Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Larissa & Anthony

Wow, this girl is so naive, how could should go 3 years being catfished. She believes anything anybody tells her. I would love to know what Jose did that put him on the no fly list, I thought being on the list meant you couldn't leave the country, but he can't even leave the state.

• Love 1

Given how dopey this girl is, I can't help but wonder if her stepfather isn't locking down the wifi for her own good. You know, like the restrictions you put on a CHILD. Maybe he figures the less time she's able to spend online, the less time she'll have to be a target for liars.

• Love 5

At first I thought "Anthony" might be the original guy who catfished her. She needs to stick to dating people where she lives and get off the Internet. She gave the guy money, no telling how many other guys are now looking for her online and hoping to score.

Edited by Major Bigtime

cm, what is the "basically" verbal tic?

Nevermind. Sorry. Just read the recap & the some quotes within which basically explained what you might have basically meant by basically verbal tick. I think. ;)

Edited by kat165
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, kat165 said:

cm, what is the "basically" verbal tic?

Nevermind. Sorry. Just read the recap & the some quotes within which basically explained what you might have basically meant by basically verbal tick. I think. ;)

Ha, basically, you got it. I feel like I've heard it a thousand times on Catfish. Not sure how to explain that.

• Love 2

Thanks, cm. I just started watching this show & have seen maybe 20 eps so far & it's already played. I do love Max though and enjoy watching him.

Tara's recaps are hilarious. I've even read the one for eps I haven't seen.

Wow, Max was a truth bomb this episode and I loved it! He really seems so over these people.

I'm really curious as to why Jose was on the no fly list. Maybe he did murder someone.

I've always wanted to go to Alaska, so pretty. 

• Love 2

During the confrontation part, Larissa acts awfully superior for someone who exhibited ZERO common sense. She should only be mad at herself. He's running from the law, he bilked her for money, he lied about his identity...and she's over there pearl-clutching, like she expected some gorgeous, upwardly mobile, gentlemanly prince to be on the other end of the Muted phone calls and empty-headed texts.

And boo friggin hoo, Anthony/Juan about your upbringing. I guess he keeps that sob story in his mental file cabinet for when he has to stand in front of a judge (for whatever the hell he was running from).  

Undoubtedly, Larissa's either still talking to him (i.e., taking his collect calls from the jail) or she's latched on to some other pretend person she found online...or both. Did you see how much her face lit up when A/J said he loved her?  Girl needs intensive therapy, despite her statement about having found "confidence" through the experience.

I agree that mother's boyfriend is trying to limit her online time, to keep her from doing more really dumb things.
Maybe he & mom had to pay for books.
(And did they say how old she was?  I guess 18, but not much older.  I assume that Nev & Max wouldn't fly off with a minor.)
Here's an article on making the no-fly list.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3218744/From-FBI-agents-ticking-wrong-box-controversial-tweets-end-no-fly-list.htm
There are other articles, but this is shorter and more recent that others.
The list itself is online, but if he's Jose Ramirez, I didn't find him.