Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E12: Robert

• Start Topic

Rob didn't seem to have much of a chance did he? With a drugged out mother and indifferent father. 

I don't understand why his father didn't just get full custody and raise him when he saw that Rob's mother was a hardcore drug user. That might've saved them all a hell of a lot of a heartache. The mom just seemed like a piece of work, introducing her 10, 12 year old son to crack and the horrors that go on in a crack house. SMH.  She really did not care about him and looked to be still using. I don't know if she was. 

I couldnt understand why the wife just sat there putting up with Rob's addiction, especially having two young children. Was it because of the money? I'm sure she could get her fair share considering his addiction if she divorced him. She seemed okay with his addiction though until he started spending money beyond the money set aside for his drugs and started spending bill money.

I wasn't surprised Rob went to rehab. He seemed tired of his addiction and ready to clean up. I wonder if he knew it was Intervention filming him? He seemed a little too aware during his confessionals. 

I'm glad he got treatment. He looked so much better after the 57 days. I know he wants to return home and rebuild his real estate business, but I'm not so sure that's a good idea. Maybe he can return to VA instead. It sounded like he was happiest and most successful and stable there.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2

The only thing I can think of that would explain why the wife stayed with her two small children in such a horrendous situation is that all of the property isn't joint. I'm thinking it's all in his name alone, and she helps him manage it. I kept wondering when she was gonna tell him to leave and not come back and she never did. She let him drive impaired. That's just evil. I don't know what it is about her but she irks me something serious. It's almost like she's an enabler, likes him best when he's easily controlled, maybe married him knowing about the drug issues and the family issues, so she knew he'd be easy to control. 

Is it just me, or does any of you guys think He's in big big trouble if he ever sets foot in that house with that woman ever again?

• Love 4

I can't for the life of me get a screenshot of this, but that moment when his daughter held her hand out toward the closed bedroom door and looked at the camera crew like "Can you believe this shit?" just killed me.

• Love 2

Another Intervention that seemed like a huge setup with lots of acting.  I don't doubt Robert is a drug addict but this episode and the other with the alcoholic guy(sorry don't remember his name) didn't ring true.    Are they running out of "real" families with "real" issues?  Intervention, you're are getting really sloppy.  

• Love 1

My guess is that the wife is in it for the money, manipulating the situation to her advantage. Only now Robert's run through it all and she needs him sober and productive again.

Addiction allows the disgusting enablers and hangers-on to hide in plain sight. Everybody's busy with the addict's antics, and the enabler/manipulator can get away with a lot when nobody's paying attention.

There did seem to be a lot of acting in this episode. It's hard to be sure, what with the codependent typical love of drama.

I wish Donna would soften her edges a bit. She's so harsh.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I wish Donna would soften her edges a bit. She's so harsh.

I actually thought Donna was great in this episode, really most episodes I've seen her do this season she's been good. She's improved tremendously IMO since her start on the show. 

• Love 4

I was shocked at the state the house was in ... Floors covered in clothes , garbage , no curtains . Your husband uses but you could run a vacuum and pick some shit off the floor . Jesus.  Maybe the wife was just run down ragged and depressed from his addiction . Who knows . Let's hope for the kids sake those two can keep it together 

• Love 6

I haven't yet seen the episode, but I do know that she spent quite a bit of time cleaning before the crew came, only to have Rob come home the day before their arrival and go apeshit. By that point, she was exhausted (mentally and physically) and decided to leave it as it was.

She absolutely was depressed from the whole thing, which honestly, is probably the reaction that 99.9% of people would have if they were in the same situation.

Also, I lol'd at the thought of her sticking with him for money. She works hard online for what money she's got now and from her stories about the tenants she has to deal with, I honestly solidified my desire to never ever ever become a landlord. I'd rather work a fast food job. It would be a lot less work.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ultraviolet1 said:

I haven't yet seen the episode, but I do know that she spent quite a bit of time cleaning before the crew came, only to have Rob come home the day before their arrival and go apeshit. By that point, she was exhausted (mentally and physically) and decided to leave it as it was.

She absolutely was depressed from the whole thing, which honestly, is probably the reaction that 99.9% of people would have if they were in the same situation.

Also, I lol'd at the thought of her sticking with him for money. She works hard online for what money she's got now and from her stories about the tenants she has to deal with, I honestly solidified my desire to never ever ever become a landlord. I'd rather work a fast food job. It would be a lot less work.

Ultraviolet1 are you Robert's wife, friend or family?  I only ask because if you hadn't seen the episode, how do you know she cleaned before the crew got there? How do you know she is depressed and has an online business?  If you are close to the situation, it would be interesting to hear your take on it. 

Edited by raiderred1
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2016 at 3:31 PM, raiderred1 said:

Ultraviolet1 are you Robert's wife, friend or family?  I only ask because if you hadn't seen the episode, how do you know she cleaned before the crew got there? How do you know she is depressed and has an online business?  If you are close to the situation, it would be interesting to hear your take on it. 

I'd like to think of myself as a friend (more than acquaintance, even if it's just from an online basis as somewhat of "co-workers") of his wife and think she's a very nice, caring person who had her life completely turned around by what has happened in the past ~2 years, starting with her caring for her ill father in law.

There has been a great amount of improvement in both of their lives since the update and it's going well for them both, hopefully to continue. Certain family members are (and will forever be) out of their lives and certain others have made steps to get help for themselves to be there for him when he does return home. 

• Love 10
On August 6, 2016 at 5:07 PM, ultraviolet1 said:

I'd like to think of myself as a friend (more than acquaintance, even if it's just from an online basis as somewhat of "co-workers") of his wife and think she's a very nice, caring person who had her life completely turned around by what has happened in the past ~2 years, starting with her caring for her ill father in law.

There has been a great amount of improvement in both of their lives since the update and it's going well for them both, hopefully to continue. Certain family members are (and will forever be) out of their lives and certain others have made steps to get help for themselves to be there for him when he does return home. 

Ultraviolet I'm glad to hear Robert and his wife are doing well , I'm rooting for them

• Love 3