Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Trust

yeswedo

3 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

I'll admit I'm only half watching these days, but what was the big deal with Mike getting Kevin to tell him what he was in prison for?  Wouldn't that be a matter of public record that anyone could find out, particularly someone with ties to a law firm?  

If his inmate tells him what he is in for, it means he trusts him. It's building trust between them.

• Love 1

Can we get a spinoff with just Louis, Gretchen, and Donna (she's still awesome in scenes with Louis)?

I've just found myself so bored with the main story, and with Rachel's story.  I'd rather Louis's plot got more time.

• Love 1

I remember when I looked forward to watching this show.  Now it's the one on the DVR I save for the morning when I'm getting ready for work because I don't care if I miss a minute of it.  BTW, I am so over Donna's needing reaffirmation of her effing AWESOMENESS.  "Gretchen's okay"?  Seriously, I'd rather work with Gretchen than Donna.  

• Love 6

How did the show get renewed for another year? I have no idea what is going on and I honestly don't care.  I can only remember the white ruffled shirt Gina Torres had on, and I didn't even stop fast forward to see what they were talking about 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, catrice2 said:

I can only remember the white ruffled shirt Gina Torres had on

That blouse was a source of controversy in my home. The bf didn't like it. I did - just not for work. It seems that Jessica will stop just short of wearing an evening gown to the office, but all her ensembles are gorgeous.

Honestly, the only scenes I stopped the ffwd for, involved Louis last night. The buy-a-house-to-get-a-girl thing is silly, but right now, it's all I have. Until I see Mike out of prison and back in a suit, I'm not watching any scene with him, Rachel, or that guy Neal McDonough plays. I watch the scenes with Jessica and the trader, and those aren't much fun either.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 1

Cahill and Harvey having drinks together after fighting each other in court just LOOKS suspicious. Shouldn't they be keeping up the charade at all times? I feel like the story is really weak and they're pulling at straws to keep us interested. I was REALLY looking forward to this season because previously I was getting bored with the "Everybody is finding out that Mike's a fraud but there are no consequences coming out of it" story line. It was being dragged out for too long and so when Mike got arrested, I got excited! Now I feel like they've dropped the ball. If I'm gonna see Mike in jail, I want to see him adjust to that hard knock life. Not fighting to get out. He's not innocent. And 2 years wont kill him as long as he learns to adjust. He wouldn't have even gone to prison if he had let the jury make their decision. But he CHOSE to. So suck it up now and stop trying to get out.

• Love 2

I'll say this for the episode: I didn't actively hate it! I actually felt interested in the machinations, which was nice. It helps that Mike and Harvey are finally working towards one purpose in a somewhat co-ordinated effort (which IMO is the grease the show needs to keep things running smoothly. Friction between Harvey and Mike makes the story unbearable), even if that purpose is bullshit. I agree, timimouse, that making the goal of the season "Get Mike out of prison!" is dumb and a big waste of potential. I am, for the first time this season, starting to feel a bit of optimism, though, about where it might be heading. Korsh has said he wanted Mike to serve his full sentence, and the way Mike is obviously uncomfortable betraying his roommate is making me wonder if we're not heading in a different direction. When Mike (and Harvey) actually learn the INFORMATION about the case they're helping with, and start to get the details of what is really going down, I can see Mike's "bleeding heart" causing him to maybe try to parlay his deal into one for Kevin, or reverse course and commit to helping Kevin instead of betraying him, seeing Kevin as a REAL victim of whatever his uncle? stepfather? I can't even remember... is doing, making him realize that there are other people who, unlike him, really don't deserve to be in prison.

I don't want to get my hopes up, because this goddamn show crushes them every time. But for the very first time this season, I'm starting to see some possibilities for what they might be planning that don't make me want to throw my TV out the window. I'm braced for bitter disappointment, but guys? I think I'm in. I think I might actually want to see where this is going.

Goddamn it.

• Love 4

It looked like it was late night to me, so maybe she was returning to the office after going to drinks or something?  But you are correct, many of her ensembles have been questionable, but the whole show, and the premise of the show was too...so anything goes! 

I am not a lawyer but how does a drunk driving conviction get translated into time in a federal prison?  The roommate said no one died, so unless it was a third offense, most places I've lived he wouldn't have even gotten prison time - either work release with time served in the county jail or even probation for a first offense.  Or did I miss something? And what's up with Kevin and the warden?  I'm confused. 

I'm actually glad Jessica had a self-serving reason for helping Rachel.  It made sense to me. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, tessaray said:

I am not a lawyer but how does a drunk driving conviction get translated into time in a federal prison?  The roommate said no one died, so unless it was a third offense, most places I've lived he wouldn't have even gotten prison time - either work release with time served in the county jail or even probation for a first offense.  Or did I miss something? And what's up with Kevin and the warden?  I'm confused. 

I'm actually glad Jessica had a self-serving reason for helping Rachel.  It made sense to me. 

I don't think he was sentenced to the federal prison for the drunk driving conviction. After he told Mike that story, Mike asked what him and his wife were fighting about and he refused to tell him. Seeing as Sutter is Mike's roommate's father-in-law, I got the impression that they were fighting about something relating to her dad. Which is the information Mike is trying to get. I could be wrong but that was my interpretation of that scene.

As to Kevin and the warden... I too am confused. 

• Love 1

After thinking about it, I wonder if we are going to find out that Sutter intervened with the drunk driving thing, so he owes him?  (On top of the family connection.)   From all the disparate pieces at the beginning of the season, now Harvey is connected to both Sutter, Gallo and Kevin.  I am starting to be a little  interested in how they will resolve this but not really all that enthused, if that makes sense?   

• Love 1

USA network interns, if the producers have you scanning message boards, please tell them that at least one viewer has not heard one word of prison dialogue because she rapidly fast forwards the DVR if any clothing remotely blue appears on the screen. This season is beyond disappointing.

Edited by Tess23