bid on her behalf to up the bids for Angela's style offering.

Anne sure likes to say "pussy", doesn't she?  Michelle's face in the Pussy Palace made me giggle, but Anne won the big points when she said all the cats were rescues.  And then lost me with her mink collection.  Actually, the various furs didn't bother me as she claimed, at the time, that she never wore them anymore…and then she wears one to HER cat charity event.  WTF?

• Love 3

All of these women as so unlikable.  But it does make for a more enjoyable watch in at least one way since they all dress so hideously and clearly think they are the cutting edge of fashion.  Julia probably dresses the best because for the most part she dresses the safest.  Ironically Angela in her day wear comes second.  Gilda, Michelle and Anne are hoots with some of the most dated bad fashion.  Overall, everyone single one looks like they picked every fashion "don't" from the late 90s and stocked up a full closet to pull out now. 

Julia's nose bothers me.  I keep waiting for it to fall off.  Louise looks like she gets her face ironed before every talking head there is so much makeup and filler there.  Anne clearly gets work done but she actually looks the best despite what looks like an overdone nose as well.  Gilda needs to stop trying to look like the femme fatale from Sean Connery's horrific last gasp coming back as James Bond in an equally horrific rug.  The pulled back hair is too much, though the talking head do wasn't much better.  Her look tends to be even more dated than Anne's and she clearly buy by the label and not be the fact that she often looks like she is wearing the last in a Project Runway challenge of trash bags and glitter. 

Angela is so bizarre.  I think her doctor needs to tweak her meds.  She has absolutely not an ounce of self-awareness and wants to social climb in this crowd while being filmed for television.  Granted, none are even close to what they pretend since if they are half of what they try to push off on us viewers, they would never need to do the show in the first place.  But none of these other women are going to let someone else encroach on even the tiniest bit of periphery they have eked for themselves no matter how far out from the true social center of Auckland it is. 

I think I feel the sorriest for Gilda because now with the divorce it sounds like what level of society she did enjoy while married is pretty much shut off from her now.  I'm not sure if she is simply deluded to her fantasy of grandeur or whether she is fully aware and figures she has to pose and pretend to her last breath even as she is on a reality television show proving how it is all just pose and pretend.  And it really grates her last nerve that she is stuck with Angela as a co-star which shows where she really is in life no matter how expensive the drawer of accessories she can open.

Anne is all kinds of annoying.  Taking care of animals is fine and admirable.  I still think the "palace" looks seedy and half assed.  I've seen chickens kept better.  And to claim all kinds of handwringing guilt about wearing a fur and yet she then claims that is all she owns?  Not even a wrap of some sorts?  And the whole "pussy" bit.  Hardly risque.  And as clever as a six year old figuring his first swear word.  That room Michelle and Julia were in.  My gawd what tacky taste Anne has.  It looked like she was taken as a rube at every cheap flea market along the Seine in Paris.  It has a weird curated cheap trash posing as fine art vibe.  Like stepping into a mobile home and finding someone painted a copy of Da Vinci's Last Supper on an entire wall.  In day-glo puffy paint.

At times I find Michelle pretty and other times I so want to see her book because she has some really unfortunate angles that I just don't see a photographer wanting to have to work around so much.  She does have a great body though I will give her that. 

Overall, these women are kind of dull.  They hiss and claw pretty much out the gate (keeping it in theme here) but even Anne's party had her spending a ridiculously long and very boring and slightly too odd time on memorializing her dead cats.  Really?  Having her read several of the memorials on their ashes boxes?  That's considered scintillating television?  I'd rather see Gilda spend however many hours it takes to pull her hair back so she gets that forehead-about-to-explode ridiculous tightness.

If they don't actually do something interesting by the next episode I definitely will be out.  Too much other stuff coming on now to bother with a mix of yawn, grotesque fashion senses and shrill yet uninteresting women.

Angela is so batshit crazy!!  I've noticed she does this thing when anyone else is talking where she nods her head and opens her mouth like she can't wait to say something else--a good listener this one is not!  She really is in her own little narcissistic bubble.  Her poor PA!

Louise is really growing on me and is quickly becoming a favorite--loved how she handled the situation with Gilda--very direct.  I like it.

Julia is both a non-factor and a bitch.  I love how production is trolling her vanity and insecurity--first with her hair stylist nodding in enthusiastic agreement when she stated she thinks she needs fillers, and now all the looks of horror at her expense about her vampire neck treatment.  I found it funny, though, how none of these housewives heard of it when Amanda Hansen did a treatment back on S2 of Vancouver way back in 2013!

Love Gilda and her no-nonsense attitude, but Michelle is giving me life with her handling of Angela!  Continuing to poke at her lack of a rail-thin physique is brilliant, especially when it goads Angela into making an ass of herself spewing nativist insults!  What did she mean by "Real New Zealander"?  Yikes, that's some nasty, problematic shit just simmering under her surface!

I enjoy Anne and her eccentricities...I even like her phony little laugh she puts on all the time.

Overall I'm loving this group and can't wait to see what drama happens next week!

• Love 2

Heather and Terry do the vampire thing too, don't they? Hardly news, that treatment anyway. 

I found Julia hauling Michelle up into that room absolutely the height of rudeness and a betrayal of the hostesses' hospitality. Anne's event was outdoors. Guests were not supposed to be upstairs creeping the joint. And Julia sneaking Michelle up the stairs for the sole purpose of sniggering at Anne's tchochkes..If she was my friend, I'd be hurt and furious and no more champagne for you! Julia is a dimwit nasty bulb. Michelle gives off such a nouveau flashy vibe, she's going to have the least appreciation for Anne's time capsule room and I'm pretty sure Julia knew that and deliberately grabbed her. 

I loved than Anne had that room. I think Michelle's monstrosity of a place with that hideous tequila sunrise bar and the pretentious swinging day pallet will be in vogue for 5 minutes, if that. It was sterile and of course she doesn't cook. Orc nosed Julia needs her arse kicked for that. 

• Love 2

Since it looked like it was a moving but stable camera for Julia and Michelle's romp coupled with the lighting, you would think Anne would have realized there was a set up in her room.  Particularly when she went upstairs to figure out which fur coat to put on.  Something I am still a bit perplexed by.  If the Pussy Whisperer, Shouter and Giggler has been an animal activist for more than a year, shouldn't she be able to pull herself out the champagne bottle long enough to go buy a new coat that isn't made from killing and skinning something?  Considering how low rent the "pussy palace" is, I'm wondering how long and devout a cat rescuer she is. despite all the remains boxes she made sure to read aloud for the show. 

I know Michelle's house is supposedly somewhat new, but it has a foreclosure look to it more than a minimalist modern look.  Like all the stuff that isn't done is not because of contractor issues.  Or it is.  In that until she gets her paycheck from the show, they can't afford to hire a contractor to finish everything.  She can sneer and poke Angela with all the sticks she wants.  But I'm thinking she might be just as needy for the show's paycheck as Angela is.  Don't get me wrong.  I'd poke Angela with a stick as well probably.  The whole creepy smile as if you are this loving peaceful person and any conflict that arises is the other person's fault doesn't hide the fact this woman likes to draw blood.  Or try to.  Plus she really is oblivious to anyone around her except as a reflection of what thinks or hopes to see.  And she definitely is one of those people that thinks self-affirmation cannot be delusional or overly ambitious but that if you say something enough times it simply will make it true no matter what.  She's a nutter and I will have to go back to her first episode introduction to watch that leaf tossing scene again.  I'll bet if I zoom in on the periphery some squirrels are trying to figure out how to carry such a large specimen back to their hoard.  Wait does Auckland have squirrels? 

• Love 2

Heather and Terry do the vampire thing too, don't they? Hardly news, that treatment anyway. 

I found Julia hauling Michelle up into that room absolutely the height of rudeness and a betrayal of the hostesses' hospitality. Anne's event was outdoors. Guests were not supposed to be upstairs creeping the joint. And Julia sneaking Michelle up the stairs for the sole purpose of sniggering at Anne's tchochkes..If she was my friend, I'd be hurt and furious and no more champagne for you! Julia is a dimwit nasty bulb. Michelle gives off such a nouveau flashy vibe, she's going to have the least appreciation for Anne's time capsule room and I'm pretty sure Julia knew that and deliberately grabbed her. 

I loved than Anne had that room. I think Michelle's monstrosity of a place with that hideous tequila sunrise bar and the pretentious swinging day pallet will be in vogue for 5 minutes, if that. It was sterile and of course she doesn't cook. Orc nosed Julia needs her arse kicked for that. 

And Angela and the leaf tossing reminded me of an adult diaper advertisement. No squirrels in NZ. 

• Love 1

So Angela talks to her French PA in English with a fake French accent.  Is that supposed to make it easier fore the PA to understand English?  How Rude!  And then to have her PA jack up the bids on her free styling session.  What a poser!  But, then they all are.

I like Anne, but she is trying too hard to be LVP. Also, that dark color, on her hair makes it look even thinner than it is.  Hopefully next week she doesn't start dressing one of her pussies up like Giggy and carrying him everywhere.  Also, I can just imagine how bad that cat palace smelled.

There is one thing good about Julie getting her neck procedure on tv.  We weren't watching her get vaginal rejuvination instead.

Angela/lydiot hires a PA who doesn't speak English and tries to teach her English by talking loud in her face. And I loved how she introduces her PA to everyone as her  "french PA" . And takes her to social events. I was lol at her signaling the PA to jack up the bids. 

Anne is just weird and her house is weird and her obsession with cats is weird. 

Julia is a shit stirrer and that treatment was just gross. 

I still don't know any of these ho'wives' names, which doesn't bode well for the franchise, since they're all so utterly forgettable.

"I'm the biggest runt of the litter" gave me the only chuckle snort of the episode.

• Love 2

I find Michelle's complete aversion to animals hilarious. She can't even pretend that she's ok with animals. My mom is similar, but not nearly as extreme. Mom grew up with cats and a dog. She's not down with any of the work associated with caring for pets. Michelle makes me feel like she feels the same way, which is why she's never developed any comfortable approach with animals.

Julia dragging Michelle upstairs to look at Anne's old lady tchotchke room was the height of messiness.

Angela is the height (depths?) of thirst. She's actively terrible and manipulative. It's ridiculous that she had her PA bidding on her in the auction.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I find Michelle's complete aversion to animals hilarious. She can't even pretend that she's ok with animals. My mom is similar, but not nearly as extreme. Mom grew up with cats and a dog. She's not down with any of the work associated with caring for pets. Michelle makes me feel like she feels the same way, which is why she's never developed any comfortable approach with animals.

I think she actively DISLIKES cats (and probably all animals), rather than just not wanting to bother with the work associated with them.  Which gives me yet another reason to think she's a waste of human flesh & organs.

• Love 4

I don't watch many of these shows but this group is about the worst I've come across yet. There is absolutely not ONE of them that I like. Gilda is blah and boring.

Does she even have a pulse? With her accent and expressionless mumbling, I can barely understand her half the time.  The severe hairstyles and dated wardrobe aren't doing her any favors.

On 8/6/2017 at 1:31 PM, walnutqueen said:

I think she actively DISLIKES cats (and probably all people), rather than just not wanting to bother with the work associated with them.  Which gives me yet another reason to think she's a waste of human flesh & organs.

Michelle is just a repulsive bitch. I am beginning to wonder if she's actually jealous of Angela's curvy figure as she has to keep making snide remarks about it.  Angela's body, face and hair are 1000% times more attractive than Michelle but then the bar is set pretty low for this bunch.

Julia is about as vain, vapid and gold-diggerish as they come.

Louise seems OK. At least she has some substance to her.

Anne is growing on me but I still see Lisa Vanderpump wannabee. I am a cat person so I was OK with that. But LVP would never stoop so low as to wear a real fur coat to a charity event to benefit any type of animals.

I'm geographically-challenged but does it really get that cold in NZ? I thought it was far enough south that it was always on the warm side.

Best line of the night: "Dixie's-normous!"

• Love 3
On 8/6/2017 at 1:31 PM, walnutqueen said:

I think she actively DISLIKES cats (and probably all animals), rather than just not wanting to bother with the work associated with them.  Which gives me yet another reason to think she's a waste of human flesh & organs.

Michelle is so skittish around animals that you would swear people had asked her to pet their starved dynamite juggling velociraptor as opposed to their dog or cat.

• Love 2
On August 30, 2016 at 10:43 PM, strongoxman said:

Love Gilda and her no-nonsense attitude, but Michelle is giving me life with her handling of Angela!  Continuing to poke at her lack of a rail-thin physique is brilliant, especially when it goads Angela into making an ass of herself spewing nativist insults!  What did she mean by "Real New Zealander"?  Yikes, that's some nasty, problematic shit just simmering under her surface!

Yes, I wondered about that too, "you're not even a New Zealander, Michelle"  Racist c***.  There, I said it, though sometimes I feel that people on this board seem to care more that someone doesn't like animals, than if they might be racist.  And I'm a cat lover, so Anne is all right with me.

But, the thing that gets me about Michelle is, I wonder how she even physically had kids, since she's so disgusted by every darn thing.  Michelle was probably worried, the cats would jump on her weave.

Why would idiot Angela have a French PA?  Angela probably thinks it's "cute" or "spiritual" or something, I'm sure Angela asked her PA to bid on her because no one in their right mind would bid on that nasty, nasty witch.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1