Type keyword(s) to search

Tom and the Women of RHNYC

• Start Topic

Since Tom seems to be the hot topic of discussion and his involvement goes back 10 years maybe this might be a good place to discuss the conflicting stories and recent updates and claims regarding Tom.

• Love 1

Lets review. LOL

Tom first appears on the show flirting/hitting on Ramona's friend and he calls Ramona "lazy" which prompts her to say she is glad she is married if Tom is an example of the single guys in the UES. (the irony that she would date him after that comment is hysterical)

We don't see or hear anything on camera about Tom since that 1 appearance on MM until......................................................

Luann starts dating him and then..................................................................

We find out that Ramona went out with Tom 2, 4 , 5, 7, 9, 12 times (is Ramona taking math/counting lessons from KimR/Yolanda (BH))

That she feels that Luann should have asked permission from her first, before Luann went on a date with Tom even though he/Ramona hadn't been on a date since Aug or Sept, 2 or 3 months earlier.

Then we find out that Tom/Sonja had an arrangement, FWB, for 10 years before either Ramona or Luann went out with him even though she was still a very married woman 10 years ago! (I guess the "rumors" that Sonja cheated on Morgan are true according to Sonja's timeline!)

Sonja then finds out that Luann is seeing and getting serious about Tom but fails to say anything to her when Luann informs her.

Sonja says that Tom told her about Luann after he/Luann went on a few dates, early on, but she is upset that Luann didn't say anything to her, except that Luann did say something, we all saw/heard it.

Sonja doesn't say anything to Luann about her/Tom until the first dinner they are all at.

Carole and Ramona convince Sonja that she/Tom had a "Love Affair", not the FWB scenario she first claimed they had, after Bethenny makes a comment about Sonja being the one to cause problems with Luann about Tom before they went on the trip. (was that Bethenny telling Carole/Ramona to wind Sonja up?) LOL

Next, we have the yacht scene were both Ramona and Sonja dress as if it were their engagement party to Tom, not Luann's and both act coy with Tom.

Ramona gets mad because the press got her/Sonja mixed up and she blames Luann for it, not the reporter.

Sonja finally realizes that this is her in with Bethenny and runs with it. LOL

Bethenny's spies have done the job she hired them for, they hit the mother load of dirt on Tom for her to use against Luann and she is telling everyone and anyone all about Tom's "cheating" on Luann and on camera to boot!

• Love 7

Can someone please explain his appeal?  He's nothing to look at, he's not especially interesting or funny or charming, he doesn't seem all that wealthy & he doesn't offer particularly impressive status from his family.  They own a really meh local supermarket chain.  Big woo.  So what's the deal?  OK, for Sonja, maybe he has at least one working credit card & can pay for a meal out.  We know that's a big plus for her.  Oh yeah, but according to her they were fuck buddies on the down low for 10 years.  See, this really makes me go WTF.  I thought she goes for juicy hot young things.  Tom?  Ew.  All he offers is maybe a working penis & a pulse.  

What was his appeal for Moaner?  Mayne she liked that his family owns a supermarket chain & doesn't know that i's a shitty supermarket chain, but figures she can still brag about something in dating him.  Whatevs.  I stopped trying to figure out Moaner's teeny brain long ago - if I ever did (I thankfully don't remember).

And Lu going on about how deeply she's in love with Tom is really baffling -- at least to me.  Can anyone see what she sees in him?  A decent place in the city for her to crash in?  Wonder what happened to Lu's nice place near Riverside.  She couldn't afford it anymore?  One thing we do know for certain about Lu.  She is one big phony baloney.  Is she latching onto Tom for whatever dough he's got?  Sure, she's not in any kind of desperate financial position, as Sonja has been in.  But maybe she's looking to increase her financial position & security by marrying Tom.  Let's just say it wouldn't surprise me.  

Lu is a very, very calculating gal.  She married one philanderer & stayed married to him for 16 years.  Why did she do that?  Not exactly difficult to figure that one out.  She went from being a nurse from the wilderness of western Connecticut & a minor league model in Europe to supremely elevating her financial status & traveling all over the world.  Seems to me she was fine & dandy & more than happy to play trophy wife to a much older philandering hubby -- all for the dough & status her old cheating hubby offered.  Lu can act all haughty, but we know exactly who she is.  So maybe Lu isn't at all bothered if Tom is playing around -- as long as he's discreet.  But I can see her being really furious that Bethenny & Satan Andy are pulling back the curtains on exactly who Tom is & what their relationship is really about.

Idk, it sounds like Tom is quite a sleazy character -- and he has a shit-ton to hide.  We see how Bethenny is now.  She needs someone to point her poison & venom to.  My guess is Tom is the one she's gonna go after full-force.  It ain't gonna be pretty.  Might be interesting to watch.  Not sure I have the stomach for it cuz with Bethenny, we know it'll be ugly, nasty and vicious as all hell.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lets review. LOL

Tom first appears on the show flirting/hitting on Ramona's friend and he calls Ramona "lazy" which prompts her to say she is glad she is married if Tom is an example of the single guys in the UES. (the irony that she would date him after that comment is hysterical)

We don't see or hear anything on camera about Tom since that 1 appearance on MM until......................................................

Luann starts dating him and then..................................................................

We find out that Ramona went out with Tom 2, 4 , 5, 7, 9, 12 times (is Ramona taking math/counting lessons from KimR/Yolanda (BH))

That she feels that Luann should have asked permission from her first, before Luann went on a date with Tom even though he/Ramona hadn't been on a date since Aug or Sept, 2 or 3 months earlier.

Then we find out that Tom/Sonja had an arrangement, FWB, for 10 years before either Ramona or Luann went out with him even though she was still a very married woman 10 years ago! (I guess the "rumors" that Sonja cheated on Morgan are true according to Sonja's timeline!)

Sonja then finds out that Luann is seeing and getting serious about Tom but fails to say anything to her when Luann informs her.

Sonja says that Tom told her about Luann after he/Luann went on a few dates, early on, but she is upset that Luann didn't say anything to her, except that Luann did say something, we all saw/heard it.

Sonja doesn't say anything to Luann about her/Tom until the first dinner they are all at.

Carole and Ramona convince Sonja that she/Tom had a "Love Affair", not the FWB scenario she first claimed they had, after Bethenny makes a comment about Sonja being the one to cause problems with Luann about Tom before they went on the trip. (was that Bethenny telling Carole/Ramona to wind Sonja up?) LOL

Next, we have the yacht scene were both Ramona and Sonja dress as if it were their engagement party to Tom, not Luann's and both act coy with Tom.

Ramona gets mad because the press got her/Sonja mixed up and she blames Luann for it, not the reporter.

Sonja finally realizes that this is her in with Bethenny and runs with it. LOL

Bethenny's spies have done the job she hired them for, they hit the mother load of dirt on Tom for her to use against Luann and she is telling everyone and anyone all about Tom's "cheating" on Luann and on camera to boot!

One thing that always struck me as odd about the Tom and the scene with Ramona and Joanie, it sounded like production approached some guys and said, "hey we are filming a show about, would you go upstairs and introduce yourselves to the three models?   There did not seem to anything that rendered the encounter organic.  Ramona say he was flirting with her just wow.

The other woman left out of the timeline is Dorinda.  Dorinda's husband passed away in late 2011, and Tom was his friend.

Of course Sonja was in the mix 10 years ago.

So in June of 2015, Dorinda meddler first tried to set Luann and Tom up.  Apparently, Luann had other fish to fry as she was seeing weird Rey-a guy she had sex with not be confused as a lover.

In August when Ramona and Tom run into each other doesn't it seem odd at some point that Dorinda's name never came up as being a mutual acquaintance?  I can see not bringing Sonja up, but Dorinda?  It would seem Ramona is not good at vetting if that never came up.  Had her name come up I would think Dorinda would have told her about trying to set Luann and Tom up.  Same month Sonja breaks it off with Tom. 

Then we move into the dicey November territory, when Ramona claims, a woman Tom had been serious about for three months was on a date with Tom.  So why would Sonja and Tom be hooking up if Tom was dating this woman, that according to Ramona he was serious about and in fact gave a gold bracelet to for Christmas after finding Luann?

Why would Sonja all of sudden hook up with Tom after breaking it off, and Tom supposedly being in a dating relationship-not between relationship?

I do love that Sonja threw Ramona under the bus saying she was very interested in Tom, and that is why she cut things off with Tom.   

At the beginning of the season Bethenny threw out a "gotcha  moment" when she revealed John asked for her phone number.  Why is it these women feel so free to text Tom?  Is it because they still long for him, or they have truly moved on.

Well apparently not Ramona:  http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-13/videos/why-sonjas-upset-with-luanns-fiance

I love the tweet where Ramona says-Luann lies to stay relevant.  BTW the disinvite came on the heels of the episode where Ramona went up and said, "tell me the dirt on Luann," small wonder they disinvited her.  It was also the episode  where John threw her out.  Maybe Tom was naïve enough to believe Ramona never wanted to be in John's presence again.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Can someone please explain his appeal?  He's nothing to look at, he's not especially interesting or funny or charming, he doesn't seem all that wealthy & he doesn't offer particularly impressive status from his family.  They own a really meh local supermarket chain.  Big woo.  So what's the deal?  OK, for Sonja, maybe he has at least one working credit card & can pay for a meal out.  We know that's a big plus for her.  Oh yeah, but according to her they were fuck buddies on the down low for 10 years.  See, this really makes me go WTF.  I thought she goes for juicy hot young things.  Tom?  Ew.  All he offers is maybe a working penis & a pulse.  

What was his appeal for Moaner?  Mayne she liked that his family owns a supermarket chain & doesn't know that i's a shitty supermarket chain, but figures she can still brag about something in dating him.  Whatevs.  I stopped trying to figure out Moaner's teeny brain long ago - if I ever did (I thankfully don't remember).

And Lu going on about how deeply she's in love with Tom is really baffling -- at least to me.  Can anyone see what she sees in him?  A decent place in the city for her to crash in?  Wonder what happened to Lu's nice place near Riverside.  She couldn't afford it anymore?  One thing we do know for certain about Lu.  She is one big phony baloney.  Is she latching onto Tom for whatever dough he's got?  Sure, she's not in any kind of desperate financial position, as Sonja has been in.  But maybe she's looking to increase her financial position & security by marrying Tom.  Let's just say it wouldn't surprise me.  

Lu is a very, very calculating gal.  She married one philanderer & stayed married to him for 16 years.  Why did she do that?  Not exactly difficult to figure that one out.  She went from being a nurse from the wilderness of western Connecticut & a minor league model in Europe to supremely elevating her financial status & traveling all over the world.  Seems to me she was fine & dandy & are more than happy to play trophy wife to a much older philandering hubby -- all for the dough & status her old cheating hubby offered.  Lu can act all haughty, but we know exactly who she is.  So maybe Lu isn't at all bothered if Tom is playing around -- as long as he's discreet.  But I can see her being really furious that Bethenny & Satan Andy are pulling back the curtains on exactly who Tom is & what their relationship is really about.

Idk, it sounds like Tom is quite a sleazy character -- and he has a shit-ton to hide.  We see how Bethenny is now.  She needs someone to point her poison & venom to.  My guess is Tom is the one she's gonna go after full-force.  It ain't gonna be pretty.  Might be interesting to watch.  Not sure I have the stomach for it cuz with Bethenny, we know it'll be ugly, nasty and vicious as all hell.

Apparently Dorinda, Ramona, Sonja all found him socially amenable.  Maybe it is sense of confidence or being a player that women find him attractive.  Since we have not seen much of his personality, and if his best line is "you smell like grapefruit", I am thinking there must be something more.  I am not sure if anyone has shored up that he is from the grocery chain D'Agnostino.  There is a executive with Sirens Media, who used to work from Bravo named Lucilla D'agostino   http://sirensmedia.com/ maybe she is related, who knows?

I was watching a few minutes of Botched By Nature  Dr. Paul Nasiff was saying he wanted women in their twenties with the cut off date being 39 years old.  Paul is 55 years old.  So the mere fact Tom dated a woman 10 years his senior, is interesting at his stage of the game.  Luann is a year older, Sonja three years older.  I guess that is why Bethenny threw out the older, wealthy UES women allegation as Tom's dating targets.

Why would Luann maintain a house in the city when she is not filming?  Her business with E-vine is out of Minnesota, I can't see why she would be throwing money away renting a place.  I think she did with Jacques but otherwise, why?

I don't think Luann is in it for the money,  I think more than anything she is tired of being single.  She knows with each ticking year the pond of available men gets smaller and smaller.  He has never been married and has no children so that is a plus side.  I don't see Luann as going into a marriage with a philanderer as she is way too competitive.  I think she moved back to the US in 2006, because the Count was spending so much time in Asia and she got tired of being in Gstaad with no family.  I think we will see Luann is pretty upset by Tom's indiscretion. 

I think if Bethenny had solid negative financial information about Tom we would have seen it by now.  Of course these days, Bethenny's idea of wealthy may be jaded since she only dates billionaires with private jets.

Don't be surprised if it is Dorinda Tom goes after once exposed.  My guess is she plants herself in the middle with her self-righteous attitude and she is the target of his anger. 

It still remains to be seen what justification Sonja and Ramona have for trying to stay in the Tom picture.  Gee, these women have no sense of pride.

• Love 6

Well, ZM, as I say above (as an NYC resident), I'm all too aware about the supermarket chain & said it was meh.  Yup, I stand by that cuz there's one a few blocks from me that I don't care for.  It's not clean, it's crowded & their prices stink.  But that could describe many, if not most NYC supermarkets -- but def not all.  Dag is meh tho, at least the ones I've been to.

As far as why Lu would want another place in Manhattan?  OK, I can offer my perspective again as an NYC resident.  Her place is in Bridgehampton.  Oh sure, it's beautiful & serene & peaceful & usually 5 to 10 degrees cooler in the summers than it is in NYC.  And sure, its close to the Hamptons party scene & good restaurants -- if you wanna partake in that.  But the winters out there stink.  It's really cold & fiercely windy.  It can get mounds of snow, which may or may not get dependably plowed quickly. And it can feel cut off & lonely cuz many residents just aren't there & many restaurants close.  Personally, I'd hate being out there all year long.

And what about when Lu wants to get laid?  Er, we already know how often that is.  Can she rely on Tinder to find her a hookup in the area?  Good luck with that one.  So what does Lu do if she wants to get to Manhattan & the lifestyle she seems to crave?  Well, I can tell ya, it's (at the very least) a freakin' 2 hour shlep -- often in long, shitty, draggy, cloggy, generally ugly traffic.  Ew.  It ain't exactly a hop, skip & a jump for her to get to Manhattan.  No, I can totally see Lu eyeing Tom as a catch just for his place alone.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, ZM, as I say above (as an NYC resident), I'm all too aware about the supermarket chain & said it was meh.  Yup, I stand by that cuz there's one a few blocks from me that I don't care for.  It's not clean, it's crowded & their prices stink.  But that could describe many, if not most NYC supermarkets -- but def not all.  Dag is meh tho, at least the ones I've been to.

As far as why Lu would want another place in Manhattan?  OK, I can offer my perspective again as an NYC resident.  Her place is in Bridgehampton.  Oh sure, it's beautiful & serene & peaceful & usually 5 to 10 degrees cooler in the summers than it is in NYC.  And sure, its close to the Hamptons party scene & good restaurants -- if you wanna partake in that.  But the winters out there stink.  It's really cold & fiercely windy.  It can get mounds of snow, which may or may not get dependably plowed quickly. And it can feel cut off & lonely cuz many residents just aren't there & many restaurants close.  Personally, I'd hate being out there all year long.

And what about when Lu wants to get laid?  Er, we already know how often that is.  Can she rely on Tinder to find her a hookup in the area?  Good luck with that one.  So what does Lu do if she wants to get to Manhattan & the lifestyle she seems to crave?  Well, I can tell ya, it's (at the very least) a freakin' 2 hour shlep -- often in long, shitty, draggy, cloggy, generally ugly traffic.  Ew.  It ain't exactly a hop, skip & a jump for her to get to Manhattan.  No, I can totally see Lu eyeing Tom as a catch just for his place alone.

Well, it is always possible that had Luann not met Tom, she would have secured an apartment in NYC but fate intervened instead. LOL

I think Lu is marrying him for his lifestyle and he's attracted to her for the same. They're both sporty, social and sexual which are a big things to share. They seem to love the city and getaways to the coastal beaches. I think they seem well matched. Best wishes to them and I hope Lu gets along with his mother! (still waiting for the intel on that)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I know nothing about the supermarket chain other than it is broke.  Tom has had his own company for 13 years and worked in the same industry (commercial printing before launching his own).   Is it possible Tom's part of the family cashed out or something from the chain?  Years ago Monty Brinson (Kim Richards' ex) family sold out and only one uncle stayed on and it sold for quite a bundle.  I was just thinking that sometimes there isn't a place for every relative in a 90 year old business. 

Actually Luann moved to Sag Harbor a couple of years ago, on the water, and is neighbors with Satan Andy.  I get why people what homes in both NYC and the Hamptons, and I also get why a single woman doesn't need two homes.  Dorinda, Ramona and Bethenny have theirs but I can see where once one is child free, money may be spent going someplace warm during the winter or Vail, or Europe.   If she spent $2,000.00 a month on hotel rooms in NYC over the course of year she would probably be dollars ahead of popping for a NYC apartment.  Something tells me with Tom she will be staying quite close to him at all times.

I may sound snotty but I think it takes a special kind of guy to date a 50 year old reality star who has had her business splashed all over TV for close to a decade.  And by special I don't mean extraordinary more tolerant.  It applies to all of them even the oh so successful Bethenny Frankel. 

Just now, Almost 3000 said:

I think Lu is marrying him for his lifestyle and he's attracted to her for the same. They're both sporty, social and sexual which are a big things to share. They seem to love the city and getaways to the coastal beaches. I think they seem well matched. Best wishes to them and I hope Lu gets along with his mother! (still waiting for the intel on that)

I think their interest have to go far past the bedroom.  All I can say about Luann is you have to admire a woman who on her Instagram, has many photos of her mother including her mother's collection of Beanie Babies.  Luann went into nursing because she had worked an a home for the elderly, my guess is his mother is probably delighted to have an addition of two beautiful grandchildren.

• Love 8

Luann went into nursing because she had worked an a home for the elderly, my guess is his mother is probably delighted to have an addition of two beautiful grandchildren.

Uh, considering that their father has been married four times and their mother three times, those kids already have a dozen step-grandparents.

Oh, Scoobiedoobs, there's hope!  Wegmans, the best supermarket in the United States, is coming to Brooklyn.  It will be worth a visit!!!  

I may sound snotty but I think it takes a special kind of guy to date a 50 year old reality star who has had her business splashed all over TV for close to a decade. 

Sure.  A guy who's a famewhore.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Uh, considering that their father has been married four times and their mother three times, those kids already have a dozen step-grandparents.

Oh, Scoobiedoobs, there's hope!  Wegmans, the best supermarket in the United States, is coming to Brooklyn.  It will be worth a visit!!!  

This will be Luann's second marriage, not her third. LOL

How is Tom a "famewhore"? He appeared on the show once, during its first season for about 1 - 2 minutes flirting with Ramona's friend bit never appeared again in all the years that Sonja claims they were together and not when he and Ramona went out those few times. Since he/Luann have gotten together this season he has been on only a handful of times and he wasn't on camera very long until the yacht party. So, when and how did Tom become a "famewhore"? I am asking an honest question here, I really can't figure that out.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Luann has been married once. 

• Love 1

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

I’m watching season one. Tom tells Ramona that she’s lazy, but she should take it as a compliment. 

He tells Joni she’s promiscuous, but he means it in a good way. 

Ramona says, if this is what it’s like being single in NY, she’ll stay married forever.

• Love 5